42

Worlds Collide

 

 

Jungah bit her lip repetitively as they walked towards the dress shop, she was walking beside Kris.

“I told you so.” She said dryly.

Kris shook his head at her, but she knew. He wasn’t feeling okay.

“Kris, you can just go, I can ask Luhan to drive me home-”

Kris stopped walking and looked at her, then gently he tugged on her lower lip.

“Stop the lip biting, your lips might bleed.”

Jungah frowned.

“It’s fine, Feilin. Move along now.”

“Stubborn people.” She grumbled.

“Look who’s talking.”

“Shut up, tower.”

 

Haera was roaming around the dress shop, occasionally asking her about the dresses she picked up, while Jungah was doing her best to smile and be happy. But deep inside her, there was a war going on.

She felt like punching Haera and kept on imagining how she should get rid of the girl. And she felt pain for Kris. Jungah knew that somehow he still had feelings for her, and here he was stuck with them, shopping for Haera’s engagement dress.

Jungah glanced at her brother who was sitting down, she felt her heart ache.

“Why don’t you try some of these first and see if they suit you.” She smiled at Haera.

 

Luhan looked up as he felt someone sit beside him, Jungah smiled and wrapped one arm around her brother.

“How are you feeling?” She asked, Luhan just smiled and patted her cheek.

“I’m okay, mei. Thanks for helping.” He said, Jungah nodded then she glanced at Kris, her brows furrowed.

“Ge, I need to check on something, tell Haera I’ll be back in a few.”

 

“Hey.” Kris felt a presence behind him, Feilin was frowning.

“Is something wrong?” He asked.

“Duibuqi, you being here-”

“Don’t be, Yixing left you under my care, I had to make sure you were safe.” He grinned at her, Jungah bit her lip and glanced back at the shop again. Then she smiled.

“But honestly, it felt awkward inside.” Kris added, she chuckled.

“Yeah, you didn’t know where to stand.”

Kris smiled and nodded.

“Then you wanna go roam around?” She asked.

 

“Can I ask you something, Jungah?” Kris asked as they walked, some of the employees bowed at Kris as he passed, he just nodded back.

“Fire away.”

“What made you…accept Luhan’s decision?”

Jungah looked away and bit her lip.

“Because, I asked him if he would be happy, he told me he would be….that’s why.” She fibbed.

Kris nodded and gave her shoulder a slight squeeze. Jungah frowned.

“Ya, as the owner of this mall will you treat me to frozen yogurt?” She turned back to him. Kris smiled.

“How about no.”

“Why don’t you just go back to Haera and Luhan.” She rolled her eyes at him.

Then she felt Kris pulling her arm as she heard a loud crash, Jungah felt warmth engulf her as her forehead bumped slightly on his chest.

She glanced back and saw one of the employees slipped while carrying a box of items.

Kris exhaled and let her go.

“Are you okay?”

“I broke my leg, ouch.” She grinned at him, Kris sighed and let her go.

“To frozen yogurt we go.”

“Yes!”

tumblr_inline_momlgq8FYe1qz4rgp.gif

“How old are you again?”

Jungah smiled and playfully punched his arm.

“Let’s go, Wu Yifan.”

 

The employees around them blinked in surprise, they have heard rumors about their big boss, it was told that he was extremely good looking and had a cold personality, but seeing him earlier. It was the opposite, he was good looking but he was smiling.

But then, they noticed how he interacted with the young lady.

 

Kris opened the door and Jungah slipped in then she stopped, there was a familiar middle aged lady standing in front of her.

“Ayi.(Auntie.)” She smiled, Kris’s mother smiled at the two of them.

“What are you two doing here? On a date?” She clasped her palms together.

“Ma, Feilin just wanted to grab ice cream, Luhan’s upstairs.” Kris nodded. The elder Wu smiled.

“Sure, sure, of course.”

“Ayi, you like frozen yogurt too?” Jungah asked.

“I do, but I don’t know which flavor to choose.”

“I’ll help you choose, ayi. Kris why don’t you look for a table while we order.” Jungah said as they started to walk towards the counter. Kris’s mother’s eyes widened, no one ordered Kris that way, but her son just nodded and went around to look for a vacant table.

“Which flavor do you want?” Jungah called out.

 “Strawberry.”

Jungah nodded and walked ahead to the counter, Mrs. Wu smiled to herself.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++