-Chapter 16-

-E S C A P E-

Flashback

“Yes, songsaegnim!” Donghae said

“Korom, I’ll be seeing you tomorrow, Arasso?” Lee Sooman said, “Go then. You’ll be late in your class”

Donghae bowed 90 degrees and wait until the car had left. He couldn’t believe that the CEO of the SM Entertainment went to his school to give something. He looked at the closed enveloped in his hands.

“What is this?” Donghae then put the envelope in his bag.

He was about to go to his room when he saw someone standing in front of him.

“Sooyoung?”

Sooyoung went nearer and looked at the leaving car, “That’s the CEO of SM Entertainment, right? Why is he here?”

“It’s nothing!” Donghae said, “Anyway, what are you doing here?”

Sooyoung looked at him, “What do you mean what am I doing here?” She then went in to Donghae’s school and left him.

“I’m sure Choi Sooyoung hasn’t forgotten that this is an All-Boys school, right?” Dongahe said catching up to her

“AH! Is that what you are talking about?” Sooyoung said, “You know, I need a place to hide.”

“Hide? What do you think of our school? Your hidding place?” Donghae said, “Stop playing hide and seek with your teachers and go back to your school!”

“Ya! You claim this school as if it’s yours!” Sooyoung complained, “It’s our school too since our school’s are sister-schools!”

“Look at you! But whenever I claim your school to be also mine, you beat me to death!”

“SHUT UP!”

Donghae smiled and put his arms to her shoulders as they walk together.        

End of Flashback

-----0-----

After an hour, Donghae still couldn’t think. He was too bothered about Hanggeng’s comeback. He knew too well that Hanggeng once liked Sooyoung. He knew it because Hangeng said it himself, not just to him but infront of the SM Artists. And now that he’s back, he suddenly felt of giving up. He can’t deny the fact that Sooyoung is actually a lot closer to Hangeng than to him. They only become close not too long ago. And if someone asked Sooyoung to choose one from them, he wouldn’t be shocked that Sooyoung would pick Hanggeng over him.

“It’s too cold in here” someone spoke

“I’m ok” Donghae respond

“Seriously, you could catch cold here. It’s freezing”

“Don’t worry about me”

“YA! You’ve been standing doing nothing!!” The person exclaimed

Donghae suddenly went out of his own world as he got startled. “Sooyoung? What are you doing here?”

Sooyoung laughed unbelievably, “Seriously? You only noticed me just now? What were you thinking of?”

“What? How long have you been here?”

“Almost an hour already!” Sooyoung repond, “Tell me, what’s bothering you?”

“Nothing” Donghae turned away

“You know you can tell me anything” Sooyoung said as she went closer to him, “I’m not leaving until you say so”

Sooyoung put her arms around Donghae’s arm. Locking it tight so whatever Donghae might do, she wouldn’t go away.

“Come on! I know something’s bothering you. You’ve been quiet even before we arrived here”

“It’s nothing. I’m just thinking of my schedules for tomorrow”

Donghae then looked at Sooyoung as he noticed she didn’t say anything. Sooyoung was only looking at Donghae with evil glare, “LIAR!”

Donghae was shocked to what she said. He felt the strong feeling from Sooyoung. He suddenly felt heavy seeing Sooyoung look so angry. He never meant to do that.

“How can you lie to me? You think I’m stupid?” Sooyoung said angrily, “Well, I’m may be a fool but I’m not stupid enough not to know about it. You’ve been queit since Hanggeng came!”

“It’s just that… that…” Donghae don’t know what to say. He doesn’t want to confes his feelings to her yet. No. It’s too early.

“Arasso! I’ll stop asking” Sooyoung said, “But Oppa, please, just go back to the normal you. It’s really uncomfortable with you like this. It felt as if I did something wrong to make you like this”

“Aniyo, Sooyoung. It’s not your fault!” Donghae said, “It’s just that-“

“Oppa, whatever it is, promise me, you’ll forget about it and go back to usual you. It’s really painful.”

Donghae didn’t know what to say. Hearing her say that, he could tell that even Sooyoung noticed how he acted as soon as Hanggeng came.

-----0-----

They were all at the rehearsal room, chatting and playing. Sooyoung and Yoona went in to the room after buying food from the near by store. They were happily talking about something as they entered.

“WAAAHH~ is that food? May I have some?” Sunny asked

“Arasso! But you know this food is not even enough for me and Soo~” Yoona answered

“But I’m really hungry!”

“Ya! We asked you to come with us but you said you’re tired!” Sooyoung exclaimed

Sunny put on an Aegyo, “Please? Please? Pleaaaaaaasssseeee~”

“Arasso~ we’ll give you one but promise us you won’t do that again!” Yoona said irritatedly as she gave Sunny a cupcake.

“AHHH!!! Jeongmal Komapseumnida!” Sunny gratefully said

Suddenly, the Super Junior boys finally came to the rehearsal room for their upcoming special stage performance. They all entered with excitement seen in their faces, of course, excited not for the rehearsal but excited to see and tease the girls again. They all put their bags to the other corner and chat along with the girls. Meanwhile, Sooyoung seemed to be a bit sad as she notice the absence of one member of the boys’ group. She went back to her usual spot, near the mirror at the corner where Taeyeon and Siwon were. She sat a bit lifeless but tries to be as normal as she could, not to make other’s notice her sudden disappointment.

“Ah! Siwon-oppa” Sooyoung started not being able to stop her self and losen out of control, “You seemed to be missing of one member. Where is Hae-oppa?”

“Oppa?” Taeyeon suddenly asked. She was surprised herself to hear that

Before Sooyoung could respond to Taeyeon’s question, Siwon already interrupted.

“AH! Hae? He won’t be able to take part at the performance.” Siwon answered

“Kuraeyo?” Sooyoung was even more sad, “Arasso, but, waeyo?”

“Mianhae, Soo. I don’t know too. Recently, Hae was really busy that he barely sleeps. He could only actually sleep for 4 hours.” Siwon said sadly, “We weren’t even able to communicate, not even see each other although; he is in the same dorm as mine. He was too busy and I wonder if he is still doing ok”

“Kuraeyo?” Sooyoung was now worried, “Did he say where he is now?”

“Aniyo. Like I said, he was too busy. He couldn’t even repond to my messages. I always try to reach him but he never got the chance to answer from my 100 calls”

Upon hearing this, Sooyoung out of a sudden, stood up not knowing what to do. She somehow feels troubled for no certain reasons.

“…but if you try to call him, he might answer” Siwon said

Sooyoung then immediately get her things. “Unnie, I’ll go ahead. I’ll just meet you at the dorm”

“What did I just told you?” Siwon smirked to Taeyeon as Sooyoung had left the room in haste

-----0-----

Flashback

“Ya! Kim Taeyeon!” a guy called out Taeyeon’s name

Taeyeon turned around to look who it was. It was Kyuhyun with Eunhyuk, and Donghae

“Ya! Cho Kyuhyun. What is it?” Taeyeon asked

“Aigoo! You’re being rude to me again!” Kyuhyun said

“What is it? Just tell me what you want!” Taeyeon said a bit irritated

“Ya! That’s the reason why you never get any taller” Kyuhyun teased

“Guys! Stop teasing!” Eunhyuk said making the Kyuhyun and Taeyeon both shocked, “Mianhae, Yeonie. It’s just he missed you so much. He couldn’t stop himself from teasing”

“It’s ok” Taeyeon said shocked, “But, why?”

Kyuhyun then laughs, “Let’s just say I’m doing a friend’s favor” Eunhyuk answered

 “AISH!” Taeyeon said angrily. She then noticed Donghae, “Oh! Hae-oppa! How are you?”

Donghae smiled a bit, “I’m good!”

“Is something wrong?” Taeyeon whispered to the guys

“Oh! Don’t mind him. It might be because he wasn’t able to see Sooyoung! Don’t worry, he’ll return to normal state as soon as he saw Sooyoung”

“Speaking of Sooyoung, where is she anyway?” Kyuhyun asked as he noticed the absence of her

“Oh! She’s here. She might come a little bit late. You know, she’s always busy”

“Oh. Ne. I heard that she got the scholarship. Send my congratulations to her, Yeonie!” Eunhyuk said

“Arasso, let’s go back.”             

End of Flashback

-----0-----

As Sooyoung had left the room, she stopped in front of the company and tried to call Donghae. She wanted to know if he was doing fine. She wanted to see him. She wanted to know if he was eating and if he even has rest. She wanted to see him, to hear from him that he was actually ok and there was no reason for her to get worried.

However, for Sooyoung, she doesn’t mind if anyone or anybody not even the reporters or fans will see her outside of the company. She doesn’t even care even if someone would report how simple she look at that time as she was not wearing any make up and just wearing casual clothes. She doesn’t care at that at all.

Suddenly, to her many calls left hanged her phone rung. She immediately answered it.

“Yoboseyo?” Sooyoung said in chaste

“Sooyoung!”

“Hae-oppa!” Sooyoung said, worriedness can be heard over the other line, “Where are you?”

“Bwa?”

“Just answer my question”

“Oh, I’m at… uh… at Seoul Museum of Art In Jung-gu. Waeyo?”

“I’ll be there. Don’t move an inch!”

“Wait—“

Sooyoung immediately hanged up her phone and quickly tok a taxi cab.

After 30 minutes, Sooyoung had arrived to the said location. However, there is a big problem. There are lots of fans waiting outside of the museum and there’s no way she would just go there and come in. It’ll create a scandal as she bet that all the fans waiting outside were actually Donghae’s fans.

Sooyoung being in her state again after hearing Donghae’s whereabouts, she thought of a way to enter the museum without fans seeing her. She took out her cap to which she uses whenever she disguise herself. She then carefully went to the backdoor, the every artist/celebrity’s door to heaven. Of course, it wasn’t easy as she thought because she still has to act as ifa normal person not getting the attention of other people.

She was careful with every step she makes. Finally, she was able to reach the backdoor, however, her misfortunes doesn’t end there as the backdoor was locked.

“Great! Now I have no choice but to enter to the main door. AISH!” Sooyoung said angrily and thump her foot at the ground.

She has no other choice to go now to the main door where many fans were waiting. Suddenly, she saw a passageway from the other building connecting to the museum. She immediately went there taking the way to the other building to get into the museum. That bulding was private and only VVIPs can come. Fortunately, for Sooyoung, her father was credited for so many works in various fields as well as her grandfather who was credited for contributing to Korea’s finest artworks and that gave her a key to get inside the building. As she was able to pass and go to the museum, a fan saw her entered the museum that made all the fans quickly chase  her down and run for  her life.

The management of the museum closed the door to which Sooyoung entered and had guards tighten the security to the whole place.

“Ko-komap-komapseumnida” Sooyoung thanked panting heavily

Suddenly, a man approached Sooyoung. “Oh! Youngie, what are you doing here?” It was her cousin

“Oppa!” Sooyoung breathe heavily, “Did you know where Hae-oppa is?”

“Hae? Oh ne! He was here! I think he was at the auditorium.” Her cousin answered, “There are so many fans if him waiting outside that’s why he couldn’t get out of here”

“Komapseumnida, oppa! I owe you one!”

Sooyoung immediately proceed to the auditorium where Donghae was.

-----0-----