The Sekai Prologue Part I

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

[A/N] Disclaimer: This is set three years ago before Sehun ever met Luhan

 


High School - Freshman Year - Three Years Ago...

 

A Fifteen year old Sehun sulks as he opened his locker to fetch his algebra book for his next class. The higher powers were definitely not on his side today, as he’s been forced to face hell for the next four years of his life.

If he had a choice, he would have just dropped out of school. But he knew his mother would highly disapprove as she watched over him from heaven.

He wanted to finish school for his mother, for the both of them. That was his dream since the very beginning. That he could make enough money so that he and his mom could be happy on their own… away from his dad.

He sighed, he really did miss her. It almost hurt just thinking about her.

He shrugged those sad feelings for the time being as he retrieved his books and closed his locker.

Math was his first class of the day; he groaned just thinking about it. He hated math, it made him sleepy. He was just going to have to face the horrid subject for a whole hour, whether he wanted to or not.

 

-----

First Period - 8:00 A.M.

 

“Hello class” The teacher greeted as she entered the classroom, dragging an unfamiliar face.

“This stranger right here is our new student who just transferred from Busan.” The teacher informed the class.

“He will be joining us for the rest of the school year, so please treat him well.” She finished.

The entire class stared in silence as the new boy gently waved to the dumbstruck students. This guy was very, VERY good looking.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jongin-imnita! But you can just call me Kai for short. Please take care of me.” The handsome boy bowed as he introduced himself to the crowd.   

Sehun was in awe, his heartbeat began to accelerate. This new student had an effect on him and he didn’t like where it was going. “What’s wrong with you Sehun? Stay calm…” He mentally scolded himself.

“Hmmm…” The teacher muttered. “Kai there is no other seat available for you to choose from so is it alright if you sit all the way in the back?” she asked.

“Its fine” Kai replied with a smile.

“Omigod his smile is adorable” Sehun thought. “I MEAN! Crap Sehun! Pull it together! The gay population in Korea is 0.01% meaning… you’re ed.”

“Splendid, which means you’ll be sitting beside… Oh Sehun!” The teacher informed as she clasped her hands together. “Sehun raise your hand.”

“Damn It!” Sehun thought, but raised his hand nonetheless. “Here…”

“Go take your seat, class will begin shortly.” She smiled.

“Thank you” the tanned boy bowed once more before taking his seat beside a flustered Sehun.

Kai gently placed his bag beside his seat before eyeing his seatmate. “Hi nice to meet you” He smiled “I’m Kai.”

“I’m S-Thesun...” Sehun stuttered “damn lisp.” He mentally cursed. No way was Kai going to like him now. But why did he want him to like him in the first place?

But the other boy only kept smiling at him. “Cute” He commented before focusing all his attention on the teacher in front.

Sehun blushed a light shade of pink. “Cute?”

Sehun shook his head, “Focus Sehun” He scolded before focusing all his attention towards the teacher as well.

But he couldn’t help but take a couple of quick glances of his new seatmate from time to time.  

 

-----

Lunch - 12:00 PM

 

It was lunch period and Sehun was currently sitting by himself, in the table furthest away from the noisy crowd.

Though he was lonely, he was actually grateful that people didn’t pay much attention to him. He’d rather be alone and forgotten than be bullied by people who had nothing else better to do.

He sighed, this was his everyday routine. Survive school, eat lunch alone, school, and return back home to hell.

His depressing thoughts were interrupted by a loud grunting noise. He looked up only to be greeted by the good looking boy in his math class.

“Kai…” He accidentally blurted out.

“That’s my name, don’t wear it out.” The other boy replied before putting his tray down on the table.

“Mind if I sit here?” Kai asked.

Sehun just looked at the other boy with a confused expression.

“You’re kidding…” Sehun replied. He didn’t mean to sound rude but… Kai looked like he belonged with the popular kids, not an outcast like himself.

Kai didn’t seem to take offence to Sehun’s remark and just sat down, placing his tray in front of Sehun’s.

“I’m not kidding, let’s be friends. I’m new to this place, so I need someone to help me find my place around the school.” Kai smiled as he ate his kimchi.

“Why me?” Sehun asked in disbelief “Wouldn’t you prefer someone more… I don’t know… popular or more likable.” The blonde boy replied.

Kai just shrugged his shoulder “Not really” he replied while swallowing his food. “I met you in class and I think you’re lisp is kind of cute.”

Sehun tried his best not to blush but he could feel the heat reaching his ears. He mentally groaned in frustration.

“So… you really want to be friends… with me?” Sehun asked cautiously.

Kai nodded “Of course I want to be friends.”

Sehun thought about it for a good fifteen seconds before Kai interrupted his thoughts.

“Sehun-ah, Buing* Buing*” Kai laughed as he did his best aegyo impression.

Sehun couldn’t control it. He had to laugh. “-Haha... Fine, you win. We can be friends.”

Kai only smiled at the other boy’s approval as both boys enjoyed their lunch together. For once, Sehun wasn’t alone, and for once Kai didn’t feel the need to hide.

 

 

-----

Sehun's House - A Month Later - 5:00 PM

 

Sehun didn’t know what went wrong, all he knew was that his dad was passed out drunk on their living room floor and that Kai was currently standing in front of him with a shocked expression.

He knew it was coming, he knew it wasn’t going to last. He knew it was only a matter of time before he lost his only friend…

“Sehun-ah, we have to go.” Kai interrupted as his grabbed Sehun’s arm. “Look at your arm! Did he do this to you?” Kai asked furiously as he inspected all the cuts and bruises on Sehun’s frail arm.

Sehun eyes became glassy. “What?” he asked, his voice cracked from fear.

“I said we need to leave, you can’t live here! Sehun, we need to go before he wakes up.” Kai reasoned.

“You don’t hate me?” Sehun asked almost hopefully, as tears began to fall rapidly down his blemish free face.

Kai’s expression softened as he witnessed his friend becoming more and more downtrodden.

“Sehun-ah, of course I don’t hate you. I care about you. That’s why we need to go right now. You can live with me.” Kai explained as he pulled Sehun into a hug while slowly rubbing circles on the other boys back.

Sehun thought about it for a moment and only nodded. “I’m s-sorry…” He stuttered.

Kai hugged him tightly. “Shhh… You don’t need to be sorry Sehun-ah. Don’t worry, I’m here.”

“Oh-okay-y….” Sehun replied, still crying from the rush of emotions running through his body.

Kris pulled Sehun out the door before leading him to the nearest bus stop.

Kai quickly pulled Sehun into the bus after paying for the both of them. He wrapped his arm around Sehun as the other boy yawned from exhaustion.

“Why don’t you sleep” Kai suggested.

Sehun looked him in the eyes. “I’m fine…”

“No, it’s alright, just rest. I’ll wake you up when we arrive.” Kai insisted.

Sehun was just about to protest before a second yawn escaped his lips. He couldn’t resist it any longer, as sleep overcame him. He would have to thank Kai later for taking care of him.

 

-----

Kai’s House - 5:30 PM

 

“Sehun, we’re here.” Kai spoke as he nudged the sleeping boy’s arm.

Sehun opened his eyes, only to be greeted by Kai’s beautiful brown orbs. “o-okay…” He answered.

Kai giggled “Cute.”

Sehun blushed a bright red. “He keeps calling me cute.”

After leaving the bus, Kai lead Sehun to his home, which was not that far from the bus stop. As they approached the front door, Kai swung the door open only to be greeted by a delicious aroma of his mom’s cooking.

“Jongin dear, is that you?” His mom yelled from the kitchen.

“Yeah mom, it’s me. I brought a friend over if you don’t mind. I’ll explain everything later.” Kai replied.

“Okay dear!” she responded.

Kai looked back at Sehun who looked a bit stiff. “Come Sehun I’ll show you where my room is.” The blonde boy only nodded, he was still a bit shaken.

Kai proceeded to lead both of them towards his room which was located on the second floor. He flung the door open and jumped on his bed with his arms raised. “This is my room!” He announced.

Sehun’s expression beamed, he loved how his best friend tried to make him feel better.

Kai quickly got up and pulled Sehun towards his bed. “Sehun-ah you rest up a bit, I’ll just talk to me my mom and I’ll bring us up something to eat.”

Sehun nodded “okay…”

“Be right back” Kai was about to turn the knob when Sehun’s voice interrupted him. “Kai?”

“Yes?”

Sehun looked down on the ground while fidgeting with his fingers. “Thank you… for everything.”

Kai’s heart melted as his expression became filled with determination. “It’s now or never.” He told himself.

He marched back to the bed and hastily cupped Sehun’s face. He was now making direct eye contact with the blonde boy as their lips were only inches apart. He titled his head and pressed his lips gently against Sehun’s as he locked their lips together.

He gave Sehun one last second before pulling away “Sehun-ah I like you….”

Sehun was stunned, he couldn’t move. He didn’t move, he was frozen solid….

“Jongin dear, the dinner is ready!” his mother yelled.

Kai upon hearing the information, dashed out of the room, only to leave a stunned Sehun.

“Did he just kiss me?” Sehun’s lips trembled as he rubbed his fingers against them.

 

 


Please help by clicking this! Thank you ^^ and Don't Forget to Subscribe and Comment! :)

[A/N] Well, well, well... Some of you got very excited over the teaser (I apologize) but congratulations to TripleA for figuring the (stupid) teaser. :P ALOT and I mean ALOT of you thought this was going to be the end of Hunhan. No way was I going to do that, I want this story to be long.

This was a Sekai flashback chapter, sorry if I scared you guys into thinking HunHan was going to seperate... (NEVER!... maybe.)

The Clue from the teaser were: 3 years ago= 3 years later when Kai shows up

Again, Thank you so much for reading don't forget to Sub, Comment, and UP vote. :D Please wait for the Part II thank you!

Sehun: "Hmph... It's smaller than I thought.