-Chapter 12-

-E S C A P E-

Taeyeon entered her room and found Yuri, Yoona and Jessica who were standing beside the wall. It was as if they were eavesdropping. Sooyoung’s room is just beside Taeyeon’s room.

“What are you girls doing there?” Taeyeon asked

Jessica took Taeyeon while Yuri closed the door. They explained it to her.

“Wait! Don’t tell me you guys still don’t give up with Soo and Hae?” Taeyeon asked

“Yeonie!” Jessica said, “Didn’t you see the look in Hae’s face when Soo faint? He was so worried!”

“Ne! Hae-oppa even carried Soo-unnie in bridal way which he RARELY does!” Yoona added

“Come on! Not now! Soo’s sick” Taeyeon said sitting in her bed

“But Yeonie, now’s the chance! We better grab the opportunity!” Yuri insisted, “Or else, it might just come and go!”

“Look here girls! Soo’s really sick! If she found out what we are doing, she’ll surely get mad!”

“But what we are doing is for her!” Jessica said, “Besides, she won’t know if no one tells her right?”

“You girls are crazy!” Taeyeon said when suddenly they haeard noises

“Wait! Come here guys!” Yuri said. They all went to the wall and try to hear something

“You girls heard it, right?” Yoona asked shocked

-----0-----

“YA!” Seohyun shouted as she opened the door.

It made Donghae startled and almost jumps on his seat. He was shocked and at the same time afraid to what Seohyun did. Did she saw? Oh my god! It can’t be! What am I going to do?

Suddenly, Tiffany appeared at Seohyun’s back. “Ya! What are you shouting for?”

“Mianhae, unnie!” Seohyun said, “I was just excited to see Soo unnie but then she was still asleep.”

“Aigoo! Chincha!” Tiffany said. The 2 girl finally entered the room. Tiffany put the fruits at the desk while Seohyun went beside Sooyoung.

“Omo! Soo-unnie looks so cute when she’s asleep! Look Fany-unnie!” Seohyun exclaimed, “Doesn’t she look like a princess waiting for a prince to kiss her?”

Donghae’s blood rushes through his cheeks. He was red like a tomato. He was nervous to what the innocent maknae said. He was shooking in his seat.

As the girls were cutting down the fruits noisily, Donghae was silently sitting on his chair.

“Unnie! That was really cute!” Seohyun said to Tiffany who was busy cutting the fruits with her

“Chincha? You think she’ll like it?”

“Ne” Seohyun nods

“Then, I’ll make another one!” Tiffany said cutely

While they were busy, suddenly Donghae stood up. “I’ll just go outside”

“Oh? A-arsso!”

As he was about to go, he felt something touched his hand which make him stop. Donghae quickly turn around and saw the lovely face of the cheerful Shikshin.

“Sooyoung!”

Both girls quickly turned to the girl who was lying and now is conscious. Tiffany quickly went outside to tell others and Seohyun burst into tears seeing her unnie now smiling. Donghae went closer as Sooyoung was holding his hand tightly.

“Unnie! You’re awake!” Seohyun said, “Are you ok now?”

“Ne!”

“You scared us earlier! Don’t ever do that again!”

Sooyoung chuckled lightly, “I’ve never heard the maknae scold me like that. It’s cute!”

“Sooyoung?” Donghae called her name. She was smiling at him.

“Donghae-ssi?” Sooyoung smiled, “Were you the one who take care of me?

Donghae didn’t answer. He was just looking around.

 “Gomawoyo!” Sooyoung smiled even more

Donghae doesn’t know why but there was something about her smile. It made him feel different. It was good seeing her smile. It makes him feel very good.

Soon, the whole room starts to be filled with the Girls’ Generation members and Super Juniors boys. Donghae then went outside. He was walking all by himself at the beach, throwing sands on his feet for hours. He felt happy seeing Sooyoung finally awake but at the same time, he was sad. With lots of attention from different people, he was suddenly out of her sight. It was almost there but then in just a snap of fingers, he couldn’t be seen. It made him sad that Sooyoung’s attention was turned away as soon as her close friends came in. It made him feel less important.

He smirks at himself, “What was I thinking? Why would you look for me? We were never close. We’re actually the most awkward couple ever made.” Donghae sounds hurt with his words.

 “The most unreal, unseen, rare couple made in history. If we were paired up, it would be a total disaster. She’s too perfect for a guy like me. And I’m less~”

“…less imperfect!”

Donghae quickly turned around as he heard someone speaks. It made him shocked seeing her there, standing not far from him.

“What are you doing here? You’re sick! You should go back inside!” Donghae said as soon as she saw the Shikshin. He’s not sure how many she had heard but that was not really important for him.

“I’m ok now! No need to yell at me!” Sooyoung said, “Aigoo! You sound like my mom for a moment. I suddenly miss her. Ah! I know! I should call her when we got back to Seoul!”

“Soo, it’s already late at night!”

“So? Don’t worry! If I say I’m ok, I’m really ok!” Sooyoung said, “Ah! You were saying something earlier!”

“Huh?” Donghae suddenly got nervous. Geez. What did she hear?

“I am saying something? Of course not!” Donghae quickly defended

“I was certain! You were even talking to me!” Sooyoung said looking happy

“You know what? You had a bad habit! Eavesdropping is really not a good one to keep!”

“HEY! I’m not eavesdropping! You were yelling!” Sooyoung said, “And besides, don’t change the topic! You can never escape. You were saying something to me!”

“Soo, I’m not talking to you!”

“Ok. Well, then, who were you talking to?”

Donghae then looked around as he realized, it was just the two of them outside. “I’m talking to myself! Can’t I?”

“Ok! Then, who were you and yourself talking about?

“Boy’s talk! No girls allowed!”

“BWA?” Sooyoung said. She started walking, “I bet it’s the saleslady! But she’s pathetic so it couldn’t be her! Aniya! NEVER!”

Sooyoung was talking to herself. She keeps figuring it out. It seems she was really interested about it.

“Soo, why don’t you go back inside? You’re gonna catch cold!” Donghae said but the girl keeps on walking and just ignores him, “If you fall again. I’m not gonna help you!”

He was about to leave her but then he quickly runs to her as he saw her fell again. He was so worried.

“Soo? Soo! SOOYOUNG!” Donghae yelled trying to wake her up. Suddenly, the girl opened her eyes. She smirks at him playfully.

“Look who said he’s not going to help me?” Sooyoung said

“Aish!” Donghae said standing up annoyed

“Wait!” Sooyoung said, “Will you do me a favor?”

“No! I’m not going to do a favor for someone who’s playful enough to do something like that”

“PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSEEEE???” Sooyoung pleaded but it’s not working, “Please, Donghae-ssi! Look! I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to. Please? Oppa???”

Donghae was a bit pissed. His heart almost dropped as he saw her fall again. He thought she’s going to fall sick again.

“He seems really pissed!” Sooyoung said to herself. She just watches him go. She didn’t mean it though. She doesn’t have an idea he would react like that. She then turned around and goes with a sadness seen on her face. Even though it was already dark, her sadness could still be seen. She starts to sob as she walks away.

“I said I didn’t mean to! Why so upset about it?” Sooyoung said. She was hugging herself trying to overcome her fear. She hates being alone and walking alone makes her feel scared. “I guess the rumors were true! You’re a selfish rude brat!”

Sooyoung then felt colder. She starts to sneeze. “O-Oh! This is not good!”

Suddenly, she heard footsteps and before she knew it, a jacket flew on her shoulders. She turned around and saw the Innocent Fish. She was shocked to see him there.

“Everyone will be worried if you catch cold again! It’s really bothersome!” Donghae said not looking at her. He then starts to walk.

Sooyoung was just watching him. She couldn’t believe it. He returned back for her. Though, he didn’t say it was directly but she was sure happy. She could hear her heart jumps to joy. She then runs to him and shared the jacket with him.

“The fans will kill me if I let their favorite amazing innocent fish got sick!”

“Favorite Amazing Innocent Fish?” Donghae repeated

Sooyoung then stopped. A big wide smile was seen on her face. “We’re here!”

Sooyoung run to it. Donghae followed her. They finally reached the Windmill. Donghae watch as Sooyoung jumps to joy. He can tell she was really happy seeing it.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Sooyoung said

“Yeah! Sure, it is!” Donghae said amazed by the windmill

Sooyoung then sat at the hay stack in front of the windmill and carefully lies in it. Donghae did the same next to her.

“This is one big old windmill!”

“Yeah! It is!” Donghae said

“I always loved vintage.” Sooyoung said, “It makes me feel like they could tell the history. You know, having to witness the history and be able to share it with others. It always made me feel that way. It’s amazing thinking how old things were.”

“I don’t know but… History seems to tell a scary story”

“Scary? What makes you think so?”

“I’ve never heard a real actually happy story about the past. They all seem miserable and sad and it’s scary!”

“Sometimes, the story needs to be tragic so everyone could tell and give significance to it. In that way, the people who sacrifice their life will be happy!”

“I don’t know. I’m not a fan of sad story!” Donghae said, “I tend to give significance to everything from the start so when times comes, I won’t regret much”

“I see! You’re afraid of regretting!” Sooyoung said, “WAIT! You lied to me!”

“HUH? I did?”

“You said before on our way here you like that old church in Gwangju! You even said it’s beautiful!” Sooyoung said, “You lied to me! You said you’re not a fan of sad story!”

Donghae turn quiet. He doesn’t know what to say, “Well, I… um… It’s true! I-uh, I did say I am not a fan but that doesn’t mean I hate it!”

“But you…” Sooyoung said looking strange at the fish, “You sound like you were!”

“No I’m not!”

“Yes you are!”

“Soo, don’t be silly!” Donghae chuckled a bit, “I’m not!”

“Yes! You are!” Sooyoung said

A silence passed by them. It was a beautiful silence, not too silent, not too loud.

“What? You finally give up?” Donghae asked laughing

“Can I ask you something?”

“What is it Ms. Curious-of-all-things?” Donghae asked

“Am I beautiful?”

“Huh? What kind of question is that?”

“Just answer it.”

“Ok. Well then, of course! I mean in every way, you are indeed beautiful!”

“Am I a good friend?”

“You were such a treasure! If you know what I mean.”

“Am I lovable?”

“You’re an idol and an idol supposedly is lovable and because you are an idol, you are lovable”

“Do you like me?”

Donghae froze, “Huh?”

“You don’t!” Sooyoung suddenly turned sad.

“No! It’s just~” He was panicking. He didn’t mean to react like that anyway. He just got shocked.

Sooyoung laughed, “I know! I was just kidding!”

“Aish! You really love playing around with someone!”

“Mian!” Sooyoung said, “But you know what? When I woke up, I felt strange!”

Donghae suddenly felt nervous. Was she awake? Aniyo! Geez. Why am I getting nervous?

“When I woke up, I felt calm and warm. It’s not the usual cold when I woke up in the morning. Then I saw you. And I realized, it must have been because my body felt there is someone with me”

“A…er…um…” Donghae doesn’t know what to say “What do you mean?”

“I am really afraid of being alone, it’s my greatest fear. When I woke up in the morning, I always feel cold because whenever I woke up I feel I’m alone. When I was a kid, I always sleep with my unnie. I guess that’s the reason why I always invade Yoona and Taeyeon’s bed!” Sooyoung laughed

-----0-----

Flashback

Sooyoung was on her way home when suddenly she recieved a phone call

"Yoboseyo?" Sooyoung answered happily

"I believe this is Ms. Choi Sooyoung's number"

"Ne! Waeyo?"

(clears throat) "I'm so~*************"

Sooyoung looked at her phone with disappointment

"Bwa? Ya! Is this a joke? Aish! Chincha!"

The other line suddenly hanged leaving her mad. She thought it was something serious as she felt a cold sad voice over the line. But still, she still couldn't feel at ease.

"i wonder what is it, how did he know my name? Is he perhaps???"

End of flashback

-----0-----