Chapter 12

Protect The Idol!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jessica!” General Jung sighed for the nth time. It’s been the fifth call she received from her own partner. She couldn’t blame her though. They were supposed to have dinner together but she thought of a plan to make her partner and the idol have some bonding time. She knew Hyoyeon was thankful and so did the whining shy dork herself.

“Yes, partner. May I help you?” Jessica showed a playful grin drew across her face with her brows wiggling mischievously.

Taeyeon had a bittersweet expression, telling Jessica that she should stay with them for awhile. “Why are Hyoyeon and I the only ones having dinner?”

Jessica sigh a faint smile. “For the fifth time, Miss Hwang and I have already eaten our dinner. I ate my Omelette dish remember?” She walked to the table and sat the chair next to Taeyeon before ruffling the dork’s hair as if she was a child still.

“O–Oh.” Taeyeon looked down on her food, embarrassed at Hyoyeon who was giggling at her behaviour. “I didn’t get what you said earlier.” Lame excuse, Taeyeon knew.

“Seriously! Just eat and talk about life, you two! Aren’t you thankful that I’m giving you some time with your-what-so-called lov–” “Em! Delicious!” Jessica laughed when she felt one of her foot was stepped. “I meant idol, Taeyeon. Idol.”

The dork stuck out her tongue. “You were trying to say love. I know.”

“That’s it. I’ll leave you with Hyoyeon now. Have a talk so you guys would fall in love and give me babies to babysit. Seriously!” Jessica jumped on her feet and quickly exited the dining room before Taeyeon could throw a piece of material to her.

“Idiot! That’s way too far!” Taeyeon yelled followed by Jessica’s laughter at the living room. She looked back at Hyoyeon, the idol was smiling while trying to cut her meat. She couldn’t done it properly actually. Taeyeon gulped and stretched out her hands. “H–Here, let me help...Ouch...” She pulled her hands quickly to hold on her abdomen. “Ohh....Nevermind.”

Hyoyeon shifted her sit position next to Taeyeon when she felt that the agent was getting more emotional at the pain. “Let me see your wound.” She said. Taeyeon denied but the stubborn idol held the agent’s hand and pulled her shirt up, revealing fresh blood was soaking the bandage. “Omo!”

“A...Ah...I didn’t know there was a cut.” Taeyeon groaned when Hyoyeon touched her wound. “Can you please call for Jessica?” Hyoyeon obediently went to the living room and brought back a panic Jessica with Miss Hwang trailing beside her.

“You had a cut?!” General Jung turned into a worried agent rather than her mischievously character earlier. Taeyeon shrugged, telling that she didn’t even knew about it. “You have got to be kidding me.” Jessica asked for Miss Hwang’s help and both of them brought Taeyeon to the living room. They placed the agent on the long couch as Jessica walked to the other suite to call for the couple.

“Does it hurt that bad?” Miss Hwang asked. “How hard did the guy kick you?”

“It was a nightmare. I saw it.” Hyoyeon frowned. Taeyeon changed her painful expression into a bright one. She smiled to the idol and gave out thumbs up. “I’m alright! Don’t worry.”

“Taeyeon.” Miss Hwang called in concern. “No agent can lie about their condition. It would make things worse.” She eyed on the bandage. “See? It’s getting worse.”

Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh. “I’m so weak. Why do you even pick me in the first place? I don’t deserve to be an agent.” She frowned just as the idol who was staring at her without being noticed.

The Head Agent smiled. “It wasn’t me. It was Jessica who picked you. She could sense that you would be the most incredible partner she would ever have and do trust me. She has never said that to Yuri, Yoona or Seohyun when she picked them as her teammates.”

“I heard that you complete all your training stages in just for a few hours and that is truly incredible.” Hyoyeon nodded in agreement.

“See? Even your idol supports you!” Miss Hwang said and gave a pat on Hyoyeon’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. This is just the beginning. Yoona had a rough beginning too.”

“Thank you so much for telling the newbie.” Yoona entered the room in coincidence; the other agents followed her from behind too. “Show me the wound.” She said and went crouching in front of Taeyeon. Taeyeon showed her wound. Just a cut, Yoona said but she knew it was a serious cut. “Did the guy used any material after kicking you?”

“I can’t remember.” Taeyeon shook her head in deny.

Hyoyeon observed the gaze Taeyeon gave her and immediately spoke after remembering something. “Uhm...since I saw Taeyeon was hit while I was peeking at the door....” The idol trailed off and thought of something for awhile. She then continued after getting something. “Ah! Yes. The guy threw a chair to Taeyeon. I didn’t have the courage to look the next scene.”

“It’s surprising how you managed to survive since you haven’t had your self- defence training. Agent Erika jjang!” Yuri said, making Miss Hwang looked at her agents in surprised. Noticing the face, Yuri immediately backed off. “Ooops...”

“All four of you haven’t train Taeyeon about self-defence?! You know that’s the most important training for an agent!” Miss Hwang yelled, they cringe at the tone. Frighten all of the sudden. “I can’t believe you! Even you Jessica?”

“Sorry?” Jessica gave out an innocent smile and let Miss Hwang suspired a long sigh. She was in the level of wanting to kill her agents. If they forget one thing, they knew they would be in trouble. “That’s it.” Miss Hwang finally spoke after several minutes of silence. “Yoona, your Food ID please.”

Yoona stood up immediately. “W–What?! Why am I a part of this?!?!” She yelled in disbelief.

“ALL FOUR of you are a part of this!! Taeyeon could have been killed right in front of Ms Hyoyeon!” Miss Hwang said. “No offence Taeyeon and Ms Hyoyeon.” She said as the two only nodded. “Now, please. Yoona, your food ID pass. Yuri, the Monster Jeep’s car key. Seohyun, your library ID pass and Jessica–”

“NOPE. I ain’t giving you any of my favourite things!” Jessica said. Miss Hwang stared at the General Jung who was giving her the icy glare with the background of the three agents giving bitter expressions. The boss sigh a smirk and placed her hand on Jessica’s shoulder. “You’re coming with me to the punishment room right before we head out for the mission.” The agents gasped in shock while eyeing on their General.

“WHAAAAAAAT?!”

 

~*~*~

 

“Come on. It’s time to move out.” Miss Hwang said and handcuffed her old friend so she couldn’t escape. “Yoona, hold Jessica for me.” She ordered and the quiet doe-eyed agent obediently followed her orders. “Come on.” Yuri led out the way after bidding goodbye to the others. Miss Hwang smiled at the remaining two people in the suite. “Rest well. Krystal will come any minute now. Ms Hyoyeon, don’t let Taeyeon do anything alone okay?”

“Yes.” Hyoyeon smiled and gave a bow while hugging on Taeyeon’s arm. Well, she was giving the dork a support balance of course.

“See you tomorrow, Miss Hwang.” Taeyeon said and the three of them parted. Hyoyeon brought her to the living room again, carefully step by step. “Ms Hyoyeon, I’m sorry I’m a burden to you.” Taeyeon suddenly spoke after being placed on the couch.

“Aniyo. Don’t say that. I came here just to return the favour for saving me and the members.” Hyoyeon smiled. “Thank you.”

“Ah...It was nothing.” Taeyeon shyly rubbed her nape and the TV. Her phone suddenly started to play one of SSH’s music, telling someone was calling. Taeyeon quickly fish out her phone from her pocket and answered it. Hyoyeon only smiled when she noticed Taeyeon’s ringtone is actually one of her solo songs. What a fan she is. “YAH! Hayeon ah! I miss you!” Taeyeon suddenly burst out after hearing a loud whining sound coming from the other line. She eyed on the clueless idol and suddenly pulled the caller in hold.

“Ms Hyoyeon shi.” The idol quickly was alerted at her name. She looked up and met with Taeyeon’s smile. “Is it okay if you help me with something?”

“I don’t mind at all. What can I help you with?” Hyoyeon asked politely.

“Would you please say hello to my little sister? She’s a much bigger fan than I am to you and SSH.” Taeyeon said with the best pleading tone she could ever use.

“S–Sure, It’s been awhile since the last time I spoke with a fan.” Hyoyeon said and carefully took Taeyeon’s phone. “Annyeonghaseyo! Kim Hyoyeon-eyo! Bangawoyo.” She greeted with a smile, though, the caller wasn’t there.

“HYO-MG!!!!!!!! KIM HYOYEON UNNIE?!”

“N–Nae.” Hyoyeon nervously let out a giggle.

Taeyeon felt uneasy and immediately asked Hyoyeon to put it on loudspeaker. And so, Hayeon’s screaming continued. “IT’S NICE TO MEET YOU TOO, UNNIE! I’M KIM HAYEON!!! WAAAH! I’M A BIG FAN OF YOU!! HELLO!!! IT’S NICE TO MEET YOU!! I’M KIM HAYEON!! GAHH!!”

“Idiot! Take it easy!” Taeyeon yelled.

“UNNIE! HOW DID YOU GET SO CLOSE WITH HYOYEON UNNIE?! HYO-MG!!!”

“Were you deaf earlier? I’ve told you that I’m now an agent and was hired to be Ms Hyoyeon’s bodyguard!”

“YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THE DAY YOU LEFT SO I COULD COME WITH YOU!!! OMFG HELLO HYOYEON UNNIE I AM KIM HAYEON!!”

“YAH! She gets your name already, alright?!” Taeyeon stressfully massaged her temples. “I’m going to hang up now. I have fulfilled your wish, so you should go to sleep now! And make sure to check your homework before you do!”

“BLA BLA BLA. I get you unnie. Thanks unnie!! You’re the best! Bye Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter