The News

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

Seoul National Hospital - 6:00 PM

 

Chen loved being a nurse; He loved almost everything about it. Helping patients and their families, getting to learn something new every day, his favorite part was that he got to witness some of the stupid things people do, and he can’t help but wonder sometimes how people can be so stupid. Needless to say his job is never boring.

His parents pushed him hard to be Surgeon; Chen never wanted to be a doctor, he didn’t like the idea of having a huge amount of debt, not to mention the long study hours. He didn’t want the stress or the difficulty that came with that profession nor did he want to be responsible for someone else’s life other than his own.

When Chen told his parents that he was offered a free scholarship to Yonsei University College for Nursing, one of the best nursing schools in Korea, they were not supportive at all. They told him to reject the scholarship and apply for medical school.

He couldn’t believe his parents, who got on his back every single day of his life to study hard and get good grades, practically told him to turn down a free scholarship to one of the best universities in the country.

He was fuming with anger that day and left for good. But not before telling them that he was going to be a Nurse and that he was gay.

Chen sighed as he walked down the halls of the hospital, looking back on that fateful day. He didn’t regret anything one bit, he loved his life, and he loved everything about it. Most importantly, he was happy.

He was currently holding a tray of prescription pills and a bottle of water. He was instructed to deliver these goods to a patient in Room 365 who sustained a minor head injury.

“Room 365” Chen said, lightly knocking on the door. “Hello? It’s the nurse, may I come in?”

“Okay…” The voice behind the door replied softly.

Chen eyes widened a bit in surprise as he closed the door behind him. “Sehun?” He saw the blonde boy sitting down rather stoically on the couch with a band aid wrapped around his forehead.

“Hello Chen-shi” Sehun greeted politely before awkwardly playing with his thumbs.

“CHEN!”

Chen turned around and was met with no other than the usual hyper 22-year old man by the name of Luhan and a rather tall tan skinned boy beside him who didn’t look anything older than 18.

“Luhan, may I ask why you guys are here for the second time this month?” Chen asked.

Sehun kind of tensed up a bit before opening his mouth to say something. “I kind of… bumped my head against the...”  

Chen snickered, ever since he saw Sehun a couple of weeks ago, he thought the boy was adorable. “Against the? I kind of need something more than that. I have to file a medical report.”

Luhan stepped in, sitting on the couch next to Sehun, rubbing circles around the blonde boy’s back trying to comfort him. “It’s okay Sehun, I’ll tell him.”

Sehun nodded in reply. He was kind of embarrassed about the whole situation.

Luhan smiled, giving Sehun a reassuring peck on the cheek. “Don’t be embarrassed Sehun-ah, It could’ve happened to any one of us.”

Kai, who was now sitting on the couch as well, nodded in agreement. He was just happy Sehun was safe.

A rosy tint spread across Sehun’s cheeks. He felt a certain amount of shame for feeling this way, but he couldn’t help it. If his hyung wanted to kiss him on the cheek, who was he to stop him?

“Well?” Chen pushed; he was starting to get impatient.  

Luhan exhaled. “Sehun ran to the middle of the road and almost got hit by a car, I ran up to him and grabbed him by the arm and pulled him aside, thankfully the car stopped so nothing disastrous happened. Yay for us!”

“Shut up Luhan, continue the story.” Chen said, making Luhan pout.

“He’s so cute when he pouts…” Sehun smiled to himself.

“Anyway… long story short. Sehun legs felt like jelly, you now, from the shock of almost getting hit by a car.” Luhan explained, making Chen want to punch himself in the face.

“And?” Chen pushed.

“And… he ran into a pole.” Luhan finished before sinking himself deeper in the leather couch.

Chen bit the inside of his cheek, he wanted to laugh, but he didn’t. That would have been mean, not to mention a guaranteed slap in the face from Luhan.

 He felt bad for Sehun though; the poor boy looked like he’d been through a lot lately.

“Okay” Chen replied sternly.

“Okay? That’s it?” Luhan replied, he was astonished, usually his friend would have said something snarky or at least laughed in his face.

“That’s it.” Chen replied, as he walked over to the blonde boy. His slender fingers pressing against Sehun’s forehead, inspecting the blonde boy’s wounds.

He handed Sehun the pills the doctor prescribed him to take daily. “Twice every day, one after breakfast, and the other one after dinner. Got it?”

Sehun nodded shyly. “G-Got it.”

Chen was about to turn around and leave before Luhan grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him outside the room.  

Chen was confused “Yes Lulu?”

“I was wondering if we could set up some therapy sessions for Sehun. I think he really needs to talk to someone.” Luhan replied.

Chen nodded in understanding “I think we can arrange that. I’ll call you later and see what we can do.”

Luhan smiled, he gave Chen a grateful hug before waving goodbye.

He was just about to open the door when Kai swung it open from the other side, the door inches away from smacking him straight in the face.

“Oh … I’m sorry hyung.” Kai muttered shyly.

“It’s fine. Are you leaving?” Luhan asked, he kind of wanted to know more about the boy who made Sehun smile so much the past two days.

“Yeah… My brother might be worried…” Kai replied.

“You have a brother?” Sehun asked from the back of the room.

Kai turned around and locked eyes with the blonde boy. “Yeah, I have a step-brother. His name is Tao; his parents took me in a couple of years ago.”

Sehun’s smile faltered “What do you mean?”

Kai sighed “I ran away from home a year after I left. I was being abused a lot at home and Tao’s parents found me one day and before I knew it, they adopted me.”

Sehun slowly nodded, he didn’t realize how much Kai suffered as well. “How about your mom?”

Kai smiled a sad smile. “She never said anything to the police about my dad abusing me so she lost custody. I have a new family now, and they don’t care if I’m gay, they accept me for who I am. My step-brother Tao is also gay, but he’s a little more flamboyant for my taste.” He laughed.

“So… are you Sehun’s ex-boyfriend?” Luhan asked out of the blue.

Kai bit his bottom lip; he looked at Sehun, trying to mentally ask the boy if it was okay to tell Luhan about their past relationship.

“Yes, Sehun and I used to date.” Kai replied sternly.

Sehun was braving himself for the worst. This was it; this was the moment Lu—

“THAT’S SO CUTE!” Luhan yelled before crushing Sehun in a tight embrace. Disrupting the blonde boy from his depressing thoughts.

“Wait. You don’t care?” Sehun asked in disbelief.

Luhan cupped Sehun’s face, their lips inches away from each other. Both staring at each other’s eyes, Sehun trying his best not to think about how appetizing Luhan’s lips looked at the moment.

“Of course I don’t care! Why would you think that?!” Luhan grinned, he was so happy; Sehun was finally beginning to trust him.

Tears began to fall down Sehun’s face; his mouth began to twitch while hands began to tremble. He hid his face in the crook of Luhan’s neck.

Luhan smiled, he wrapped his arms around Sehun and let the other boy cry out all his bottled up emotions.  

Kai was about to slowly let himself out of the room before Luhan’s phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” Luhan answered.

Kai and Sehun both looked at Luhan with curiosity.

“What?! How?! Why?! Are you sure?!” Luhan yelled, his eyes mimicking the size of dinner plates.

Kai and Sehun exchanged concerned glances with one another.  

“Fine, I’ll meet you later. Yeah… by 10. Bye.” Luhan said, putting his phone back in his pocket.

“Hy-yung… a-are you o-okay?” Sehun sniffled. Luhan’s right arm still wrapped around his lower back.

“Yeah, it’s just… that was Kris. He said my parents are here.” Luhan replied, his expression depicting the opposite of excitement.

“Is that bad?” Kai asked, he knew Sehun wasn’t going to ask anything in his emotional state.

Luhan sighed before nodding. “They want to take me back to China…”

 

 


Please help by clicking this! Thank you ^^ and Don't Forget to Subscribe and Comment! :)

[A/N] LET THE FUN BEGIN! I don't know why I love ending each chapter with a cliffy. hmm... I think I just like making people suffer. KIDDING. >:D

This chapter was intially suppose to be more depressing, much more depressing. 400 hundred words in and I HATED IT. So I started all over and came up with this . Hope you like it. :P

I would like to say Thank you to my 139 subbies though a handful of people actually unsubscribed but that's okay. :) Thanks to those who still read my crap.

A lot of you were shocked about my gender, 99% percent of the comments from the last chap were about my gender.

Let me explain Chapter 18 a little bit, it was a BONUS CHAP. Meaning, it MIGHT be or real or it MIGHT NOT be real. I will just let you guys decide.

So everytime I write a BONUS CHAP. It may or may not be related or relevant to the plotline of the story. :)

I might not be able to update til Sunday July 7 because I'm going to a resort in the province that has NO WIFI -_- CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! But that's the province for yah. ;) I hope you guys understand, but If I find a cafe or something I will try to update from my phone.

Btw, I finished my first oneshot if you would PRETTY PLEASE its KRISLAY, Check it out: "Dancing, Like We're Made of Starlight"

Though Tao and Sehun are like my biases in EXO. In real life I would date someone like Kris or Chen, I would fit perfectly in their arms :3 

AND Pitch Perfect is like my favorite movie ever. If you read all of this you deserve a medal. Thank u ^^

Gorgeous Jongdae <3

Beautiful Taoris <3