-Chapter 34-

-E S C A P E-

“So you knew” Siwon said with seriousness in his voice. “You were there at the event?”

Sooyoung was silenced for a while. Siwon followed after her. They were at the rooftop.

“Ne.” Sooyoung answered straightly

Siwon went next to her. “We were actually worrying how we are going to tell you but looks like we don’t have to worry anymore”

“I thought it’s going to be ok that I could—“Sooyoung starts to sob, “That I could actually move on”

“I’m sorry, Soo”

“No! You don’t have to-! It’s not your fault anyway” Sooyoung said, “I always knew that it’ll happen. It’s just that- God!- I’m so stupid!”

“Sooyoung! I think you and Hae should talk” Siwon said

“What for? There’s nothing to talk about anymore. It’s clear!”

Meanwhile, when Bianca left, Donghae went back to the the rehearsal room but found Sooyoung not there so he went outside to look for her. He went to the rooftop.

As he went near to the rooftop, he heard Sooyoung’s voice. He was about to go in but he heard another voice. He went closer and saw it was Siwon.

“Sooyoung! I think you and Hae should talk” Siwon said

“What for? There’s nothing to talk about anymore. It’s clear!”

Seeing Sooyoung’s face and how she said it, Donghae felt guilty. He leaned to the wall. He knew how much Sooyoung was hurt by the tone of her voice and seeing her cry.

“I don’t know, Siwon. I don’t know how to trust someone again. I don’t even know what to believe or not!”

“Sooyoung! Don’t be like that. Hae loved you, we all knew that. If he had told you to trust him, there must be something going on”

“I don’t know! But one thing’s for sure: I’m tired already.”

Donghae finally went away feeling so bad.

“Sooyoung, I’m telling you this because you are my friend and I care for you a lot” Siwon said puting an arm to her shoulder, “Ask Hae first. Let him explain. I think he’s not telling anyone of his actions because he wanted to tell you first”

Finally, they were all going back to the dorm after their rehearsal.

“Oh! Wait! I think I left my phone!” Sooyoung said

“Ok, you go get it; we’ll just wait for you here at the lounge” Taeyeon said

“I’ll be right back” Sooyoung said running right away

As they were all waiting for Sooyoung, they take a rest at the company’s lounge.

After minutes, Sooyoung finally came back

“Got it!” Sooyoung said showing her phone.

They were now about to go home when suddenly Kim Youngmin had arrived. Sooyoung was shocked seeing him. She immediately composed herself.

“AH! Sooyoung! Of course! It was you! It’s been a long time.” Kim Youngmin said as soon as he met her, “I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to get you at the airport.”

“Why would you? You’re the CEO!” Sooyoung said smiling widely as possible, “Besides, Lee Sooman-songsaegnim doesn’t do that to us”

“Really?” Kim Youngmin’s voice became firm as soon as Lee Sooman’s name was mentioned

 “You know, I was always grateful to you when you send me to Japan 2 years ago, ALONE! I didn’t thought I’d be such HUGE there! You should have known, there’s no place in Japan that no one doesn’t know me!”

“I was fluttered” Kim Youngmin said putting a smile on again on his face

“Oh don’t be! That’s not something a person like you should feel” Sooyoung said sarcastically but still talking with formalities,”You would rather say ‘My bad! I should have let you stay there longer!’ but that’s ok.”

“Well, you could do anything you want. I won’t stand in your way. Not unless you-“

“And that’s a mistake! You shouldn’t have sent me alone, with no bodyguards at all. That made me feel I was not important to you and to this company. I felt like I was on exile.” Sooyoung showed disappointment in her face

“I’m sorry”

“By the way, you didn’t get to ask what I was known for”

“And may I ask?” Kim Youngmin said, “What were you known for?”

Sooyoung smiles, “Choi Sooyoung, the superstar of new generation. The Goddess of Avex!”

The smile in Kim Youngmin’s face fades. He looks more frowned.

“Because you were so busy, you forget that your artists’ contract may come to expiration. And since you didn’t bother to make the renewal of contract, I decided to sign contract with Avex. Don’t worry; you may still use me since SM is in partnership with Avex. That is- if you were still the CEO.”

Kim Youngmin clasps his fist together. Sooyoung kept a smile on her face.

“You should be very disappointed. “ Kim Youngmin said fixing his glasses before turning to Sooyoung again, “I wonder if you’re friends are ok with it?

Sooyoung looked at them who were very shocked to hear it and then looked back to Kim Youngmin

“Of course! I don’t think they mind it at all and I’m sure they would have understood” Sooyoung said sarcastically flashing a smile

“Really? Was it really ok?”

“Yeah! Just like how I understood someone and believed” Sooyoung said looking at Donghae

“Well then, if it’s ok” Kim Youngmin said making Sooyoung look at him with delight in her face, “I should go. I have some important matters to deal with”

“Yeah. You should. You’re the CEO so you should be very busy. Take care, Kim Youngmin-Songsaegnim” Sooyoung said bowing as Kim Youngmin left.

Sooyoung watched as Kim Youngmin left. When he was no longer seen, she turns around and breathes very hard. She felt her knees giving up and almost fell to the floor if not for Siwon being able to catch her in his arms.

“Kamsahmnida, Oppa” Sooyoung’s voice was shaking

They all decided to go back to the practice room since they have successfully put out the three CCTV. Confusion was all over them. They have never seen Sooyoung act like that. It was as if they met someone who looks exactly the same as Sooyoung. She was not the Sooyoung they knew. It was another part of Sooyoung that they haven’t seen yet. Siwon put Sooyoung at the bench and gave her something to drink.

“Sooyoung! Are you ok?” Siwon asked

“Ne” Sooyoung could only look at the floor; her shaken voice was recognizeable. Tears start to form in her eyes. She must have been so scared.

“Sooyoung! Tell us, what’s really happening?” Jessica confronted her still with sweetness in her voice as she knew how scared Sooyoung looks.

“Is it true what you said back there?” Tiffany asked, “But how come you didn’t say anything to us?”

Sooyoung was still looking down, not moving at all. She couldn’t think right, not for that moment.

“Sooyoung-unnie, did you really sign contract with Avex?” Yoona sat down and looked at her with determination

“Ya! Choi Sooyoung! You better speak right now” Sunny exclaimed

“What was really the truth? You always hide things from us!” Hyoyeon exclaimed letting out her anger, “Speak!!!”

“Girls! Let Sooyoung be first. She’s not yet ok” Eunhyuk said

“Ne. I’m sure it’s not all like that” Kibum said

Disappointment was seen in their faces. They all signed the contract with SM because of her but she signed contract with another company first without telling them.

“Mianhae” Sooyoung said, “I really wanted to tell you everything but I can’t”

“WHAT? Why not?” Jessica asked

 “Because…I can’t”

“What are you saying, Choi Sooyoung? You can’t???” Yuri asked

“I’m not the right person to explain things to all of you.” Sooyoung said finally lifting her head and looked at them, “I wanted to tell you everything but I can’t!”

Silence passes by them. Finally, Kyuhyun asked.

“Then, who should explain it to us?” Kyuhyun asked

 “Lee Sooman-Songsaegnim”

“WHAT?” Now all girls and boys said in unison