53

Worlds Collide

 

 

The girl scoffed as she eyed Jungah in distaste.

“I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“Obviously, I never heard about you.” Jungah shook her head, Kris sighed and stood up.

“Excuse me, but I have to leave you. It was nice meeting you Miss Choi.”

 

“Is this the part when you start to brag?”

Jungah chuckled as they stepped out of the shop.

“Should I start now?”

Kris smiled and put his hands in his pockets. Jungah smiled and started to walk ahead.

“I’ll go now, enjoy your weekend, Wu Yifan.”

Kris looked up.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“Somewhere.” She grinned at him as she walked towards the bus stop. Seconds later, the bus arrived and Jungah went in.

 

Jungah exhaled as she sat down in the bus.

What was I thinking?

She shook her head and took out her phone.

“At least, I’m not awkward with him.” She smiled to herself.

 

Kris got in his car and took out the folder Youngjae had given him.

“They’re right, she isn’t acting herself.”

He noticed that Jungah’s smiles weren’t sincere anymore, and she had become more reckless.

He glanced at the bus again.

Kris sighed and leaned back on the seat.

But someone like Jungah, he had no idea how to deal with.

 

Luhan looked away as they stepped in the hall. Today was the day when Agung would announce his engagement with Haera.

He glanced at the empty space beside him, Lay and Jungah weren’t around. He felt Haera touch his arm lightly.

“Smile, oppa.” She smiled at him.

He didn’t reply, he just walked in and tuned out all the camera flashes and questions.

“We’re here to announce the marriage between two companies, my grandson, Luhan is already engaged with miss Kwon Haera.”

Haera smiled as people started taking photos.

Then the doors suddenly opened, Kris strode in the room.

“Kris?” Luhan stood up. Kris’s brows furrowed then he handed Luhan the folder in his hands.

“Jungah….she..was keeping these.”

The two ignored at the media started to murmur behind them. Agung frowned and looked at them.

“You two, there’s a time-”

Luhan opened the folder and read its contents. Then his fists curled as he glanced at Haera.

“You….were attacking Jungah all this time?” He stared at her. Haera’s eyes widened and she stood up. Luhan dropped the folder on the table then he tossed the contents towards the press.

“Publish them.” He snapped.

“Luhan, ni-”

Luhan shook his head at his grandfather. Kris looked away.

“Jungah….was right. She-”

Luhan’s secretary came running in the room.

 

“Director…it’s the…young miss!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++