-Chapter 10-

-E S C A P E-

-Flashback-

“So, what are you going to do after school?” Taeyeon asked

“I don’t know! I have to finish some works so I’ll probably stay late inside my room doing my projects!” Sooyoung answered as she took some chips from her snacks and eat it.

Taeyeon laughed at her, “And eating will for sure take place at that ‘project-making’! That’s for sure!”

“Ya!” Sooyoung exclaimed at Taeyeon’s ears, “Of course, I have to eat! My brain will be drain if I don’t!”

“Whatever you say, Shikshin!”

They just finished their P.E. class and they were heading to the shower room to take a bath. Their class is also through and they were ready to go home. After an hour of taking shower, they were walking on their way out of the school gate to go home.

While walking, Taeyeon suddenly said something to Sooyoung.

“You’re being secretive Choi Sooyoung!” Taeyeon said, “You met him again, didn’t you? Oh My God!”

“Of course not!”

“Don’t you dare to deny it? I knew it!” Taeyeon said, “You were completely out of yourself earlier this morning. I heard you utter his name at the comfort room. Our classmates told me!”

“Fine! But I really didn’t meet him like you speculated! I was just thinking…” Sooyoung said as she bit her lower lip

“Thinking about him?” Taeyeon sighed heavily, “Of course! How can you meet him at this day? You were at school the whole day!”

“You know what? I won’t forget the day I first met him!” Sooyoung started giggling, “Who would have thought? I was so irritated at him and really mad without knowing him fully but look! I’ve fallen for him! I’m actually glad too. I’m glad he came to my life just when I needed someone to distract myself and help me move on!”

“Yeah! Who would have thought! You know what, if I didn’t know him any better, I would have thought he was just making you fall for him so he could have his revenge!”

“But he’ll never do that!”

“Yeah, never! Like you said! Wait! When are you really going to introduce me to him? I’ve never met him! I only know him when you talk about him!”

“What are you saying? You haven’t met him?” Sooyoung looked at her surprised, “How can’t you? You were there when I first saw him!”

“But I didn’t saw his face! Your big head is covering him! And remember? You grab my hand and took me away so I wasn’t even able to saw his face!”

They finally reached Yunho’s place. There was a party in Yunho’s place and Taejong was invited. They were actually friends.

“Oh! I’m here!” Taeyeon said as she stopped in front of Yunho’s house

“Then, I’ll be going!” Sooyoung was about to go but then Taeyeon called her

“Soo! Why don’t you come in just for a second? I bet your mom is inside too and Soojin-unnie!”

“Nah! I’ll go home. I really need to finish my projects, you know. I got to study hard and maintain my standing at school!”

“You mean… your 3rd ranking position at school?”

“Aigoo! Arasso, I’ll be going! Annyeong”

-end of Flashback-

-----0-----

“Hey guys!” Eunhyuk called their attention, “What are you planning to do today?”

“Ne! It’s our 3rd day today!” Hyoyeon said

“I don’t know! I and Sica are going to explore the beach. They say there are lots of beautiful fish and corals everywhere so we’re going to go there!” Tiffany said

“And Heechul-Oppa and Kangin-Oppa said they’re going with us!” Jessica said happily

“How about you Pumpkin guy? Where are you taking Sunny with you?” Heechul asked

“That’s a secret!” Sungmin answered and put a smirk on his face

“Aish! Well then, how about you four?” Kangin asked referring to YulWook and YoonBum

“Us?” The four asked

“Well… we’re thinking of going to extreme adventures” Yuri answered

“Ne!” Yoona agreed, “So, we might not be able to go with you all!”

“Ya! But, Wookie you promised me!” Eunhyuk said

“Mianhae, hyung!” Ryeowook said cutely

“So, YoonBum and YulWook are going together, also HeeSica, KangFany and SunSun!” Hyoyeon said making the girls blush

“Where did you get those names?” Sunny asked blushing

“That’s what your fans named your couple! Aigoo!” Hyoyeon answered

“Heesica?” Heechul said smiling, “I like it!”

“Even SunSun doesn’t sound awkward too!” Sungmin said happy with the name

“YoonBum is the best!” Kibum said proud of their name

“Aish! Korom, who else is going,?” Hyoyeon said

“Us!” Kyuhyun said as he raised his hand and put his hand to Seohyun’s shoulders, “We’re going on our own!”

“ANIYA!” Yoona exclaimed taking Seohyun away from Kyuhyun, “I won’t let you go with our maknae ALONE! Never!”

“Unnie!” Seohyun called shyly, “I’ll be fine! Chincha! Don’t worry about me!”

“Seohyun-ah!” Yoona said worried

“Will you really be ok?” Taeyeon asked

“Ne, Unnie!”

“Korom, if something happened to our maknae, NOH! Cho Kyuhyun, you’re dead meat!” Yoona warned

“Then, SeoKyu is going!” Eunhyuk announced

“Me too!” Siwon said holding hands with Taeyeon, “We’re going on our own!”

“BWA???” Eunhyuk exclaimed, “Aish! Arasso! If everyone has their own dates, I guess I better go with the flow too!” Eunhyuk said putting his arms at Hyoyeon’s shoulders. Hyoyeon quickly put his arm away.

“Wait! How about Sooyoung-unnie and Donghae-Oppa?” Seohyun asked

“Those two are big enough, so no need to worry!” Kyuhyun said receiving a glare from the girls

“Do you know Donghae-Oppa’s activities today?” Taeyeon asked

“From what I know, he’s going with someone. So he’ll be off too!” Siwon answered

“Then, our problem is Sooyoung!” Yuri said, “She hates going alone!”

“But if we asked her to go with us…” Yoona said

“For sure, she’ll feel out of place!” Kibum continued

“Can we just ask Hae-Oppa to go with Soo?” Tiffany asked to which all the boys shook their heads except for Siwon.

“You can never ask Hae to leave his date!” Eunhyuk said

“Ne! That guy is quite a playboy!” Sungmin agreed with Eunhyuk

“Aniyo!” Siwon suddenly said making them all wonder, “We can ask him!”

“How?” Jessica asked, “That guy is really hard to convince!”

“I’ll be the one to handle!” Siwon said going to the Fish’s room. They all wonder what Siwon is up to. Donghae never do favor especially when the consequence is he have to leave his date not unless it’s their job. They were all waiting patiently for Siwon at the living room hoping he would succeed. Sooyoung is still at her room so she doesn’t have the slightest idea what is going on.

After 30 minutes, Siwon finally come back with smile on his face.

“How is it?” Taeyeon asked

“Aish! I knew it! That guy would never agree!” Eunhyuk said disappointed

“Piece of cake!” Siwon announced making them all happy and shocked

“But how did you do it?” Tiffany asked

“If it’s me, he can never say No! Of course, I have to use force!” Siwon said leaving them all clueless

They finally all go to their own dates leaving Donghae and Sooyoung on their own. Donghae was at the kitchen when they all left. Suddenly, Sooyoung went out of her room and go down to the living room. She shook her head as she noticed the empty place. She went to the kitchen as she heard something.

As she went to the kitchen, she was shock as she saw Donghae there. He was cooking.

“Annyeong Haseyo!” Donghae greeted cheerfully as he saw Sooyoung entered the kitchen

“Oh. Ne! Annyeong Haseyo!” Sooyoung said shyly and a little bit shocked

“They all already left!”

“Oh, Kuraeyo?” Sooyoung shook her head a little bit as disappointment took over her. She then sat at the chair and noticed the food that was served on the table.

“Why did you cook so many?” Sooyoung asked

“Oh!” Donghae scratch the back of his head, “Siwon-Hyung said… Aish! Forget it!”

Sooyoung chuckled, “Omo! Did he say to take care of me? Aigoo! Those guys! How can they ask you to babysit me? It’s not like I’m a baby!”

“You know?” Donghae asked shocked and then chuckled

“How can’t I? They always worry about me like a kid.”

“Ne. Even Siwon-Hyung is acting one too… He’s slowly becoming like Taeyeon!”

Sooyoung laughed to which Donghae got curious. “Wae?”

“The way you call Siwon-Oppa! Hyung? The last time I checked, you were older than Siwon-Oppa!”

“Ya! What’s wrong with it? He really looks like Hyung and besides he doesn’t mind it!”

“Ne. Siwon-Oppa is really kind. He even treats me like his own little sister!”

They then eat. It was very awkward. No one talks while they were eating. After eating, Sooyoung presented to do the dishes but Donghae refused.

“Aniya!” Donghae shout almost making the Shikshin jump

“Waeyo?”

“Because I want to do the dishes so just sit back and relax, Arasso?”

“But you cooked the food! I should at least wash the dishes” Sooyoung reasoned out and quickly do the dishes but Donghae take the plates from her. They were both fighting on who’ll wash the dishes. They both wanted to do it. Suddenly, the water suddenly splashed at Donghae.

Sooyoung couldn’t help but laugh. She tried to calm herself, “Mianhamnida”

She watches him wipe the water in his face. She then burst into laughter seeing the wet Donghae. Donghae saw her and look at her. She really can’t help it. He looks funny in her eyes.

“Mianhamnida!” Sooyoung apologized again as she saw Donghae looking at her, “I just…”

“You can’t stop laughing?” Donghae continued what she was about to say, “Is it really funny?”

Sooyoung turned serious as she saw Donghae’s face, “Mianhae! I really didn’t mean to. If you want…”

Sooyoung then pour water on herself to which Donghae got shocked. He quickly stopped her.

“Ya! Why did you…?!”

“Mianhamnida! You got wet because of me so I…”

Sooyoung suddenly paused from what she was saying when Donghae went to her and wipe her with small towel. She never expected it. She thought he was angry at her so she pours water on herself.

“You’re crazy! You shouldn’t do that! The water is so cold!” Donghae said as he wipes the water. He then move back and look at her. “Arasso. Let’s just wash the dishes together!”

Sooyoung smiled a little bit and nods, “Ne”

They then wash the dishes together. It was a bit awkward as they were washing the dishes. Sooyoung still feel a little bit scared of him. She really thought he was mad because of the seriousness on his face. Donghae knew Sooyoung was scared at him because whenever their skins would touch each other, Sooyoung would just suddenly move away. He hates himself for making her think he is mad at her when he isn’t. Finally, after washing the dishes, they were just at the living room. Sooyoung was playing with her phone while Donghae was just listening to his IPod.

Suddenly, Donghae thought of an idea. He removed his earphone and put his IPod aside. He then stood up and went to Sooyoung. He took her phone and put it where his IPod was and grabs her hand. Sooyoung was obviously confused.

“What are you doing? Where are you taking me?”

“Just follow!” Donghae said leading the way. Sooyoung didn’t know what’s gotten into him but she just obeys him. They then reached the lighthouse. They climbed to the top. As soon as they reached it, Sooyoung can’t help but adore the beautiful view in front of her.

Sooyoung froze, “WOW!”

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Donghae said as he stands beside Sooyoung.

“I’ve never seen something as beautiful as this!” Sooyoung said, “This is a treasure!”

“I know. This is one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen in my life!”

Sooyoung spread her arms wide as the wind blew strongly. “I’ve always wanted to be wind”

“Huh?” Donghae asked, “Why?”

“Because wind is everywhere. I want to be everywhere too, being able to get to the places you want. And…” Sooyoung said, “Don’t you think wind is just like human too? When you spread your arms like this, it felt like as if you are hugging the wind.”

Donghae spread his arms too like what Sooyoung is doing. He closed both his eyes and tries to feel the wind. Sooyoung is right. It was as if you are hugging the wind. Donghae smiled to the delight he is feeling right now.

“It felt…”

“Infinite!” Donghae suddenly uttered to which Sooyoung looked at him surprisingly

“Yeah! Infinite!” Sooyoung smiled making Donghae feel nervous. He doesn’t know why but there is something in her smile which makes his heart beat faster than normal.

-----0-----

-Flashback-

Sooyoung was doing her projects when suddenly she felt her phone vibrated. It was Taeyeon who called her. She then answers it.

“Ne?”

“WHAAHHH!!!” Taeyeon shouted

“YA? What happened? What’s wrong? Is there an accident? Where are you?”

“Aniyo!” Taeyeon said, “Soo, guess what happened?”

Sooyoung breathes heavily, “Oh God! I thought something bad happened! What is it that you are shouting like that?”

“Yunho-Oppa introduced me to this guy! And he was so cute! He’s adorably cute! He is handsome and he is y!”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “Look who’s talking about people going crazy when in love?” She thought to herself

“And you know what? He dances sssuuupppper great and the way he sings, oh my god- you’re totally going to melt with his voice. If you see him, I’m sure you’re going to fell in love with him!”

“Of course not! No one can replace him!”

“Just see, Soo! I’m really sure of it! And besides, I haven’t seen him dance yet nor his face! Only YOU know him”

“Aniyo! Soojin-unnie knows him and everybody does. He’s just quite busy. You know, he dances too!”

“Whatever. Got to go, bye!”

Taeyeon then hangs up the phone leaving Sooyoung speechless.

“Look at that girl!” Sooyoung exclaimed. She then went to her bed and lied comfortably.

She looked at the ceiling, “If she met you, she’ll be shocked!” Sooyoung then chuckled

-end of flashback-

-----0-----

Knock! Knock!

"Soo? Are you in there?"

Taeyeon finally went back with Siwon from their own trip.

"Yeonie! Wae? Is Soo not in there?" Siwon asked who saw Taeyeon standing outside of the Shikshin's room

"Aniyo!" Taeyeon said worriedly

"Don't worry! I'm sure she's with Hae! They probably just go outside!" Siwon assured Taeyeon

Suddenly, when they were about to go, they heard some noise inside of the Shikshin's room.

"Wait!" Taeyeon said making Siwon stop, "Did you hear that?"

"What?"

"That noise!" Taeyeon said.

Taeyeon didnt hesitate and hurriedly opened the door not caring if it's Soo who's inside or not.

"Sooyoung!" Taeyeon said as she opens the door

Unfortunately, it was someone else she found inside.

"SEOHYUN???" Both Siwon and Taeyeon exclaimed

"Unnie!? Oppa!?" Seohyun said in shocked

They saw the innocent maknae with Kyuhyun who was both shocked to see Taeyeon and Siwon. Seohyun was lying on Sooyoung's bed while Kyuhyun was on top of her.

"What are you doing here???" The four said in unison

"Unnie, let me explain-" Seohyun said as she gets up pushing Kyu away but she was cut by Kyuhyun

"Aniyo! Let me, Seohyun. I'll tell them what happened!" Kyuhyun said

"Oh, you better do because once I caught you lying, you'll be sleeping in the middle of the beach!" Taeyeon said in anger

"Yeonie! Calm down. It might not be the way we think it is!" Siwon said trying to calm down the always calm Taeyeon

"Unnie, it's just that-"

"It's not what you think. We we're just looking for Sooyoung when suddenly Seohyun got shocked by the flying bug and so she was about to fall when i tried to catch her. That's what really happened!" Kyuhyun said straight and defensively

"I'm not buying it!" Taeyeon said

"But Unnie that's what really happened. there was a bug~" Seohyun said scared

"BUG?? or you mean...butterfly?" Siwon asked as he looks at the mirror beside the bed. He was looking at the butterfly

"Aigoo! You better be sure it's true!" Taeyeon said going to Siwon

"I can't believe you called the butterfly a 'Bug'...: Siwon chuckled, "It's an insect first of all. And secondly, there's nothing to be afraid of butterflies! They're beautiful!"

"for you, Oppa, but not for me. NEVER!" Seohyun said hiding from Kyuhyun's back

"Arasso! Arasso! Let's get out of here before Soo saw you two here" Taeyeon said setting the butterfly free.

"Be careful next time, Kyu. Don't just catch someone...without even being able to catch it or her!" Siwon said teasing Kyuhyun

"Shut up, Hyung!" Kyuhyun said

------0-----