The Session

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

Dr. Kim & Co.

 

12 Days Before Christmas
2:30 PM  

 

“Do we really have to go through with this?” Sehun whined as he leaned against the leather couch in the lobby of the therapist’s office Luhan had scheduled an appointment with.

Luhan s his around the younger’s shoulders. “I’m sorry Sehun-ah but you promised me that you would at least try it once.” He replied before the younger sighed in defeat.

“But couldn’t it have waited until my bandages were off?” He asked as he pointed to the white patches covering his eyes.

“Aww you don’t like them? I think they’re kind of cute.” Luhan chuckled much to the younger’s displeasure; post laser eye surgery was a .

“Hyung I can’t even see, how in the world is this cute?” He asked; the elder pinching his cheek in response before he began blushing a sickly shade of red.

“Sehun-ah, stop whining, it’s not cute if I can’t see your eyes.”

“Meanie…”

“Oh Sehun?” The secretary chose this moment to chime in as she called out the younger’s name. Sehun whistling innocently, trying to ignore the woman until Luhan poked him in the stomach; Sehun raising his hand as a reflex before he glared daggers at the elder who was laughing to himself.

If Luhan could see his glare that is.

“Please follow me please” The secretary said as she gestured the two men to follow her into the therapists’ office.

“Nervous?” Luhan asked as clasped the younger’s hand with his own, leading him carefully inside while rubbing smooth circles around the back of his palm.

Sehun nodded “Kind of….” He replied before slowly sitting down on what he presumed to be a couch.

“Don’t be, I’m sure he’ll be nice.” Luhan reassured before asking the secretary a couple of questions.

“How long has Dr. Kim been a therapist?” Luhan asked since he only wanted the best for Sehun. He didn’t want some old fart who probably couldn’t relate to a new age couple like themselves yet he didn’t want someone inexperienced who was probably younger than himself.

“She’s been practicing psychology and human behavior for about five years now.” She replied with a genuine smile before excusing herself, saying that the Doctor would be in a minute.

“Luhan?” Sehun alarmed when he noticed something peculiar about what the secretary had just told them.

“Yeah Sehun-ah?”

“Did she just say the therapist… was a woman?” He asked before the elder rolled his eyes. Replying with a nonchalant hum before the younger started to feel drops of sweat collecting in his forehead and armpits.

“Sehun-ah, are you okay?” Luhan asked when he noticed the younger seemed frantic suddenly.

“It’s just… it’ll be a woman asking me all those question right? So she’ll ask me about my dad and Jongin and you and a lot of weird things. What if she thinks I’m weird?” He asked before being silenced when he felt those familiar warm lips planted on his.

When they parted Luhan gave him a pat on the cheek. “Don’t worry Sehun-ah, she’s a professional, I’m sure she won’t be anything like the women we’ve encountered in the last six months.” He replied, technically true since they’ve barely met any woman who wasn’t trying to break them up, kill them, or try to pick a fight with a drag queen.

Sehun sighed before giving Luhan a kiss in return. He felt as if it was his turn to repay Luhan for all those kisses he’s never instigated.

*Knock *Knock

Sehun flinched at the sound. It really was true when they said your other senses are heightened when one of them isn’t working properly.

“Oh Sehun and Xi Luhan?” She asked as both men stood up before bowing politely with Sehun clinging on to his boyfriend’s arm for support.

“Please have a seat.” She smiled warmly as they thanked her.

“So… Oh Sehun, I’ve heard a great deal about you.” She said while Sehun noticeably flinched “Rest assured they’re all good things.” She said as to calm his nerves. She’s had to deal with a number of cases like this in the past; Sehun wasn’t her first and sadly wouldn’t be her last either.

Luhan eyes shooting out a bit when his boyfriend was practically digging his nails deeper into his arm. He’d have bruises for sure.

“So, what brings you gentlemen to therapy at this time?” She asked the two men. Luhan carefully thinking of what to say since Sehun opted to remain silent much to Dr. Kim’s disliking.

Luhan started “Um… well, you see, I feel like Sehun needs to um…” He started but he couldn’t really define what they were here for. Sehun was the only one who knew what he was feeling and sadly, as his boyfriend, Luhan could only say so much.

Dr. Kim gave them a friendly smile. “Luhan-shi, do you think it would be possible if Sehun and I can have a one on one talk for awhile?” She asked. Luhan wincing at the tightness of the younger’s grip on his arm.

“I uh, maybe that wouldn’t be too good of an idea.” He replied, Sehun noticeably relaxing as he breathed out a sigh of relief.

“Sehun-shi, you look nervous.” Dr. Kim remarked before Sehun slowly nodded.

“What are you nervous about?” She asked with her pen and paper resting against her lap, her legs crossed with her glasses planted on the bridge of her nose as he watched the blind boy with soft eyes.

“I… don’t know… I just am.” He replied, Luhan praising the heavens that the younger was at least talking.

“What would you like to get from therapy?” She asked. Sehun fiddling nervously with his fingers, feeling like he was once again in school taking a test.

“I don’t know…” He replied but instead of another question, Dr. Kim only smiled.

“That’s okay.” She replied before looking at her clipboard. “Do you have any questions for me?” She asked before Sehun shook his head.

Dr. Kim removed her glasses before putting them aside. “How are you feeling at the moment?”

“Nervous” Sehun replied as Luhan continued rubbing his thumb against the back of the younger’s hand.

She smiled, trying to make her voice sound gentler since the boy couldn’t see how she was looking at him. Trying to establish a comfortable atmosphere since her client looked like a ball of nerves.

Now she decided to go through her list  of questions, of course nothing too personal since it was their first session together and she hoped the boy would come back since her assistant mentioned that Sehun’s guardian promised the boy that he’d only have to do this once and never again if he didn’t want to.

“Have you been to therapy before?”

Sehun thought about before nodding shyly. Luhan a bit surprised since he thought the boy had never talked to anybody else before.

“It was the school councilor.” He replied with a somber tone.

Intrigue, she pushed further. “Was it helpful?”

Sehun kept silent until he shook his head before Dr. Kim replied “Why not?” She asked with a concerned tone.

“She said there was something wrong with me.” He replied, his heart feeling a bit heavy from the memories of his school councilor practically shoving a pamphlet in front of his face of a hotline to a Gay-Conversion therapist.

“How did that make you feel?” She asked as Sehun looked away from her piercing gaze. Technically he couldn’t see her gaze but he could feel her eyes burning holes through his bandages.

“I felt alone.” He replied honestly, much to the surprise of everyone in the room. For now, Dr. Kim had decided not to push her luck, but she concluded that for their first session together, Sehun was doing well.

“Who do you live with?”

“Luhan” He easily replied, Luhan raising his hand before Dr. Kim kept asking him more and more questions. Sehun feeling a bit overwhelmed but he figured it’ll end sooner or later.

“What do you do during the day?” She asked before the younger shrugged his shoulders.

“Sometimes I watch TV but I can’t really do that for the time being.” He said, pointing to his eyes. “But Luhan tries to drag me outside when he has free time.” He said; a taint of pink spreading across Luhan’s cheeks that didn’t go unnoticed by Dr. Kim.

“How old are you?”

“I’m eighteen; I’ll be turning nineteen next year.” He replied before she asked yet another question. “Do you go to school?”

“I… um… I did but I got expelled.” He replied until Luhan butted in. “But not because he did anything wrong… it’s just um, it’s complicated.” He explained whilst Dr. Kim assured him it was fine and that they were here to talk, not to be interrogated.

“Do you socialize?” Was her next question, Sehun chuckling to himself. He was never good at making friends in the first place and he didn’t have a single friend back in school but the amount of people he’s met over the past two months was beyond what he could imagine for himself.

He met Tao who, though eccentric in his own natural way, was a great friend. Kris was another person he could rely on, not matter how awkward their conversations would get if they were locked inside a room, just the two of them. He was able to mend his relationship with his ex-boyfriend Kai and even met a transvestite named Baekhyun. And the most important of them all, was the person who saved his life, his boyfriend Luhan.

So oddly enough, he could say he was pretty descent at socializing.

“I think that’s all I need to know for now.” She said before standing up from her seat; Luhan following suit before helping the younger up.

“Really?” Sehun awed; he presumed the session would last longer than it did.

Dr. Kim hummed in response. “I think we were able to cover a lot for today.” She said before gesturing the two men to follow her to the lobby.

“So is that all?” Luhan asked as he prepared to pay the very pricey bill. But it was for Sehun so it didn’t hurt… that much.

“It appears so; I hope we’ll get a chance to talk again in the near future Sehun-shi.” She said before excusing herself and waving goodbye before disappearing back inside her private office.

“How do you feel?” Luhan asked before Sehun snorted.

“That’s enough questions for one day…”

 

---

 

“Tao?” Kris interrupted his boyfriend who was now busy using the computer in his bedroom. The younger setting up a Skype account for his boyfriend who, in about ten minutes, would be telling his parents that he preferred the D over the V.

“Huh?” Tao replied, not bothering to look at his direction as he picked a fitting username for his boyfriend. ‘PissyDragonite’ sounded good enough.

“I don’t think I can go through with this.” He replied before the younger turned around, only to roll his eyes at the elder before smacking his lips against his.

As they parted Kris blinked unbelievable at his smirking lover. “What was that for?” He asked as the younger only shrugged his shoulders before returning to the computer and ignoring his PissyDragonite.

“There” Tao announced five minutes later when the account was up and ready to be used. “Are you ready?” He asked; the elder shaking his head as he dove under the panda pillow for safety.

“I don’t wanna~” He whined before being pulled by his ankles and being dragged against his will before he fell on the floor with a loud ‘thump’.

“Ow” Kris pouted whilst rubbing the soon to be bruise on his left cheek.

“Stop being a big baby and just man up.” Tao scolded as he pulled the elder from the floor; dragging him unmercifully by his limbs before planting his down on the stool facing the webcam.

“Tao, remember that Gucci store we passed by the other day? If you let me go right now I promise I’ll but you every bag in that store Oh AND socks!” He bribed; and it might’ve worked too if not for the fact that Tao new the elder wouldn’t be getting his paycheck until the end of the month.

“Kris, you are doing this whether you like it or not.” Tao said before commanding the elder to start dialing his parent’s home number.

“Fine” Kris muttered while throwing his hands in the air. Why did he ever suggest this in the first place?

Kris slowly started to type number after number as he tried to delay each digit until, unfortunately, Tao pressed the ‘call’ button for him.

“Hello?” Kris flinched at the sound of his mother’s nasally voice. His mother’s English mixed with her noticeable Chinese accent reminded him of home.

Kris stayed silent until Tao forcefully softly punched him in the arm to start talking “M-Mom” He said before the room became filled with his mothers screams of joy that her sound finally decided to call her after months of not hearing from him.

“Yifan! My darling boy! How is my only son? Mommy has missed you so much! And why don’t you call me anymore?!” She berated him with questions before he sighed… this was his mother.

“Mom I need to tell you something.” He said before his mother replied hastily with a ‘what?’ Tao feeling a tinsy amount of guilt for rushing his boyfriend but he knew Kris would regret it later in life if he didn’t go through with it.

“Mom… you love me right?” Kris asked with a shaky voice. Tao resting his palm on his shoulder before they clasped their hands together.

“Of course I love you” She assured with a motherly tone, he loved his mother the most, she was always the more progressive of his two parents.

“Mom… I’m gay.”

“Yifan, is that all?” She asked nonchalantly before Kris furrowed his eyebrows.

“What do you mean ‘is that all’? Mom! I just told you I’m gay!” He yelled into the microphone before he heard giggling in the background.

“Yifan, I never felt the need to tell you this until now so brace yourself. When you were sixteen, I caught you touching yourself down there to a shirtless picture of one of the TVXQ members in the bathroom.” She said before Tao literally began choking on his saliva.

The younger flailing on the floor like a fish out of water as he tried to stifle his immense laughter.

“W-What?” Kris replied; horrified since he remembers doing such an intimate thing thinking that he was alone.

“Don’t be ashamed Yifan, doesn’t every teenage boy do that? I think it was a picture of Jaejoong.”

“MOM!”

 

 


[a/n] Bwahaha erh mur gud, this is probably one of my fave chaps to date. I enjoyed writing the therapy session and Taoris is everything. I think I made Sehun look a little stronger here and I think it's about damn time. Oh and regarding the poll, it has something to do with the next chap so please await that. :3

It's been awhile since I've updated so a couple things happened! I finished my Baekyeol fic *throws confetti* and now I started a Kray fic! called "Don't Hate The Unicorn" and a drabbles and oneshots fic. "EXO Drabbles'" so please check them out. :3 Thank you! See you next update~ <3