-Chapter 37-

-E S C A P E-

Finally, Sooyoung and Donghae were at the last day of filming for the MV. They were going to shoot at the Old Church in Gwangju. The staffs were already preparing the whole set when the two had come. They were in one van. Donghae was the first one to get out of the van. As he went out, he helped Sooyoung by taking her hand. There were few people around because it’s still early. Suddenly, an old woman walked by and came to them.

“Agassi!” the old woman called out happily, “You’re back!”

Sooyoung looked nervously at Donghae and then turned to the old woman and smiled.

“Ne” Sooyoung nod politely

“It’s been months until we last met” The old woman said happily taking her by hands, “I’m glad to see that you’re finally ok.”

“Kamsamhamnida” Sooyoung smiled as cheerful as she can

“Do you live somewhere near, Halmuhni?” Donghae asked politely

The old woman nod, “Ne. I lived next door to the Lees”

“Lee? Could it be perhaps Mrs. Lee Jung-ah?”

“ne” The old woman clasped her hands happily, “That woman was living alone. It was such an unfortunate thing to see her like that after everything but she’s living life happily. I can tell”

“Chincha?” Donghae seemed to be overwhelmed by the news, “It was a good thing”

“By the way, what’s your name? You look familiar to me” The old woman examined Donghae’s face

“Ah! Aniyo, you have been mistaken” Donghae said his smile suddenly felt fake

“Halmuhni! It’s his first time here” Sooyoung covered up, “Aren’t you going to go somewhere?”

“Oh! Ne! I have to go to the market” The old woman said, “Thanks for mentioning anyway, I got to go. It was nice seeing you again.”

“Me too, halmuhni. Take care of yourself on your way” Sooyoung said as she waved goodbye to the old woman who went on her way

“Oh by the way! Don’t come to his grave today! There are muds all over the place. It will only get you dirty” the old woman shouted as loud as she could and go on her way

“What does she mean?” Donghae asked Sooyoung, “Whose grave is she talking about?”

“Ah! Err~ It was my grandma’s sister’s grave she was referring to” Sooyoung lied nervously, “Let’s get in!”

Donghae shook his head, "But I heard she said "he"..."

Sooyoung and Donghae were now at the dressing room. At the final scene, the 2 characters were going to have made their bows at the altar.

Donghae was the first one to finish. He was talking with the director when suddenly Sooyoung finally stepped in. She was wearing a white dress and a headband with beautiful flowers at her long beautiful curled hair. Everyone was amused and loved her. She was so beautiful that she looked like an angel that has fallen down in earth.

“Sooyoung!” Donghae said looking at her

“What?” Sooyoung asked shyly

“You look so beautiful” Donghae said making Sooyoung looked at him

“YA! Will you stop making fun of me? Aish! Why does everyone keep looking at me? I feel so uncomfortable!”

“EVERYONE!” Donghae shouted, “Go back to work and stop looking at Sooyoung!”

“Chincha?! Are you crazy?” Sooyoung said feeling even more embarrassed

“Why? At least no one’s looking at you now!”

Sooyoung then left Donghae and went to the altar where they were going to make their bows. Donghae followed her.

“It’s beautiful in here, right?” Donghae said looking at the whole church

Sooyoung continues looking at the altar, examining the statues and the design, ignoring Donghae.

“Did you know that there’s a story behind this?” Donghae asked making Sooyoung looked at him

“It’s a tragic sad love story!” Sooyoung answered confidently, “It’s almost the same as ‘Romeo and Juliet’”

“You think so? But you know all the writers write plays or novels because of inspiration and they get inspiration to their surroundings”

“So you mean to say, Shakespeare only tried to copy the story and write a version of his?”

“I didn’t say anything like that! It’s what you assumed!” Donghae said playfully

“Ok! READY ON SET! WE’LL START FILMING IN 30 SECONDS. EVERYONE PLACES!” The staff shouted

“But that’s what you are trying to say!” Sooyoung said

They were arguing right in the middle of the aisle of the church, going to their places.

Donghae faced in front while Sooyoung did the same. They still continued to argue.

“Come to think of it, which one comes first?” Donghae asked

“Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet in 15th century and as if the story you are saying existed by that time!” Sooyoung said

“So you mean, those people copied the story?” Donghae let out a snort, “Why would anyone, real people try to bring back that story in real life?”

“Because they are fan of Shakespeare?!”

 “Impossible! You know what I think? I think no one can really say what the truth behind those stories is! Even the greatest historian can never say so!”

“EXACTLY!” Sooyoung agreed

“3, 2, 1 and go!” the director said

They finally started walking down the aisle with Donghae first and then Sooyoung. It was just like the wedding ceremony in real life. And when they finally reached the altar, they made their bows just exactly like the couples getting married.

“I promise to love you in sickness and in health-“

“And remain loyal to you ‘til death to us part”

Donghae slowly lift up the veil, looking at Sooyoung staright in her eyes. He then kissed her in the lips making everyone else die in sweetness. They all thought it was a perfect wedding. They almost thought it was a real wedding ceremony. Finally the director had said cut and they all clapped their hands together. Donghae looked at Sooyoung.

However, Sooyoung seemed shocked. She then turns away and soon went outside of the church to get some air. Donghae followed her.

“Soo! I’m so sorry” Donghae apologized. He then noticed something, “Are you ok?”

He went to her and sees that she’s crying, shaken.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing! Go away!” Sooyoung said pushing him

“No! I won’t go until you told me what’s happening with you!!!”

“You want to know? Fine!” Sooyoung looked at him, “I HATE YOU AND I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH! I hate myself for loving you! I should have never loved you! Because I love you so much, I made a mistake, a huge mistake!”

“Sooyoung, what do you mean? I don’t-“

“I should have never gone after you that day! If I didn’t follow you, he would still be alive! It’s my entire fault! I should be the one to blame! I killed him!”

“Sooyoung- you…you remember everything now?” Donghae asked with his trembling voice.

Sooyoung nods, still crying.

“Since when?”

“I went back here earlier and stayed at Gwangju for 3 months. By that time, I discovered everything and I eventually remembered everything” Sooyoung was crying, “I met his mom. I felt so guilty as I was the reason why he died.”

“No! Don’t! Don’t blame yourself, Sooyoung. It’s not your fault” Donghae said hugging Sooyoung,”its no one else’s fault. Don’t blame yourself.”

“Donghae, how could you say something like that? He’s your cousin! You should be hating me and not comforting me!”

“But what am I supposed to do? He’s long dead, Sooyoung! I knew how painful it was, he was like a brother to me but Sooyoung, I love you. How do you suppose me to get mad at the person I love most dearly and affectionately?”

Sooyoung stared at him only for a while. She couldn’t look at him. It reminds her of what she has to go through just to be with this man. They then went back to the van. Donghae asked the director if they could stop the filming as Sooyoung was not feeling well. They then went to the practice room. They were holding each other’s hands tight. Sooyoung looked at him with some worry printed in her face but Donghae give her a reassuring smile. He tucked one strand of her to her left ear. As they opened the door, they saw them all there.

“Oppa!” Bianca said hugging Donghae right away. At that instant, Sooyoung let his hand go. Bianca then let go and greet Sooyoung, “Hi, Soo!”

“Bianca, what are you doing here?” Donghae asked bothered that Sooyoung let go of his hand

“Hmm? I’m waiting for you” Bianca said

Sooyoung then saw how they all looked at her. She finally figured out why.

“Did you tell them anything?” Sooyoung asked Bianca

“Huh? Oh! I only told them few things since I don’t really know everything!” Bianca said

“Sooyoung! How could you do that?!” Taeyeon almost exclaimed

“What was that?” Donghae asked curiously, “What did you tell them?”

“I only told them what I know!”

“What is it?” Donghae exclaimed angrily

“I told them that Sooyoung told me she got into an accident that made her forget everything and she finally regains her memories!” Bianca exclaimed

“Wha-what else di-did you say?” Sooyoung was shaking, hardly breathing.

“What else? -That you were the reason why Kim youngmin lost his family. You’re the reason why they died! You were the one driving the car that hit the taxi they were riding. It was all because of you why she died and now Kim Youngmin and Lee Sooman are fighting all because of you!”

Sooyoung gasped. “Aniyo!” Sooyoung said still shaking, “I didn’t mean to do it!”

“Sooyoung! Looked at me! It’s not your fault!” Donghae said taking her by her face

“Oppa! What are you saying? She killed them!” Bianca blurted

“SHUT UP, WILL YOU?!!! GET OUT OF HERE! RIGHT NOW!” Donghae exclaimed, “AND DON’T YOU EVER DARE COME BACK HERE AGAIN!!! That means WE’RE THROUGH!”

Bianca leaves bitterly. Meanwhile, Donghae put Sooyoung at the bench, trying to calm her down.

“I didn’t mean to do it! I swear!” Sooyoung said

“I know! I believe you!”

“I didn’t mean to do it, I just want to- I-!” Sooyoung stood up and tried to run but Donghae stopped her and immediately hugged her

“Let me go! I said let me go! You don’t believe me! No one believes me!” Sooyoung was crying so hard

“I’m so sorry, Sooyoung. I should have never left you! It’s my fault” Donghae said to her

“Wait~ You- know?” Sooyoung looked at Doghae’s eyes. “You remember everything? But Grandma told me you-“

It took long before she realized. Memories from before flashes in her mind instantly that could support everything. It was no doubt he remembered.

“I remember everything, Soo” Donghae confessed looking straight at her eyes, “I do”

“How?” Sooyoung asked bravely

Donghae breathe hard, “I was hoping that I could just pretend I don’t remember everything but I can’t. I want to tell you what I know but the thing is you don’t remember evertyhing about us. It was when we filmed for the photoshoot”

“That long?” Sooyoung gasped unbelievably, “It was almost 5 years ago!”

“I know! I was rushed to the hospital secretly. Prince-hyung thought it might be about my disease again but I was cured long ago. No one knew that I remembered everything then. I kept it from everyone else because I thought… I thought that’s the least I could do for you”

Donghae bowed his head, “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry”

Sooyoung took his hands and lift his head, “Why are you apologizing? You didn’t do anything wrong. You did the right thing.”

After a while, Sooyoung has finally calmed down. They were all doing their own business- none of them dare to speak.

“Soo! Are you ok?” Jessica asked, “You knew, didn’t you? You knew that I believed you. I always trusted you and I will always believe everything you say because we knew that you tell the truth”

“The reason why…I was sent to japan is because…” Sooyoung breathe deeply, “Kim Youngmin originally knew everything. And he wanted to send me to Japan because he wanted to make me suffer. He made me choose long before.”

“What do you mean by “made me choose long beofer”?” Siwon asked calmly

“Halmuhni told me that Kim Youngmin knew about me and Donghae. When we come back to Seoul, he had me sent to his office for the first time. And that time, he made me choose.” Sooyoung said, “He’ll make everyone else suffer or I go to Japan and cut all my connections with everyone”

“And you choose to go at Japan” Sunny said

“I couldn’t make any choice and when the Super Junior went to China, I thought everything will be ok and that I can handle it but I was wrong. Lee Sooman-songsaegnim then came to me and told me to accept his offer to go to Japan. If I do that, we can create a plan without getting caught. Lee Sooman-songsagnim told me he had some people to watch for every move he makes so I do everything he told me to. He told me to obey the conditions so Kim youngmin wouldn’t dare to do something to the girls. That was all he said.”

“So what’s songsaegnim planning?” Sungmin asked

“I also don’t know. He doesn’t want to tell me because if he told me and I happen to got to be in danger, the plan would most likely to fail.”

“And Songsaegnim, where is he?” Kangin asked

 “I don’t really know.” Sooyoung said, “But I think you all should know everything now”

“What alse do we need to know?”

Sooyoung was silent for a while, “I’m not quite sure if I really should be saying this but…Lee Sooman-songsaegnim is not the person you’re expecting.”

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is… he changed! I don’t know but I’m not sure if he is the right person we should ask for help” Sooyoung said, “You see- when he told me to go to Japan, I thought he really would like to save the company from Mr. Kim but- I’m not even sure if it’s still all about it. He’s quite different. I could almost tell that he just wants to get back the company and doesn’t really care about anyone.”

“Choi Sooyoung, it’s my uncle you are talking about!” Sunny said

“I know, and I know him but the last time I saw him- he was very different! If only I could show you how he looked!” Sooyoung was very determined, “I don’t really understand it myself.”

“I don’t exactly know what you’re trying to tell us but if that’s the case, we should do something right away!” Kyuhyun said

“So you believe her?!” Sunny exclaimed

“Sunny, we didn’t say anything like that.” Sungmin said

“But you also didn’t say you don’t believe her”

“What we’re trying to say is that we all should be doing something now” Kibum said, “Fighting whether that was true or not will only take our time. We should be doing something as early as possible.”

“We can’t wait any longer! We’ve got not much time left!” Hyoyeon said, “I just found out that Mr. Kim is about to make his move- and that will finish us all!”

“So, what do we do??” Tiffany said

 “You know what? It’s not that I’m not taking this serious!” Yoona said flashing a smile as she states her brilliant idea, “But I think this calls for Super Generation Team!”

“Super Generation team?” both Sooyoung and Donghae laughs

“Seriously?” Donghae said laughing, “You’re kidding, right?”

“No. They’re serious!” Sooyoung said, “And I don’t think it’s a good idea!”

“Actually, I agree with Yoona!” Jessica said putting an evil smile, “It’s going to be good!”