56

Worlds Collide

 

Luhan stepped in the room and found his sister blinking to herself while trying to sit upright.

“Mei!”

Jungah jumped lightly as her older brother dashed to her and enveloped her in a tight hug.

“Uhm…Luhan.” She shook her head while wincing.

“Sorry, mei.” Luhan sighed in relief as he released her.

Jungah shook her head and tried to sit up, then she winced.

“Jungah-”

“I…” She frowned, then Luhan sighed.

“I’m the worst the brother.”

Jungah looked up.

“I failed to see what you were doing mei. I…was just so confused that time, I didn’t know what to do. Then I saw that…”

Jungah shook her head and took her brother’s hands.

“And now seeing you here, I don’t deserve to be your brother, mei.”

“Ya, don’t talk like that.” She shook her head and smiled.

“I’m so sorry, mei.” Luhan almost whispered, then he bent down to kiss her forehead.

“You are my brother, nothing can change that. I shouldn’t have gone angry at you, ge.” She bit her lip, Luhan shook his head.

“No, I should have protected and trusted you mei. And I promise, I…wont let anyone touch you again.”

 

“Finally.” Lay exhaled as he stepped in the room, Luhan was watching Jungah eat her breakfast.

“Good to see that your eyes are finally open.” Yixing smiled and kissed the crown of her head.

“Uhm, guys please stop showering me with all the hearts and sparkles. It’s….you know, I’m eating and I might just puke it all out later.”

Luhan chuckled and pinched her cheek.

“Just eat, mei.”

“And now the “mei” comes out.” She grunted as she went back to eating her porridge.

“Tao dropped by yesterday when you were asleep. He was really worried.”

Jungah nodded, then she blinked.

“I was about to-”

The door opened, revealing Kris and Zitao.

“Jie!” Tao smiled and sat beside her, slightly shoving Luhan away.

“Hey, she’s my sister. Shoo.” Luhan tried to push him away.

Tao shook his head at him and looked at Jungah.

“How are you feeling, jie?”

“Just hungry.” She mused, then she looked up. Kris was staring at her feet, no- her legs.

“Have you tried moving the lower part of your body?”

At his question, everyone in the room froze.

“About that, I was about to tell Luhan earlier, I can’t feel them.”

 

Tao and Yixing were left in the room with Jungah. Luhan leaned on the wall for support.

“No.” He shook his head, Kris looked away in worry. Then Jungah’s physician stepped out of the room.

“I’ve checked on Miss Xi, she’s doing fine aside from her bruises. She’s very lucky her brain wasn’t affected by the impact.”

The two men nodded.

“But, about her legs….she claims that she can’t feel anything. She cant move them.”

“Doctor, what are we going to do?” Luhan asked.

“She has to undergo therapy, but…the no one can promise the results.”

 

Kris entered the room again and found Jungah alone, playing a game on her phone.

“Li Jiaheng.” She grinned as she set the device down. Kris smiled and sat beside her.

“You’ve been slacking off work.” He smiled.

“I know.” She rolled her eyes.

“Honestly, I miss the track so much. It’s been a while since I last talked with Yongguk and the guys.”

Kris’s chest tightened.

“You miss racing?” He asked. Jungah smiled and playfully hit his arm.

“Ever saw me biking, Wu Yifan?”

He chuckled lightly and took her right hand.

“You….have to get well, hao le?”

Jungah paused and stared at him.

“What are you-”

“Promise me.”

Jungah slowly nodded.

“Fine.”

Kris smiled and kissed her forehead.

 

“Get well.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++