47

Worlds Collide

 

Feilin bent down and leaned her palms on her knees, she had just finished her early morning jog. She pulled out her earphones from ears and slowly paced towards her condo complex.

She reached the building’s lobby and headed towards the elevator.

 

Kris was dressed in his usual business suit as he stepped out of his unit. He was checking his phone when he heard footsteps approaching him. He looked up, then he paused.

Jungah was listening to her iPod, clad in a pair of running shorts and purple sports bra.

Then he saw her walk towards the door a few doors away from his unit.

He blinked as he saw Jungah press in the code and open the door, then he strode towards her.

 

“Wu Yifan?” Jungah looked confused when she felt Kris’s hand wrap around her wrist.

“You…Why are you here?” Kris asked her.

Jungah exhaled and looked at him.

“Have you eaten?” She asked.

“No, not yet.” Kris replied automatically, Jungah nodded then she closed the door and tugged on his sleeve.

“Let’s grab breakfast then.”

 

“Why are you living alone?” Kris asked as they entered the elevator.

“Independence.”

“Did Luhan even permit you to do so?” He almost smiled, but then he notice Jungah tense.

“But, Jungah, please, show yourself during the meetings, Haera-”

The doors opened and revealed Lay, he was looking at the two.

 

“Mei, please stop this.” Lay said.

“Do you expect me to live with you again?”

“Mei-”

Kris was seated with them, he remained quiet.

“Fine, let me say this, it’s just Kris anyway.” Jungah shrugged.

“I’m a killer, ge. A criminal, I paid someone to target Kwon Haera and now she’s in the hospital. It was me, I asked someone to hit her!” She snapped.

Kris’s eyes widened.

“This is the truth, Kris. So stop….trying…stop being kind to me. I tried to kill someone, that’s why I refuse to talk to people. I’d rather be alone.” She tried to stand.

“Xi Feilin, don’t you dare leave!” Lay snapped.

“Too late ge, I already did.”

“No, I am not letting you-”

“What else do you want? I cant stay in the house where I am obviously not wanted.”

“They’re going to announce the engagement this week.” Lay stated.

“The hell I care.” She spat, Kris looked away.

“You want to know what I think?” Jungah looked at him.

“Tell Luhan, best wishes.”

 

Jungah leaned back on the tub and let the water calm her.

She was so frustrated. The only thing she was thankful for was that she never ran into her brother at the company. Seeing Luhan was another thing for her. She never expected this to happen. She was fuming.

And she decided, not to care anymore.

 

 

Kris looked up as Feilin stepped in the conference room, he was already with Haera’s representative.

“I’m sorry, I had some things at the office.” Jungah stated flatly as she sat down.

“We were just discussing the floor plans, just in time.” Kris said. She nodded and listened to the report emotionlessly. Kris observed her.

Somehow what she said earlier, it didn’t matter to him. He knew her. The Jungah he knows would never do that. Even though Jungah never liked Haera, she would never do something like that. And he hated it, he hated Luhan for suspecting Jungah.

Soon, the meeting ended, the other director left. Kris glanced up at Jungah.

“I’m sorry you had to see that, Kris.” She stated as she stood up. Kris shook his head at her.

“But, it’s true, Luhan…he thinks I did. I know you and Haera…just…I don’t care anymore.” She stuttered, Kris just walked to her and gently wrapped his arms around her.

“I know, and…I know you Jungah. You wouldn’t do that.” He murmured to her hair. Jungah tensed, then finally after days of keeping it in, she let her tears fall.

“You’re not like that, Jungah.” Kris repeated as he rubbed her back.

“I just cant believe it…my brother…” She swallowed and slowly pulled away, Kris just smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

“You need to talk to him, all this avoiding wont do you any good.”

Jungah just stared at him, Kris smiled and wiped her tears with her fingertips.

“Do…you still….love her?” She asked.

“You should…be angry….I told you the truth. Luhan heard me….that I wanted to get rid of Haera, in a way, I was deceiving you too….”

Kris just shook his head.

 

“As long as you’re feeling better, Jungah. That’s the only thing that matters now.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++