39

Worlds Collide

 

 

Jungah and Daehyun were both at the yacht’s upper deck.

“I can almost hear the bearings in your brain turning, Jungah.” Daehyun commented. Jungah smiled as she enjoyed the feeling of the sun’s warm rays on her skin.

“I’m playing two characters here, of course I have to think.” Jungah nodded.

“What do you mean?”

“I have to be the good granddaughter in front of my family while looking for a way to get rid of Haera and…helping my brother.” She nodded, then she glanced down.

tumblr_mpi7xiIMOv1spj44yo1_500.png

“I can’t let her have her way after what she’s done.”

 

Kris watched as Jungah and Daehyun talked, they were at the site. The two had gone off and were both surveying the area were the racetrack and sports stadium would be standing.

“Do you think we can get the permits by next week? The engineer said that the city office-” Haera was speaking to him, but Kris found it hard to focus on her.

Jungah was nodding to something Daehyun had said, then Daehyun laughed and playfully wrapped one arm around her neck.

Kris’s brows furrowed then he looked away.

 

The four were enjoying their lunch at a local café, Daehyun was seated beside Jungah.

“Progress?” Kris asked her.

“Everything’s going well, we’ll be seeing the blueprints by next week.”

“Then, will we be finally starting with the new sports stadium too?” Haera looked up, Jungah smiled.

“Yes.”

Daehyun looked up and bit back his laugh.

Kris blinked, Jungah just smiled at Haera.

“Jungie, can we go roam around after eating?” Daehyun looked up.

“As long as you drive, Dae.”

Daehyun smiled and playfully nudged her shoulder.

 

Kris looked away as the two stood up.

“We’ll be going.”

“We’ll be leaving around four.” Kris said.

“It’s fine, we can always catch the barge.”

“No, we will be leaving at four, don’t be late.” Kris said sternly, even Haera was shocked.

“Hao le, hao le. Sheez.” Jungah winced then they left.

 

Daehyun glanced back as they exited the restaurant, he saw the way Kris had his eyes on Jungah. And he had a feeling he knew exactly what it meant. He just grinned and wrapped one arm around his friend.

On the other hand, he was surprised when Jungah actually obeyed Kris when he asked her to come back at four. He suppressed his laugh as they walked towards the car.

 

Jungah stepped out from the shower and changed into a pair of terry shorts and a tank top. She dried her hair and stepped down for dinner. She was on the middle of the staircase when she heard noises from the living room.

“She’s here again?” She shook her head and pulled her cheeks upward.

“Smile.” She rolled her eyes and went down.

She reached the last step and walked towards the living room where she found Haera speaking with Agung, her older brother was by the window whole Yixing was nowhere to be seen.

“Mei, finally, we were waiting for you, let’s eat!” Agung said as he noticed her step in.

“Sorry, agung, I was really tired.” She smiled politely, then she gave Haera a small wave before turning to her brother.

“Ge, how was your day?” She asked with a smile on her face.

 

Dinner as peaceful, Lay came in a little late from the company but there was something that shocked him when he joined the others.

Jungah was being quiet and tame.

She would reply if Haera spoke to her, and not even one snide remark or action from her. Lay shook his head and glanced at Luhan, who looked confused.

“Then, we should set the date, do you have a date in mind for the engagement?”

Haera smiled.

“I think Luhan oppa and I should talk about that.”

Jungah’s grip on her utensils tightened but she continued eating.

“Then, mei, you should help Haera with the preparations, since you two are going to be sisters.”

Luhan and Lay stared at the younger Xi, anticipating wrath, but then Jungah smiled,

“Of course, Agung.”

 

After dinner, Feilin stepped out from the house and met up with Chanyeol at the track.

“They’re going to set the engagement date.”

“I don’t know what you’re planning, Jungie.”

“I have to make them believe that I’m okay with everything, oppa.”

Chanyeol glanced at her, she looked tired and worn out.

“Luhan gege has always been a calm and steady support for me even though I don’t say it, but I don’t want him to suffer.” She bit her lip and looked down.

Chanyeol sighed and pulled her to him, engulfing her in a hug.

“I know, Jungie, that’s why I’m here, to support you.”

 

Tao stepped on the brakes and blinked. They just arrived at the track, he wanted to meet Jungah and Lay told them that she drove here. Beside him, Kris was looking at Chanyeol and Jungah.

“Are they back together?” Tao murmured. Kris felt something stir in him but he pushed it away.

Then they got off the car.

 

Jungah looked up then he noticed two familiar tall figures.

“Jie!” Tao jogged up to her.

“How are you, didi? What brings you here?” Jungah grinned at him, then she glanced at Kris.

tumblr_mocs1biIev1qagaf4o5_r1_250.gif

“Ya, Wu Yifan!” She squeezed Tao’s shoulders before running towards Kris.

 

Kris felt someone take hold of his sleeve, then he turned and found Jungah grinning at him.

“You don’t look like you’re supposed to be here.” She said. Kris looked at her, she was wearing her terry shorts that too much of her legs, and a thin cardigan. He winced.

“Ya-”

Jungah paused when Kris bent down and tied his coat around her waist.

“When will you eve understand that you’re a CEO now. Men are looking at you!”

“Dude, calm down, I was with oppa.”

Kris shook his head.

“I understand you’ve been pissed at me for the past few days. I’ll let this go.” She smiled to herself then she reached out and gently wrapped her arms around him.

 

“Thanks for putting up with me, Li Jiaheng.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++