The Couples Part I

I Was Enchanted To Meet You

 

Luhan & Sehun’s apartment

 

19 Days Before Christmas
The Next Morning
9:30 AM

 

Minseok woke up early that morning before everyone else, he didn’t remember everything that happened the night before but he was positive the couch he was sleeping on belonged to Luhan.

He quickly made sure he wasn’t missing anything, (i.e. his keys and cell phone), before he silently crept his way to the front door. He left Luhan and Sehun a thank you note for letting him crash at their place before he closed the door behind him.

He needed to go home, he wanted to go home. Yuhan would be leaving in a couple of hours for Boston and he wanted to apologize for what he did and hoped that Yuhan wouldn’t be too angry with him for not coming home yesterday night.

Minseok waved his palm in the air before a taxi pulled over by the nearby sidewalk. He opened the door and found himself seating beside a total stranger who came in from the other side of the car at the exact same time he entered.

“Umm… excuse me but I was here first.” The stranger said.

Minseok glared at the man and flipped his imaginary hair. “Actually, I was the one who called for this taxi. So technically, this taxi belongs to me.”

The other man rolled his eyes, making Minseok pout in frustration “Are you getting out or what?”

“I think ‘or what’” The stranger replied with a smug.

Minseok palms balled into fists “That’s not fair, I was here first!”

The stranger nonchalantly waved off Minseok’s comment before he directed his attention to the taxi driver “99, Tailwind St. please.”

“Hey! Did you not hear what I just said? I. WAS. HERE. FIRST.” Minseok spat.

“Fine, the taxi can take you wherever you need to go first but I’m not leaving.” The stranger replied with a straight face; Minseok at a loss for words because why in the world would a person go through all this trouble for a damn taxi.

Minseok puffed out his cheeks “Fine! Mr. Taxi-shi, could you drop me at Seoul National Hospital?”

The stranger raised his eyebrow at Minseok.

“I don’t want you knowing where I live.” Minseok said coldly before turning around to focus on the view of the window.

The other man chuckled “Too easy.”

 

-----

 

Minseok slammed the taxi door shut but not before paying as he ran to the entrance of the hospital, avoiding the walk home since he didn’t want the stranger, who was obviously still behind his back, knowing what direction his house was. The guy might be a thief or worse, a killer. Minseok didn’t want to take any chances; he was beginning to feel the paranoia Courtney Cox felt in Scream when the person behind the mask is seconds away from stabbing you right in the—

“-AGH!” Minseok yelled when the stranger appeared in front of him, the guy coming from the hallway that intersected where Minseok was walking, and jumping in front of Minseok’s face whilst scaring the out of him.

“Why the hell are you following me?!” Minseok demanded while he pushed the other man aside, bumping shoulders as he continued his march to his boyfriend’s office.

“I just wanted to make sure you got home safe.” The stranger replied with a cheeky grin.

Minseok scoffed “Does it look like I’m home?” He said sarcastically.

The stranger shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know, are you? You could be severely mentally deranged or something and presumed all your life that this big, tall, white building is where you live.” The stranger teased.

“Hey! Just so you know, my boyfriend is a doctor in this build—” Minseok slapped his yap shut with his hand. He was not supposed to let that slip, especially to a complete stranger.

The man raised his eyebrow “You’re… boyfriend?”

“Son of a , Yuhan is going to kill me!” Minseok mentally screamed. No one other than him, Yuhan, and their closest friends knew about their relationship; since same- relationships were and are such a huge taboo in Korea and practically detrimental to a person’s career. That’s why they decided to keep it on the down low. Because if anyone of Yuhan’s co-workers were to find out that he was gay, not only was his job in jeopardy but their entire lives would be as well.

Minseok composed himself before he stopped dead in his tracks to face the other man “Look, I don’t know who you are but—”

“-Kim Jongdae” The other man finished,

Minseok rolled his eyes “Fine, whatever, Listen here Jongdae. Could you kindly stop following and forget that we ever had this conversation?”

Jongdae thought about it for a couple of seconds before smiling “No.”

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows “No? What you do you mean ‘no’?”

“I mean, No I won’t stop following and this conversation isn’t even finished so it’ll be really hard to forget about it at the moment since we’re still talking to each other.” He reasoned while Minseok dug his nails into his thighs.

Minseok took a deep breath “Jongdae-shi, what do you want?”

“I just want to you to wherever you need to go.” Jongdae replied.

Minseok grew suspicious “I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.”

“Huh, why not?” Jongdae replied, his feline-like lips forming a hint of a pout which Minseok commanded himself not to find the least bit cute.

“Ugh… because… you… and….” Minseok began to trail off when a male nurse passed by and gave Jongdae a high five.

“What was that?” Minseok questioned.

“What was what?” Jongdae looked back at Minseok who he noticed had very delicious looking arms. (Jongdae’s erted mind, not the author’s.)

“Do you work out?” Jongdae asked.

“Huh?” Minseok replied, a bit taken aback from the randomness of the question.

“Huh?” Jongdae now glued to the other’s eyes that kind of reminded him of his pet bunny he once had in the fifth grade.

“Mr. Kim?” A voice said; interrupting their staring session as both men turned around “Yes?” They both said at the same time.

The nurse looked at the two men, who began to stare at him, as he formed a letter ‘o’ with his mouth in realizing his error. There were just too many Kim’s in Korea. “Ugh… not you Jongdae, I actually need to have a word with Minseok-shi for a minute.”

Jongdae planted his feet firm on the ground. “Its fine Ken, whatever you need to say to Minseok, you can say it in front of me.”

Minseok rolled his eyes “That couldn’t be any further from the truth and why does everyone here know you?!”

“Please, you were practically staring at me the whole time with your cute little bunny eyes.” Jongdae smirked.

Minseok felt his ears heat up “N-No I wasn’t! I just couldn’t believe a human being could look this ugly.”

Jongdae stamped his palm to his chest while his mouth opened wide in horror, pretending to act hurt. “H-How could you say such a thing Jagiya…”

“Ahem…” Ken’s voice once again interrupting their… whatever you call it, before Minseok mumbled an apology as Jongdae snickered beside him, not willing to move and inch since he made it perfectly clear that he wasn’t going anywhere.

“Minseok-shi, Dr. Lee told me to give this to you.” Ken said as he handed Minseok a Manila folder. “He said it was important.”

Minseok nodded in response “I see, thanks Ken.”

Ken smiled before he walked away; leaving the two Kim’s to bicker ‘til their heart’s content.

“So… you’re dating Dr. Lee?” Jongdae said as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“If you really must know, the answer is yes.” Minseok replied with a smug before he opened the folder and out came a stack of different papers and documents. He rummaged through the different sheets before his eyes scanned the first page that had big, red, lettering plastered on the front.

Minseok’s eyes widened, his throat suddenly clamping up. He gulped before he turned over the first page to view the next. He closed his eyes as a tear escaped as it trailed down the outlines of his cheekbones.  

Jongdae cursed incoherently as he watched the shorter male’s face suddenly become contorted.   

“Minseok…. I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean what I said. I was just kidding around…” Jongdae apologized, though Minseok wasn’t really looking for one out of him. The now crying boy was more focused on the papers than the annoyingly sweet guy beside him.

Minseok couldn’t speak as he the ball of his foot and made a dash for the exit.

Jongdae was going to run after the shorter boy until he noticed that Minseok came to a halt as the boy sat down on one of the benches near the bus stop.

He carefully watched the older boy before and idea popped in his head "Coffee!"

 

---

 

Minseok was lying on the bench crying. He was sniffling while trying to hold back his tears as he lied on his back. He looked at the sky and couldn’t help but notice that the weather seemed to match what he was feeling at the moment…

Like .

“Coffee?” A voice interrupted his thoughts as he slowly sat back up and turned to the grinning man standing beside him holding two cups of coffee.

“Huh?” Minseok replied, his mind not fully grasping the situation.

“You know, Coffee?-” Jongdae chuckled. “A hot drink made from the roasted and ground beanlike seeds of a tropical shrub.”

Minseok weakly smiled “That’s not what I meant” He replied.

“I know, but it’s better than the whole stereotypical “Would you like to have coffee sometime?” charade people always use to ask someone out on a first date.” Jongdae said as he handed the sniffling male his cup of coffee.

Minseok took a sip before a smile crept up on him “Thanks… so… first date huh?” Minseok said as Jongdae began to blush a light shade of pink.

Jongdae sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck before replying “Stop humoring me… I thought you were dating Mr. Rich, Fancy, Doctor Man?”

Minseok sighed before he handed Jongdae the folder “Apparently, not anymore.” He replied as he felt his eyes water up again.

Jongdae looked through the papers and understood why Minseok was feeling the way he was feeling. “EVICTION NOTICE” he read. And just below it was the signature of Lee Yuhan, the owner of the property. The papers practically instructing the small boy to either move out of their house in one week or risk getting fined. Presuming that Minseok was still living with the man, which judging by the reaction, he still was.

“You can gloat now.” Minseok said and that’s when Jongdae felt a real pang in his heart because watching Minseok sad and heartbroken wasn’t anything to be gloating about.

“He’s an .” Jongdae said as he threw away the papers in the trash bin beside them.

Minseok smiled “I know…-” he paused “-I don’t even know why I stuck around… I just didn’t know where else to go… I’m so stupid.”

Jongdae put his arm around the other before he nodded in agreement “I gotta agree with you on the stupid part.”

“Hey” Minseok protested before he weakly punched a laughing Jongdae on the shoulder.

The laughing died down as a couple seconds of silence passed by before Jongdae stood up whilst reaching his hand out for Minseok to take.

“What are you doing?” Minseok asked suspiciously but nonetheless took the other’s hand with his own.

“I’m taking you out.” Jongdae replied.

“Why?” Minseok asked.

“We are dating after all.” Jongdae said as he pulled the other out of the hospital and near the tall trees that lead to the park.

Minseok gawked “What makes you think I’m ready to start dating again?”

Jongdae smirked “You just did.”

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Huh?”

Jongdae stepped back a couple of steps before he gestured his hand out for Minseok to shake. “Hi, my name is Jongdae. Would you like to have coffee with me sometime?”

Minseok laughed because damn, Kim Jongdae was good.

“Sorry, I actually just had some with a rather cute looking guy just a few minutes ago, maybe next time.” Minseok replied before he skipped away, leaving a dumbstruck Jongdae to ponder with his thoughts.

“YAH!”

But Kim Minseok was better.

 

 


[a/n] Please help by clicking this! Thank you ^^ and Don't Forget to Subscribe and Comment! :)

So Xiuchen is alive and cheesy as hell. The next four chapters will be mostly about the side couples, which at the end of the series will reveal more drama about Hunhan and their fate, dun dun dun. Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback regarding the story. I was suprised that you guys were actually really kind about it. Though a lot of you asked if I had forgotten about the other couples and the answer is..

Of course not! The next chapter will focus mostly on Baekyeol and Taoris (with Hunhan and maybe Sulay, I'm not sure yet) and just to clarify, this is a Hunhan centered fic. If I didn't write about the other couples, doens't mean I forgot about them, I just dedicated the chapter to Hunhan solely because this is a Hunhan fic after all. But also, Thank you so much to the people who sent me feedback, it meant a lot. :) and to those who didn't, I'll just thank you for reading this story. XD

Oh and lmao, yes Luhan is still a ED teacher but in my country (I don't know in yours) they don't really teach the entire school year so Luhan is on his Christmas break since it's 2 weeks before X-mas here. Sehun still needs to tell luhan that he got expelled and yatayata. XD

Well, that's enough a/n, ln other news... I'm back in school and Chemistry is not ma life, I would rather do without it. But the K-pop concert is this Saturday!!! AGH! I canNOT wait! I'm going to see Sehun!!! X33333

AND THANK YOU TO OVER 300 SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Donghae gives me liiiiiiife! <3