-Chapter 24-

-E S C A P E-

"Good Morning!" Tiffany greeted them happily

"Oh! Good morning unnie!" Seohyun greeted back

Everyone sat at the chair and started to eat their breakfast especially prepared by Tiffany.

Sooyoung entered the dining room surprising everyone with her pink threaded long shirt and black leggings with her hair tied up showing her beautiful neck. The boys all stared at Sooyoung who was completely unaware of everything.

"Good Morning!" Sooyoung greeted happily as she sat down beside Donghae. "Gosh! I had enough sleep. I felt so lively and energetic even more!"

"Daebak Choi Sooyoung!" Jessica said sarcastically while looking at her, "You just amused everyone again!"

"Huh? What did I do?" Sooyoung asked innocently

Sooyoung looked at the rest of the girls blankly searching for answers. Tiffany pointed out her clothes through her eyes and lips.

"Mianhae! I'll go upstairs--"

"Forget it! You've always been wearing such clothes. Everyone should be used to it!" Taeyeon said

"I'm still taken aback!" Sungmin blurted out

“Me too~” Ryeowook said agreeing with Sungmin

"I'm used to it" Heechul boasted, "It's actually not surprising to me anymore. And for the record, I've seen more than that"

Everyone's eyes were immediately fixed on Heechul.

"Exactly, what else have you seen?" Jessica asked bravely swallowing her own saliva

"You couldn't possibly be kidding me, right? I mean the IGAB outfits and all???" Heechul said with confidence

Sooyoung gasped, "ERT!"

"Ya! You even watch rated x/ adult films/ p**n!" Eunhyuk said to Sooyoung

"YA! JUGULLAE?!?" Both Sooyoung and Donghae said stood up from their seats

They were both shocked as they didn’t mean to do it and immediately sat down.

"Whoa! Mind telling us what's going on?" Kyuhyun asked with a smirk on his face

"Aish! Let’s just eat will we?" Sooyoung said starting to eat and avoid Kyuhyun's question

Kangin who was curious of what’s between Donghae and Sooyoung asked the girl beside him, "What's with them?"

"Aigoo, let’s just eat, Oppa!" Tiffany laugh with her famous eye smiled

After they had taken their breakfast, Ryeowook, Yuri, Yoona and Kibum were all assigned to clean the kitchen.

“I was never curious of anything when it comes to the members because I can already tell what’s going on” Ryeowook started, “But Hae-Hyung… what’s really going on between Hae-Hyung and Soo?”

Yuri who was wiping the plates said, “I don’t really know the exact situation. But if I were to base on their actions, I think it’s that they were finally lovers!”

“Ne! Yul is right!” Yoona agreed while cleaning the cabinets, “I’ve always seen them together. They were inseparable. I never saw them this close before though I’ve seen them once walking together while holding hands!”

“Chincha???” All three asked unbelievably

“NE!” Yoona nods, “I think it was the time Hankyung-oppa went back to China! I saw Hae-Oppa and Soo went out of Hae-oppa’s car and walk down the basement to the upper ground while holding hands. They both seemed so happy”

“Now that you mentioned, I remember Hae being not in the mood suddenly when Hankyung-Hyung first shows up at the broadcasting station right after the performance.” Kibum said,”I even saw Siwon went to rooftop to follow Hae”

“Really? But why would Hae suddenly become not in the mood? He was pretty close to Hankyung-oppa, right?” Yuri asked

“It was because Hae thinks Hankyung-Hyung is a threat to him. Hankyung-Hyung had several times mentioned how he adores Sooyoung and even tell to Hae how he likes her so much” Ryeowook answered

“But Hankyung-oppa only liked Soo as a dongsaeng and nothing more!” Yuri said

“Ne! That’s right! I think that’s one of the reasons why Hae didn’t bother to get along with Soo”

“Oh! Ne! Hae and Soo were actually best friends before during their high school days. I heard that they were closer than Siwon and Eunhyuk” Yuri said immediately catching the attention of Ryeowook, Yoona and Kibum

“BWA???” all three shouted in unison

Yuri immediately bit her lip as she slipped. She was not supposed to tell that to others. “Mianhae!”

“They were close? And even best friends???” Yoona asked shocked, “But- but how come no one talks about it?”

“I don’t know. But Taeyeon seemed as if she doesn’t really want to tell others most especially to Soo”

“That’s weird!” Kibum said, “If Soo and Hae had been close since then, why are they like strangers to each other now? For sure something happened at the past”

“I think so too.” Ryeowook agreed, “Though Soo was close to Hyuk and Siwon during trainee days and we all know Siwon and Hyuk are the closest to Hae, we never actually saw Soo and Hae talk to each other but “Hi” and “Hello” only!”

“AH. That’s why” Yoona murmured

“Huh? What did you say?” Kibum asked Yoona who was shocked

“Ani” Yoona smiled before turning to Yuri, “Yul, what is it again?”

“What if we ask Yeonie?” Yuri suggested, “As I can see, she’s the only one who can answer our questions”

“That’s right! Let’s do it!” Yoona said

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun, Seohyun, Heechul and Jessica were cleaning upstairs. They were assigned to clean the second floor.

“Aigoo~ this is a lot of working to do!” Jessica complained, “How come the hardest part went to us?”

“Unnie, it’s not that hard! Actually, the smallest and easiest part of the house went to us! We’re lucky enough” Seohyun was convincing Jessica.

“Seohyun-ah! Is there something between Hae and Soo?” Heechul asked

“Why are you asking Seohyun? You should be asking me and not her!” Jessica protested, “Is she your girlfriend?”

“Err~ Unnie~” Seohyun didn’t know what to say

“That’s not it! Even though I wanted to ask you so badly, I can’t!” Heechul said, “Since you always sleep, I’m not sure if you know everything”

“YAH!”

“Stop it!” Kyuhyun said, “Isn’t it obvious? Soo and Hae were officially on! Didn’t you see where Soo sat? She sat beside Hae. Normally, she would sit beside Seohyun or Yeonie but today she didn’t!”

“But how come they were not telling us anything?” Jessica asked, “There’s supposed to be no secrets. NO SECRETS!”

“I don’t know but whatever it is, it got to be really personal! And I’m sure they’ll tell it to us soon”

“That’s right! I agree!” Heechul said, “I was just wondering why they aren’t telling us anything. Could it be Lee Sooman already knew it beforehand? If that’s the case, we must do something”

“Err~ I don’t think so! How come Lee Sooman-songsaegnim knew about it?” Seohyun asked, “We would know it first since we’re always with Soo-unnie and Hae-Oppa!”

“But there are things that we don’t know that only Lee Sooman-songsaegnim knows!” Kyuhyun said, “Remember the trainee days which Eunhyuk told us? Lee Sooman-songsaegnim actually has always been close to Hae. And not only that, they were pretty close to the extent that Lee-songsaegnim was visiting Hae to the school. I was pretty shocked myself. I didn’t know about it!”

“That’s true! Not even Sunny knows it” Jessica said, “Then we must really find out what’s stopping Soo and Hae-Oppa from telling us! I got a feeling that it was all because of it and that they don’t want to involve any of us in it that’s why they are telling it to us!”

“If that would be it, I think its better that Soo-unnie and Hae-Oppa were not committed to each other.” Seohyun said with her head bowed, “It’s just my opinion but I think it’ll be better that way. There’ll be no one hurting and no one to get punished.”

“Ya! Seohyun! Don’t say that!”

“But unnie, we’re not even sure yet of their feelings for each other! Remember, we’re the ones that pushed them together!” Seohyun exclaimed, “What if their feelings for each other weren’t real? What if they were just forced because of us?”

“But Eunhyuk and Siwon already said it before, didn’t they? Soo and Hae were very close! And all that’s stopping them is Lee Sooman-songsaegnim and his rules! We should do something for Soo so she could be happy!”

“Isn’t Sooyoung-unnie already happy with us? Are you saying that Soo-unnie wasn’t really happy to be with us?”

“That’s not what I meant, Seo Joo Hyun!” Jessica raised her voice, “Soo never had a boyfriend! Have you ever thought that Soo might want to have one? All those stories and thoughts she told us about having a boyfriend, it simply means that Soo wanted to have a boyfriend and Hae is the one!”

“How can you be so sure that it was Donghae-Oppa? Did Sooyoung-unnie say she liked him? Did she ever say that?”

“YA! Sica-ah! Seohyun-ah! Stop it already!” Heechul said

“You can say that because you were confident that even though you’re not answering Kyu, he would never leave you! That somehow, you don’t have to lose both. You were just afraid that Soo being with Hae will cause all of a trouble. How can you be so selfish, Seohyun not thinking of Sooyoung’s happiness?” Jessica said leaving them all

“Sica-ah! Wait! Come back here!” Heechul followed Jessica

Meanwhile Siwon, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Kangin who were assigned to clean the rest of the first floor along with the Music room, living room, Study room and Storage room. Suddenly, Tiffany saw Jessica passed by at the balcony to the girls’ room.

“Oh! Sica! Are you through with the second floor?” Tiffany asked

Jessica just passed by without even stopping to answer Tiffany.

“What happened to that girl?” Tiffany asked Kangin who was just beside him

Heechul then passed by following Jessica.

“YA! KIM HEECHUL!” Kangin called out Heechul, “What happened?”

“I’ll explain later!” Heechul immediately proceed to Jessica’s room.

 “What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked as she saw Tiffany and Kangin

“Aniyo! It might be lover’s quarrel!” Tiffany answered showing her eye smile

“Are you through with the Storage room?” Siwon asked who just came from Study room.

“Ne! How about the Study room?”

“We already cleaned it! We’re on our way to clean here in the living room!” Taeyeon said

“Then, we’ll be cleaning the Music room. Let’s go, Fany-ah!” Kangin said as they go together.

As Taeyeon and Siwon were cleaning the living room, Yuri went out of the kitchen and immediately went to them.

“Yeonie! Siwon-Oppa!” Yuri called out, “What do you think of Hae and Soo?”

“Hae and Soo?” Both asked

“Ne! Do you think they are officially on?” Yuri asked

“Soo didn’t say anything.” Taeyeon said

“But it was obvious that they were acting like a couple. So, I guess!” Siwon said making Taeyeon nod.

“It’s true, right? I think so too~”

“So?” Taeyeon asked

“YA! Of course we have to do something!”

“What do you mean?”

“First, we should make them tell us about their relationship and why they are hiding it to us!”

“You mean, Soo doesn’t tell you girls anything?” Siwon asked

“Ne, Oppa! But we thought it’s for the better. We thought maybe Soo was confused and would like to settle it down” Taeyeon said, “Ya! Yul! Let them be first! I’m sure they’ll tell it to us soon”

“Ah! Whatever! We’ll have a meeting on third floor at 12 midnight!”

Taeyeon laughed, “Ya! How can we have a meeting? We’re all staying in one big mansion! It’s impossible!”

“YA! Don’t you trust me, Yeonie?” Yuri said sending a thrilling look to Siwon and Taeyeon

Finally, the time of their meeting came up. They were all at the third floor. Suddenly, Yuri came up.

“Let’s start!” Yuri said

“Wait! What did you do to Soo and Hae? And I thought you’re going to bring Sica here? Where is she?” Sunny asked

“Sica doesn’t feel well so I just asked her to be on a look out for the two. They were on the music room. I told them manager-Oppa asked us to compose a song and that he needs it by tomorrow morning.” Yuri said bragging about her brilliant idea, “Anyway, do you notice something wrong to Sica? She’s weird”

“Oh! Ne! Ya! Kim Heechul! What happened earlier?” Tiffany asked, “I saw you went following Sica”

“Uhm… actually~” Heechul said looking at Seohyun

“What is it, Seohyun?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun

“They had a small misunderstanding” Kyuhyun finally said

“A small misunderstanding? About what?” Hyoyeon asked

“I was just voicing out my opinion.” Seohyun said in a bit firm tone

“Seohyun thinks that Lee Sooman-songsaegnim already knows about Soo and Hae that’s why they were not telling it to us because they don’t want us to be involve with.” Heechul stated

“I just think that if Sooman-songsaegnim were to found out then it would be better that Soo-unnie and Hae-oppa would not be together.” Seohyun exclaimed

“WAIT! So Soo and Hae are finally together as in- in a relationship?” Eunhyuk asked shocked

“DUH? Even the blind can tell!” Tiffany said, “We just need them to say it!”

“But we all knew that it was too late for it—“ Yoona was cut by Seohyun

“What do you mean late for it? Soo-unnie doesn’t tell us a thing that means she wasn’t sure. What if she doesn’t really have feelings for Hae-Oppa? Or worse, what if she was only forced because we always try to put them together?”

“Seohyun-ah! How can you say something like that?” Hyoyeon said

“Why? Why are you always like that? You always ignore my opinions and never consider it. You always do what you want! What about Sooyoung-unnie??”

“I don’t think you understand, Seohyun!” Taeyeon finally spoke up

“What do I not understand?” Seohyun almost shouted but remain calm

“Seohyun, have you ever tried to look at Sooyoung’s face? Have you ever seen how she does recently? Weren’t those new to you?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun, “Seohyun, you were giving us wrong reasons. I think you knew exactly how Sooyoung feels. I knew you knew in yourself that Sooyoung loves Donghae”

“Seohyun-ah! What’s wrong with you?” Sunny asked, “Why are you being like that?”

“Seo Joo Hyun, what do you know that you are not telling us?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun once again

“Nothing” Seohyun said not looking at any of them

“Then let me change the question” Taeyeon said, “Seo Joo Hyun, what are you afraid of?”

Seohyun was frozen in her place. Clearly, she was taken aback by the kid leader’s question.  She doesn’t know what to say.

“I just don’t want to see anyone suffer” Seohyun said shortly. She was lost for words

Taeyeon puff shortly before turning once again to Seohyun, “You found another excuse again, Seohyun. When will you tell us the truth? Do you think that I don’t know? I’ve known you for more than 10 years and I can tell what’s bothering you. It’s not about anyone suffering. You don’t want Soo and Hae to end up together, don’t you?”

“Really? Then why?” Seohyun asked bitterly

“It’s because you were afraid that when it happens, the past might repeat again. You were afraid that something bad will happen to Soo and that she might not remember anything again. You were also afraid that if Sooman-songsaegnim knew about it, the group might end up disbanding and go on separate ways. That’s also why you never answer Kyuhyun.”

“I was only worried for Soo-unnie that’s all!” Seohyun said as she turns away and leave them all. Kyuhyun immediately followed Seohyun.

They were all in shocked. They never thought that the girl’s maknae had thought like that.

“That’s enough for tonight! Let’s go back to our room and sleep” Taeyeon said as she leaves

-----0-----

While Taeyon was walking on the garden, she sat by at the bench just at the center of the garden. She looks up to the sky and sighs deeply. Just as she thought she was the only who was there, someone spoke.

“That was a deep sigh” It was Siwon

“Oppa! What are you doing here? I thought you’re asleep?” Taeyeon asked

“It appears that Soo is not the only one who was suffering of insomnia” Siwon said, “Don’t think that I don’t know. I’ve been watching you for years. Now tell me, what’s bothering you?”

Taeyeon sat up straight, “Nothing much... I guess I was just taken aback by Seohyun’s words”

“Oh! Right! You did a good job back there. I was worried that Seohyun might misunderstand all of it.” Siwon said, “But back then, were’nt you the same as Seohyun?”

“HUH? What do you mean?”

“Afraid that Soo might get hurt” Siwon uttered, “Yeonie, you don’t have to say what you’re feeling. I know it! Just like Seohyun, you were worried too. And the words you said to Seohyun are the words you actually want yourself to believe.”

“I don’t know. Maybe” Taeyeon answered shortly. “I guess that’s why I talked like that to Seohyun, because I am like that too”

-----0-----