-Chapter 14-

-E S C A P E-

Flashback

“Soo!!!” A girl shouted calling Sooyoung’s name

“Bwa?” Sooyoung asked as she turns around and face that person

“Sooyoung! Chukkahae! Jeongmal Chukkahaeyo!”

Sooyoung laughed a bit, “For what?”

“You’re the selected one to receive full scholarship!” The girl announced happily making Sooyoung shocked, “You’re the luckiest girl ever!”

“Eottok-“

“I know right! It’s really shocking! But Sooyoung, when you go to Japan, don’t forget us ok? And make sure you send us emails and pictures of you in Japan!”

 “But- I can’t! I can’t be!” Sooyoung said as if she doesn’t want to be

“Ya! What do you mean you can’t? You have to!” The girl said, “Ms. Ahn wanted to see you at the faculty!”

“But-“

“This has always been your dream right?” The girl asked, “You know what? I better go! Annyeong~”

The girl then left Sooyoung. She couldn’t believe it herself. She has finally given up with that dream because for her, the most important now is her dream of becoming a famous artist.

“What am I going to do?” Sooyoung asked herself             

End of Flashback

-----0-----

“Soo, why did you do that?” Tiffany asked as she sat in front of the tall Shikshin who was sitting at the floor leaning her body at the wall.

“Ya! I’m ok! Besides, I can’t back out! I am already an official cast of that movie. And Yoong and Kibum-Oppa recommend me for it. I must do it” Sooyoung said convincing the girl in front of her, “And isn’t it great? As early as this, I must prepare myself already for things like that”

“Soo, I swear, I don’t what happened. I’m really sorry! I shouldn’t have just recommended you for it” Yoona said apologetically holding both hands of the tall shikshin, “They assured me that you’ll have good role in it. They even said that everything has been polished and no need for revisations”

“Yoong!” Sooyoung said, “Don’t say that! Things like that really happen. Though, I admit, I was really shocked and disappointed but I have thought about it and I have decided, I’m going to do it”

“Soo’s right! No need to feel guilty Yoong!” Kibum said cheering up Yoona

The girls were practicing while Sooyoung was just watching them. Their manager-oppa had asked her not to join the girls in practicing for the meantime. She went to the comfort room first.

As she was about to go back from going to the comfort room, she met Donghae at the hallway. Sooyoung just smiled lightly and then started walking again going back to the practice room.

“Soo, wait!” Donghae stopped her, “Can we talk?”

“I’m sorry, Donghae-ssi, I’m not feeling well. I have to go back to the practice room”

“Wait! Just for a second! I promise it won’t take long!” Donghae insist.

They then went to the rooftop and talk there. Sooyoung sat at the bench as Donghae did the same.

“Look! Soo! I’m really sorry-“

“It’s ok! You don’t have to apologize anyway” Sooyoung said, “It’s not really entirely your fault”

“But I-“

“It’s ok!” Sooyoung stood up, “If that’s all you wanted to say, I’ll go back” Sooyoung was about to go when Donghae speak once again.

“Aren’t you going to hear what I have to say first?”

“You already said it and besides I think I know it already!” Sooyoung turn around and answered

“I think you don’t.” Donghae said coming near to Sooyoung, “But I still have to say it whether you listen or not. It’s true that I was informed first but they didn’t tell me that the entire script was revised. They only told me about some changes and that I need not to worry. I choose not to tell it to you because I know, you might loose the opportunity to have relaxed and you even got sick. I can’t risk your health knowing that if I have told it to you, you would have gone back there and proceed with filming…Considering the fact that you are workaholic!”

“BWA? Workaholic?” Sooyoung emphasized, “YA! Are you apologizing or insulting?”

“I was just saying-“Dongahe said, “I was just concerned about you so I didn’t say it! I’m really-“

“Just as I thought your reason would be!” Sooyoung said, “I knew you were going to say it but…still, thank you for your concern. I admit I was disappointed. But I have thought about it and I took it as a challenge for me to be a great actress.”

“So, you’re not mad anymore?”

Sooyoung chuckled, “Can I once say how innocent kid you are? Looks like the rumors were really true! Innocent Fish!”

“Ya! And now, you are insulting. You really know how to tease someone!”

“Don’t you know? That’s my alter-ego!” Sooyoung laughed, “We better go back. Let’s go!”

“Soo, wait!”

“Huh? Wae? What is it again?”

“You can call me anything you want, just don’t ever call me Donghae-ssi ever again!” Donghae said in a bit serious tone, “I prefer you to call me Oppa more!”

Sooyoung laughed on the serious face of Donghae. “You’re really a kid! Arasso, Oppa! Let’s go!”

Sooyoung took him by the hand and started walking back to the practice room.

-----0-----

Flashback

There was a school festival at Jungshin High School. The choir of All- Girls High School was going to perform at Jungshin All-boys High school, the sister school of Jungshin All-girls High school to which Jung Yunho was studying.

Taeyeon noticed how Sooyoung moves. She can tell that Sooyoung is not ok.

“Soo? What happened?”

“Huh?” Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon’s worried face, “Aniyo! I’m good! Let’s go?”

They went to the stage as they start to perform. The first was the whole choral group, right after, Sooyoung was asked to perform in front of all the male students. She danced to Boa’s “Eat You Up”. Their school had greatly supports their student in becoming an idol-including Sooyoung.

As she was dancing and singing to it, she was filled with many different emotions. She barely forgot the lines and the steps but she keeps on performing. She can’t stop, not now. At the back side of her mind, she was undecided, of what she must do. She was thinking of what her classmate told her. But she can’t just give up right now. Suddenly, her head starts to ache badly and she felt her whole bod giving up, she couldn’t even see clearly nor hear, her senses wear completely paralyzed.

End of Flashback

-----0----

“Good Take! Excellent!” The director said

Sooyoung and Donghae went back to the director to talk about their performance.

“I knew when I saw you, I wouldn’t regret my decision of making you the lead actress, Sooyoung” He patted Sooyoung’s shoulders, “You were indeed talented and truly professional. I was worried that the sudden change of the whole plot might affect you but I was entirely wrong. I didn’t even hear a single complain from you! I was astounded of your performance and attitude! Truly a wonderful talented actress of young generation!”

“Komapseumnida, Kangdongnim!” Sooyoung bowed 90 degrees

“All right! That’s it! Let’s call it a day!” The director announced, “Good job, you two!”

As the director left them, they went back to the tent and fix their things.

“Truly a wonderful talented actress of young generation!” Donghae said as he repeated what their director has said.

“Ya! Knock it off!”

“But Soo, what director has said is true! I agree!” Donghae said with both thumbs up

Sooyoung laughed, “Ya! Komapseumnida!”

“Aigoo! It’s so tiring!” Donghae said as he sat down for a while. He was watching her busily preparing her things.

Out of the blue, Sooyoung felt a warm soft hand touched her forehead. She looked back and saw Donghae who stood up from his seat standing in front of her. She was shocked of what he did and could only look at him with poker face.

Donghae look closer at her making him feel her breathing, “Looks like our Resident Shikshin is now doing ok.” He then pulls away his face from her turning around making her face his back, “I was worried you might be still sick. It’ll be a big trouble if this industry loses such a wonderful talented actress” Donghae was smiling as he said those words

He once again turne around to look at her but still her expression was the same-poker face. She blinks many times as she could and quickly glances away from Donghae as she noticed him looking at her. Donghae smiled seeing her like that.

“Hungry? I know a fine restaurant! I bet you’ll love it there!” Donghae asked her while smilling

Sooyoung doesn’t know why but she felt her heart almost skip a beat when Donghae did that to her.

-----0-----

Flashback

“Donghae-ah! Donghae! Ya! Lee Donghae!” a voice of a woman was heard calling her son, “Aish! Where did that kid go again? Chincha! He better be not at that place again!”

His mom was frustrated and definitely Donghae will get a beating from his mom. Donghae has always been a playful Kid- as he always plays innocent despite of his maturing age. Finally, his mom found him- at the place where he always plays.

“Ya! LEE DONGHAE! What are you doing there?” His Mom asked angrily

“Omma!” Donghae was schocked not of his mom finding him but because of her sudden presence. Donghae was playing tricks again.

“What is this?” His Omma asked as she saw a thin rope, “When will you grow up, huh? Come with me!”

“I don’t want to, Omma!” Donghae said letting go from his mom tight grip.

They reached the house finally. His mom quickly fixed him to look presentable and well-mannered.

“Annyeong Haseyo!” A woman greeted

“Aunty!” Donghae shouted as he saw his Aunt, his mom’s younger sister.

“How are you, Donghae-ah?” His aunt asked, “Aigoo! Did you go there again? Ya! Don’t tell me you are waiting for someone there!”

“Aniyo! Who could I possibly wait there?” Dongae asked back not looking at his Aunt’s eyes.

“Hae!” A young man about the same age as Donghae shouted and immediately called him over.

Donghae run to him. Ever since, Donghae has always been close to his Aunt especially to his cousin. They share the same interests, features, attitude and even skills. They were almost like a twin. That’s why they both understood each other. Today, his family and Donghae went to pay a visit at his Aunt’s house. They were at the barn behind his Aunt’s house. They were sitting at the second floor of the barn at the window.

“WHAAA~ the farm is so large!” Donghae exclaimed, “I envy you!”

“Bwa?  You envy me for what? For being a son of a farmer?”

“Ya! What’s wrong with that? Besides, you’re living a good life!”

“Don’t kid around, Hae! Your life is so much better! You’ll be living in the city next month!”

“You like that? I don’t believe you! I hate the city! It’s so polluted there, no fresh air, and there are a lot of busy people!”

His cousin laugh, “I was just kidding! I like it here! It’s so peaceful and quiet here! I won’t exchange this for Seoul!”

“You’re right!” Donghae breathes heavily and lie down.

“But I know there’s one more reason why you like it here” His cousin said as if he knew something else, “Ya! Tell me about the girl you’ve been following”

“BWA? What are you talking about?”

“Come on! You can never hide it from me!”

“Stop it, will you?”

“Ya! Lee Donghae! Must I do the things you should do again?”

Donghae quickly sat up and look at him in the eyes, “No! You won’t and you’ll never!”

“Then tell me what’s going on now! I can see from the looks of you that you still haven’t talked to her!”

“You know how contented I was just by looking at her. It was never my intention to introduce myself and talk to her. I want to be just what we are now. Besides, I’m too busy with my training. You know how hard it is, right?”

“You’re right! So, you plan to stay like this? Even though you know that she might want to see you and talk to you?”

“BWA???”

“Sorry, Hae! But I can’t just sit down. I sent a letter to her that you’ll meet her at the Old Church!”

“WHAT???”

“I only did that for your own sake, Hae!”

“No- I mean, why the old church? Out of all many beautiful places here, why that? It’s creepy out there for a girl!”

“Are you sure for a girl? Or… for you???” His cousin teased

“Ya! I’m not a scaredy-cat like you imagined!”

End of Flashback

-----0----- 

 

 

and now introducing... Donghae's PAST !!! :DD

Will you find the connections now? :D

 

Sorry for not updating, you have to understand, COLLEGE LIFE is VERY HARD but at the same time FUN! :DD