27

Worlds Collide

 

 

Chanyeol looked up as he saw Haera join them, and then he noticed how Jungah’s expression tensed. His brows rose up, then he walked to Jungah.

“Hey.” He said in a soothing tone as he planted his palm on her back. Jungah looked at him.

Kris grew confused as she watched the two. Then Haera and Luhan walked to them.

“Agung invited her earlier before he left for Osaka.” Luhan said in Mandarin.

Lay, Jungah and Kris nodded.

“Come here.” Chanyeol pulled her up slowly and walked her to an empty table. Kris’ brows furrowed.

Haera smiled and sat down.

“It’s been a while since we had a meal together.” She started, Lay could only smile, then Tao sat down beside Luhan.

Then he blinked as he saw Jungah already far away from them.

 

“You…look like you’re about to explode.” Chanyeol said, Jungah shrugged.

“You don’t like that girl.” He stated.

“It’s not like that, oppa-”

“I wasn’t asking you.” He made a face at her, Jungah could only shrug.

“I don’t know why, but that girl…I cant seem to trust her.” She leaned on the table.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m working on the project with her. But, there’s just something…I can’t point it out but..”

Chanyeol just nodded, knowing full well how Jungah was.

“At this point, you just have to let it be, Jungie. Since you’re doing business with her.”

Jungah nodded, Chanyeol smiled and squeezed her hand.

 

“They’re off in their own world again.” Yongguk mused as he watched Jungah and Chanyeol talk, then Daehyun turned to the table where the others are sitting.

“But, who’s that girl? I haven’t seen before.” He commented.

“That table looks dead awkward, hyung.” Zelo chuckled.

 

“I didn’t know agung contacted you.” Lay started, Haera just smiled then she stood up to get food.

Tao and Lay exhaled as she left then they glanced at Luhan and Kris.

“I’m sorry guys, I didn’t know.” Luhan started, Tao bit his lip then he saw Jungah stand up with Chanyeol.

“Yixing, oppa has to go. I’ll just walk him to the gate.”

“Oh, Jungah-ya!” Haera turned to her. Chanyeol looked at the female.

Jungah stared at Haera questioningly.

“I was wondering, about the race track, I don’t know any company that could handle it for us.” Haera smiled at her sweetly, then she turned to Kris.

“Right?”

Kris looked at Jungah.

“Ah, it’s because they don’t just affiliate themselves with low market companies.” Jungah replied, then she called to Daehyun. Haera looked away.

“Dae?”

Daehyun stood up and walked to her.

“It’s their company, Jung Corporation.” Jungah nodded.

“Is this about the race track? I already told you, abeoji said it was fine, as long as you’re the one handling it.” Daehyun nodded.

Jungah arched one brow at Haera challengingly.

“You’re really letting her finish that proposal?” Haera said with disbelief and turned to Kris. Luhan’s brows rose.

“What are you saying?” Daehyun looked baffled.

“She’s a newbie, oppa!”

Jungah shook her head at Luhan.

“She doesn’t know anything yet, we can’t trust her!”

Kris stood up and faced Haera.

“Haera, Jungah may be new, but-”

“Let me set things straight,” Jungah snapped. Chanyeol placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Your company, Miss Kwon, only invested twenty percent in this project, the remaining eighty belongs to Lotte and Xi Holdings, so you have no right to dictate things, power wise.”

“Are you looking down on us, right now?”

“I am quite taller than you.” Jungah spat.

“Who do you think you are?” Haera hissed, Luhan stepped in front of her.

“She’s my sister and this is her house.”

Kris looked away, Jungah turned to him.

“Newbie, huh?” She smirked.

“If I were you, miss Kwon, I’d get out of here, you weren’t invited in the first place.”

“Jungah!” Kris looked at her coldly.

Jungah scoffed.

“Go ahead with your people skills.” She snapped and went towards the house.

“And, next time when you plan to challenge me, do it well.” Then Jungah closed the doors behind her.

 

“Jungie.” Chanyeol frowned as they stopped in front of his car, then he slowly hugged her.

“I don’t know what to do, oppa. Just go.”

Chanyeol let go of her and nodded, then he slipped in his car and left.

Jungah turned to the gate and found Kris talking to Haera by the gates. She looked away and went straight for the entrance.

“Feilin, wait-”

 

Jungah shut the gates behind her.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++