63

Worlds Collide

 

Jungah was panting as she reached her house.

Her mind was in a total muddle. She leaned on the metal gates to calm her beating heart.

“Mei?” Luhan’s head appeared by the front door. Before facing him, Jungah took a deep breath.

“What’s with you? Did you run?” Luhan asked.

“No, I just-”

“Weren’t you with Kris?”

“….He..left. I think.”

“He left you? Alone? Out on the str-”

“Ge, I need to go, good night!”

 

Jungah smiled to herself in content as she walked in her office. She found her secretary setting a brown leather folder on her desk.

“Welcome back, Director.”

“Thanks, what is this?” She asked as she sat down.

“It’s regarding the project with the Wus, everything has been finalized.”

“Even the note with the Jungs?”

“Yes.”

Jungah’s brows furrowed.

“But….how..”

“Ah, Director Wu didn’t mention it to you?”

Jungah just blinked and shook her head.

“But didn’t that needed to be processed in Japan?”

“Yes, Director Wu has been flying back and forth to Japan for the past few weeks, ma’am.”

Jungah paused, she was supposed to do that while Kris dealt with the contractors.

“Director Zhang told him that he can do it, but Director Wu insisted on it so that you won’t be dealing with it when you go back.”

Jungah nodded and dismissed her.

The reason why Kris never had the time to come by was because of her, not Jooyeon. Jungah bit her lip.

Why was she even thinking so much about it?

Then she remembered what happened last night.

“Wo zhi neng kan dao ni. (I can only see you.)”

She frowned. Truthfully, she had no idea what to tell him.

“Jungie, it’s time to put those defenses down.” Chanyeol said as he walked in the room casually.

“I thought I had a secretary to keep you out.”

Chanyeol smiled and sat down.

“What defenses, oppa?”

“Kris.”

“Huh?”

“Last night, I didn’t leave right away.”

Jungah stared at him.

“I saw….Kris kiss you then you panicked and ran away.”

She looked away.

“He loves you, Jungie. Why push him away?”

“You’re my ex, why are you giving me this talk?”

“Because I care, and I know…deep in your…in denial heart, you have feelings for him too.”

Jungah closed .

“When Jooyeon was around, you started not to like her, right? Why do you think so?”

“Think about it.” Chanyeol smiled then he stood up and left.

Jungah shook her head.

I have feelings for Kris?

She leaned down on her table.

She remembered Jooyeon. She cringed, and to think she was starting to hate-

Jungah froze.

She shook her head.

“No. I did not become jealous. No. No.

Jungah, what’s wrong with you?

“Oh, you were.” Luhan was smiling by the door.

“Luhan!” She winced. He chuckled.

“You were jealous mei, don’t deny it.”

“Get out.”

“I approve!”

“Get out!”

 

 

Kris looked up as Jungah stepped in the conference room, she bowed politely at the directors and took her seat beside him.

“I have to apologize, but the meeting today has to be cancelled.” She announced, Kris looked at her.

“There are a few documents from the main branch that hasn’t been delivered yet, the meeting will be rescheduled tomorrow at the same time. Again, I apologize for that.”

The directors grumbled slightly while stepping out of the office.

“A fib.” Kris said. Jungah smiled lightly and nodded.

“You….the dealings with the Jungs…did you finish it? Everything?”

Kris nodded.

“But I was supposed to do that.” Jungah replied, then she noticed the dark circles under Kris’s eyes.

“Plus….you’ve been driving back and forth everyday from here to Jeollado. You could have just-”

“You were recuperating.”

“I know that, but I could do the deal with the Jungs, I was well enough to fly to Japan.”

Kris shook his head and refused to look at her.

Jungah sighed.

“You don’t look so well yourself, and you keep on asking me if I’m okay.” She stated.

“Kris,…I’m sorry.” She finished. Kris looked up in confusion.

“I shouldn’t have….done that last night. It was rude.”

He smiled.

“I was the one who kissed you without your permission and you’re the one who’s rude now?” Kris stood up and chuckled.

Jungah bit her lip.

Then slowly she walked to him, letting her body close the space between them.

“Yes.” She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

 

“Wo…xi huan ni. And….I’m willing to give us a try.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++