33

Worlds Collide

 

Jungah was with her cousin as they stepped out of the elevator and walked towards the lobby.

“Should we eat out tonight?” Lay asked.

“I want Italian.” She grinned, Lay smiled and placed one hand at the small of her back as they exited the building, then they waited for their cars.

“I heard too! Does that mean she’s trying to be together with him now?”

“I don’t know, but I heard their meeting was brief!”

“Ya, ya, is it true? Miss Kwon went to Director Xi’s office today?”

Lay’s eyes widened, then he glanced at Jungah, she was absentmindedly typing on her phone.

 

Jungah felt her cousin’s eyes on her as she pretended to text. But deep inside she was annoyed.

Kwon Haera went to my brother’s office?!

Then, Lay’s car arrived.

“You go on ahead, just tell me the address.” She smiled up at him, Lay nodded and left. Then he was out of sight, she turned to the employees.

As soon as they noticed the lady beside them, they froze and bowed politely.

“Director, we apologize-”

“No, don’t.” Jungah smiled at them pleasingly.

“Can…you tell me what you know about Kwon Haera?”

 

 

Jungah smirked as she stepped on the gas, her Bugatti Veyron’s engine purred in delight as she sped towards the restaurant.

“I knew it.”

 

Luhan looked at his cousin questioningly.

“Jungah heard it?”

“I don’t think she did, ge. If she did, she would have reacted.” Lay countered.

“I don’t think it’s healthy if she knows.” Luhan murmured.

“Healthy? It wont be healthy for Haera.” Lay shook his head, but then again, Jungah already didn’t like the girl, Lay blinked.

“What is it now, Yixing?”

“Jungah…knows how to play well, ge. She can hide emotions well and well as not feel emotions.”

“What are you saying?”

Lay shook his head, he was thinking too much.

Jungah would react if she heard the employees talking. She can’t pretend she didn’t hear something like that.

 

Haera curled her fingers around her phone. She had just gotten off the phone with her father.

She was arranged to meet the Xi elder tomorrow. She smiled to herself as she poured herself another glass of wine, and then she called her secretary.

“Yes, Director Kwon?”

“About the release I told you about, send them out.” She smirked to herself.

“And make sure this time, Jungah wont be able to recover.”

 

Jungah drummed her fingers on the table, Kris looked at her questioningly.

“I heard agung landed earlier, he didn’t pass by the house for breakfast.” She said.

“He must have been busy or in a rush.”

“But I feel worried, when I woke up I also found out that Luhan and Yixing were both called to an emergency meeting. I’m used to having breakfast with them.” She bit her lip.

Kris smiled, this was another side of Jungah he rarely saw.

“You shoudn’t be thinking too much, we’ll be having the conference in a few now, mei.”

“Don’t start with the mei, Wu Yifan.”

“As you wish, Feilin mei.”

Then Haera entered the room.

“Everything’s ready.” She chirped.

“Oh really.”

Kris gave Jungah a look.

“I heard top managers don’t need people skills, only first line managers need them.”

“Feilin, just go.” He almost sighed, Jungah chuckled, Kris rolled his eyes and gently led her to the doors with his palm on the small of her back.

Haera watched as the two walk out of the place, she glared at Jungah.

Kris never looked at her that way, even before.

 

Jungah stepped in the room and found Kris already talking, she smiled and sat down beside Xi Holdings’ BOD.

“Congratulations, Miss Xi. Your proposal was very exemplary.”

“Thank you, Director Hong.” She smiled politely then she saw Haera step in the place. She glanced at Jungah with a knowing smile, then she sat down.

“And, we have Miss Xi with us to talk about the sports complex as well as the race track.” Kris said.

Jungah stood up walked up the platform.

“Yes, about the race track, I’ve been getting questions on who would be building it for us,” She started.

“Well, we’ve all heard of Jung Automobile Industries, right?”

The directors nodded, she smiled and directed towards the flatscreen.

“I know one of the directors, and after a little…bargaining,”

Some people chuckled.

“We can have our track finished by the best company automobile and race company here in Korea.”

“And, about the the stadium, I’ve already spoken with engineers and the architect, we can start the construction by next week, and again, thank you for accepting my proposal.” She bowed politely. Kris smiled and looked away. He was watching Feilin speak, the business-like, serious Feilin, whereas Jungah, Jungah was another story. But then he liked seeing her that way.

Jungah just smiled and thanked the directors again.

 

Lay looked at his cousin, his eyes were filled with worry. They just got home from the emergency meeting with agung.

They both thought something bad had happened when they were whisked away, but when they arrived at the office, shock was what welcomed them.

Luhan was sitting down on one of the ottoman’s in their living room, all quiet.

“Ge, what are you going to do?” He asked.

 

“I can’t reject agung’s orders, Yixing.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++