- Chapter 38-

-E S C A P E-

On the next day, they were all at the girls’ dorm. The guys secretly sneak in. Their managers don’t know they were there- none knew except the girls. It was Jessica and Sooyoung who were the only ones who were not at the living room. Each one of them took their own place to sit. They all speak low and careful not trying to get attention from the neighborhood. It was the only place they could think of safe. The boys’ dorm has been close to danger as it was close to their company.

“Don’t you think we should just let the big guys do it?” Seohyun said worriedly referring to Kim Youngmin and lee Sooman

“Big guys, huh?” Kangin almost laugh, “No. I don’t think it’s a good idea”

“No. I actually agree with Seohyun!” Kyuhyun said smiling, “We let them do whatever they want”

“You mean let them kill each other?” Tiffany said crossing arms, “Yeah! Wonderful! May I remind you Mr. Cho Kyuhyun that it’s our career we’re risking??!”

“But it would be easier if we let them battle and whoever win, we’ll face him” Heechul agreed

“I’m too young to witness murdering in front of me. No! I can’t let this end with blood! I hate blood!”

“PEOPLE!” Taeyeon shouted, “They’re not going to kill each other! No such thing will ever happen!”

“I just have one question. It keeps lingering in my mind.” Siwon said, “Why until now Lee Sooman-songsaegnim isn’t showing up?”

They all kept quiet, also thinking. Suddenly, Sooyoung and Jessica went to the living room and joined them.

“What took you girls so long?” Taeyeon asked curiously

“We were discussing important matters here right now” Yuri said annoyed

“What is it?” Yoona asked noticing the strange silence on the two

“I told you guys that only Lee Sooman-songsaegnim could explain everything, right?” Sooyoung said seriously

“Yes! We remember”

“I’m not quite sure if he’s still the person who should explain all things but just in case…” Sooyoung said clearing , “I would like to tell what I know”

“What do you mean?” Hyoyeon said straightening up from her sit

“I’ll start from the very beginning”

They all went near to Sooyoung and wait for her to tell them everything.

“As you all know, I have remembered everything. Before, Grandma would always remind me to always trust myself. I didn’t know what it meant before but now I do. Back in the day, Lee Sooman-songsaegnim and Grandma were friends. Even when I was a kid, I already saw him. He was visiting my grandma in our house before. But during those times, he was never alone. He always has his companion with him and it was Kim youngmin. I remembered my grandma once told me that the three of them were friends during their high school days and Lee Sooman and Kim youngmin stayed together until they decided to build the company. It was both their idea but it was Lee Sooman’s money that they used to start the company and so he technically became the CEO while Kim youngmin became the vice president. It does not instantly go on but somehow they were able to manage to keep it going until H.O.T came and then soon followed by great artists like “SES”, “Fly to The Sky” and BoA-unnie. They thought it was the start however; they faced a huge financial crisis after the economy of Seoul fell. They went bankcrupt. Both of them didn’t want to end it like that so they find a way. They find businessmen who would invest to the company so they could repay all the debt. At that time, Kim youngmin had a wife who was pregnant. By the time, he was able to find a businessman to invest to them which turned out all well and things went back to normal again. On his way home, he was too happy that he decided to buy beef and a piece of chocolate cake for his wife to celebrate.”

Sooyoung paused for a while.

“What happened?” Yuri asked curiously.

“At that same day, His wife was going to give birth to their first child. She took a taxi cab to the hospital. However…” Sooyoung gulped down and breathe heavily, “There was an accident on the road. A truck loaded with heavy large woods bumped into a car. The car went upside down with the driver inside the car and its passenger flew out. Meanwhile, the large woods got detangled from the rope that holds it and it got hit the taxi cab Kim youngmin’s wife was riding.”

The girls immediately gasped while the boys showed a shocked face

“The driver instantly died while his wife was able to send to the hospital but she was declared “dead on arrival”. On the burial, my grandma had visited to pay repects. I knew it because my grandma was on the phone with my mom when the fight happened. I heard it through the phone as it was the first thing that I heard when I woke up. I could hear it clearly. Kim Youngmin blamed Lee Sooman for everything that happened and he threatened him that one day he’ll lose everything that he have.”

“Then what happened next?” Kangin asked

“Kim Youngmin didn’t leave the company and instead went to China and managed the sister company there. He worked hard and did everything to make the company successful” Sunny said, “I still don’t believe this !”

“From the day he had threatened him, he was already planning everything for his reveange. He waited for the day to happen and unexpectedly, that day came. He immediately went back to Seoul and took the company from Lee Sooman.” Sooyoung said, “The day we were sent at the mansion, it was the day Kim youngmin had taken over the position. He changed everything- the rules, the management, the system, even to the decoration of the company.”

“How did you know it? We were all locked up in the mansion!” Heechul asked wondering

“I had an access to the outside. There was a specific place where you can get a connection from the outside without anyone knowing, just the two of you. My grandma was already informing me through the messages she had sent. At first, I didn’t know what it was all about so I ignored it until she personally came there and told it all to me. I didn’t believe it. I thought it was all a lie but I believe tha fact that Kim Youngmin was planning something” Sooyoung breathe deeply once again, “Until everything came one by one. And when the Super junior went to China, Lee Sooman started meeting me through the nearest restaurant near by. He specifically instructed me to do whatever Kim youngmin told me and to never ever tell anyone about it. I wasn’t so sure about it at first so he told me that he wanted to save the company and most specialy the artists-US. So I do whatever he told me. I went to Japan and drop all the communications with everyone, including my family.”

“But you could’ve just told us!” Eunhyuk said bitterly

“He told me he was going to China and he wants me to go with him. He said he wanted to talk to all of you so we did. I texted you guys but none of you replied and so I texted Hankyung-oppa to accompany me. We attend the awarding event in China and I saw you all there.” Sooyoung paused for a while and on, “Anyway, after that Lee Sooman went to meet me at the hotel and told me that you guys turned him down not want to talk with him, which I found really-really disappointing. I was about to go and do it myself but he stopped me. I was so mad at everyone else that I thought you all had forgotten everything so I went on going back to Japan with Lee Sooman. After the three years of stay in Japan, I went back to Korea. Lee Sooman told me not to show up first to everyone and so I went to Gwangju and stayed there. That’s when I started to remember everything”

“Wait! So you went back early?” It was Kyuhyun’s turn to ask

“Yes! I stayed there for 3 months.” Sooyoung answered, “But there is something you should know during our stay in Japan.”

“What is it?” Kibum took the courage to ask

“I once- no, several times, I heard him over his phone talking to someone. He sounds different like cold and harsh. It was very unlikely of him. I heard him said to keep tracks on Kim Youngmin, know his whereabouts, the people he talked to, the people that surrounds him, what he does-everything! Then he said not to touch him until he said so. He wanted to keep him alive- to make him suffer, punish him for taking the company and to… kill him”

“No way! There’s definitely no way!” Sunny exploded, “I mean how could you know everything and tell it in full detail?!”

“I don’t! I just told you what I know. It’s not even in full details yet”

“I still don’t believe it! You’re inventing stories!” Sunny exclaimed, “HOW DARE YOU?!”

Sungmin had stopped Sunny.

“I’m only telling you what I know” Sooyoung stood up straight, “It’s up to you whether you believe it or not, what matters to me is that you all know.”

“I was just wondering…you sounded different from when you told everything to Sica-unnie before” Seohyun said, “I heard you told it to her. And besides, you said Lee Sooman doesn’t want us to be involved in the fight”

“I did not until now” Sooyoung said, “I was afraid I misinterpret everything but not until this morning when I found out that all he ever wanted was to take the company and not care about the artists.”

“What are you saying?”

“I found these early this morning. It was sent to me from japan by Mr. Kobayashi, Lee Sooman’s old friend who helped us in Japan.” Sooyoung gave them a box, “Everything that was in it were all from and owned by Lee Sooman-songsaegnim. Mr. Kobayashi told me that Lee Sooman didn’t know that I have it now”

They all started examining all the letters, pictures, documents all which relates to Lee Sooman. All of it was legal documents.

“Some of it was the documents Sunmi stole from Lee Sooman” Sooyoung added

They all couldn’t believe it themselves. Now, they finally understand everything. Siwon stood up.

“Choi Sooyoung!” Siwon exclaimed, “Don’t you dare think I don’t know what all these means!”

Sooyoung ignored him. Siwon stood right in front of her. He took her by shoulders

“Why? WHY? Answer me!!!” Siwon shook her

“It’s the only way” Sooyoung answered

“So you told us everything, showed everything for what? SO that when something might actually happened to you-??” Siwon stopped as he was getting emotional, “You knew that you were like a sister to me, there’s no way I’m letting it happen”

“Oppa!”

“You told us that the reason why Lee Sooman didn’t tell you anything is because so that when you get in trouble, the plan won’t fail” Siwon said, “I’d like to see that plan failing!”

“What are you going to do?” Sooyoung asked worriedly

“It’s ‘what WE are going to do’!” Siwon said.