-Chapter 26-

-E S C A P E-

The next morning, everyone was tired. They all didn’t have a good sleep as they all were taking care of Sooyoung. They were afraid that Sooyoung might hurt Sunmi again or worse herself. All girls slept at Sooyoung’s room while the boys slept at the girls’ living room.

Tiffany and Hyoyeon went down to the kitchen and prepared the breakfast. After an hour, they all went down to eat the breakfast prepared by the girls. Sooyoung was with them. She was still not ok after last night and kept on being silent. Finally, Sungmin and Sunmi went downstairs. They could have avoided Sooyoung but Sunmi insist on eating together with her. Sungmin noticed the vacant chair beside. Sunny didn’t go down for breakfast.

Sunmi was watching Sooyoung as she eats. She wanted to know if Sooyoung would do something to her again. She was not afraid after what had happened instead she was even more persistent on taking reveange at Sooyoung.

Sunmi then started to eat. She was eating as if nothing happened.

“You know, last night” Sunmi break the silence, “It was fun!”

Jessica was about to do something but was stopped by Heechul.

Sunmi only smiled at Jessica. She wanted to see if Sooyoung would be annoyed.

“It would have been more fun if I could have seen more. I was quite shocked. I should have known that that little thing would be only the cause of your anger, I could have done it before.” Sunmi said, “It should be really precious to you. Seeing how you got mad last night, only Siwon, Donghae, Kibum and Kangin could stop you!”

“Ya! Aren’t you taught of table manners?” Seohyun’s spoke, “If you have something to say, say it somewhere else, not in front of the table, not here!”

“Fine! I just want to let Sooyoung know” Sunmi said, “Is that all you can do? I was expecting more from you. How could you disappoint me?”

“Ya! Sunmi! Stop it already!” Sungmin said

“You’re funny!” Sunmi said, “You’re actually one big scaredy cat! After hurting me like that, all you do is being silent now! You’re nothing! FINE! I can’t deal with people like you anyway! Such a bore~”

Sunmi stood up and left them all.

“Aish! When will this end?” Kibum was mad, “I lost my appetite. I’ll be in the music room!”

“Oppa, I’ll go with you!” Yoona said following Kibum.

“I can’t believe this is happening” Tiffany said in dismay

“This should come to an end right now” Kangin said

“It’ll only end if Sunmi would stop bothering Sooyoung!” Tiffany exclaimed looking at Sungmin, “If she was not your sister, I could have pull all her hair out not leaving one single strand!”

Tiffany left agrily.

“This will be a long battle!”

The tension that filled the whole mansion has still not immersed. Everyone was worried to death. They have seen enough of Sooyoung’s anger; they don’t want to see more. Though, Sooyoung was not showing any signs of anger and was remaining silent now, they were still scared.

Seohyun, Tiffany and Kyuhyun were all at the living room. They couldn’t stop from worrying. They kept thinking of solution on how to put an end to Sunmi and Sooyoung’s wrath. Suddenly, Sunny came downstairs and sat beside Seohyun.

“Is Soo still not ok?” Sunny asked

“Ne” Seohyun said worriedly

“Seohyun-ah! Fany-ah!” Sunny started, “I’m really sorry! It’s all because of me. I wanted to make Sunmi go but she said she’d tell everyone that we’re here. I couldn’t just let her do it so I decided to let her stay. When I found out that she doesn’t have any room to rest, I let her stay in my room. I just felt bad.”

“It’s ok, Sunny-unnie! We understand. You only did what you think is right.” Seohyun said cheering up Sunny

“Forget it already! No one blames you anyway” Tiffany added, “It’s just everyone’s worried of Sooyoung. I AM worried of her. We don’t have any idea of how much more she could do especially now that Sooyoung is just being silent. We don’t know what’s running in her mind”

“Do Hae-oppa and the rest still look out for Soo?” Sunny asked

“Ne” Kyuhyun answered, “They try to convince Soo until now. I wonder how long this will happen. We’ve been here for 2 months long. Any time soon, everything’s going back to normal”

“Oh, ne! You’re right, Oppa!” Seohyun got more worried, “If we won’t be able to end this, it will cause a major problem! What should we do?”

“That means, we should think of a way immediately” Tiffany said as she thinks

Sunny bow her head, “What if we call Soojin-unnie? Maybe she can help?”

“There’s no way! If we called her, manager-oppa will know it and we’ll be punished!” Seohyun said, "They said we shouldn't call someone from outside."

“I know a way!” Kyuhyun stood up

“You do?”

“Hae told me something about a place where no one could track a call from this mansion. If the call can’t be track down, no one will know that we called someone from outside.” Kyuhyun said as he lead the way, “Come on! Follow me!”

Meanwhile at Sooyoung’s room. Sooyoung was just sitting at her bed watching the girls. The girls don’t know what Sooyoung thinking is. Although, she was not doing anything yet, the aura she had last night still remain the same.

“Soo-unnie” Yoona said as she sat beside her, “Please, stop this, huh?”

 “Soo, I know how important those are for you. I know very well that every thing that has great value to you, you took care of it so much” Jessica said, “But what more important is memories, right? It’s the most important thing. If we only think of happy memories, everything will be ok again”

“Soo, please, just come back to normal. It’s scary to see you be like this and I can’t imagine you come to the point of not being able to control yourself anymore and end up hurting yourself. I can’t Soo!” Yuri convinced even more, “Soo, please, I’m begging you. Just stop this and go back to normal, huh?”

“You’re wasting your time” Sooyoung said, “Talking to me won’t change anything so just let me be”

“But you might kill her!” Taeyeon exclaimed

“It’s ok. I’ve already killed her in my mind many times. Killing her for real doesn’t make a difference!”

“Choi Sooyoung, do you hear yourself? Do you know what you are saying?” Taeyeon approached her, “You’re going to kill her and that’s ok for you???That’s not the Choi Sooyoung I know!”

“Do you… really know me, Kim Taeyeon?” Sooyoung said looking at Taeyeon, “You disappoint me. I thought out of all people, you’re the one who knows me best but I guess I was wrong”

Sooyoung stood up and went to the door. She was about to go but Yuri and Yoona immediately blocked the door.

“You don’t want to be doing that!” Sooyoung said, “Get out of my way!”

“No! We won’t! Soo, I know you really don’t want to do this. Put an end to this now, huh?” Yuri said

Sooyoung pushed Yuri and Yoona away from the door. Sher was about to open it but Jessica and Taeyeon blocked her as well however; they got thrown away almost hitting the opposite wall. As Sooyoung opened the door, Siwon and Donghae immediately blocked Sooyoung and stop her. They saw the girls lying on the floor.

“LET ME GO!!!” Sooyoung said, “I SAID LET ME GO!!!”

Suddenly, Heechul injected something on Sooyoung which let her fell unconscious.

“What was that?” Donghae asked seeing the injection in Heechul’s hands

“I saw at the medicine kit. Don’t worry she’ll be only asleep for 15 minutes.” Heechul answered

-Flashback-

Sooyoung was crying inside of her room. Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door. It opened revealing her grandmother who immediately approached her.

“What’s wrong, sweetie? Why are you crying?”

“I don’t get it” Sooyoung was crying very hard

“What do you mean?” Her grandma sat at her bed near her

“All of these! Why do I have to do all of these?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about sweetie. Tell me exactly what’s going on”

 “Everyone! They wanted me to do what they want! It’s just doesn’t feel right! Why should they decide on what I want to do? Grandma, I don’t want to go somewhere else. I don’t want to study at Japan. I just want to stay here in Korea. Please, tell them! Convince them! I only want to be here, here with you!”

“Sooyoung~”

“I hate them all! I hate them! Because of them, I can’t do the things I want! They only want what they wanted! They never really care of what I feel! THEY DON’T CARE ON WHAT WE FEEL! They even disregard Soojin-unnie’s dream! Soojin-unnie doesn’t really want to be a pianist! She wanted to be an actress!”

“Sooyoung, don’t say that! Your parents only want whats best for you. You might be young to understand this but sooner you’ll understand why they are doing this. It is for your own good. They are teaching you, providing you with everything you need, and working hard, its all for you. Later, when you finally grew up, when you finally know what you really want, you can do anything. But right now, you must follow your parents. Don’t hate them because they are not letting you do what you wanted.”

“Grandma~ I will never understand them! How can I possibly understand the people who I almost don’t see everyday? Appa is busy with the company the whole day, Omma is busy with her teachings in the morning and running the clothing business in the afternoon, and when they come home, they go to sleep and first day of the morning again, they asked all the maids to do what they wanted. I can’t even talk to Soojin-unnie anymore! She goes to school and whenever she had a free time, she would spend it with playing piano! She even plays piano in her dreams! It’s like im not existing! It’s better that I wasn’t born than to live like not existing! I’m all alone!”

“Sooyoung, don’t say that! Your life is a blessing to us, to your family, to me! Your appa and omma couldn’t be there for you because they want to give you the best that you could have. It’s only for a short time, Sooyoung. Everything will come back again to normal. You know very well that the company isn’t doing well after your grandfather left the company. They might not be able to spend time with you but sooner, they will be. Please, be more understanding, huh?”

“How can I be? Even when they were not around, all that they want should be done!”

“I’m going to give you something” Sooyoung’s grandma gave her a snowball, “You know this snowball is not just an ordinary one. It’s special. Once you feel sad, or mad, all you got to do is look at this snowball. Just shake it and watch as the snow falls on the ground and then you will feel better again. All those sadness and hatred will turn into happiness. You won’t feel alone again.”

-End of Flashback-

-----0-----

They were all at the living room. They’ve been tired all day long thinking ofhow to make everything go back to normal and stop Sooyoung from harming Sunmi.

“I don’t know what to do anymore! Locking her up at her room will never be a good idea” Yuri said exhaustedly

“But all we can do right now is to prevent Soo-unnie from harming Sunmi! Aish that girl! Why does she have to be here?” Yoona said angrily referring to Sunmi who was still at the boy’s room.

“This can’t go on forever! We must do something now!” Kibum said

“Aigoo~ we can’t do anything right now!” Kangin said looking at Kibum, “We don’t even know how to stop Sooyoung”

“I can’t believe Sooyoung is being like this just all because of a snowball” Heechul said

“It’s not just an ordinary snowball” Siwon said making everyone curious, “It was given to her by her grandma”

“That’s what I heard to. But what does make it special?” Ryeowook asked out of curiousity

“It’s the only thing that could make Sooyoung’s pain, sadness and hatred go away” Siwon said not moving from where he was standing. He was looking through the window, “Sooyoung once tried to take away her life because she was feeling miserable. At that time, her family’s company was facing a huge crisis that may soon lead to bankruptcy after her grandfather fell sick. All day long, her parents were working. At the very young age, she had to understand everything and act like an adult. She had to do whatever she was ordered to do so. And when the scholarship came, they wanted her to take it and go to Japan. Her grandma came and gave it to her. From then on, whenever she would feel sad or angry, she would just look at it and she will be ok again. For her, that snowball means a lot.”

“Now I understand” Heechul said, “But now that it is gone, nothing could make Sooyoung’s sadness or hatred goes away”

“It’s just a thought but… Does Sooyoung’s grandma still have one? Maybe we could give her another one so she could go back to normal again” Eunhyuk said

“No. It’s the only one in the world” Siwon answered

“Huh? Only one in the world?” Yuri repeated

“It was made by Sooyoung’s grandmother’s father.” Taeyeon said, “It was the only one in the world. It was given to Sooyoung’s grandmother when she was a kid and Sooyoung’s grandmother gave it to her.”

“Then how about we just make another one?” Eunhyuk suggested once again

“That’s what I thought too but seeing our situation in here right now, there is no way”

“But how do we make Soo go back to normal?” Hyoyeon asked desperately

“There’s only one thing” Donghae said standing up, “It sounds impossible but it’s the only way. We must bring Sooyoung’s grandmother here!”

“WHAT??? Are you insane? That can’t be!!!” Jessica said in her straight native English speaking skill

“That’s why he said it’s impossible!” Heechul said, “But we don’t have any options right now”

“How can we let someone from outside in here?” Yuri asked

“GUYS! GUYS!” Kyuhyun came in there with Seohyun, Tiffany and Sunny

“We find a solution” Seohyun said panting

“What?” Ryeowook said as they all gather up

“You remember the place you told me, Hae? Where no one can track a phone call?” Kyuhyun asked

“In the basement?” Donghae respond

“We go there and use the hand phone Kyu-oppa kept” Sunny said, “We called Soojin-unnie”

“Then? Did you ask her to go here?” Yoona asked excitedly

“Yes but unfortunately she can’t” Tiffany said

“But she said she’s going to send their grandmother in here. It turns out that Sooyoung’s grandmother knows this place too and that she was living not far from here” Seohyun said

“YES!” They all shouted in unison

“Any moment, she’ll be here” Kyuhyun said

After an hour, the expected visitor finally came. Siwon opened the door

“Halmuhni!” Taeyeon called out in teary eyes

“Annyeong Haseyo” Everyone greeted politely

“Halmuhni! Help us! Sooyoung~” Taeyeon cried out

“I know! Soojin told me what happened” Sooyoung’s grandmother, Mrs. Moon said, “However, I’m not the only one who came here”

“HUH?” Everyone was shocked as they all saw the person Sooyoung’s grandmother was referring to

“Lee Sooman-Songsaegnim?” Everyone said in unison

“What are you doing here, Songsaegnim?” Yoona asked still in shocked state

“I heard what happened” Mr. Lee stepped in, “Where is she?”

“Sooyoung’s in her room” Jessica answered

“I’m asking about Sunmi” Mr. Lee said

Just then, Sungmin came downstairs as they heard noises. He was with Sunmi

“Lee- Songsaegnim” Sunmi said with a shaking voice

“We need to talk, Lee Sunmi”

“I know she barge in without informing everyone else but what do you need from her?” Sungmin asked

“Lee Sunmi- you broke the rules.” Mr. Lee said, “You left the training camp in Japan and went straight here. You signed another contract with different company even though you still have a contract with us and cast yourself in the movie and destroy it. And now, you even took some documents about the company and release it in public!”

“What? Sunmi!” Sungmin turned to Sunmi who was shaking, “You did--??”

“THIS IS ABSURD” Sunmi shouted, “I only did what’s right! You destroyed my career! You and Sooyoung! You took her side when you know completely that I was the one telling the truth!”

“I didn’t take sides! You misunderstood everything!” Mr. Lee exclaimed, “You blamed the wrong person. It wasn’t Sooyoung. It was you! You did it to yourself, remember? You were about to debut but upon hearing rumors about Sooyoung being the crowd’s favorite; you suddenly get jealous and tried to hurt her!”

“ANIYO! That’s not true! You were only protecting her!”

“Sunmi-ah! You're mad! You're CRAZY” Jessica yelled at her, “How can you do such thing to her? Because of your jealousy, you destroyed yourself and blames Sooyoung for it. You got everyone’s attention back then! But because you thought of Sooyoung as a threat, you tried to hurt her and the reporters saw what happened. You’re the one who did it to yourself”

“Sunmi! How can you do it?” Sungmin was angry, “You disappoint me!”

“Oppa, Aniyo! Don’t believe them! Oppa!” Sunmi cried out. But when she saw Sungmin not believing her anymore, she ran away.

“YA! SUNMI” Sungmin said

“I’ll handle things here from now on!” Mr. Lee said

 Mr. Lee went after Sunmi while they all went to the girls’ room. Mrs. Moon was the only one who entered Sooyoung’s room. They were all waiting outside, hoping that everything will be ok now. After waiting for few hours, the door opened finally. Mrs. Moon came out immediately closing the door.

“How did it go?” Taeyeon and the rest stand up

“Don't worry anymore” Mrs. Moon smiled at them, "She's back"

“Oh! Thank god!” They said in unison

“I felt like we’re waiting for a doctor to come out of the patient’s room back there!” Eunhyuk said

“She’s only sleeping for now. She’s very tired after everything that happened” Mrs. Moon

“But what about the snowball?” Kyuhyun asked

“We can never bring it back. It was the only thing that can absorb her pain and losing it makes her anxious” Mrs. Moon said, “But I think its better that it got destroyed. Giving it to her made her rely too much in it which is not good. It’s better that she can let go her pain on her own without any help from anything or anyone”

“Halmuhni, thanks for coming in here” Taeyeon said embracing Mrs. Moon

“Aigoo~ you’re still like that beautiful kid” Mrs. Moon said, “I’m glad you’re still there for Soo”

“I will never leave her. The girls will always be here for her, always!”

“We meet again, Lee Donghae” Mrs. Moon said looking at Donghae

“Huh?” Donghae was confused

“I see… you still don’t remember” Mrs. Moon said leaving Donghae and the rest confused, “Anyway, I think you should all pack up now!”

“Pack-Up?” Seohyun asked, “But why?”

“Oh! Right! You all still don’t know. You will be going back to Seoul now. Everything has been handled. All of your schedules were also handled and you’re expected to start as soon as possible”