-Chapter 27-

-E S C A P E-

“I never thought we’ll be going back so early!” Tiffany said

“What do you mean ‘early’? We spent almost 2 months in there! That time is already long!” Jessica exclaimed

“What Fany mean is that, how come no one even told us that we’ll be going back? Isn’t it weird?” Yoona asked

“And not only that, they even took 2 busses! We can just ride on one! Why take two? Why separate us from the SUJU-oppas?” Sunny asked

Today, their stay at the mansion ends. They were finally going back to Seoul- back to where their lives were, as idols. Though, almost 2 months passed already, they felt like the time they spent there was still memorable. Many things happened. Many unexpected memories had been created.

“I just remembered! Soo!” Yuri called out Sooyoung who was sitting at the third to the last seat occupying it wholly while others were sitting at the back as they compresses for discussion.

“What is it?” Sooyoung asked calmly. She was just starring out of the window before Yuri called her out

“I just remembered! You were going to tell us something before Sunmi came!”

“that—“ Back then at the living room, Sooyoung has announced everyone that she was going to say something but due to the discovery of Sunmi’s existence as the mansion and all, they had forgotten about it. “I don’t know what you’re talking about”

Sooyoung lied. She knew completely what Yuri is talking about. At that time, she was about to reveal to everyone about her relationship with Donghae. She looked through the window again. She was thinking of something.

It has been so long since she showed such face again. Just like when she was holding an umbrella and walking under the rain. That night, she stands alone. The rain pours down heavily as she sits down at the restaurant, staring blankly through the window as if waiting for someone. When she opens up the umbrella and was ready to leave the restaurant, for her, it means letting go-detaching herself from what keeps her holding back. She walks down the streets holding her umbrella that keeps her from getting soaked under the rain. She walks like a dead person, as if not existing as she passes by the people who don’t even recognize her.

Suddenly the rain drops heavily. All the members were too busy to notice the rain. Just like then, Sooyoung feels the same way.

“It’s raining!” Sooyoung murmured

That’s the only time the members looked outside the window and realize that it has been raining.

“Aigoo! The heavens must be sympathizing with us!” Yuri said

“They must feel sad too” Seohyun said

“Of course! It was hard for them too to leave this place. It was full of memories!” Hyoyeon said

“Do you think the boys are also discussing this like the way we do?” Seohyun asks

“Maybe. Even so, we don’t know what’s going to happen.” Taeyeon said as she let herself rest

“At a time like this, we can only wait and watch what’s going to happen.” Jessica said

“Do you think it’s raining there too?” Sooyoung asked making all the members confused

“At what specific place are you talking about, Soo?” Tiffany asked

“The mansion? It should be.” Seohyun said, “I heard it’s going to rain all throughout South Korea today”

“Heard? From where?” Hyoyeon asked

“I watched news from TV before we go. It’s good that we’re checking the weather sometimes, unnie!” Seohyun responded

“That’s right! It must be” Sooyoung uttered to herself. She was too occupied that she couldn’t hear exactly what the other members are saying. “But why do I still feel uneasy? Could it be because…?”

After hours of travelling, they reached their dorms. Each member took their bags and luggage and places it to their own room. No one bothers the other. They were too busy unpacking their bags. They don’t even feel tired, sleepy or hungry, not like before. They always sleep right after going back to dorm from somewhere else far, or at least cook food.

As the sun sets and dark fills the whole Seoul, the girls slept but as peaceful as they are. Taeyeon went to the living room only to found Sooyoung who was already there. Sooyoung looks at her.

“Can’t sleep again?” Sooyoung asked

Taeyeon nods, “But it’s not about insomnia. I think it’s because my body get used to the bed at the mansion.”

“Me too.” Sooyoung said as she hugs her long slender legs “and I bet the other girls too”

“Why?”

Suddenly, Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon all gather up at the living room with food they cooked.

“Oh! Yeonie! You also can’t sleep?” Yuri asked placing the large bowl in the table.

Yoona followed with Hyoyeon at her back. Yoona sat next to Sooyoung while Yuri on the other. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon chose to sit at the floor. Taeyeon was sitting at the couch in front of her.

Suddenly, Seohyun went out of her room.

“Oh! Seohyun-ah! Come here and join us!” Hyoyeon said

“Unnies can’t sleep too?” Seohyun asked, “I tried to put on my earphones and listen to my music but that doesn’t help. I tried reading books too but even that doesn’t help me”

“I’m still bothered…” Yuri said

“By what?” Taeyeon asked

“By what Mrs. Moon told us!” Yuri answered biting her lips, “What do you think?”

“I don’t really know. When she came there, she was with Lee-Songsaegnim” Yoona said

“And Songsaegnim just left us after chasing Sunmi.” Seohyun said, “Did Songsaegnim really only came there for Sunmi? Just because she was after Sunmi? Is it really that all?”

“This is really getting suspicious” Hyoyeon said

Suddenly, Jessica and Tiffany appeared entering the living room with Sunny. Finally, all the girls were in the living room.

“Are you also analyzing things?” Sunny asked

“ne” The girls answered in unison

“Actually…there is something I wasn’t able to tell you girls about” Sooyoung opened up

“What is it?” they ask

“When you girls were busy preparing the party with Super Junior-Oppa…”

“Oh ne! When we celebrated your birthday. We left you with Hae-Oppa and even locked you at the room. Mianhae.” Seohyun said sincerely

“Was there something else that happened?” Taeyeon asked

“I should have told you sooner about this. At that time, manager-Oppa called. I was about to get you but he said to just rely the message to the rest. He told me about the things being settled and that we may have our comeback anytime soon.”

“So you knew this was coming?” Tiffany asked

“Although, he didn’t specifically said when, but he said that we should make preparations.”

“That only means that it’ll happen anytime soon and now it did.” Jessica said, “Soo, was that all he said?”

Sooyoung was a bit shocked, “huh? Uh… Oh! Ne. that’s all”

“Is it? Chincha?” Yuri asked her again

“We should forget it all and stop worrying ourselves for something that may not come. We have to wake up early again to go back to the company and start preparing” Taeyeon said, “Come on. Let’s all sleep. We’re too tired.”

At the next day, they all went to the company early. They already changed their clothes to their practice outfits. They were all doing warm-ups when Super Junior had entered the room. They all greeted each other as if they have never seen each other for a long time.

“Oh! Oppa~” The girls greeted

“Were you all had a good sleep?” The boys asked

“Actually no. We’re still feeling a bit weird but we were able to sleep” Yoona answered

Suddenly, their managers came in.

“We have an important announcement to make” SNSD’s manager said

“What is it?’” the girls asked excitedly

“From now on, you’ll be very busy. You’ll have to comply with the assigned schedules as given. SNSD will be doing group and individual activities as stated at your schedule” SNSD’s Manager gave the girls their schedule

“As for Super Junior, You will be going to China” SUJU’s Manager said giving the boys the details

“WHAT???” everyone was shocked

“But Oppa—Why is it like that?” The girls asked, “How?”

“The company has decided to accept the projects given to the Super Junior members. These projects have been made long ago and that Mr. Kim Youngmin thinks this is the perfect time to let the Super Junior does it. They are expected to go to China by tomorrow evening. So please, pack your things”

“This can’t be right? Is this for real?” Heechul said in shocked

“What is it, Heechul-Hyung?” Ryeowook asked

“This—our schedules were all packed up. Not just that, take a look at our activities too. These are all exclusive projects for Super Junior.”

“WHOAH~ Daebak!” Kangin uttered still with shocked expression, “These were all planned very well”

“Mr. Kim Youngmin specifically made instructions and hired skillful employees to fix the schedules”

“But why suddenly-?” Kibum asked

“It’s not sudden.” SNSD’s Manager said, “I thought Sooyoung told you all already. I told her to tell you all to prepare as huge activities are all prepared for all of you”

“Huh? You told Soo-?” Eunhyuk was about to ask but was interrupted by Hyoyeon

“Ne. She made sure to let us know. We were shocked because we didn’t know it’ll be this—huge” Hyoyeon said finishing her sentence awkwardly

Silence passes by them. When their managers were about to go, SUJU’s manager remembered something.

“Oh, I just remembered.  I’m sorry to both of you, Donghae and Sooyoung” SUJU’s Manager said, “The movie you were filming has been cancelled and won’t be continued anymore. It faces a lot of problems. You were able to start it off so I’m sorry”

“Chincha?” Yoona and Kibum were specifically shocked by this. “How--???”

“Aniyo! Kwaenchanayo!” Sooyoung said smiling, “Things like that really happens besides; it’s not your fault Oppa!”

“We’ll be going then” Their managers left them

“What are we going to do now?” Seohyun said worriedly

“Sooyoung, why didn’t you tell us anything about these?” Heechul step forward to Sooyoung

“Hyung!” Donghae stopped him, “It was all me. I told her that I will be the one telling you all but I had forgotten about it”

“Oh right! It’s impossible we would be able to remind ourselves about it after everything that happened” Jessica said

“By the way, what did your grandmother told you, Soo? She must have said something important” Kangin asked

“What made you say so? What’s so important that she may say to me?” Sooyoung throw the question to Kangin

“I just thought…”

“Aigoo! Let’s all forget it!” Tiffany said, “I don’t want to remember those latter parts of our stay in the mansion”

“Oh! Oppa, if you’re going to China, how long will you be staying there?” Taeyeon asked, “It couldn’t be possibly that long, right?”

Siwon just bowed his head making a sad expression

“OMO! 3 years? This is impossible, right?” Sungmin said

“This is really happening” Kibum said, “I can’t believe this”

“Oppa, does that mean—“Yoona swallowed her saliva, “Does that mean we won’t be able to see each other that long?”

“Oppa?” Yuri looked at Ryeowook

“Mian. This looks like it” Ryeowook said

“YA! What kind of expression is that? Its only3 years! 3 years!” Kyuhyun said

“YA! CHO KYUHYUN! Do you know how long 3 years is?” Heechul said angrily

“I Know! And I also know that Kim Youngmin knew about the Super Generation” Kyuhyun said, “Which led me to grab the opportunity.”

“What do you mean?” Donghae asked

“This is just a test. He wants to test us all on how long we can stand. He thinks that we would be able to forget all of our feelings if he separates us all but he’s wrong. We got to prove him that nothing can break us all apart”

“Kyuhyun is right. We should think it like that!” Siwon said agreeing on Kyuhyun

“Fine! If that’s what he wants. We’ll show him that our feelings are real!” Taeyeon said