-Chapter 36-

-E S C A P E-

Donghae and Sooyoung went to the rehearsal room together. Their filming just got through and so they headed back to the company to meet the others. Yoona got there first. It was just the two of them at the rehearsal room.

They were sitting at the floor, leaning their backs against the mirror.

“Sooyoung!” Donghae called, “Do you remember, when we were at the garden?”

“Huh? What garden?”

“At the mansion!” Donghae continued, “At that time, it was your birthday and I gave you something”

“Oh! Ne! Your grandma’s necklace! What about it?”

“I just thought, if by any chance, our relationship goes on up until now” Donghae smiled, “We could be celebrating our 4th anniversary now”

Sooyoung was silenced. She couldn’t find the right words to say. She immediately touches her neck feeling it as if she was wearing the necklace.

“Unfortunately we won’t” Sooyoung said, “I’m not even sure if it’s unfortunate enough or not. Just look at the achievements we had. We both had a great life, achieve great success, lived on top, we become famous and soaring even higher, what more we could ask for? It all wouldn’t happen if we choose to stick together”

“Sooyoung-“

“I’m not saying I regret it. No, I never regret any of it. Those were my happiest moments with you. And if I would be given a chance, I’d still do the same.” Sooyoung smiled

Donghae could only watch her as she say those words. He couldn’t blame her, not even Kim Youngmin or everyone else, there’s no one to blame. Not even him.

“But now, things got even more complicated” Donghae said

“Yeah! You’re right! Things got more complicated” Sooyoung said, “If you think it thorough, one wrong step and you’re doomed. In our situation, we got to think wisely. We’re not just a simple person anymore. In every success, there are sacrifices”

“If we had chosen the other path, we may be happy but we would hurt the ones we love and most probably lose everything we have”

“But we chose the other way, prevent our love ones from hurting, achieve success, and sacrifice happiness.” Sooyoung said, “We could never be together. There’s just-“

“Too many obstacles?” Donghae continued, “But it’s never too late, Sooyoung”

“Donghae, do you really think we could be together?”

“Why not?”

Sooyoung was taken aback by Donghae’s response. He answered right away without even thinking about it. Sooyoung shook her head, “I was just thinking ofBianca. If we, by any chance, get back together, how about Bianca? She’ll surely get hurt. I don’t want to hurt anyone”

Donghae hold her hand, “You won’t be hurting her, I promise”

“I do hope so”

Sooyoung then closed her eyes suddenly, memories flash in her mind. She thought of all the happy memories, reasons why she keeps on going and never gives up. Even though, she has been through a lot, she still has a lot of reasons to keep smiling, reasons that give her the strength to carry on. She smiled widely as she opens her minds and looks around as if the memories were happening right in front of her.

“Ah! I wonder why everyone was late. It couldn’t be they all woke up late” Sooyoung chuckled

“It must be because they were all busy on their schedules” Donghae said, “Come on! Stop worrying about them. Let’s just dance!”

“Dance? What for? It’s not like we’re going to perform together”

Donghae stood up and pull Sooyoung closer. “We don’t need to practice for a performance so we could dance together, do we? We can just simply dance!”

Sooyoung felt blood rushing through her cheeks as they both started to dance. They were dancing to a slow tempo. Donghae’s hand was holding her right hand while the other was on her waist. Sooyoung, on the other hand was holding Donghae’s hand while the other was at his shoulders. They danced for a while. When the music was about to end, it suddenly switched to an upbeat, energetic and fast tempo. They both danced gracefully following the rythym. After some minutes, they ended it with both their faces few meters apart. They just stare at each other, without any word utter.

These gave them some thoughts. It was during these times when they would dance together and end up looking at each other’s faces. Who could’ve thought that history indeed repeats?

Suddenly, Taeyeon open up the door widely immediately witnessing the sweet moment shared by the two. Everyone else saw what happened too as they were altogether. Sooyoung immediately pushed Donghae and breathed deeply as she goes back to her things grabbing a bottle of water and drink straightly.

All the members went in teasing the two. They all couldn’t believe what they just saw.

“Tell me honestly because as far as I can remember, there was no scene at the MV where you two are going to dance like that!” Yoona said to which Donghae just let out a smile

“OH MY GOD! Tell me, is this for real??” Jessica asked

“From what I saw, there is no better explanation from it. It says it all!” Heechul said

“It’s not like that, guys~” Donghae said looking at Sooyoung

“If it’s not then what is it?” Eunhyuk said, “Come on! We’re grownups now!”

“I think the MV project helps you guys a lot!” Siwon said joining them, “Don’t you guys think?”

“Just stop denying it! You guys looked so perfectly fit together and WE mean it!” Kibum said

Suddenly, the door opened revealing Bianca. Everyone was disappointed but not Bianca. It’s like she is used to their usual reaction. She immediately run to Donghae and wrap her arms around him. She knew very well that everyone was talking happily but when she came, everyone went quiet and went to their own business.

“Oppa! Let’s go on a date!” Bianca said cuddling at Donghae’s arm like a real child.

“Mianhae, Bianca” Donghae said putting her hands away from him, “I’m very busy as of this moment”

“Aww… Um… How about tomorrow?” Bianca insisted putting on a puppy face and places her arms at his neck making Donghae shiver in surprise.

“Mian” Donghae smiled lightly trying to get her hands away.

“Ya! Bianca! Stop displaying such affection in public!” Jessica said annoyed, “Aish! Don’t you even have any respect for yourself?”

“Why? As far as I can remember, everyone here knows about my relationship with Donghae and besides, I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t! It’s just us inside here!” Bianca answered confidently

“Aish!” Jessica couldn’t say anything

“At least have some respect for us who are here” Seohyun said making everyone shocked, “This is a place for the artists to practice and not for couples to display such of affection in here. To think that you are even a girl, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for all those girls being accused of such and such saying how flirt they are nowadays. And to consider that you are a celebrity, it’s such a shame! No matter who are you with, you should always consider everyone else, what if pictures come out on public with you two flirting in here? Please, give us some respect!”

Bianca immediately took her hands away from Donghae’s neck. Everyone is shocked seeing Seohyun speak that way. Sooyoung walked through to Seohyun.

“Mianhae, Seohyun-ah!” Sooyoung showed an apologetic face, “It’s my fault”

“Unnie, Aniyo! That’s not what I mean-“

“Aniyo, it’s my fault. Please, do forgive me.” Sooyoung said

Suddenly, Sooyoung’s phone beeps making her look who messaged her. It was none other than Kim Youngmin. Sooyoung immediately straighten up. She looks nervous as ever. Her phone finally rings and she immediately answered it leaving them all to talk in a private place.

“How did you get my number?” Sooyoung asked

“Sooyoung, is that how you’re greeting your boss?”

“Boss?” Sooyoung rolled her eyes. She just wants to get it over with. “Just say what you want. Why did you call?”

“Who do you think I called? You!”

“What is it?”

“We need to talk. You and I. understand?”

“What if I don’t want to?”

“You don’t have a choice. You’ll do as I say. I’ll call you when and where”

The other line immediately hangs up. She was shaking when she puts down her phone.

“What does he want from me? Why did he call me? What does he want to talk about? Why? Why?” Sooyoung could only think of questions with no further answers

As she was walking back to the rehearsal room, she met Bianca. She stoped and waits for Bianca to go to her. As expected, Bianca stoped in front of her.

“I’m sure you know very well about my and Donghae’s relationship, don’t you?”

“Yes”

“Of course! You were there when he had asked to be my boyfriend. You also know that we have known each other and worked together for a long time already”

“Yes, I’m aware of it”

“You know that I trust you, right? Of all people, you’re the only one I trust so much”

“What do you mean?”

“Even though you and I have only known each other for a short time, I think of you as my bestfriend”

“Bianca-“

“What I am saying is” Bianca draw nearer to Sooyoung, “I trust that you will be the one to look after my boyfriend. I think you already know that I’m the type of person who easily get jealous of other girls flirting with my boyfriend so I expect that when I’m not around, you’ll be the one to tell me if there are girls flirting with him. That’s what bestfriends do right?”

Sooyoung couldn’t say anything.

“You’ll do it for me, right? We’re bestfriends and bestfriends protect each other. If you have a boyfriend, I’ll make sure that no girl would lure around him too so I expect you would do the same”

Bianca then left but before she could even disappear, Sooyoung turned around and speak.

“What do you think you are doing? Why are you asking me such things?”

Bianca turns around to face Sooyoung. She showed no expression.

“What makes you think I’ll do it for you?” Sooyoung said, “Ah! Aniyo! Why are you even doing this?”

“Sooyoung! What are you saying? Aren’t we bestfriends? Come on! Besides, it’s just a simple favor. It won’t be much of a burden since you two are working together. And it hurts me everytime, I see girls luring around him.”

“Bianca!” Sooyoung said, “I don’t believe that it’s just the reason. Why are you doing this? Why me?”

“Why Sooyoung? You can’t do it?” Bianca went near to Sooyoung, “Why? Why can’t you do it? What’s stoping you?”

“I don’t have any reason why I should do it. If you have doubts with your boyfriend’s loyalty it’s your problem not mine, don’t involve me with it. I have no desire in taking part in your fairy-tale like relationship.”

“Come on, Sooyoung! You can’t fool me. You can fool everyone but not me!”

“You’re delusional! You’re obsessed and pathetic” Sooyoung said, “Think whatever you like to but I’m not buying it”

Sooyoung started to walk away but Bianca still had something to say.

“Don’t you ever dare think that I don’t know about you and Donghae’s relationship?!” Bianca exclaimed

Sooyoung was stopped upon hearing what Bianca said but she didn’t bother to turn.

“Yeah! It’s true! I know very well that you and Donghae used to have a relationship and unfortunately it did not end very well and because you were so brokenhearted you couldn’t move on. Apparently, you still have the same feelings for him!”

“You were right about me and Donghae having a relationship but somehow you were wrong!” Sooyoung said placing a devilish smile while facing Bianca, “What makes you conclude that it ended already? You’re wrong! Besides, we were in the midst of planning to start again.”

Sooyoung finally leave. Bianca was very much annoyed having lost the argument to Sooyoung.

 When Sooyoung had entered the room, Donghae immediately went to her.

“What took you so long?” Donghae asked

Sooyoung chuckled, “I was just gone for a few minutes!”

“So who was it? Who called you?” Donghae asked

Sooyoung’s smile fades away. “You don’t need to know!”

Sooyoung turned away but Donghae grabs her hands and looked at her.

“Not this time, Sooyoung. Tell me, who is it?”

Still not looking at his eyes, Sooyoung answered, “Kim Youngmin”

“What? What does he want?” Donghae put both his hands on her arms holding her in full grip

“He just wanted to talk” She said calmly to ease the worriness in Donghae

Yuri immediately went to her, “And what did you say?”

“I couldn’t reject, of course. He told me he’ll call again to tell me when and where”

“Do you know what he needs from you?” Kangin asked

“Not really. I don’t have any idea why he wanted to talk to me”

“It must be about your contract with AVEX” Hyoyeon said, “I heard from his secretary that Kim Youngmin was so upset of Sooyoung signing with AVEX and he wanted to get her back to the company. I also heard he had a meeting with them”

“Unnie, what are we going to do?” Seohyun asked

Sooyoung smiled at Seohyun’s worried face, “Don’t worry! He can’t do anything. He can’t touch me. Ok?”