The Calm Before The Storm

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

School Clinic

 

Luhan held the crying boy in his arms whilst Sehun cried, feeling tired and weak with every ounce of his body feeling the exact same way. Luhan felt like he needed to do something and he needed to do it soon, he couldn't let Sehun live on like this, he wouldn't.

“Sehun-ah, shhh…. Don’t cry. Everything will be fine. No one is here to hurt you.” Luhan cooed while wiping away the continuous waterfall of tears.

Well, not here YET anyway…

Suddenly Nurse Hyori knocked on the door. “Luhan, Sehun’s father is here. He’s here to pick him up.”

Sehun froze, he stayed quite. Not making a single sound, he feared if he did, his father would know his location and snatch him up.

Luhan however sensed the other boy’s distress and quickly thought of a plan. He looked Sehun deeply in the eyes with conviction.

“Sehun-ah, wait here, I will handle everything. Don’t worry.” Luhan instructed.

 Sehun only nodded, he was too filled with anxiety at the moment.

Luhan then wrapped his arms around the whimpering boy, hugging him tightly. He then quickly composed himself as he was about to face the monster.

 

-----

School Clinic - 3:00 PM

 

Luhan began hyping himself up; He needed to think of a plan and quick. He couldn’t just let Sehun go back home with that monster.

He walked nearer and nearer to the lounge area in the clinic until he saw a tall, well-built man with brown hair and hazel eyes. He didn’t fit the stereotypical ‘I beat my son’ appearance but Luhan knew better. “Don’t judge a Book by its cover” he thought.

“Oh Finally Luhan! This is Sehun’s father Mr. Oh” Nurse Hyori informed as she pulled Luhan nearer to them.

“Hello Mr. Oh, I’m Mr. Lu, one of the teachers here at the school.” Luhan greeted sternly but not disrespectfully. Luhan had manners.

The man smiled a toothy grin. “Hello Mr. Lu, Thanks again for taking care of Sehun. Is he doing okay? Can I bring him home?” Luhan had to give it to the man, he was a good actor.

“About that…” Luhan slowly replied. “Nurse Hyori, can I have a word with you?”

“Ugh… sure.” Hyori replied slowly as well.

“We’ll just be one sec, I just have to discuss something important with her. Would you like some coffee as you wait?” Luhan smirked.

The man smiled. “No thank you, I’ll just wait.” “Damn, if this was a K-drama, I could’ve poisoned his coffee.” Luhan thought evilly.

 

-----

 

“Luhan… I don’t want to sound rude or anything but. What are we doing here inside a broom closet?” Hyori was impatient; it’s been a good two and a half minutes.

“Hyori, Listen. You just have to trust me on whatever I say okay. I can’t tell you yet, just go along with whatever I say. Promise me okay?” Luhan pleaded.

“With what Luhan? Promise you what?” She pestered.

“I can’t tell you.” Luhan continued to plead. “Hyori, just, whatever I say to Mr. Oh just agree with me? Okay? Just please! I Promise to tell you soon, I just need you right now!” It was now Luhan’s turn to grow impatient.

‘Okay, okay, okay. Fine! But you owe me big time.” Hyori finally agreed.

“Thank you!!!” He exasperated, he gave her a quick hug and hastily pulled her out of the closet and back to the lounge area.

Luhan had a plan, it wasn’t a fantastic one, but it just might work.

Hyori on the other hand…

Has still not fully grasped the situation.

Luhan had just walked back in, dragging Hyori by her arm, when Mr. Oh started getting impatient. “Can I bring Sehun home yet?” the man asked.

“Gosh… No one knows how to wait in this place…” Luhan thought.

“Actually, it would be best if you picked up Sehun later.” Luhan finally replied; Hyori however couldn’t hide her disgruntled expression.

Luhan nudged Hyori, trying to get her to say something. “Oh yeah that’s right! Ugh… you see, Sehun is drugged with a lot of medication so… He can’t leave until he’s mentally stable.”

If Luhan could slap his face at the moment, he would. He looked back at Hyori with a gigantic fake smile plastered across his face. As if he was trying to convey a message. “Schools are not authorized to be handing out medication!” he mentally screamed.

He looked back at Mr. Oh and prayed to God that the man would buy Hyori’s stupid excuse.

“I see…” Was all he said “well, nothing I can do. I’ll just pick him up tomorrow. I have a business meeting and I don’t want to be late.”                                                                                                           

“You can actually pick him up later…” Hyori interrupted.

“Why bother, he might just be drowsy and drugged and I don’t have time for that.” The man replied with a snarky tone.

Luhan was just waiting; he knew the man would show his true colors eventually. However, it still hurt to know that Sehun had to suffer that abuse every day.

“No problem” Luhan interjected. “He’ll be up and running by tomorrow!”

Mr. Oh only nodded in response. He waved to them a last farewell before leaving.

“Okay, that was weird.” Hyori remarked.

“Phase 1 ‘get Sehun’s dad to leave’ is a success. Now time for phase 2!” He needed to act quickly.

“Luhan... are you—” Hyori was interrupted.              

“Bye Hyori! Sorry but I gotta go! Taking Sehun with me! Don’t worry, I’ll bring him back.” Luhan replied while rushing to gather his things and a certain blonde haired boy.

Without putting a word in, Luhan disappeared inside Sehun’s room. Leaving a certain nurse… annoyed. “aish… I’m too old for this stupidity.” She thought while shaking her head.

Luhan barged the door open, startling Sehun in the process.

Luhan noticed this and quickly ran to Sehun’s side. “Sorry about that, your dads gone. He won’t be back until tomorrow and I think he’s not at your house either.”

“Oh-okay...” Sehun responded softly.

“Phase 2 of the plan starts now.”

“What’s phase 2?” Sehun asked cautiously.

“We go back to your house and get all your belongings, all of them.” Luhan responded.

Right when Sehun opened his mouth to ask another question Luhan beat him to it.

Luhan made sure his voice was calm and soothing before he spoke. “Sehun-ah, trust me okay? I know this is hard, I know you have gone through a lot. Please, I want to help you, I know you’ve only known me for less than three days but I can’t let you live like this.”

Sehun waited a couple of seconds before responding.

“Mr. Lu?”

“Yes Sehun-ah?” Luhan replied while holding the other mans wrists.

Sehun hands began to shake uncontrollably, he was starting to tremble.

He finally locked eyes with his teacher, tears silently streaming down his face.

“I’m scared.” He finally replied in a quite whisper.

Luhan embraced Sehun in a loving warmth. “I’m here. Don’t be scared…”

“I’ll protect you.”

Luhan finally knew why he’s grown attached to Sehun in such a short amount of time.

Sehun reminded him of himself.

 

 


Please help by clicking this! Thank you ^^ and Don't Forget to Subscribe and Comment! :)

[A/N] ugh.... I know this chap is awful sorry. I just needed to speed things up a bit. DONT WORRY next chap will be better!! Thank you!!!