The Scars

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

Luhan & Sehun's Apartment: 12:01 P.M.

 

Sehun was in a bad mood the entire morning. Chen told him that he needed to stay in bed rest for the next two days and he hated it. He wanted to go outside, he tried using his aegyo with Luhan but it didn't work. The Chinese male was persistent on him staying in the apartment for the rest of the day.

Luhan told him that he would be meeting Kris and his parents for lunch. He was kind of upset that he couldn't go with Luhan but he was thankful that his hyung took such good care of him.

Luhan wanted to bring Sehun but he wanted to spare the boy from becoming mentally scarred for life. He told Sehun that he would be right back after lunch, promising him that he'd bring him back some Kimbap.

 

-----

Summer Palace Restaurant - 12:20 PM

 

Luhan was patiently waiting for his parents to arrive. Kris was sitting next him, looking more uncomfortable than ever. He forced the tall man to join him for lunch, blackmailing him with his knowledge of Kris' past profession. He couldn't fathom surviving an entire lunch alone with his parents. 

Luhan's parents were conservative, very conservative. Don't get him wrong, he loves his parents and that’s what frustrates him the most. He wanted to forget about his parents. He wanted nothing more than to have his parents disown him as their son, and finally leave him alone to live his life in peace.

But that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Luhan felt hurt that his parents could never just be happy for him. He remembered all the times when his parents hurt him the most.

The time when his parents forced him into an arranged marriage which he almost went through until the bride disappeared a couple of months before the wedding. 

That was the first time he actually had enough of his parents controlling his life. He wanted to make his own decisions; he wanted to live his life on his own terms. 

He came out about his uality on his eighteenth birthday; he was preparing himself for the inevitable of either being kicked out of the house or being accepted with open arms. 

His parents looked shocked, his mother started crying hysterically. She started to raise her voice, blaming herself, saying that she raised him wrong and that she should have pushed him to play more sports instead of singing competitions. 

His dad stayed quiet, which was never a good thing. Luhan's dad didn't say a single word that night. He looked empty and disappointed which made Luhan's stomach want to eat itself. 

He used to be so close to his dad, he was closer to his dad out of his two parents. So to see the person he looked up to the most look down on him made him feel disgusted with himself.

That year was the worst year of his life. He tried everything from drugs, to one night stands with random girls, trying everything he could to change himself. He hated himself for being different, he wanted to be normal, he just wanted to be loved again. 

His mom never looked at him the same way, she would engage with him in short conversations but it never escalated unless she was asking him for money, which he earned from his part-time job. 

His dad didn't talk to him for three months, he didn't look at him, nor did he acknowledge his existence. When he spoke it was just to tell him that he wanted him to meet random suitors that were part of his plan to "change" his son. 

That hurt the most, the fact that he went through months of exile and ex-communication for his feelings to be brushed aside. The fact that his uality meant nothing to them, pretending that his "being gay" didn't exist, pretending that his eighteenth birthday was nothing more than a meaningless birthday. 

He tried to be strong but after months of people pretending like his feelings didn't matter, he attempted to commit suicide. 

He tried to hang himself but failed when the roped broke off, leaving himself catching his breath when he fell to the ground. His parents came in when he heard the large amount of noise coming from his room. They walked in on him lying breathless on the floor with a string of rope wrapped around his throat. 

He knew then and there that his parents didn't care for him anymore when they locked eyes with him and left the room. Not bothering to help him in his state of near death, not even bothering to call the paramedics.  

He remembered that night very well, the way his parents looked at him with so much hate and disgust changed his life forever. He wanted to prove them wrong; he wanted them to know that he being different made him better.

His thoughts were disturbed by the sound of high heels clicking against the marble floor matched with the heavy stench of cigarette smoke. 

"Luhan! Kris!" Luhan's mother exclaimed, exaggeratedly waving her right hand to them.  

"Hello boys..." His father greeted coldly. 

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Xi" Kris got up from his seat and bowed politely. 

"Hello dad, hello mom, how was your flight?" Luhan's voice conveying that he really didn't care. Not bothering to stand up from his comfortable position. 

"I see that you're time here in Korea hasn't improved your manners." His father commented before he and his wife took the seats opposite Luhan and Kris. 

Luhan wrapped his slender fingers around the rim of his glass of water. "What can I say? My time hear hasn’t healed all wounds either.”

Kris, who was awkwardly smiling to himself, started to regret the decision of saying yes to Luhan's plea of joining him for dinner. But what choice did he have? Luhan practically blackmailed him. He cursed Chen for telling Luhan that he used to be an exotic dancer a couple of years ago when he was struggling for cash. 

"Did you have any trouble finding the place?" Kris asked, trying to ease the tension between Luhan and his parents. 

Mrs. Xi shook her head. "No trouble at all, our taxi driver spoke Mandarin so it was easy to communicate.

Luhan rolled his eyes, he hated small talk. He wanted to know why his parents were here and he wanted to know now.

"Why are you guys here?" Luhan interjected. 

Mrs. Xi eyes widened from the rude intrusion. But her facade quickly fell when her frown turned into a smile. Not a warm or motherly smile, but more of a conniving one plastered across her face.

His dad looked nothing more than uninterested. His facial expressions were stoic. He wanted to laugh because his father could have given Sehun a run for his money.

Luhan's mind began to wander about Sehun. Was the boy sleeping? Has he eaten anything? Did he take his medicine? 

"Luhan!" His mother's voice snapping Luhan from his thoughts. Though, honestly, Luhan would have preferred being lost in his thoughts rather than having to speak to the two old hags in front of him. 

"What?" Luhan snapped back clearly unamused. 

His mother smiled before handing him a Manila folder filled with different documents and a bond paper sized picture of a brunette girl with brown eyes. His father started to glare at him while Kris tried his best to be as invisible as possible.

"What the hell is this?" Luhan asked through gritted teeth. He looked through the papers before throwing the folder across the table.

"Is that how you talk to your parents?!" His father raised his voice. Making Kris fidget in his seat while Luhan remained unfazed, he wasn't going to give his parents the satisfaction. 

"It's not like you guys were real parents in the first place." Luhan replied, a playful smirk spread across his face.

"We were great parents! You were just difficult!" Hs father replied, his voice cold and heartless. 

Luhan gave out a tired chuckle "Difficult? How was I difficult? I got good grades throughout my entire elementary and high school life! I even got a part-time job to help pay for some of the household expenses. How was I difficult? I was a good son." 

"You made things difficult for everybody, you were the one who only thought about yourself! You were selfish and unreasonable!" In her own mind, Luhan's mom thought she was making sense. It was sad how they couldn't simply just love their son for who he truly was.

Luhan felt his throat dry up, he could feel the tears begin to rim the edges of his eyelids but he was determined not to let them fall. His father's arrogant smile fueled his fire to remain strong.

He clenched his fists in anger until Kris gave him an encouraging rub in the back. 

Luhan gave Kris a grateful smile before looking back at his parents "You think I was being unreasonable?" His voice calm but stern. "I was scared, I was tired, I was struggling and beginning to hate myself for something I thought made me the worst kind of scum..."

"I came to my parents first, hoping that they would help me... That they would reassure me that they loved me unconditionally..."

"We do love you!" His mother defended.

"Well, you have a funny way of showing it!" Luhan yelled back, banging his fists against the table, earning a few weird glances from the other customers.

"What did you expect us to do Luhan? To just allow this kind of unnatural behavior in our household? To just accept the fact that our son turned into a homoual? Did you even think what could have happened if news like that spread? What if the whole family were to know? We would have been the laughing stock of all our friends. We could not and will not have a as a son." His father's words cutting Luhan's skin like a knife on butter. 

Kris couldn't help but let out a sharp gasp at Mr. Xi's choice of words. Luhan's situation with his parents only solidified his decision of keeping his ual orientation a secret from his own mother and father. 

Luhan looked crestfallen, no matter how many times he's had this conversation with his parents, they always fail to understand. 

"I expected you guys to love me... For whom I really am. I'm gay, and there's nothing you guys can say that can change that." He was about to stand up and leave before his mom grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him back down to sit.

"Wait..." His mom sighed. "You have to think about the family..." 

Luhan rolled his eyes. The two people sitting in front of him were not his family. Kris was his family, Sehun was his family, and he had all the family he needed or ever wanted. People who actually loved him for who he truly was and who didn't try to change him just because he didn't fit to what society deemed "normal". 

Luhan's dad shoved another photograph in front of his face. "Look"

Luhan's eyes scanned over the photo. It was another picture of the same girl from the Manila folder his parents gave him earlier. 

He began to scoff "Are you guys still trying to set me up with these poor little girls? Who in the world is this?" 

 

"She is your Fiancé."

 

 


Please help by clicking this! Thank you ^^ and Don't Forget to Subscribe and Comment! :)

Why do I always do this to you guys?! Cliffy again?!

I'm back everybody!!!! ^^ The resort was beautiful but damn... I couldn't even get a glimpse of wifi in the place.  and was able to write 3 chapters on my trip so I will unhide one every two days. ^^

Thank you to 150 subbies! Amazing! Love you all! and get ready cause 's about to hit the fan.

So get excited!!!! This chap we got to look a little bit of Luhan's past so now you know he's been through a lot.

Luhan and Sehun: "Author... you ."

Me: T_T

"FALLING IN LOVE" 2NE1 IS BACK PEOPLE! OMG THE SONG AND VIDEO IS FLAWLESS!!!! :O