31

Worlds Collide

 

Jungah choked on her breakfast as she saw the article, she was going to be discharged from the hospital on the very day, and yet the newspaper gave her a big shock.

“Dark past?” She said jovially, her older brother was on the phone, trying to find out what was happening.

On the paper were photos of her taken during her university years at the US, the photos were pictures of her going to club parties and some school events. And there were some photos of her together with Yongguk and the guys. Clearly, they were taken at the track in Korea.

“Partying, drinking and being with men all the time.” Lay tossed the paper away.

Jungah shook her head.

“First of all, I don’t drink. Second, I attended parties because it was a must back then, and, I grew up mostly with males.”

 

Kris stepped in the Xi household at two in the afternoon, he found Jungah at the study, talking on the phone.

She looked up as Kris joined her in the room. She set her phone down and asked him to sit.

“Your proposal has been accepted.”

Jungah smiled.

“I knew it.”

“Congratulations, Xi Feilin.” He replied, then he leaned on the table.

“I know, those rumors are not healthy for the project, but….I..dont even know where they got that idea.”

“I understand, but…did you anger someone lately?” Kris asked.

“I did, Agung, Luhan and Lay. Anyway, let’s talk about the new developments. I’ve been out for a days, I have no idea-”

“You shouldn’t be stressing yourself, it’s fine. I-”

“No, I’m okay now, that was just a mild attack. Tell me the new goings.”

Kris had to smile at that, she was being stubborn, as usual. But he was amazed how her business side kicked in. And despite being ill a few days ago, she still managed to be sarcastic.

 

“Who would even send a false rumor like that to the press?” Luhan asked.

Lay shook his head, after chatting with Jungah about the latest updates on the project, Kris had joined the two and terrace.

“Maybe someone that wants to create mess, rivals.” Lay said.

Kris remained silent and drank his coffee.

“Since Jungah’s the new face, no one knows about her, so they took the chance to taint her name. And this would affect the company’s image as well as the large scale things we’re doing now.” Lay explained, Luhan frowned.

“Then, they should be dealt with properly, no one does that to my sister.” He spat and placed his mug with a loud thud, then he walked back to the house.

“I..never saw him this agitated.” Kris watched as his friend leave.

“Jungah’s our only girl, we tend to be protective of her.”

Kris nodded.

“Ge, tell me honestly, how do you feel working with Haera? Are you okay?”

Kris hesitated for a few seconds.

“It…can be uncomfortable sometimes but, it’s not like I can do anything to change it.”

 

After a few minutes of debate from her older brother, Jungahw as finally walking in the lobby of their company, she was dressed in a pair of black jeans, a white see-through blouse with Givenchy sunglasses framing her face.

She slipped in the elevator quietly with some employees.

“I feel bad for Director Xi, she just arrived and people are talking about her.”

“Right, but….her older brother, it must be difficult for him, don’t you think?”

Behind the lenses of her sunglasses, Jungah blinked and leaned back slightly to hear their chat.

“What do you mean?”

“Xi Holdings working with Kwon Industries, that means he’ll be meeting Kwon Haera again.”

“Ah, right! I feel bad for Director Wu too, how can someone even try to break his heart?” The lady sighed.

“But, that woman, she gives me the creeps, how could she do that to two close friends?”

Jungah froze, she was getting to something.

“She dated Director Wu just to get to Director Xi, she’s a fox.”

As soon as realization hit the younger Xi, her fingers curled around her Proenza purse, then the doors opened. She stepped out of the machine, slightly fuming in anger.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++