The Close Call

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

Hunhan’s Apartment

 

7 Days Before Christmas
6:40 PM  

 

“Lu, where are you taking me?” Sehun asked, holding onto the elder’s arm for dear life.

He was finally able to remove the bandages yesterday night but his eyesight wouldn’t be crystal clear until for another week. He was instructed to wear shades and he definitely would have preferred to stay home and rot rather than going out to the mall, per Luhan’s request.

“I’m taking you out to buy your Christmas gift.” Luhan smiled. He’s been so caught lately in drama that he was glad he could take the time to buy his boyfriend a Christmas gift.

Sehun frowned “But then, why am I here? Shouldn’t you be buying it without me?” Sehun asked with a deadpan expression before the elder dragged him into a secluded corner of the department store.

They were currently inside the Gangnam shopping mall. Sehun figured since it was pretty noisy matched with mindless chatter from passer byres and Christmas carols playing everywhere. But he wanted to humor the elder, one of his many things he’s picked up from Tao were his very effective aegyo techniques.

“I’ve been meaning to buy you this for Christmas but I wanted to make sure it would look nice on you first.” Luhan explained “And since you can’t see, I thought I would make you suffer.” Luhan snickered as the younger pouted.

“What is it? Tell me~” Sehun whined but it was pointless, Luhan wasn’t going to give in that easily. No matter how adorable his boyfriend was being at the moment.

“Here we are.” Luhan said, leading them out of the department and into a small deserted antique shop.

Sehun noticed it was suddenly quite, meaning they probably entered an enclosed shop. And it smelled like his grandmother’s closet much to his delight.

“Luhan! You’re finally back, are you here to pick up the—” The woman behind the counter asked midway before Luhan started waving his arms in the air to form a letter ‘x’, signaling her to shut her face.

“Here to pick up what Lu?” Sehun asked the elder. He knew Luhan was up to something, he wasn’t blin—okay maybe he was, but he wasn’t deaf.

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out on Jesus’ birthday my little bunny.” Luhan teased as he turned to face the women holding the very important gift box he purchased for the younger.

“Oops, I think I might’ve almost spoiled the surprised.” The woman chuckled. She had brown eyes and long wavy light brown hair. She had a small mouth that formed a natural pout and radiant, blemish-free skin. If Sehun could see her face, he might’ve thought she was a female version of Luhan.

“Hara, were you able to… you know… put the thing inside?” Luhan asked as Hara began rolling her eyes.

“Don’t worry; I was able to make it fit. Wanna have a look?” She said before the elder nodded. Opening the box to reveal a charm bracelet Luhan’s been working on for the past month. It was probably the most expensive thing he’s ever purchased in his twenty-two years of existence, but it was worth it.

“What is happening? Xi Luhan, what is she showing you? What is she trying to fit in?!” Sehun whaled. Everything about Luhan and Hara’s conversation sounded like ual innuendo in his mind.

Maybe Tao’s influence has finally sunk in.

Luhan’s cheeks flamed as Hara tried stifling her laughter. “I’m not doing anything like THAT if that’s what you’re implying. Oh God Sehun, when did become such a jelly belly?”  Luhan teased, pinching the taller’s cheeks before the younger mumbled a ‘sorry’, embarrassingly.

“It’s perfect.” Luhan said as he eyed every bead and charm. He would describe it more in detail if not for the fact that he didn’t want Sehun getting suspicious. It was his Christmas gift after all.

Luhan held the bracelet in the palm of his hand before placing it side by side to the younger’s arm that was comfortably locked with his. He compared the color to match the younger’s paleness, the beads colorful but subtle. It was perfect in his opinion. Sehun’s milky white skin made the beads stand out and he was positive the younger would love it once he sees it.

“I’ll sign you a check.” Luhan said, handing back the bracelet to Hara, who placed it carefully back inside the box before wrapping it in tissue and putting it in a paper bag. She then handed it to Luhan who in return, handed her the money he saved up from his teaching gig.

“Did he say a check? How expensive is this gift?” Sehun thought to himself. He estimated, more or less, how much a teacher earned and he didn’t want the elder thinking he had to buy him expensive gifts just because he was his boyfriend.

“Thanks again Hara, see you again soon” Luhan thanked. He waited for Sehun to get his bearings before he pulled him inside the nearest elevator that opened just in time as they exited the shop.

“Ground floor please” Luhan said before the younger furrowed his brows.

“Thank you for the gift Lu but it’s getting kind of late. Can’t we go home already?” Sehun pouted before being silenced by the elder’s lips. It wasn’t a lustful kiss or nearly as forceful as their past lip locks. Just a light peck since he didn’t want the woman manning the elevator, who had her back them, to notice.

“We will Sehun-ah, I just have to buy baking powder and then we can go home.” Luhan replied. Both making their way towards the grocery store, hand in hand, ignoring the weird looks of some and comforting looks of others.

“Run inside and buy it and I’ll just wait here.” Sehun said, planting his feet firmly on the ground. Luhan however, was not having it.

“I don’t think so. Have you forgotten about one very important detail? Oh that’s right, you can’t see.” Luhan replied, rather snarky in Sehun’s opinion.

“Hyung just get the baking powder. I’ll be right here if you need me.” And without further instruction, Sehun let go of Luhan’s hand and motioned his boyfriend to enter the damn store.

“Are you sure Sehun-ah?” Luhan asked unsurely. He did only need to grab one thing and the faster he did it the sooner they can go home.

“I’ll be fine Hyung, don’t worry” Sehun reassured before the elder nodded and disappeared behind the isles of baby diapers and tampons.

Sehun waited a couple of seconds before slowly creeping his way to the cake stand, not too far from him. He could barely see anything through his dark shades but he could somewhat make out the stand of deliciously looking pastries and assorted sweets.

“Hi… um… do you sell sponge cakes?” Sehun asked timidly. Unfortunately, he didn’t have enough money to buy Luhan a Christmas gift that matched whatever he bought him. And he was sure it was expensive, judging by the fact that Luhan needed to write a check just to pay for it.

The old woman nodded before she asked Sehun what he wanted.

“I need a cake delivered to my apartment next Tuesday.” Sehun said flatly, the old woman nodding as she charted the information down in her black book.

“How would you like it decorated?” She asked.

“Actually um… could you just make it plain? Like a blank canvas.” Sehun replied, the woman nodding before excusing herself to properly type down the cost on the cash register.

Sehun decided that since he wouldn’t be able to give Luhan anything worthy, he would decorate a cake for him instead and give the cake to him as his Christmas gift. He’ll design it himself, adding his own fruit slices and frosting, it’ll just be like how he used to bake cakes with his mom when it was his birthday or a Family member’s.

“Babe, what do you want?”

“Huh-”

Sehun froze whilst the woman handing him his change bowed, thanking him for placing an order before attending to her other customers.

But Sehun couldn’t move, he was wondering if he was hearing properly because that voice was all too familiar. It couldn’t be though, he was sure he’d never see him again since he never shops in Gangnam, let alone, could afford to.

“Dad…”

Sehun reached for his phone and tried sending Luhan an SOS text but he couldn’t even see the letters on the damn screen “son of a…”

“Oppa, I want to eat at that new restaurant across the street.” The girl, he presumed, was his no good father’s, rather annoying girlfriend.

“F-Fine” His father gritted. Sehun was terrified on the outside but was secretly laughing on the inside. He knew his father hated eating at fancy restaurants, the man would much rather eat inside the grocery store if they allowed it.

Sehun sighed in relief when he heard their voices getting harder and harder to hear. He was about to turn around to run back to the spot where Luhan had left him but something else interrupted his hearing, his boyfriend’s yelling.

“SEHUN! SEHUN!” Luhan yelled, his eyes frantically looking for the blonde as he dug his nails into the small box of baking powder out of nervousness.

“Oh god… Luhan please shut up…” Sehun said under his breath when he heard footsteps stop.

“I KNEW I SHOULDN’T HAVE LEFT HIM ALONE! OH GOD, WHAT IF HE’S BEEN KIDNAPPED?! I’M TOO YOUNG TO BE A WIDOWER!” Luhan hysterically thought to himself. Though, if people stood too close to him, they could probably hear his inner screaming.

“OH SEHUN WHERE ARE YOU?!” Luhan yelled. Sehun mentally groaning, his boyfriend just had to scream his full name at the top of his lungs in front of everybody.

“Sehun?” His dad’s voice called out. Sehun gulped before silently creeping to the stall next to him, no one would be dumb enough to find him in the Heineken stall.

Except, maybe his dad, who was thirsty for a beer so early in the day, but how was that surprising? The man’s girlfriend playing with her Hello Kitty wristwatch, not bothered that her date, who was almost three decades older than her, ditched her for his favorite pastime, drinking.

Luhan was running around until he spotted a familiar head of pink hair from a distance. Exhaling the deep breath he didn’t realize he was holding, he noticed someone familiar walking towards the Heineken store and he swore, he’s never had to hold himself from pissing in his pants in his life before.

“Sehun’s da-I mean, Mr. Oh?! I don’t even know what to call the bastard!” Luhan mentally panicked as he ran, trying to stay hidden since he didn’t want the man to notice him.

“Hello how may I help you?” The man behind the Heineken stand asked. Mr. Oh rudely pointing to the cheapest bottle on the menu placed below him before being handed an open bottle of fresh beer.

Sehun was cringing when he heard his father’s voice. “He’s right beside me isn’t he?” He thought. He tried scooting as far as he could but his impaired vision proved to be a slight problem.

He tried scooting to the right before he accidentally bumped into something.

“Hey! The kid, watch where you’re going!” The man, AKA his dad yelled; Sehun flinching from the familiar loud voice as he tried hiding his face to his best ability.

“You just bumped into him dumb .” Sehun mentally scolded. This time he was inching further to the left before he felt someone’s hand suddenly grasp his arm.

“AH! LET GO OF ME! LUHAN HELP!” Sehun suddenly screamed. Everyone within a thirty mile radius could hear his screams before a hand smacked itself on his mouth.

“Shut up and run Sehun!” Luhan ordered as he pulled the younger to the front exit of the mall.

“Huh wait… Sehun? Sehun! Yah!” His father yelled when he realized he did hear right earlier, standing from his seat before accidentally slipping as he fell flat on his . The last thing he saw was his son’s face hidden behind his black sunglasses and Luhan’s hand clasped firmly around the younger’s. And until to this day, he found it nothing more than disgusting.

But who gives a what he thinks?

 

 

 


[a/n] *hides from projectiles* I'm sowy its been more than two weeks since I've last updated and I aplogize. I do have a life and I've been enjoying some personal time with myself (lol that sounds wrong) and such. But now I am back from my spirit journey and shall rejoin the AFF world. Thank you to OMG 393?! Subs?! Wow, I was beginning to think this fic was drying away. XD So next chapter will be posted once I hit 400 subs.

In other news, I bough EXO-Growl repackaged Chinese version and SHINee's Everybody and they are glorious. So amazing and I got Chanyeol's card and Key's amazing card. So yep, that's pretty much it, thanks to everyone who comments, subscribes, and please upvote~ :) See you next update!