22

Worlds Collide

 

Jungah sat down and waited for their meal. Kris placed his phone back in his coat pocket.

“I presented the race track idea to the board, Feilin.”

Jungah looked up.

“They liked it and they want to speak to you.”

“Ugh, does that mean I have to meet everyone?” She groaned, Kris couldn’t hide his amusment.

“You work in a corporation.” He stated.

“But you’re there, you can do all-”

“Jungah.” Kris gave her a look.

“Make a presentation about the race track, I’ll help you with the proposal.”

Jungah smiled cheekily.

“Oppa?”

 

Jungah blinked and glanced to her left, Haera was walking to them, she was wearing an extremely short skirt and a sleeveless silk top. Jungah gave her a polite nod, but she noticed how Kris instantly tensed as she neared them.

“Are you two having lunch?”

Jungah just bit her tongue down.

“Yes, we are.” Kris replied evenly.

“Then can I join you guys? We’ll be together later anyway.” Haera smiled, Jungah met eyes with Kris.

“Actually, we’re waiting for someone.” Jungah said to her.

“Expecting someone?” Haera turned to Kris, as if not believing Jungah.

“Are we?” Kris looked at Jungah helplessly.

“Basics of lying, dude.”

“We’re waiting for-oh!” Jungah waved at the person who just stepped in.

Himchan and Zelo looked up and smiled at her.

Kris’ brows rose.

“Jungah.” Himchan bumped fists with her, Kris looked away and winced.

“Are you enjoying- hey, how come no one’s serve you anything?” Himchan’s voice boomed.

“You know them?” Haera looked intimidated.

“Himchan, can I have them delivered to my office? I’m short on time.” Jungah looked at him.

“No problem, noona.” Zelo answered for her then he squeezed her hand before heading to his hyung.

“We really have to go, Haera.” Jungah turned to Haera, then she gave Kris a nod.

 

 

“You know the owner of the place?” Kris asked as they stepped out of the place.

“This is being immature, no one tells me anything.” She grimaced. Kris’ brows furrowed.

“Don’t worry, I won’t ask you anything. I just hope you wouldn’t tense so much when she’s around. It makes me uncomfortable too.” She playfully hit his shoulder before walking to her car.

“Lunch at my office, Li Jiaheng.”

 

 

“A start of a very unconventional friendship.” Lay mused as they watch Kris and Jungah enter the lobby. He was with Luhan at the second floor. Luhan just smiled.

Jungah was chatting with Kris as they made their way to the elevator.

“But it still worries me.” Luhan said.

“About what?”

“Haera working with Kris.”

Lay frowned and glanced at his cousin.

“I don’t think Jungah will like Haera once she knows about Haera, ge.”

“I already have a feeling she doesn’t like Haera that much.”

 

 

 

Jungah chewed on her chicken steak quietly.

“I know someone who specializes on racing tracks and stadiums.” She said.

“That’s good then.” Kris nodded to her.

“A very generic reply.” She grinned at him and stood up.

“I’m eating.” Kris explained. Jungah nodded and took off her coat.

“Ah, right, Kris-”

The doors to her office suddenly opened, then Jungah felt two arms wrap around her.

 

“Jungie! I need your help!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++