-Chapter 32-

-E S C A P E-

Yoona and Donghae went to the filming location at exactly 7 o’clock. They were dressed as a high schooler with Jungshin High School uniform. Yoona was sitting at the bench while waiting to be filmed. Suddenly, she saw Donghae coming in her way.

“Aish! Chincha!” Yoona said annoyed, “This is the first time that I’ve been disappointed after receiving a project”

Donghae ignored what Yoona said and sat at the bench on the opposite side where Yoona sat.

“YA! Are you really annoying me?” Yoona asked very much annoyed, “Sit somewhere else!”

“You’re really mad at me, right?” Donghae asked making Yoona left shocked

“You only realize that now? Ya! After what you did, you expect me to understand it and accept it all? You’re crazy!”

“I know what I did is really unfair especially…” Donghae swallow his saliva, “especially on Sooyoung.”

“Of course! If Soo would’ve known it like the way how you tell it to us, do you think she’ll ever like it? Do you think she’ll understand you? Do you think she’ll forgive you and accept it all and give you her blessing? That’s insane!”

“But even so, I hope Soo would at least try to understand even if it sounds impossible” Donghae was looking down, “I hope she would hear me out first because I really want to tell her why. I want her to be the first to know”

“Then why didn’t you do it?” Yoona asked looking at Donghae, “Why didn’t you go to her and tell her?”

“How? How am I going to do it?“ Donghae asked Yoona finally meeting her eyes, “How can I do it when she avoids all my calls? She never replies all my messages to her. I did everything I can so I could tell her what I really feel but she never responds. How am I going to tell her?”

“So instead, you just left her. You abandoned her since it felt like she abandoned you?? If that’s so, how can you expect Soo to understand you if you didn’t even try to understand her place?! You think because she’s in Korea and many people are looking after her, you think she’ll be ok. You’re selfish, Lee Donghae!”

Donghae was silence for a moment, “I really wanted to know what happened to her. Why she doesn’t call me or message me? Why did she avoid me? Why did she go to Japan? I want to know!”

Yoona was silent for a while, hesitating whether she’ll tell or not. She did so. She breathes hard and tell him.

“Since the day you guys left, Sooyoung hadn’t spoke much. She prefers to keep everything to herself. She didn’t say anything to the other members. We would just hear from the trainees that she went to Mr. Kim’s office without even letting us know. We thought we should ask her but even when we asked her, she still didn’t say anything until she was sent to Japan.” Yoona said almost crying, “Even us, we also want to know what really happened. All we could do is to trust her words before she went to Japan”

“What did she say?” Donghae’s voice was a bit weak

“She said…’wait for me’ and ‘I’ll be back’ so we waited for her everyday hoping she’ll comeback soon.” Yoona said as a tear fell from her eye. She quickly wipes it away and asks Donghae again, “Did you really not receive anything from Soo? Didn’t she say anything to you even before you left?”

Donghae paused for a moment, thinking. What was the last thing she said to Donghae? Donghae almost couldn’t remember. It’s been three years and he doesn’t want to remember that part. Remembering it for him almost make him feel it’s the end of his world. He feels guilty as he broke their promise.

“She only said…” Donghae said swallowing his saliva hard, “She only told me that she’ll wait until we get back”

“That’s all?”

“Ne” Donghae answered shortly

Donghae stood up and immediately leave Yoona. He’s been holding his tears since they talked about Sooyoung. But now, he can’t hold it back, he knew he need to let it go. As he was walking at the school, he found himself at an abandoned room. He was curious of what was inside the room. It just feels so familiar to him though he doesn’t know what it is.

As he opened the door, thick spider webs almost covering the whole place appeared before him. He tried taking away all the spider webs and as soon as he was finished, he was shocked seeing what was all inside the room. There were large couches, a small table and a large one on the other side with numerous chairs and a whiteboard on the side. It was the Music Room 2. That’s where they always hang out. The Music Room 2 were the place where the officers held meeting and since they were officers before, they used that room as their hang-out and strictly not let anyone else come in.

Suddenly, a student came in.

“OMO! Lee Donghae-sunbaenim, right?” the male student said, “WHAAA~ I didn’t thought I would meet you here. It’s so nice to meet you!”

“By the way you called me, I’m sure you’re not a fan, who are you?”

“Ah! Of course, you don’t remember me. I’m Park Sungkyu. I was in 4th grade when you were a student here” Sungkyu said, “I was under the Music Club back then”

“Oh, ne. I see” Donghae said, “By the way, what happened here?”

“Ah, this place? Since you guys graduated and left Jungshin, the officers who replaced you didn’t do as much as you guys. Nobody became interested in Music Club and soon after, the principal decided to take out the Music Club. The Music Room 1 became the classroom while the Music Room 2, as you can see, was abandoned.” Sungkyu explained

“By the way, since the first time I met you, I’ve been a fan.” Sungkyu said, “Even up until now. I was glad that you guys ended up in one place. Wait! How about you and Choi Sooyoung-sunbaenim? I know you had a girlfriend now but I still believe that you two will end up together”

“Ah!” Donghae chuckled a bit, “We’re still the same as before.”

“She’s in Japan right? She must be very tired, seeing how pile up her schedule is.” Sungkyu said, “Anyway, I have to go. Ah! And SNSD Yoona said that if I met you by any chance, she told me to let you know that the director called you two”

“Arasso. Kamsahmnida!” Donghae said as Sungkyu left.

As Donghae finally went to the director, Yoona came to him.

“Where you’ve been? I know you miss your school but now’s not the time.” Yoona said, “We’ll be filming at an auditorium”

“Auditorium?”

“Ne.”

Donghae suddenly remembered. The auditorium was where they always perform. Whenever Jungshin will held school festivities, they would have their Music Club and Theater Club perform at the Auditorium.

Soon, they began filming scenes where Donghae’s and Yoona’s characters were decorating the place and end up ‘play-fight’ each other. The whole scene made Donghae remember those days. It was just exactly the same. Finally, the director made a cut and so they all they went for a break.

Suddenly, a staff came in and made an announcement.

“Director, the person you took who’ll the play the role of the 3rd character finally come.” The staff announced

They were all a bit curious. Was it a girl? Or a boy? Who is it? And why does it come only now? Yoona finally kills her curiosity and asked one staff who was assigned in props

“Um, excuse me. May I know who’ll play the third character?” Yoona asked

“I’m sorry but I don’t know. But from what I heard, it was a girl from overseas” The staff said and leaves

Finally, the director came back and introduced to everyone the person who’ll play the third character.

“Everyone, please welcome Ms. Choi Sooyoung” The director announced. They were shocked

“Annyeong Haseyo” Sooyoung greeted politely, “I’m so sorry that I only come just now. I have to finish filming my last drama and I fly fast as I could to catch up with my schedule. It turns out that I am 3 hours late. I’m so sorry. I hope you all understand”

“It’s ok, Sooyoung. We’re actually thankful that you took the offer. Anyways, please rest first. The team is on break so you could use the time.” The director said leaving Sooyoung.

“Kamsahmnida” Sooyoung smiled

Yoona immediately run to Sooyoung and hugged her tight as possible.

“Unnie!” Yoona said almost crying, “Bwaya? Why did you come only now?”

“Mianhae, Yoong!” Sooyoung said apologetically, “I’m so happy to see you. I really miss you guys so much”

“Nado! Me too!” Yoona said, “I miss you so much”

Sooyoung’s eyes transferred to Donghae who was standing not far from them. He was just watching the two. He then realized that Sooyoung was looking at him.

“It’s been a long time” Sooyoung said as she approach him

“Ne” Donghae said. He was taken aback seeing Sooyoung right in front of his eyes. Just earlier, he wanted to see her but now that she’s there, he doesn’t know what to do. “Care for a walk?”

Sooyoung only smiled.

Meanwhile, at the company, the rest of the Girls’ Generation members and Super Junior members were at the rehearsal room. They were wondering what’s happening to Yoona and Donghae.

“You think they’ll be able to film well?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon worriedly

“I don’t know but Yoona better forget her grudges on Donghae before she ruined the whole atmosphere there.” Taeyeon answered

“Ah! It’ll be very awkward for Yoong!” Yuri said

“Manager-Hyung said the location was in Gwangju, right?” Eunhyuk asked

“Ne. Why?” Kangin asked back

“I’m just wondering, in what specific part of Gwangju? Eunhyuk responded, “It couldn’t be somewhere near Jungshin, right?”

“HUH? How did you know?” Heechul asked, “I heard the staffs talking about it. They said the filming will take place at Jungshin High School”

“What?” Kyuhyun said standing up from his seat. “Yoona didn’t know anything about it but Donghae does. It’ll be a problem”

“What do you mean? What’s wrong about that school?” Kibum asked

“Kyu, Hyuk, Donghae, Soo, Yeonie and I studied there.” Siwon said, “We all studied in Jungshin High School”

Back in Jungshin High School, Donghae and Sooyoung were walking at the school’s garden.

“It’s been very long time” Donghae said

“Long time? Was 3 years really that long?” Sooyoung asked looking at the flowers

Donghae meant to talk about the days they were still in Jungshin but he knew Sooyoung doesn’t remember it.

“I guess”

“Well, then.” Sooyoung said shortly, “You must have enjoyed your stay in China. You guys made another history there”

“Yeah! Thanks to Kim Youngmin’s plans of sending us in China, we really did another remarkable history” Donghae said sarcastically

“Yeah! He did a good job there” Sooyoung said before turning to him, “But what made you come back?”

Donghae was shocked, “What do you mean?”

“You guys could have stayed at China. You made such a HUGE success there. Why come back?” Sooyoung asked meeting his eyes, “It was your perfect escape getaway! - Away from Kim Youngmin and his evil plans. You could live a great life there”

Donghae looked away, “Korea is still our homeland”

“Right! We’re still Koreans after all. We all belong in our homeland” Sooyoung said turning away as she saw Donghae couldn’t look at her anymore

“Sooyoung-“ Donghae said. Sooyoung turn around and look at him

“What?” Seriousness can be heard in the tone of her voice, “Are you going to say something?”

Donghae wanted to tell her everything. Now’s the time. But for some reasons, Donghae couldn’t open his mouth and say it. He was lost for words. Fear suddenly wrapped around him preventing him to move. He then looked at her yes. Those eyes- once so innocent and full of happiness was turned into hatred, he couldn’t bear to look at her eyes anymore.

“I think we should go back” Sooyoung said leaving Donghae on his own

The filming came to an end. They were all set to come back tomorrow again for the continuation of the filming. They were all thanking and bowing at the directors, staffs, producers and the team just like they always do. Everyone started parting. As Yoona was about to ride at their van, Super Junior and Girls Generation came. Yoona was surprised to see them.

“OMO! Unnies!” Yoona hugged the girls tight before turning to Kibum, “Oppa! What are you guys doing here?”

“We were worried of how you’re going to be” Kibum said

“We’ve been here but we decided to come out a little late to surprise you” Yuri said, “Well it pays off”

Donghae then came making everyone else a bit awkward

“Hae! How was it?” Eunhyuk said as he approach him

“Good!” Donghae answered shortly

“Anyways, I do have a surprise for all of you that you’ll surely like” Yoona said

Soon, Sooyoung finally came. They were all shocked seeing her there. As Sooyoung looked at Yoona, she saw them all. She happily waves at them and approaches them immediately. They all hugged her tightly.

“OMONA! Sooyoung! You’re finally back!” The girls said

“Ne. And I’m so happy to be back” Sooyoung said, “It was a bit unexpected though. I knew something was strange because my manager made me in a hurry”

“Soo, we really miss you a lot” Jessica said hugging her once more

“Me too! I miss all of you” Sooyoung said, “Oh! And welcome back, Oppas!”

“Wait! You know?” Eunhyuk asked

“Of course! Even if I was busy I still managed to keep myself updated!” Sooyoung winked

Everyone couldn’t help but feel a bit uneasy. They all wonder if Sooyoung knows about Donghae and Bianca.

“Thanks anyway, Soo.” Kibum said

“Anyway, tell us what happened to you in Japan” Sunny said approaching Sooyoung

“Before anything else, let’s go somewhere first!” Sooyoung said

“Where?” They asked in unison

“Let’s all go to the bar to celebrate! My treat!”

-Flashback-

"I think we should go back!"

Sooyoung was about to go but Donghae was able to grab her wrist making her stop. He held her in his arms tightly

"YA! What are you doing? Someone might see us!"

"I dont care!" Donghae exclaimed, "I dont care if they see us. All i want to do right now is...I just want to hug you."

"What for?"

"So when I tell you everything, you won't dare to go away like you did earlier!"

"You said you're not going to say something!"

"I didnt say anything like that. It's what you assumed"

"Fine! then tell me. What is it?"

Suddenly, they heard someone shout, "Everyone, back to places! We'll start now!"

Donghae breathe hard. Sooyoung knew it because he hugged her too tight she could almost feel his heartbeat.

"Sooyoung, I never expect you to understand everything but I want you to trust me"

"What? Trust you?"

"Ne. I need you to trust me, no matter what. I may not be able to tell you everything now but I promise someday, I will."

"you're ridiculous!"

Donghae broke his hug and look at Sooyoung's eyes.

"Trust me. Time may go slowly from now on, but trust me. I'll never let anyone else hurt you!"

-End of Flashback-