The Togetherness

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

Baekhyun's Studio Apartment

 

15 Days Before Christmas
4:10 PM  

 

“Tok-Tok-Tok-Tok-Tok…”

“Ugh…” Baekhyun moaned as he buried his face deeper in his pillow; still half asleep and still very much tired since he got home late last night from his living nightmare you call a job.

“Tok-Tok-Tok-Tok-Tok…”

“Ugh… son of a ” He whined as he pulled the blankets over him to try to drown out the noise.

“Tok-Tok-Tok-Tok-Tok…”

“Who the is that?!” He angrily threw the blankets on the floor as he became momentarily possessed; the infinite array of curse words leaving his mouth as he stomped his way to the front door of his apartment with a dark cloud hovering above his head.

“Tok-Tok-Tok-Tok-Tok…”

“Hold on you cow!” Baekhyun yelled as he began to unlock his door.

“What do you wa—” Baekhyun taken aback when suddenly a pair of muscular arms wrapped themselves around his waist, cutting off his circulation as the lankier found himself in yet another compromising position.

“Baekhyun-ah I missed you so much…” The man muttered as he held the younger close to his chest.

“It hasn’t been that long Pabo.”

“I know but I still missed you.”

“Yah! Tao get off me!” Baekhyun yelled as he pushed the younger away, dusting the imaginary dusts off his clothes as he eyed the now cackling Chinese male.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Baekhyun fumed as the younger instantly became quite, though his face was laced with evil. Pure, seemingly innocent panda evil that could only be described as the anti-Christ’s of the panda world.

“I came to pick you up dummy.” Tao smiled.

“Pick me up? For what?!” Baekhyun gaped.

“I’m having a party tonight and I wanted to invite you.” Tao fluttered his eyelids before Baekhyun started to feel a sense of calmness taking over him… see, it’s the panda cult calling him over to the dark side.

“Wait… let me get this straight, you wanted to invite me to a party you’re throwing?”

Tao nodded in response.

Baekhyun sighed before he glared at the younger for disturbing his beauty sleep when all the taller had to do was send him a text, not wake up the entire apartment building with his excessive door banging.

“Why didn’t you just call me?” He asked in utter annoyance.

“Because I wanted to pick you up so we could go together!” Tao replied as pulled the elder to the couch where he could properly rest his feet on the coffee table.

Baekhyun sighed for the nth time before he sat his hiney beside the younger.

“Tao, usually, if you wanted to do the kind act of picking me up for your party tonight, you’d probably want to tell me about it first. You know, so I could take a shower, get dressed, properly apply my eyeliner, and other stuff I generally need to do to get ready for a said party.” He explained as Tao stared blankly at him as if there were crickets chirping in the background.

“I need to get my together.”

“Ahh...” Tao ahhe'd before he formed a letter ‘o’ with his mouth. “Okay, I fully understand.”

“Great ugh, so um… thanks for coming over and I’ll show you where the door is—”

“-I’ll just wait here.” Tao replied as he leaned back in the couch and closed his eyes.

“…what?”

“You go and get dressed and do everything you need to do to make that face look the way it’s supposed to look. And I’ll wait here ‘til you're finished so we can go to the party together.”

“…w-what? You can’t be serious… I mean, I would love to go but… but…”

“NO BUTS BYUN BAEKHYUN –unless you want to go a couple of rounds but I’d have to ask Kris’ permission first GET YO IN THE BATHROOM AND GET TO WORK! That face isn’t going to attract anybody looking like that.”

Baekhyun glared daggers at the younger before he finally agreed to going to the party. He marched to his bedroom before he locked himself inside as he began his usual routine.

"Especially Park Chanyeol."

 

---

 

“Tao, where are we going? This isn’t the way to your apartment.” Baekhyun said as he stared mindlessly at the passing view of his window.

“That’s because we aren’t going to my apartment, we’re going to Kris and his roommate’s apartment. The party’s at their place.” Tao replied with an evident grin plastered across his face.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. “Oh, okay but what’s his name?”

“Who’s name?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes “Kris’ roommate’s name. You’re taking me to his place but I don’t even know his name.”

Tao mentally panicked before he decided to use the first name that popped up in his head. “Yeolchan”

“Yeolchan?” Baekhyun clarified with a suspicious tone.

Tao quickly nodded “Yup, his name is Krap Yeolchan.” He said a little too quickly before he realized the gigantic error of what slipped out of his mouth. Both of them beginning to laugh for different reasons, Baekhyun because the man who was supposedly Kris’ roommate had a surname that reminded him of… well… for lack of a better word, it reminded him of . Tao on the other hand was awkwardly laughing along because now he had the burden of having to explain to Chanyeol why his name was suddenly turned into feces.

 

---

 

“Ring-Ding-Dong"

“Nice doorbell” Baekhyun commented as they both waited patiently outside the party’s apartment door.

The door opened not a second later as they were greeted by a tall blonde who was all smiles when he saw who was standing beside Tao. Kris had taken a liking to Baekhyun ever since they’ve met, inviting the smaller to dinners and movie dates with him and Tao and he genuinely enjoyed being around the shorter boy.

That’s why he so adamant of Baekhyun coming to his and Chanyeol’s Christmas party. He wanted his single roommate to meet his as single friend. They both had a lot of things in common and he wanted to go on double dates and talk about couple’s stuff that no one really cares about because it’s boring as fu—

“—Baekhyun!” Kris yelled before he pulled the shorter into a hug.

“Hey K-Kris…” Baekhyun mumbled into the other’s shoulder. Why was everyone hugging him like they haven’t seen him in years today?

“I want you to meet my roommate Cha—

“—Yeolchan.” Tao interrupted as he stood behind Baekhyun whilst forming a letter ‘X’ with his arms. Shaking his head profusely as he mouthed the words “Shut up -face”.

Kris froze momentarily as heard footsteps from the back coming closer and closer. “Oh Baek, here comes my roommate now.”

Tao looked above him and closed his eyes. “Please don’t let this be a disaster, Please don’t let this be a disaster, Please don’t let this be a disaster…”

“Krease! Where did you keep the—B-BAEK?!?!” Chanyeol shrieked as he dropped the crystal Christmas ornament on the floor, the glass shattering into a million tony pieces as the taller gawked at the as shocked smaller boy standing across him.

“I probably deserved that.” Tao remarked as he frowned at the broken pieces scattered on the floor.

“…” Baekhyun suddenly felt the air escape his lungs, not a single word was coming out of his mouth. He stood frozen in place as he stared at the once love of his life. Meeting Chanyeol again was something Baekhyun had rehearsed in his mind countless of times, He had practically memorized his speech verbatim to the point where he was just waiting for the day that he’d actually meet the younger. He could feel the emptiness in his stomach, he could feel the wetness creeping up on him in the back of his eyes, he could feel his mouth starting to tremble and he wanted out. He hasn’t seen the other boy in months and he was perfectly fine with the idea of not having to see him ever again for the rest his life.

Only that was a lie, he was blatantly lying to himself to make him forget. He wanted to forget, he just wanted to live his life by himself, alone, and with no one blaming him for something he had no control over.

He hated playing the bad guy when in reality, he was the victim. He wanted to be done with the world and their endless disgust of him. He just wanted to get out.

“I-I need to go.” Baekhyun finally muttered as he the ball of his foot and ran as fast as he could to the elevators.

“Baek wait.” Chanyeol tried to call but the elder was already at the door, but that didn’t stop him.

Baekhyun pushed the door wide open before he pressed the elevator button repeatedly until the doors finally parted open. He quickly stepped inside and pressed the close button only Chanyeol has managed to make it before it did and side jumped inside before the doors finally shut.

“Get out!” Baekhyun whaled as he tried to press the open button but nothing was happening. In fact, none of the buttons were working. He tried pressing every single button from levels 1 to 12 and not a single one was lighting up.

“Baek wait, we need to talk.” Chanyeol replied before the elevator turned completely black, the light going out as they came to a realization that they were stuck.

“Son of a !” Baekhyun growled as he kicked the side of the wall with his foot.

“Ugh… Baek, I don’t think that’s a good idea—”

“Shut up Chanyeol! Just shut up and stop talking to me!” Baekhyun yelled at the younger, his voice noticeably cracking as the invisible tears strained down his face due to the pitch blackness surrounding them.

“I need to shut up?!” Chanyeol yelled back with as much force. “Are you telling me that you’re mad at me?! What the hell Baek! If anyone should be mad here, it should damn well be me!"

-SMACK!

….

“B-Baek…” Chanyeol said as he widened his eyes in shock. His voice shaking as he held his palm to the now aching part of his right cheek.

Baekhyun had lost it.

 

“You have no right to talk to me that way! You were the one who left! You were the one who didn’t give me the benefit of the doubt! You were the one who was too afraid to deal with anything serious! You were the one who didn’t tell me that my brother would be visiting me on my birthday! You were the one who invited my brother in the first place! You were the one who didn’t tell my brother not to bring a client! You were the one who didn’t realize that my screams weren’t coming from anyone I love but from someone who forced himself on me! You were the one who didn’t even consider the sad reality that the one person you were supposed to LOVE unconditionally was being violated in our own bed! You were the one that LEFT!” Baekhyun said in between choked sobs before he felt his knees grow weak as he leaned his body against the wall.

Silence soon enveloped the minimal space after Baekhyun's outburst but quickly faded when sniffling could be heard from where Chanyeol was standing.

He motioned his way through the darkness before he found the elder and wrapped his arms around the lithe waist he’s missed so much all these months.

“I’m s-sorry…” Chanyeol apologized, his voice cracking as he buried his face in the elder’s shoulder and began to cry. “I-I’m… s-so sorry…”

Baekhyun felt his lips quiver before he began to reciprocate as he entangled his arms with the younger’s. “I’m sorry too.”

 

---

 

“Tao… what did you do?” Kris asked the younger as he came sashaying back inside the apartment with a satisfied grin plastered across his face.

Kris was staring endlessly at the invisible footprints Baekhyun and Chanyeol left when they scurried out of their apartment in a clouded shame.

Tao smiled with his tongue poking out on the side like a little child. “Nothing… I didn’t do anything. I guess Baekhyun and Chanyeol used to date… oops.”

Kris gaped “Wait… so our Baekhyun is Chanyeol’s Baekhyun? AND YOU KNEW?!”

Tao nodded “Yup.”

Kris hung with mouth wide open. “Do you know how dangerous that is? You’re tampering with people’s personal lives.”

“Yup”

“Tao, I’m being serious here! What if they’re killing each other as we speak?”

The younger scoffed. “I seriously doubt that.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Look, I cut of the electricity in the elevator and their practically stuck there, just the two of them. And I peaked on them through the air vents and they’re hugging each other at this very moment so I think everything is a-okay. Can we drink some eggnog now? I need a drink, matchmaking is hard.”

Kris wanted to press the issue further but he’s been with Tao for almost two months, he should probably be used to his lover’s unusual antics by now.

“Fine.”

 

 


[a/n] Please help by clicking this! Thank you ^^ and Don't Forget to Subscribe and Comment! :)

Hi everyone I'm back! And it feels good to write this again! Oh and this will be the last installment of the 'Couples' series. The next chap and the chaps after will focus on Hunhan drama. Yay!!!! (?) And thank you to everyone who up voted! Thank you so much!

Important: My lovely readers, could you please support my contest entry entitled "1-4-3 Mangaka". It is Sehun centered and it is a SeKaiLu story. He's in love with Luhan and Kai but he falls rock bottom when he does whatever it takes to get them to love him. This is my first time entering a contest and it would mean a lot if you would check it out. :) Thank you~ <3

Thank you guys and see you next update! :)