Chapter 9

Protect The Idol!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a fine evening in Seoul city and Taeyeon exhaled heavily for the nth time. Maybe she’s not ready for this kind of job, she thought. But hell! She gets to be her favourite person’s bodyguard for quite awhile. After meeting with her parents and arguing with her two siblings earlier in this morning, she felt sad. Maybe she won’t see them that much often if she takes this job. But hell! She gets to be her favourite person–“I get the point, author. I’m okay with it.” Shut up. I’m writing. (/slaps fictional character of Taeyeon)

“Today’s the day that I will feel lucky and tomorrow’s the day that I will feel even luckier!” Taeyeon smiled at her reflection on the mirror, now ignoring me writing about her. She gave a wink and put on her special agent outfit.

Outside, Yoona was waiting for the girl. She was busy twisting her Desert Eagle on the trigger part with her index finger. Few minutes later, the door squeaked as it was open, revealing Taeyeon and her dorky smile. “You look great! Come along.” And with that, they set off to the GG Hall.

When they have arrived at the hall, Yoona stopped Taeyeon and asked her to wait at outside and so the dork obediently followed the order. Seohyun went off to accompany the poor girl who has been waiting outside for 15 minutes.

“Hey, unnie.”

“Don’t ‘Hey, unnie’ me. Why am I still outside and not inside?” Annoyed and impatient already. Tsk.

“Because Miss Hwang hasn’t done with her speech.”

“Whaaat? So I’m going to stay here until she’s finish?”

“Yes. But don’t worry! I’m here!”

“Taeyeon! You’re up.” Yuri opened the door and smiled at the two people.

“Well that was fast.”  Taeyeon suspired in relief and nodded her head, telling Yuri that she’s ready for it. Yuri went back inside and soon, Taeyeon could hear her name was being announced.

“This is it.” Seohyun gave a pat on Taeyeon’s shoulder as both of them walked inside the hall. The first thing Taeyeon hear is crowd giving her a big applause and the first thing she sees is Miss Hwang, on stage giving her a pleasant eye-smile.

The crowd fell backward in one collection motion on their seats as Taeyeon went up the stage with Jessica trailing behind her. They stood straight next to their boss and watch as Miss Hwang handing the microphone to one of the stage crews in charge before she proceed to the two people. Miss Hwang hung the ID pass around Taeyeon’s neck and gave an orange GG badge.

“Congratulations.” She said with a sweet smile.

“Thank you, Miss Hwang.” Taeyeon bowed in respect and raised her head up when Miss Hwang shifted to Jessica next.

Miss Hwang gave a red GG badge to Jessica and a brand new gun that the agent has never used before. “Congratulations on your promotion, my best agent.”

“Thank you, Miss Hwang.” Jessica did the same action as Taeyeon did.

“Honourable agents of GG, let’s welcome Agent Erika Kim into the family!” Miss Hwang announced as the crowd of agents clapped joyfully for the new member of the agency.

Taeyeon kept bowing thankfully to the crowd while holding her laughter at her new surname.

“And!”

The hall went silence at once as Miss Hwang raised her hand up. She gave the person next to her a pat while saying,

“Give a clap to this legendary agent that has been working with us for 9 years and 4 months, General Jung!” And the hall was full with applause and yelling once again.

 

~*~*~

 

“CONGRATULATIONS!” The three agents probably screamed right in front of Jessica’s face and lucky for them, Jessica wasn’t in the mood to kill any of them.

“Yeah, come in.” The expressionless agent welcomed the trio inside the room and closed the door.

“Where’s Taeyeon? It’s time to get drunk!!” Yuri shook the bottle of wine and soon was slapped by Yoona. “Huh. I mean ‘it’s time to drink a few shots’.” She looked away in sarcasm when her girlfriend gave her a satisfy smile.

“I’m here.” Taeyeon appeared from the kitchen with a big plate of kimchi. She greeted the others as soon as she sat down on the floor next to Jessica.

Yuri opened the bottle and served five glasses of wine on the coffee table. “Let’s make a cheer!”

The others took their glasses without arguing and just before Yuri could start the cheer, Miss Hwang arrived at the room and the agents happily greeted their boss. “Come join us, boss!” Yuri said as she gave another glass to Miss Hwang. When they have settled down, Yuri rose up her glass and made a toast. “Here’s to our beloved agent who is now a General and to the new member of our family, Agent Erika and General Jung!” And all of them cheered with them clinking their glasses together before taking their sips.

Taeyeon put down her glass and passed the kimchi plate around after taking for herself. “Guys, I’ve been wondering since the event earlier. Why am I called Agent Erika Kim?”

“That’s your English name, Taeyeon.” Miss Hwang answered.

“That’s my English name? Ho mai gahd I have an English name!” Taeyeon chirped happily and received laughter from the agents. “Wait, so every agent in this agency has their own English name?”

“Yes. Mine is Agent Megan Kwon, Seohyun is Agent Catherine and Yoona, ah, and my love’s English name is y as hell. Agent Roxanne.” Yuri grinned while giving feather kisses on Yoona’s neck.

“That’s enough, you beast.” Yoona let out a husky chuckle before snuggling on her partner’s shoulder.

“And how about you, partner? Only Agent Jessica?” Taeyeon asked the person beside her.

“Well, duh. I’m American and same goes to this mushroom over here.” Jessica bullied her boss with poking her head for countless times before Miss Hwang stopped her.

“Jess, I’ve told you that you can only call me mushroom when it’s just the two of us.” Miss Hwang said in disappointment, causing Taeyeon to observe them strangely.

“Whatever is in your mind, General Jung and Miss Hwang are best friends even before they joined GG Agency.” Seohyun said in low tone since she’s sitting on the other side of Taeyeon.

“Oh?” The only respond Taeyeon gave, following by Seohyun’s nodding. “GG Agency is actually formed by Miss Hwang’s grandfather. He trained his granddaughter and made her the new head agent minister of the agency before he retired. When her grandfather passed away, Miss Hwang couldn’t proceed on taking care of this agency but General Jung was there and insisted to join this agency to help her dear friend. Miss Hwang trained General Jung and made her an agent. Now, they are still going on strong with each other yet they kept their friendship hidden in between their biographies. This is what I was told by Yuri unnie.”

“Interesting.” The only word that came out from Taeyeon’s mouth as she glanced at the two friends talking with each other. “So, they have been agents since adolesce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter