The Misfortune

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

Hunhan’s Apartment

 

15 Days Before Christmas
6:40 PM  

 

“KRIS!”

“What the hell?” Kris said to himself when he heard someone yelling from upstairs before the loud stomps of Jonghyun sprinting down the stairs half-.

“KRIS! Call an ambulance! Sehun’s unconscious!” He yelled before everybody in the room’s eyes’ widened in horror.

“WHAT?!” Luhan screamed as he jumped off the couch before running to the room where Sehun’s unconscious body laid.

Kris was going to follow suit until Tao caught him by the arm. “I’ll go up and help; you stay here and call the paramedics.” He said before they nodded in agreement. Tao making his way to the guest bedroom whilst Kris began dialing the emergency hotline whilst Jonghyun stood -faced in the middle of the room with nothing else on but his boxers.

“What happened?” Kris asked whilst the phone started ringing.

“I-I don’t know… Kibum was just playing around with him and before we knew it, his eyes rolled back and he dropped to the floor head first! Kibum is trying to wake him up and he told me to call for help.” He explained as they both remained quiet until someone from the other end of the blonde’s line picked up.

 

---

 

“What the hell happened?!”

“I… I don’t know… he just ing dropped!”

“What the did you do to him?!”

“I didn’t do anything!”

“THEN WHAT?!”

“Luhan try to calm down...”

“Tao, How the can you tell me to calm down when Sehun is out cold on the floor!”

“An ambulance is on its way.”

“Sehun-ah… S-Sehun-ah…”

 

Luhan was pacing back and forth outside his boyfriend’s hospital room. He was scared for the younger and was beginning to turn into a nervous wreck. They rushed the younger inside without being able to say what he should’ve been able to say. What if this was the last time he’d see the younger? He wasn’t even able to properly say goodbye.

Suddenly the doctor came out of the room before looking at Luhan who in return looked at him back with hope and fear in his eyes.

“Are you related to the patient?” He asked before Luhan opened his mouth to speak until nothing came out. What was the proper response to that?

“Ugh… no but we’re very close.” Luhan said before the doctor sadly smiled.

“I’m sorry but only family are allowed to see him.” He said as the elder felt his legs wobble with every passing second that he was further apart from the pink haired boy.

“I need to see him.” He tried to reason but the old man persisted as he apologized once again. Mentioning once more that no one but family were allowed inside the patient’s rooms while they were in the recovery stage.

“I’m sorry but ruled are rules.”

“Let me see him!” Luhan yelled until Tao and Kris came running from behind; trying to calm down their friend while pulling him away from the doctor who was this close to calling security.

“He’s the legal guardian.” Kris said as he handed the doctor official documents stating that Xi Luhan was solely in charge of the younger’s well-being.

The doctor nodded as he handed Kris back the folder. “Sorry for the confusion. You may see him but only two people at a time please.”

“How is he?” Kris asked.

“He’s doing fine now but his eye reflexes aren’t responding as well as I hoped. An Ophthalmologist will come by later today to diagnose the situation but if worst comes to worst then we might have to do a minor surgery on his pupils.” He said as they all became terrified with the news.

“Is that really necessary?” Kris asked; Kris being the calmest since he was more of the father figure between the three adults.

The doctor nodded. “Unfortunately it is, if it continues on like this and we don’t do anything about it. The risks include infections, major headaches, and even permanent blindness.”

Luhan’s lips trembled as he dropped to the ground on his knees while sobbing into his palms. Tao kneeled beside him as he wrapped his arm around the elder while rubbing soothing circles on his back.

“Luhan everything is going to be fine, right doc?” Tao reassured before eyeing the doctor who smiled in return.

“Everything will be fine; it’s just a small surgery that only takes a day to recover. He’ll be out of here before you know it.” He elaborated, Luhan wiping his nose with his sleeve before nodding.

“What do you think could’ve caused this?” Kris asked before he saw the doctor holding out a clipboard that probably listed all of Sehun’s medical records.

“It could either be a result of long-term damage from something constantly hitting or irritating his cornea or simply stress.” He replied as they understood completely. Sehun has gotten more than his fair share of punches thrown at him and not to mention the immense stress that comes along with it.

“Now, about the paper work and Oh Sehun’s insurance policy…” The doctor trailed off whilst Luhan got up with Tao’s arm still firmly wrapped around his waist.

“Tao, take Luhan inside while I discuss the paper work.” Kris said as his lover nodded, holding on to the crying boy as he leaded them inside the room where they found Sehun standing up with a forlorn expression.

“H-Hey Sehun-ah…” Luhan whimpered as he sat on the end of the bed. Still sniffling as he rubbed his hand over the younger’s leg covered by the blanket.

“Hey Sehun-ah, how are you feeling?” Tao said next as he stood in between them beside the bed. Sehun on the verge of pulling out his hair since here he was once again in a white hospital room for no reasons other than there was yet another thing wrong with him.

He sighed as he leaned against the bed whilst staring at the ceiling. “Doctors, Therapists and now they’re telling me I might need surgery since my eyes are ed up…” He said as Luhan widened his eyes from the younger’s first time cussing in front of him.

“Sehun-ah don’t worry I’m sure you’ll be—” Luhan cut off when Sehun gritted his teeth.

“—I’ll be what Hyung? I’ll still be ed up since I need to go to therapy because obviously whether it’s in or out, there’s always something wrong with me.” He said whilst his eyes brimmed with tears.

“I’ll just check how Kris is doing.” Tao said before excusing himself and leaving the room as to give the couple of little privacy.

“Sehun-ah… you’re nothing less than perfect to me. You’re imperfections are beautiful and I don’t think I could ever feel this way about another human being unless that person’s name was Oh Sehun. ” Luhan affirmed as he scooted closer to the younger.

“I know…” Sehun exhaled; He locked fingers with the elder before he connected their lips together, surprising the Chinese male a bit until he gave in and was melting into those sweet tasty lips.

Sehun bit on the other boy’s bottom lip, once again surprising the elder, before poking his tongue out asking permission to enter. Luhan parted his lips before exploring the younger’s warm wet with his slick muscle. They locked tongues, melting into the once innocent kiss that was now turning into a hot make out session between the two men.

They parted due to the lack of air as they panted heavily while their faces becoming beet red.

“T-That… was… hot…” Luhan said aloud. Sehun still blushing but he couldn’t agree more. The so-called “kiss” was the farthest they’ve ever gone with one another and he had to admit… he liked it.

Knock. Knock.

“C-Come in” Sehun said as they both turned around and noticed a woman sporting a white coat walking through the door. She had plump cheeks, long brown hair tied in a ponytail, a good amount of eyeliner, and a clipboard held loosely against her chest that was ugh… ahem… pretty big if you asked Sehun himself though it wasn’t like he was staring at them. Luhan however was wondering where she got her hair color done.

“Good evening boys, I’m Dr. Park and I’m the Ophthalmologist scheduled to administer an eye exam for ugh...” She said before looking down at her clipboard then back up “Po Sehun!” She exclaimed.

Sehun slightly alarmed from hearing his name be butchered by the woman but he chose to ignore it.  

Dr. Park raised her brow when she noticed the two men had flushed faces and swollen lips matched with unsteady breathing. Any other person might have overlooked these observations but Dr. Park was an expert in precision.

“Feel free not to answer but are you guys a couple?” She asked as both men immediately heard a siren go off in their heads.

“H-How did you know?” Sehun asked before Luhan began gaping at him. Did Sehun just speak up for himself? Did he just admit our relationship to a total stranger? Who are you and what have you done to my Sehun?!

Dr. Park began giggling as she pointed to their entangled hands that were still locked together in a tight embrace. They immediately detached from one another before rubbing the back of their necks in embarrassment.

“Oh right…” Sehun mumbled before Dr. Park shook her head.

“Don’t worry boys, I won’t tell a single soul. I’m pretty nosy if you haven’t noticed by now.” She said as both men chuckled at the eccentric female doctor.

Sehun thanked the heavens that she was an Ophthalmologist and not his Surgeon. He proffered someone more ‘old’ and ‘boring’ to cut him open.

“Would you like to start?” She asked before he nodded; Luhan back to holding his hand reassuringly as he sat by his side.

Fifteen minutes later and she was pretty done with the entire exam. Sehun had been scanned and questioned for a good while now and they were just waiting eagerly for the results like high school students waiting for their midterm grades.

“So Sehun…” She started as they leaned closer.

“…Yeah?”

“Spit it out doc!” Luhan said. He couldn’t take the suspense any longer.

Dr. Park sighed before she handed Sehun a thoroughly written report of the results. “I’m sorry Sehun but you’ll have to get the surgery if you want to avoid any permanent damage to your eyesight.” She said before turning on her heel and excusing herself so she could talk to the doctor in charge.

“I’m Sorry Sehun-ah.” Luhan said, feeling sad as he leaned his head against the younger’s shoulders; Sehun sighing for the nth time whilst enjoying the scent of the elder’s messy locks.

At least there was an upside to this horrible day.

 

---

 

“Hey Stranger” Tao smiled as he s his arms around his blonde dragon.

Kris widened his eyes before scanning the perimeter to see if anyone was watching them.

“Relax Kris, no one is here… let’s just stay like this for a while.” Tao said whilst resting his chin on the elder’s shoulder.

Kris was in the middle of a cigarette when the younger disturbed him though he didn’t mind. He had stepped outside into the balcony for a break from the entire medical lingo these hospital geezers were talking about and he didn’t understand a single thing.

The only thing he did understand was that Sehun did not have insurance which left him with a substantial medical bill.

But though he might sound like he was burdened by it, he wanted to do it. He knew Luhan and Sehun barely had any savings stashed away and he understood why. He was just grateful that it wasn’t anything worse.

“Tao?” Kris interrupted through the silence.

“Yeah?” Tao replied still gazing into the city lights as they entangled their fingers together.

“I think I’m ready.” Kris said for the first time out loud though the younger didn’t quite fully grasp what he was trying to tell him.

“That’s great Kris but… ready for what?” Tao asked in return.  

“I think I’m ready to come out to my parents.”

 

 


[a/n] Please help by clicking this! Thank you ^^ and Don't Forget to Subscribe and Comment!

So here I am with a new chap! This was supposed to be updated yesterday night but I was too tired to proofread sowy. :P So the headaches Sehun was experiencing in the last chap had something to do with this chap. It was like vertigo or something lol all I know it Sehun needs eye surgery which isn't that bad but that's not the only drama coming in.

In other news, SHINee is coming back and you Shawols are getting poorer and poorer this year. 2 albums plus re-release plus Japanese album and now this. But EXO was kind of the same way with 4 albums to buy (K+M versions) but I want an F(x) re-release! Best Kpop album of the year in my opinion. Okay that's all for now, buh bye and holla at you in the next chap mah peeps! *mwah!