29

Worlds Collide

 

 

 

Jungah warily glanced at the four who were ahead of her, they were at the path, enjoying their afternoon hike, whereas Jungah, she wanted to sleep.

She drank a small amount of water before picking up her vibrating phone.

“It’s me.” HImchan’s deep voice came from the other end.

“I did my research, that Kwon Haera, she graduated together with your brother and Kris at business school.”

“That’s all?” She asked as she started to walk again.

“There’s nothing to her really, except that Kwon Industries is slightly having a hard time right now.”

Jungah nodded and glanced at her older brother.

“Gomawo, Himchan.”

 

Luhan turned back and saw his sister trudging towards them, he smiled and took her hand.

“We’re going down now, mei, are you okay?”

“Is that a trick question?” Jungah glared at him, Luhan chuckled and helped her go down.

“I don’t even know why-” Jungah lost her footing, then she felt a firm grip on her elbow.

“You don’t know what?” Kris smirked at her slightly and righted her again.

Luhan shook his head and brushed off the soil from her jeans.

“Mei, please be careful.” Lay chided.

Jungah made a face and pulled away from Kris.

“You’re welcome, Feilin.”

“We’re even now, Li Jiaheng.”

Kris just smiled and continued walking down.

 

 

Lay had to practically drag his younger cousin in the event, it was the ribbon-cutting event for the hotel and the guests have already arrived. Jungah was wearing a black mesh dress that was see-through around her mid riff and showed her toned legs.

She walked in the hall with her cousin and brother, and immediately all eyes were on them. Jungah almost cringed as she saw some of the female guests stare at the two men beside her.

“Mei, we have to-”

“No, you two have to.” Jungah shook her head and pulled away from the two. Lay grinned as he watched Jungah walk up to Tao and Kris.

“Since she does well with the project, let her be for now.” Luhan mused and walked towards the platform.

 

“Look! Look! They way they stare at my brother.” Jungah shuddered. Kris smiled in an amused manner and took a sip from his drink.

“You have that side too.” He commented. Jungah shook her head.

“Excuse me, but, Miss Xi, I would-”

Jungah turned to the man who approached them.

“Yes?”

“I would just like to congratulate you and your family, another hotel under the Xis, I’m sure it will be a success.”

Jungah blinked and looked at Kris as if asking for his help.

“Ah, yes. Thank you.”

The man just smiled at her.

“And, you and mister Wu must be good friends too, right?”

Jungah nodded slowly.

“He’s from the press, he’s trying to get something from you.”

“If we don’t get along, Xi Holdings might have a huge loss, we’re working on a new project.” She said in a sharp tone.

“Yes, I heard, but-”

“I’m sorry, but I’m not in the mood to-”

“Jungie!”

Jungah felt Chanyeol’s cheek press on hers then he immediately let her go.

 

Kris took a step back as Chanyeol engulfed Jungah in a hug, the man who was talking to Jungah stepped away from them.

“Oppa.” She groaned.

Chanyeol just smiled at her.

“I came with abeoji, congratulations.” He beamed, Jungah smiled.

“Thanks, oppa. Now run along, uncle must be looking for you.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at her and left, Kris glanced at Jungah.

“You know, people might mistake you as a couple.”

“He..He’s always been like that.” She shrugged, then she noticed the botanical garden beyond the glass windows.

“Can we go there?” She looked at Kris with wide eyes.

And of course, he said yes.

 

 

 

Kris pushed the glass door and let Jungah pass.

“Was the event too much for you?” Kris asked in a light tone.

“A little.” She grinned up at him and took off her heels and started to walk comfortably on the grass. Kris took the shoes from her.

“I’ll hold onto it while you grumble about the party.”

Jungah chuckled.

“I was being rude to you the other day, Feilin, I’m sorry.” He said, while briefly glancing at her.

“It’s okay, Wu Yifan, don’t stress about it.” She murmured, then she winced as she felt her heartbeat accelerate a little. She wiped her damp forehead.

“How long have you known Haera?” She asked. Kris bit his lip.

“Since college.”

Jungah nodded, then Kris found a bench.

“Let’s sit down, your feet must be hurting.” He said as he made his way towards the marble bench.

Jungah nodded and suddenly her breathing became constricted. She rasped as she held onto her chest.

 

“Get….Lu-” She choked out before collapsing on the ground.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++