The Proposal

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

Luhan began to laugh dryly. "You guys are joking right?" He knew his parents didn't approve the fact that he was gay. But he hoped they weren't dumb enough to actually think that he would marry some random girl he's never met in his life before.

"We never joke Luhan" His father replied, the same arrogant smug plastered across his face.

"You need to think about what's best for the family." His mother added.

Luhan rolled his eyes for the nth time that day. "First and foremost, you guys are not my family anymore so stop trying to meddle in my personal life. Secondly, what makes you think I'm actually going to marry this girl?" 

"Her name is Victoria." His mother said.

"I really don't care" Luhan replied while glancing at his phone, checking to see if Sehun had texted him anything. 

His father smirked before turning his attention towards Kris. "Kris, if I'm not mistaken, you are the vice principal of Seoul North Private School? Am I correct?" 

"Why are you asking him that?" Luhan interjected, he did not like the direction the conversation seemed to be going. If anything, he wanted the cards to be on his table, not the other way around. 

His mother smiled "It's just a simple question dear. I'm sure Kris won't mind, isn't that right Kris?" Her toothy grin making Kris sweat in his seat. 

Kris nodded. "It's fine. Yes, I am the Vice Principal of Seoul North Private School" Kris said, his body tensing up from the intense glares Luhan's parents were giving him. 

Luhan rubbed his hand against the blonde man's thigh, he could sense Kris felt really uncomfortable. Kris might look tall and scary but Luhan knew his best friend was extremely sensitive and timid. He should have never forced him to come. 

His dad brought out his reading glasses before taking out yet another piece of document. He cleared his throat "Ahem...  Kris do you realize that Korea has no laws that save homouals from getting fired by their employers if they were to be prejudiced against them?" 

Kris gulped but nodded in understanding.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Luhan growled but remained calm when Kris gave his hand a squeeze.

"We have a proposition for you..." His father replied. "Either you come with us back to Beijing and marry Victoria, or, the entire city of Seoul will know that Kris was fired for being a homoual." His father explained. Kris started feel the tears in his eyes while Luhan wanted to punch his dad in the face.

"You don't have any proof." Luhan muttered under his harsh tone. 

"You're right, we don't have any proof but we don't need it. The controversy and publicity surrounding Kris will force the school to drop him like that." She said, snapping her fingers.

Kris began to cry "Pleas-se... I--" 

"Do you think parents want their children being taught by homouals? People don't want children being exposed to such filth" Kris' breathing getting heavier and heavier.

"Enough! We are leaving; we did not come here to be threatened." Luhan announced before grabbing Kris' wrist and pulling them out of table. 

"Kris, you know how to contact us. I hope you boys make the right decision." Luhan's parents bid them farewell, before Kris and Luhan vanished from their sight. 

 

-----

 

Luhan drove them back to Kris' apartment. He told the blonde man that he was in no state to drive. Tears were still falling down his face; he placed his right arm over his mouth, trying to stifle the sound of his crying. 

Luhan felt extremely bad, he felt an immense amount of guilt run through his body. Kris didn't deserve this, this was his own personal problem, this had nothing to do with Kris and yet the blonde man had the most to lose. 

"I'm so sorry Kris... I should have never brought you." Luhan apologized, trying his best to sound as sorry as possible.

Kris just shook his head. "It's o-okay Luhan..."

They pulled up in front of Kris' apartment complex. Luhan parked the car before dragging his best friend inside the lobby of the building. The door man greeted them, Luhan greeted him back while Kris gave him an apologetic smile for his downtrodden appearance. 

Luhan opened the front door of Kris' apartment. He pushed Kris inside his bedroom and instructed him to change into something more comfortable and lie down. He told him that he would make them some tea. 

Luhan came back holding two mugs of hot tea with honey, Kris' favorite. Kris was lying down on the left side of the queen sized bed; he was sitting upright while his bed sheets covered half of his body from the waist down. He was wearing his black satin pajamas, his hair in a ponytail while his eyes were still red and puffy; making it obvious that he was crying just a moment ago. 

Luhan handed him the mug of tea, before climbing on the bed, positioning himself on the right side of the bed. 

"Is the tea good?" Luhan asked, trying to break the silence between them. 

Kris nodded slowly, he was still sniffling. "It's fine... Thank-k you." His voice cracking, making it apparent in Luhan's mind that the man was still clearly upset.

"I'm really sorry Kris... I didn't know" Luhan sighed. "I just wanted someone to be there with me when I faced them. I didn't think that they would do what they did, especially to my best friend..."  

"I don't know anymore..." Luhan muttered under his breath. 

"Don't go." Kris replied, his voice soft but loud enough for Luhan to hear. 

Luhan looked at his best friend with wide eyes that could match Kyungsoo's. "What?!"

It was Kris' turn to roll his eyes. "I said, don't go." 

Before Luhan could come up with a proper reply Kris beat him to it. "Luhan, you and I both know that you're not going back to China just to marry some random girl you've never met before, especially since you're parents are the ones forcing her down your throat."

"Yeah but--" Luhan tried to interject but failed when Kris raised his hand in front of his face. 

"I'm not finished. You have Sehun to think about, whether you like it or not, the boy is dependent on you. Sehun has had so many people leave him in his life, imagine what would happen to him if you were to leave him as well." 

Luhan began to tear up "I know..."

Kris gave him a comforting smile "Luhan, you are my best friend and practically my brother. I would give up anything for you."

Luhan looked up and saw Kris dialing his phone "Who are you calling?" 

"I'm calling your parents; I'm going to tell them that you're not going back to China and that hell would freeze over before I let you marry some ." Kris said, as the phone was ringing against his ear. 

Luhan grabbed the phone from Kris' hold and quickly disconnected the call.

Kris tilted his head. "Luhan, what do you think you're doing?" 

Luhan shook his head. "I can't let you risk you're entire life's work for something that has absolutely nothing to do with you. You worked too hard to be where you are now not to have your best friend's parents totally destroy your reputation." 

"But you can't go back to China and... You're gay!" Kris tried to reason while reaching for his phone. 

"I'll give you your phone back but you have to promise me that you're not going to call them." Luhan said, making sure to emphasize the "promise me" part. 

Kris nodded. "Promise, but what are we going to do?" 

Luhan tilted his head before giving Kris his phone back. "I really don't know...." He sighed. "But I'll think of something."

Luhan stood up from the bed, walking towards the door. "Just give me some time to think, I'll call you tomorrow." 

Kris nodded in understanding before waving his best friend goodbye. 

Luhan closed the door behind him, his mind running at a hundred miles per hour. "I'm ing screwed..."

 

 

 


Please help by clicking this! Thank you ^^ and Don't Forget to Subscribe and Comment! :)

[A/N] HUNHAN ACTION NEXT CHAP PEOPLE! GET READY! What will happen? You'll have to wait and see... ^^

Thank you for reading and please subscribe! Let's get to 200 subbies! YAY! :D

In other news ZOMG PEOPLE! EXO-K AND SHINEE ARE COMING TO MANILA! XDD /flatlines

But I'm frustrated because EXO-M has my bias (Tao <33333) and only EXO-K is coming :(. But Shinee is awesome too! I LOVE 2min! lol :P