-Chapter 31-

-E S C A P E-

Everyone was at the company again but this time, they were all at the meeting room. A big table occupies the whole room enough for all of the SNSD and SUJU members to sit. They all sat down along with their managers. After a few minutes, Kim Youngmin entered.

He sat at the big chair facing everyone. “Welcome, everyone!”

He looked at all the artist with a smile. “How were you? You’ve been into a lot of activities, prove yourself to the world and finally pays of.”

“Must be good” Yoona could only say. The Super Junior sits before SNSD facing them.

“I’m glad to hear that” Kim Youngmin said with a pleasant tone

“We would like to know, what did you call this meeting for?” Taeyeon asked straight forward. Her voice was upsetting

“Did something happened, Ms. Kim?” Kim Youngmin asked, “Oh, my bad! There were two of you who are Kim here. Well, I’m referring to you, Ms. Kim Taeyeon”

“I believe you know” Taeyeon answered shortly

“I see. You had grown.” His eyes were full of joy once again, “Of course, after those activities, projects, movies, dramas, albums, you should feel even more matured. Then-”

“I never got to ask you a question” Taeyeon said, “Well, we only meet now”

“Oh. Yeah!” Kim Youngmin looked at Taeyeon, “That must be really upsetting. I’m the CEO but I never got to meet my top artists. What an unfortunate thing”

“What was your purpose?”

“Purpose? What do you mean?”

“What was your purpose of doing everything? Power? Money? Or perhaps…Love?” Taeyeon felt throwing up after saying the last word which sounds to her completely ridiculous.

“Ms. Kim Taeyeon, I believe we had a misunderstanding here” Kim Youngmin said, “My job is to keep the company doing well and to make sure that my artists-which includes you- to be on top”

“Liar! We both know you’re up to something!” Taeyeon’s voice raised

“Unnie!” Seohyun held Taeyeon’s hands

“That- I don’t know what you’re talking about” Kim Youngmin said, “But if you care to explain your accusations, you may do so. I don’t object!”

Silence passed by. Taeyeon wanted to say it but she has to be careful or else they all will get into trouble. She decided not to say something.

“Since you aren’t saying anything, I would assume you like to keep it to yourself.” Kim Youngmin proceed, “Well, I know you all had the same question in your mind, ‘What was this meeting for?’. Actually, I ask all of you in here to discuss about your future here with SM. As you all know, your contract with SM will soon come to end and the company would like to renew the contract. Don’t worry, I have come prepared already.”

A couple of men came in with files on their hands. They all came in and started giving each of them a brown folder with the renewed contract inside. They were all shocked to see the contract.

“As you can see, many people especially the fans are complaining saying that ‘we like to see Girls’ Generation and Super Junior be free.’ Or ‘Let them experience how to date and let them live like a normal person’. So the company has decided to change a few things.”

“So, this means, we can expose our relationship in public?” Yoona asked

“Yes and No” Kim Youngmin smiled, “Yes, you can but no you can’t. You need the approval of the agency first before you expose your relationship on public.”

“Wait! So you get to decided, which we go date with and whether we expose it or not?” Tiffany said

“As stated in the contract” Kim Youngmin said, “It’s the best we can do in order to protect our top artists. Besides, I don’t see any wrong in there. It’s all for your own good”

“NO, it’s not” Jessica exclaimed

“Then, are you telling me you want to end up just like Eunhyuk and IU’s scandal?”

“Hey! Careful!” Eunhyuk exclaimed, “It was way long over, besides we all know the truth behind it”

“Oh, I didn’t mean to offend you” Kim Youngmin said, “Well perhaps the best example could be… Yoona and Taecyeon? Is it? Or is it Jessica instead? Was it Jessica and Taecyeon? Ah! It might be Sooyoung and…”

Kim Youngmin looked at Donghae first then transferred his eyes to one of the members, “Siwon?”

“Those dating issues has never once been confirmed true and therefore accepted as rumors” Siwon said calmly but his words and statements never fail to send chills to everyone

“Ah! So it’s not. Then, I guess there’s no problem with the contract seeing how badly handled those issues are, it is the best way for you to be protected from those ‘rumors’ from now on, only if you signed it”

“Fine! It’s not like it’s a big deal though besides I’m really sick of that ‘no dating’ rule.” Taeyeon said. She was trying to hold back her anger clasping her fist below the table.

“Then, sign it.” Kim Youngmin said

Taeyeon was the first one to sign the contract. Seeing how she took the first step, all the members and fellow label mates were shocked. They all soon signed the contract and leave the room. They all went back to the practice room.

“I can’t believe this” Tiffany exclaimed, “I can’t believe he got us signed that crappy contract!”

“Taeyeon-unnie, why did you do it?” Seohyun approached Taeyeon who at that time was sitting at the floor leaning her back against the mirror

“We have no choice. It’s either we sign the contract or forget our job” Taeyeon said emphasizing the word job. For her, it was no longer her thing; it was now a job to do.

“What do you mean? We can just all not sign the contract and find another agency and continue together” Jessica said, “Just like Shinhwa!”

“Sica is right. We have a choice and that is to leave this agency and transfer to other.” Heechul said supporting Jessica

“Then, are you planning to abandon Sooyoung?” Taeyeon asked, “Have you ever thought about her? If we all leave, what about Sooyoung? She’ll be left alone here. She’s already left alone at Japan; do you also want to left her here in this hell?”

“Taeyeon is right! We can’t leave Sooyoung here” Sunny said sitting beside Taeyeon

“We need to wait for Soo to comeback if we wanted to leave this place altogether” Yuri said

“It’s the best option we got” Ryeowook said, “We have to endure another 5 years in this hell”

“No! Actually, we don’t!” Kyuhyun said garnering attention from them, “If we can overthrow Kim Youngmin in his position as CEO then we don’t have to suffer anymore”

“Or we can do this in the legal way” Sungmin said suggesting another option

“Have you all gone mad? Going against the CEO, is it really what you want? Then, have you prepared yourselves for the outcome?” Donghae exclaimed

“We would rather go against the CEO than let him control us. We can never let him do that. I WON’T!” Siwon said a bit bitter, “At least us, we’ll fight for our right. We don’t have to be someone’s puppet”

“What did you say?” Donghae grab Siwon by his collar angrily

Kibum signalled Siwon reminding him about the CCTV planted on the practice room. He was carried away that he almost forgot about it.

“Stop it ok? It’s not helping us” Kangin said stopping Donghae and Siwon from fighting

“I wish Sooyoung would come back. She must have known what to do” Yoona said making them all quiet. “She always knows what to do. She has the answer to everything”

“I don’t know if she’ll ever want to come back anymore” Taeyeon said

“Unnie, what made you say so?” Seohyun asked, “Sooyoung-unnie will come back. That’s for sure”

“I really don’t know, Seohyun.” Taeyeon said before turning to Donghae, “Seeing how bravely someone else here EXPOSED his relationship with his girlfriend to everyone, it’s impossible that Soo wouldn’t know”

“What do you mean? Expose?” Jessica was stunned. She looked at Donghae

“Unnie, what do you mean expose?” Yoona asked Taeyeon making her tell them. Taeyeon sighed.

“Donghae had revealed to everyone about his relationship with Bianca in the Chinese media through an Awarding event a year ago. Plus, Bianca posted their picture together at her account and went viral. Its impossible Soo wouldn’t see it.” Taeyeon said before glaring at Donghae, “Thanks to your girlfriend, the whole world knows your love story.”

“WHAT? She did that? You DID that???” Tiffany was even angrier.

“YA! How come you only think about yourself?” Hyoyeon said, “I don’t know you anymore”

Suddenly, the door opened as their managers enter the room. They all tried to calm down themselves and went in front of their managers.

“You guys must have discussed about the contract signing” SNSD’s Manager said, “I’m so sorry. I should be the one protecting you back there but you see, even us can’t do anything”

 “Aniyo, manager-Oppa” Seohyun said comforting their manager, “You’re also in the same position as us. You’re doing what you can to help us and we’re thankful about it.”

“Anyway, we came here to let you know that you’ll be filming a music video” Manager Prince said

“A music video?” they were surprised

“It’s for a digital single which will be released next month. The concept will be all about an unrequited love between the three characters. It has been decided that Donghae from Super Junior and Yoona from SNSD will film the music video. The location will be at Gwangju” Manager Prince said

“Hyung, you said it’s about an unrequited love between the three characters” Kangin said, “Then, who will play the third character?”

“Ah, they haven’t decided yet who will be but most probably, it’ll be under the same agency.” Manager Prince said, “That’s all for now. You need to be at Gwangju at exactly 7am, ok?”

“Ne” Donghae said                                       

Yoona was a bit upset so she didn’t bother to respond. 

Meanwhile, Donghae was at the rooftop. He was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. He felt exhausted. He wanted to punch himself so hard so  he can finally wake up. but he knew too well that this is the reality. He can't believe it. The door went opened and a man sat down next to him.

"You're really unbelieveable! You'll never let me have some peace of mind, dont you?" Donghae said as he open his eyes, "What is it that you want?"

"Nothing. I just came here to personally tell you that I am glad. You did a good job"

"You came here to tell me those things? Are you mocking me???"

"No, of course not. I will never do that. I am just glad that you played your part very well. I always knew you'd do well but I never thought that you'll be my road to success!"

"If that's all you're going to say, i suggest you leave or better yet, I'll leave"

"Fine! I wont disturb you anymore. However, I still have some things for you to do. Your friends are starting a chaos"

"What? you're afraid of them? You're afraid of what they're capable of? WOW! Finally! After all these years of pretention!"

"I want you to think wisely. If you choose to be with them, you can always do so but remember what might happen. You knew very well, I am not an easy one"

Donghae stand on his feet and close his fist together. He knew it's getting serious.

"Don't you dare touch them! Not even her!" Donghae almost shouted

"You still can't say her name. It must have been very hard for you. She trusted you and gave her all. What do you think she'll think if she found out about your relationship? She'll break down that's for sure!"

"I'm warning you!"

The man then turn his back to him and start to leave. He then stopped for a while. "I'm glad you didnt forget about Sooyoung. She always love you"

He finally left leaving Donghae on his own again. Donghae almost kneel to the ground. He can never forgive himself. Never.