-Chapter 39-

-E S C A P E-

“Oppa! What are you planning?” Sooyonug asked once again

“This should be settled once and for all!” Siwon said, “I’m tired of sitting and watching everything and not being able to do something about it!”

“So what are you planning?” Kibum asked Siwon

“This time, they’ll be the one to sit and watch” Siwon said as he took his phone from his pocket and started dialing numbers.

“I want you to gather everyone, right now” Siwon said on the other line and immediately hang up.

He was about to go but Taeyeon stopped him.

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked

“Back to the company” Siwon said

They all went to the company through Siwon’s van. They split into two. Kibum, Yoona, Seohyun, Kyuhyun, Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk, Taeyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Donghae and Siwon were all going to the company while the other van used by Kangin, Tiffany, Heechul, Jessica, Sungmin, Sunny and Ryeowook were on finding Lee Sooman.

As soon as Siwon arrived at the company, they divided. Siwon along with Sooyoung, Donghae and Taeyeon will head straight to the confession hall while Seohyun, Kyuhyun and Yuri are in charge of the CCTV cameras and Kibum, Yoona, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk are in charge of the security. They quickly went into their positions and Siwon went to the confession hall.

Before charging inside the confession hall, Sooyoung stopped Siwon.

“What are you planning? REALLY!” Soyoung asked worriedly

Siwon put his hands on her shoulders, “Don’t worry. I promise you, after this, there’ll be no more fighting. We’ll end this right now!”

“I’m scared” Sooyoung said teary eyed almost in a whisper

“I’m here!” Siwon assured her, “This is it!”

Siwon looked at Sooyoung then to Taeyeon and smiled to her. He then looked at Donghae and nod. And together they opened the door making a grand entrance.

Meanwhile, Seohyun, Yuri and Kyuhyun already took in charge of the CCTV cameras without any difficult.

“Unnie! I can’t believe we got in so easily. It was all thanks to you!” Seohyun said complimenting Yuri

“Aniyo! I just did what’s right” Yuri said

“But how did you know where to go and how many are inside?”

“Ah! Err~ just in the movies I watch” Yuri said embarassed

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun said calling Eunhyuk through his phone,”We got you covered. We’re here”

“Do you see anything strange around?” Eunhyuk asked

“Nothing as of the moment. We’ll call you right away if there’s any”

“Good. What’s going on at the confession hall?”

“They’re dumb founded. Kim Youngmin is there but no sign of Lee Sooman”

“I’ll call you back. I’ll ask Wookie”

Eunhyuk quickly called Ryeowook who was with Sunny and Sungmin. They were inside of Lee Sooman’s mansion.

“We still haven’t seen him.” Ryeowook answered

“Is that so? How about Kangin-hyung?”

“They’re heading to the golf club. We found out that he was there early this morning. They went there just in case they got some useful information about his whereabouts”

“How was Sunny? Is she still--??”

“Ne. I think she was the most shocked of all. Sungmin hyung is comforting her anyway”

“Arasso. I’ll just update you”

Just when Eunhyuk hanged up the phone, they heard something. “What was that?”

“SHhh—“ Hyoyeon mouthed him but something moved again. This time, it was behind them.

Eunhyuk was about to go there and check out but the lights went out and suddenly.

“AHHHH~” someone screamed. It was Yoona.

“Yoona!” Kibum shouted calling her but she was already gone and could not be seen

“What the hell happened? Where is Yoona?” Kibum asked searching in the darkness

Suddenly, they heard footsteps again. Both Eunhyuk and Kibum heard and felt it. They tried punching and kicking it.

“Don’t touch me!” Hyoyeon yelled

They both quickly tried to find Hyoyeon.

“HYO? WHERE ARE YOU???” Eunhyuk yelled out in despair, “KYU! The lights!!!”

In a minute, the lights went back but Hyoyeon and Yoona were already gone. They tried searching the whole area but they couldn’t find them.

“Hyung, what happened?” Kyuhyun called

“They got Yoona and Hyoyeon” Kibum answered panting

“WHAT?” Seohyun asked worriedly, “Who are they?”

“I’ll check the basement and the whole area outside the building” Kyuhyun said making a quick scan of all the videos where they might find who did it. “I see it! I think I did!”

“Where? Where are they?” Eunhyuk quickly asked

“They went through the escape route behind the exit door- the one at the side of the building. I’m not sure but I saw 3 men going that way in a suit. One carries Yoona”

“Where do they go?”

“I’m not quite sure. That part doesn’t have any CCTVs. From what I know, it has two ways, which leads both out of the town, north and south, either which I don’t know.”

“Ok. Got it. No matter what happens, stay there. I’ll call Kangin-hyung and the others of what happened. It could be Lee Sooman”

Both Eunhyuk and Kibum went to the escape route Kyuhyun pointed. Meanwhile, at the confession hall…

“What’s this meeting all about?” The other board member exclaimed

“And why are these people here?” The other said

Kim Youngmin stood up, “Mr. Lee, Ms. Choi, Mr. Choi and Ms. Kim. What a surprise you have made.” Kim youngmin said

“I thought that this meeting is confidential!?” The board member said saying rather than asking

“It is!” Siwon said

“But you are not part of this meeting”

“Excuse me!” Mr. Park said stepping in. He was Siwon’s father’s secretary, “I believe that you got it all wrong”

Siwon hold his hand making Mr. Park stop.

“Well, according to the rules, each and every one of this company’s artists has a share of .005% with a total of 10% if you sum all the shares of the artists excluding BoA and Kangta.”

“What do you mean?”

“As a representative of this company’s artists, we have a proposal to make and we would like to have a quick voting right now” Siwon said

“But that’s not the meeting is all about!” The other board member stood up, “We all know that the President called this meeting!”

Everyone started agreeing then arguing of where was the President.

“Everyone calm down!” Mr. Park exclaimed, “Can’t you see? The President is right in front of you!”

They were all shocked including Taeyeon, Donghae and Sooyoung. The other board members laughed at it.

“Who? This kid? If he’s the President, then I am the King!”

Siwon smiled, “Really? If you are the King, what kingdom do you own? Perhaps, not the Kingdom of idiots!”

Everyone turned quite. Siwon then took the big chair in front of them, the one opposite to Kim Youngmin.

“I am the President of this company- Choi Siwon.” Siwon smiled a bit, “You don’t believe? You don’t believe that the kid you are referring to- the one you are belittling is actually the President of this company? Mr. Park!”

“According to the documents, Mr. Lee has 13.5%, Mr. Kim has 12.5%, Mr. Hanazawa has 10.4%, Mr. Bae has 9.5%, Mr. Qing has 7.6%, Mr. Yoon has 6%, Mr. Seo has 5.5% and the artists’ share has 10%, with a total of 75%.” Mr. Park said

“There’s got to be mistake. Mr. Takamura and Mr. Chan own 10%, so it’s a total of 85%.” Mr. Ahn corrected

“Mr. Takamura and Mr. Chan already give their rights to the President as they sold their shares to him fully”

“Which means—“ Donghae said

“The President owns 25% of the company shares. He has the biggest share so therefore he’s automatically the President. Of course!” Taeyeon said sounding ridiculous to herself

Suddenly, 10 men came in holding each a folder containing what seems to be a confidential paper. Each of them was given one. Taeyeon sat at the chair reserved for the artists’ representative at the right side of Siwon.

“Now the proposal we want to make is-“Siwon said

“The disposal of Mr. Kim Youngmin as the CEO of the Star Museum Entertainment and Group of Companies” Sooyoung said

“What the--?” Mr. Bae said.

They all started chatting silently.

“But you see, disposing Mr. Kim as the CEO will have to have the presence of the Group of Company’s CEOs.” Mr. Cha said “And right now only 6 are present”

“We will only have to worry Mr. Lee” Siwon said, “Mr. Hanazawa and Mr. Qing already had signed the papers which Mr. Park already has”

“Then, the voting can’t be made. Mr Lee has the biggest share aside from the President himself” Mr. Bae said

Suddenly, Mr. Park stepped in once again. This time, he whispered something to Siwon. In 30 seconds, the doors opened and Mr. Lee entered. Sooyoung was shocked and could almost not move upon seeing him. Donghae went to her side, helping her with her balance.

“I was informed about this meeting called by the President” Mr. Lee said transferring his looks to Siwon

He then went to his seat which is at the left side of the President.

“It was a surpsire how you made such a swiftly move. I was taken aback that the President of my company was my own artist.” Mr. Lee smiled

“I won’t bet on it!” Siwon said which made Mr. Kim smile even more.

“Shall we proceed?” Mr. Lee said

“As said earlier, this meeting is about the disposal of Mr. Kim as the CEO of SM Entertainment and Group of Companies” Siwon said

“The reasons of disposing Mr. Kim as the CEO were written on the paper inside the folder you are holding. The evidences which support the proposal were as follows.”

“THIS IS ABSURD!” Mr. Yoon exclaimed, “These reasons are ridiculous!”

“Really? I don’t think so. Weren’t those reasons the ones you used in disposing Mr. Lee of his position as the CEO of SM as well?” Siwon said in a firm tone which made everyone else shiver in their places, “I personally think that the reasons stated were valid enough to dispose Mr. Kim”

“But isn’t this a bit inhuman? Having Mr. Kim here with us discussing in front of him about his disposition?” Mr.  Ahn asked

“If we think it carefully, talking about Mr. Kim’s disposition in front of him is nowhere inhuman, if by that we have the same definition of inhuman. In fact, I have been considering Mr. Kim as he has made a lot of contributions to this company. Talking about his disposition in front of him may give him the benefits of defending himself and also the right of knowing the reasons of his disposition.” Siwon said, “I have been long thinking about this. The answer to the growing crisis the company is facing is not simply by disposing the CEO nor, changing the rules, the staffs nor the system. We need a permanent solution and that’s what I am proposing next after the first proposal.”

“We shall make our votings now” Mr. Park said

Both Donghae and Sooyoung went outside of the confession hall. Sooyoung was still shaking upon seeing Lee Sooman again. Suddenly, Seohyun ran to them.

“Unnie!” Seohyun said panting

“Seohyun-ah! Why are you running? What’s wrong?” Donghae asked

“Oppa, Unnie!” Seohyun cried, “They took Yoona-unnie and Hyoyeon-unnie. I don’t know who they are. They attacked them and took them. Kibum-oppa and Eunhyuk-oppa are after them”

“Who could possibly do this?” Donghae asked

Sooyoung was still frozen, taken aback by the sudden news.

“Oppa, why are you outside. Did something happen?” Seohyun asked

“Ne. Lee Sooman finally showed up”

“WHAT?”

Suddenly, Sunny, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Kangin and Tiffany came back.

“We heard what happened to Yoona and Hyoyeon” Kangin said

“We immediately ran here. Do you know who could possibly do this?” Tiffany asked but they just shook their head

“How about uncle?” Sunny asked

“He’s inside” Donghae said but immediately stopped Sunny from entering, “We can’t. They’re currently having a meeting”

“What meeting?” Ryeowook asked

“The disposition of Mr. Kim as the CEO of SM Entertainment”

“Where are Siwon and Taeyeon?”

“Taeyon is representing the company’s artist while Siwon is-“ Donghae paused for a while and continued, “Siwon is the President”

“WHAT?” They all were shocked

“I don’t know how Siwon did it but he did it anyway” Donghae said, “But I think Siwon used his influence to get the position. I’m just shocked it all happened so suddenly”

“Wait! Where is Yul?” Ryeowook suddenly asked

“Huh?” Seohyun was shocked, “Omo. I haven’t seen Yuri-unnie since the last 1 hour already. She said she was just going to the comfort room”

Sooyoung suddenly fall into the ground

“UNNIE!”

“SOOYOUNG!”

“Soo, what’s wrong?” Tiffany asked, “You looked so pale!”

“Yuri! Yuri!” Sooyoung cried

“What’s wrong? You know where Yuri is?” Ryeowook asked

“I shouldn’t have let it happen. I should’ve thought of it!” Sooyoung said

“Soo, look at me! Tell me. Where is Yuri?” Donghae asked cupping her chin to make her look at him

“Oppa, Yuri! They got Yuri.”

“How do you know?” Sungmin asked

“I heard her talking with some guy over the phone. She was crying. I wanted to go to her but then I heard the guy said that she wasn’t allowed to say anything to other people. If she does—“

“Do you know where they are?” Tiffany asked

“I’m not sure. I don’t know what the exact place is”

“What do you mean?” Donghae asked

“Mianhae, oppa, I have to go!” Sooyoung stood up

“Wait! There’s no way we’re letting you off alone!” Donghae hold her arms tightly. She could see the seriousness in his eyes. There’s no way Donghae would let go of her that easily

“BUT!--Arasso! Seohyun, Fany, Kangin-oppa and Wookie-oppa go back to Kyuhyun and check all the CCTVS. Don’t ever miss any single detail. Call the others and tell them to get back here. Check every room and every possible route. Pay the most attention to Lee Sooman. Never let him get out of your sight.” Sooyoung said

“Why?” Sungmin asked

“Lee Sooman is capable of anything. He can do whatever he wanted. I’m sure he would approve of Mr. Kim’s disposal but his main goal is getting the company back- in any means.” Sooyoung said

Sooyoung and Donghae immediately went away to find Yoona, Hyoyeon and Yuri. They went to some kind of an abandoned warehouse in the district of Apgujeong.

“How did you know this place? Did they also bring you here?” Donghae asked

“Aniyo.” Sooyoung shook her head, “I just saw it at the pictures Mr. Kobayashi sent me.”

“So, it’s one of the properties Lee Sooman owns?”

“Ne. From what I understand, this place was supposed to be the extension of the project of Lee Sooman himself. He was going to build an academy here similar to the one he disposed of where Yoona and Taeyeon used to attend”

“But this look likes an abandoned building to me. This place is not even suitable to build an academy. It’s dangerous”

“I don’t understand it myself too.”

They first examined the entire area, finding which way to enter and out. They also checked if there were any vehicles around or any possible escape route for them. Then, Donnghae hold out the doorknob to the exit. They would most likely get caught easily if they entered to the entrance. Suddenly, they heard a footstep and so they quickly hide to the bushes in the side and hide. They saw a big man in suit who probably took Hyoyeon and Yoona. He then shut the door behind him and answered a call.

“We got the girls. She is safe. She made a fantastic job in helping us. Yes, Sir. I got it. I’ll immediately call the back up just in case she betrayed us. Yes, Sir.” The man hanged up the phone and before he could even turn around, Donghae hit him in the skull with a metal stool which easily made the man bled. They took him to the side, examine his pocket in case they found something in him and took his phone. Sooyoung then tied him with vines she saw around a rope she found at his suit. Donghae covered his mouth with a masking tape and covered him with soil and leaves and hide him in the bushes.

As they entered, they were careful of not making any noise. From what Sooyoung had noticed there were 3 total cameras outside and 5 cameras inside taking each angle. The only problem they got is how to avoid the Cameras. It doesn’t move anyway unlike those with high technology however, there were not many walls that could cover them. They both run to the pile of old stacks hiding themselves from the cameras.

“As I can see here, there are a total of 5 men including the one we encountered” Donghae said in a very low voice,”That leaves us with 4- not to mention they are heavy weight”

“What? Are you regretting that you came here with me? Should I call Kangin oppa and Siwon oppa now?” Sooyoung teased

“Ya! Of course not” Donghae said making Sooyoung laugh, “It’s a wonder how we can still laugh at this kind of situation.”

“Because I believe in Siwon-oppa on what he said that after that meeting, everything will go back to normal” Sooyoung sounded serious, “And I believe in you that you won’t let anything happen bad today”

They then heard one man approaching. They quickly stopped talking, even breathing and watched to where the man goes. As their eyes follow him, they saw Hyoyeon and Yoona. They were sitting in a single chair and were tied up by the same rope they used to the big guy. Sooyoung turned to Donghae.

“Oppa, do you trust me?” Sooyoung looked at him in the eyes

“Of course!” Donghae didn’t even have a second thought and answer straight away

She hold both of his hands, “No matter what happens, when I tell you to run, you run with Yoona, Hyoyeon and Yuri”

“But-“

“I’ll find my way. I’ll just make sure that they will be safe and wont happen anything to them”

“Sooyoung!-“

“I promise, I won’t get hurt!” Sooyoung said and kissed him in his cheeks

Suddenly, they both felt a hand grabbed them by their shoulders. They both tried letting go from their tight grip but the two guys holding them were really big- like huge.

“Sooyoung!” Yuri called as she saw them

“We found rats in the stacks” The one smaller said who was holding Sooyoung

“Look who do we have here” The man said turning around, “Choi Sooyoung”

They all looked at Sooyoung.

“Why am I not surprised? Of course! It was you” Sooyoung said rolling her eyes, “Get off me you idiot!”

The man who seemed to be their boss looked at him and nod making the smaller guy let go of Sooyoung. The moment Sooyoung stood straightly, she was acting like she wasn’t herself anymore.

“Since when did you actually turn your back from my grandma, Mr. Ki?” Sooyoung asked, “Perhaps the same time Mr. Lee took me with him to Japan, I think?”

“Sooyoung, my Sooyoung. You still don’t get it do you?” Mr. Ki said approaching Sooyoung, “It wasn’t Mr. Lee that’s your enemy here. He’s actually your- what sould I call him?-Savior? Knight in shining armor?”

“Let’s not fool ourselves!” Sooyoung smile evilly, “We both know very well that it was all Mr. Lee. If not, what would be Yoona and Hyoyeon doing here? Or Yuri?”

“Oh! Yuri!” Mr. Ki said chuckling, “I knew you’ll found out. I mean, there’s no secret that could be kept from Choi Sooyoung.”

Mr. Ki grabbed Sooyoung by the collar. Donghae immediately tried wriggling but he couldn’t escape the big man. “We knew the root of this is all you!”

Sooyoung smirk, “Do you still believe that ? Come on! That was ages ago! You and I both know it’s no longer about that! Mr. Kim wanted to take over the company as he believed he deserved it and to run it like his wife hoped and Mr. Lee on the other hand wanted the company for power- neither of them really give a damn care about the artist nor the employees and staffs, NEITHER OF THEM CARES ABOUT YOU, ME—US!!!”

Mr. Ki then let go of Sooyoung and laughed, “So, that’s what it’s all about, huh? The artist? Employees? Staffs?”

“They were the one who makes the company- without them the company wouldn’t be where it is now!”

“Sooyoung, from what I thought you were smart, beautiful and well- talented but you disappoint me.” Mr. Ki said going back to his desk, “It’s no longer about it. It’s all about MONEY and, where there is money, there is power, and if there is power you can have everything that you want!”

“ IT!” Sooyoung said it naturally which made Donghae, Yoona, Hyoyeon as well as Yuri shocked, “We both know what happened to your father when he had too much power!”

“Father?” One of the big guys asked can’t helping themselves be intrigued

“Oh! You didn’t tell them!” Sooyoung said, “What happened to him again? Suicide? Damn it! Even the rats wouldn’t believe it! He was murdered and apparently the one who murdered him is—“

“STOP!!! You know nothing about my father’s death!”

“Oh! You’re wrong. I know everything, every single detail about his death. You know how?” Sooyoung said approaching him and lean on his ear to whisper, “Lee.Soo.Man”

Sooyoung then went to the couch and sat where Yuri was watching them.

“You’re lying!”

“No, I’m not. You should know because you are the one who sent me that box! Don’t tell me your curiosity wasn’t even present and you didn’t even check it? It was all there- all of his files!” Sooyoung said, “He had your father’s death investigated. And you know what I found out? His stupid moron men accidentally killed him. It wasn’t really him their target”

“You’re lying! ALL THE LIES CHOI SOOYOUNG!” Mr. Ki grew frustrated

Sooyoung was shaking deep inside and Yuri can see it but she shoved it away like it was nothing. Sooyoung then stood up, “YOU! THE BIG GUY! If im not mistaken you worked for Sooman for 10 years already. You used to be his right arm”

“Was it true?” Mr. Ki asked the guy but the guy was just looking away

“I told you! When did I ever lie to you, Jungkook?” Sooyoung said in a confident tone

Mr. Ki went to the big man and punched him straight in the face which left the guy let go of Donghae and fell to the ground. Mr. Ki went on top of him and grabbed by his suit. “TELL ME! What do you know of my father’s death?”

“Contrary to what Lee Sooman told you, this guy actually was one of the stupid moron men who killed him”

“IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!” The guy frightened

Mr. Ki immediately punched him 5 times in the face and went off him. When the guy was about to stood up, Mr. Ki took out a gun and aimed straight in his face between his eyes and shoots him leaving him lifeless on the ground. The smaller guy who probably was the big guy’s brother was about to attack Mr. Ki but was also shot in the forehead before he could lay his fingers on him. They were all shocked.

“ IT! IT! IT!” Mr. Ki shouted punching the desk with his fist

Donghae immediately went to Yoona and Hyoyeon to untie them when everyone else was busy watching the wholse scene. Mr. Ki was on his knees, crying. Sooyoung turned to Yuri and shook her head signaling her to go with Donghae who was done untieing Yoona and Hyoyeon. They all stood up and were ready to go.  Sooyoung went to Mr. Ki to calm him down. He was still holding his gun.

“You know who you should go after” Sooyoung said in a soft voice, “You know who killed your father”

“I did everything to avenge my father’s death. My father- he was a good man! He doesn’t even know how to hold a gun! All he ever does was work hard for the company- for my mother- for us!”

“You should go to him” Sooyoung said

She turned to Donghae and mouthed him “run” but Donghae didn’t want to. Sooyoung looked at him straight in the eye convincing him to go.

Unfortunately, Mr. Ki wasn’t dumb enough not to notice what Sooyoung was trying to do. He caught Donghae with Yoona, Hyoyeon and Yuri and was ready to go. Suddenly, they all heard a loud siren. There were cops around. The other guy who was also in suit came pointing a gun to Donghae.

“Cops are here” The guy said to Mr. Ki after going through the two dead bodies on the ground, “We should go”

Mr. Ki stood up slowly and suddenly grabbed Sooyoung.

“Don’t hurt her!” Donghae shouted

“SOOYOUNG!” The girls cried

“I won’t let you have a happy ending. You knew it all from the start. It was you who played us. I won’t go to hell without you; I’ll drag you with me!” He was about to hit her but Sooyoung was able to free herself and with swift quick moves, she twist his arm and hit him in the back sending him unconscious.

“RUN” Sooyoung shouted

They all tried to run but they forgot the other guy. He was going to shoot them. Sooyoung saw him and quickly took out a gun she took from the guy they encountered first and they fire at the same time. Sooyoung was able to shoot him bull’s eye. However, the guy’s bullet pierced through her left chest. She fell to the ground.

“SOOYOUNG! SOOYOUNG!” Donghae shouted

The cops immediately went in along with Siwon and Taeyeon. They all went to gather around Sooyoung. Sooyoung could hear everything but couldnt move, not even speak or blink. Her visions are blurring. She then saw the paramedics coming to get her and the last thing she saw was Donghae’s face crying.