-Chapter 33-

-E S C A P E-

“Bar? But I wasn’t allow to drink alcoholic drinks” Seohyun said

“BWA? YA! Says who? You’re over 20 now, Seo Ju Hyun! Besides, who says you’re going to drink alcohol? Come on. I already made reservations. I asked Lee Chunhee-oppa.” Sooyoung convinced them all

“Ok. Since we weren’t able to do it all complete, let’s have another one” Taeyeon agreed, “What you guys say?”

“Right! Let’s have another one!” Siwon said

They all went to the bar and took the biggest room available. They started chatting.

 “As soon as I arrived at Japan, I felt welcomed. Many people had given me a lot of attention more than I expected. I was so thankful to them. Although, there were times I felt like dying, I just thought it was just like during our trainee days and if I just give my best, it’ll be paid off” Sooyoung said happily, “And as expected, it did. The movie I was casted in as a lead hit jackpot. It was my first movie as a lead but I never thought it’ll be a huge success. It even won an OSCAR Award”

“Oh, right! I heard about it. We were so proud of you Soo” Yuri said

“Is it true that you learned 3 languages in that movie?” Hyoyeon asked excitedly

“It is true I learned some languages for the movie. I learned French, Chinese and German. It was really no joke so I give my best and the staffs helped me learned it in 6 months. It is impossible but I did it. And up until now, I’m still learning it.”

“Whoa! Daebak! You’re a prodigy, Soo” Tiffany said

“What are you saying? I had some background on it already because of our CFs and all so it helped me a lot” Sooyoung winked playfully

“That’s Sooyoung, being able to learn things quickly.” Yuri said, “But Soo, you seemed like you gained weight.”

Sooyoung laughs, “Actually I thought I’ll never be able to gain weight anymore but they helped though. The staffs of our movie even contacted nutritionists and dietician. It was funny as they made a lot of observations and experiments to make me gain weight. I was so happy it became successful.”

“Oh, right! I saw your body in the movie” Seohyun said, “Unnie, you’re really DAEBAK”

“It’s amazing how you were able to put on a lot of effort for the movie. I congratulate you, Choi Sooyoung” Taeyeon said giving Sooyoung a thumb up

“I had to do well since it was my first movie as a lead and it had a lot of action scenes in it” Sooyoung said

“…And not to mention that you are workaholic!” Kyuhyun said

“BWA? YA!” Sooyoung exclaimed

“Aigoo! You guys are still the same!” Seohyun said laughing

“Anyway, so you guys tell me, what did you do in China?” Sooyoung asked the boys

“Just like you, we also had tons of projects, dramas, movies, CFs and many more.” Kibum answered

“We were so busy and our schedule is very tight and strict! It’s so exhausting and really suffocates me A LOT!” Kyuhyun blurt out

“But it was all paid off.” Ryeowook smiled assuring them all, “Even though, it was hard, we were able to do well”

“Yeah! And receiving such a lot of attention and love, you guys should be really happy” Sooyoung said

“Well, we did receive a lot of attention from the fans all throughout the world and the media.” Siwon said, “We even got to go at Oscars for our movie with Jackie Chan”

“Yeah! So I heard!” Sooyoung said still smiling, “You actually make it out on news almost like EVERYDAY!”

“Really? Are we really that popular?” Heechul asked with a bit of awkwardness

“Of course! It felt like you guys didn’t really leave.” Sooyoung said, “Whatever you do, it’s all over the news”

“Well, it’s good to hear, isn’t it?” Kangin said trying to ease up the awkwardness

“Yeah, right! Then, let’s enjoy this night” Tiffany said proposing a toast.

On the next day, it was early in the morning. Donghae, Yoona and Sooyoung were all set to come to Gwangju for the continuation of the filming of the MV. While the staffs were setting up the place, Sooyoung was walking at the boy’s campus.

Sooyoung suddenly stopped as she passed by at a room. She felt curious as she looked at the window and soon opened the door and went inside the room. As soon as she has entered she realized that it was a classroom. There were lots of chairs inside and at the front was a big stage in semi circle with a piano. She quickly went to the piano and examines it.

She sat at the chair and open up the piano. She then started playing it.

Meanwhile, Donghae finished talking with their director for the next scene. As he was looking around, he realized that Sooyoung was not around.

“Yoong! Did you know where Soo is?”

“Aniyo” Yoona answered

Donghae then decided to search around the campus. Finally, he saw Sooyoung at the room playing piano. He went in silently not trying to catch her attention nor distract her from playing piano.

Sooyoung then stopped and turned back making Donghae a bit shocked.

“What were you doing?” Sooyoung asked

“Huh? Nothing!” Donghae said. He then looked at Sooyoung who still had that look on him,” What?”

“Nothing.” Sooyoung then went out of the piano

“Why did you stop?”

“Me? I don’t know. I just felt like stopping and you came.”

Donghae suddenly remembered something.

“Does that feel familiar to you?” Donghae asked carefully

“I don’t know. Maybe!” Sooyoung answered, “Why are you here anyway?”

“Hiding?! I was walking around and decided to hide for a while. A lot of students recognized us” Donghae tried to sound comfortably

“What do you think of our school? Your hide-and-seek playground?!” Sooyoung blurt out suddenly

“What was that?” Donghae asked again

“Nothing! What I was saying was we need to go back” Sooyoung said about to walk out of the room.

Suddenly, Donghae grab her wrist making her turn and face him. Their lips almost touched.

“YA! What do you think are you doing?” Sooyoung pushed him away but she almost got fell if not for Donghae who caught her in his arms. Donghae helped her stand

“I’m sorry” Donghae said shyly

“Now this is familiar!” Sooyoung said looking at Donghae, “Has this ever happened before?”

Donghae looked at her in the eyes, “Maybe?!”

Sooyoung nods, “Anyway…”

Suddenly, Donghae put his lips in her forehead, planting a small soft kiss. He then looked at her.

“Aren’t we going back? They might be looking for us by now! Come on!” Donghae said smiling naturally while Sooyoung was taken aback.

Sooyoung, Donghae and Yoona resumed to their filming. They all put away their personal issues and try to act as if nothing was going on. They don’t want their personal matters to affect their carreers. The whole time that they were filming, Donghae watch Sooyoung. He watches her every move, her talk, the way she smiles, the way she flip her hair, everything. He was still worried about her.

“Will you stop staring at her?” Yoona said making Donghae almost jump

“What do you mean? I’m not looking at her”

“Pff~ Liar!” Yoona said crossing her arms, “Don’t you think that I don’t know anything, at least the fact that you two used to be students here and all!”

“I guess I just miss her a lot” Donghae said still looking at Sooyoung

“Oh! Have you told her everything?” Yoona asked making Donghae a bit uneasy and seeing him don’t reply right away, “Ah! So you don’t”

“It’s not that easy! How could I tell her about it in a way she won’t get hurt?”

“But hurting is part of learning!” Yoona said, “You forgot! We also learn from our mistakes. Don’t forget what Soo believed!”

Yoona then left Donghae on his own. Looking back, Sooyoung never looked at mistakes as fault but rather her way to learn things more so when time she encountered something like that again, she knew what to do.

Soon after, they were able to finish the filming for today. They were all at the same van and were on their way back to the company. Suddenly, Sooyoung received a phone call.

“Sooyoung!” It was a girl’s voice. It was her manager.

“Unnie, why?”

“Where are you right now?”

“I’m on my way back to Seoul, why? Did something happen?”

“I need you to go straight to Incheon, right now”

“Wait! Unnie, what is going on?”

At the time Yoona heard it, she immediately turns back to Sooyoung. She was worried.

“There is a problem.” Her manager said, “You have to comeback to Japan. I’m already in the airport”

She was speechless for a moment biting her lower lip. She then saw Yoona’s face.

“What was that?” Yoona asked with a slight worry printed in her face

Sooyoung breathe deeply, “I have to go back to Japan”

“But your activities in Japan are finally through, right? Why?”

“There was a problem” Sooyoung answered shortly not knowing how to tell it to Yoona

“But-“Yoona stopped. She breathes deeply and asked, “When are you coming back?”

Yoona almost let her tear fall. She doesn’t want her to go. They have spent time for only a short moment.

“Are you- going there?” Yoona asked with her voice shaking

Sooyoung stayed silent for a while. She couldn’t answer. She’s thinking.

“Sooyoung-“Donghae uttered, “You don’t have to do this.”

Sooyoung looked at him in the eyes. She was quite shocked when he said that. She never really wanted to go to Japan. The only reason why she went there in the first place is that it’s because Kim Youngmin sent her there. She has no plans of returing back there.

Sooyoung then took her phone again and said, “Mian"

-----0-----

As they had arrived at the rehearsal room, they were all practicing. Today, they were doing various activities that’ll help them become even more flexible and be able to do everything.

“Let’s take a break first! We’ll resume in an hour” The Instructor said

They all went to them immediately and started talking. Jessica noticed Sooyoung's absence

"Yoong! Where is Soo? Why isnt she with you?" Jessica asked

Yoona couldnt say anything.

"She went back to Japan to finish her business" Donghae said

"WHAT?" Tiffany exclaimed, "But how? Isn't she through with it all?"

Yeah! That's what I thought too!" Sunny said

Suddenly, someone entered the room. 

 “Annyeong Haseyo!” It was Bianca. 

Everyone was disappointed seeing it was Bianca. They all thought it was Sooyoung.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked approaching

“Visiting my boyfriend, can’t I?” Bianca said

Bianca carries a lunch box with her. She immediately went to Donghae.

"Oppa! How are you doing?" Bianca said in  cute tone

"AISH!" Tiffany said rolling her eyes naturally

Suddenly, the door went open again.

"Hi everyone! I'm back!"

It was finally Sooyoung who came. Yoona immediately run to her.

"Unnie! I thought you're leaving!" Yoona cried

"Aniyo! I told my manager to handle the problem without me" Sooyoung winked

As just they feel happy to know that Sooyoung wasn't going to leave anymore, they all suddenly went shocked realizing the situation.

 “Sooyoung? Choi Sooyoung?” Bianca said

“OH NO!” Tiffany exclaimed worriedly

“Bianca!” Sooyoung looked at Bianca who went to her

“Oh my god! You’re here in Korea!” Bianca exclaimed happily    

“How- You two were close?” Sungmin asked shocked

 “Aniyo! We’re friends!” Bianca said emphasizing on the word friends, “Sooyoung attended an awards event at China and that was the first time I met her. We really grew close since then”

“What event?” Donghae asked                               

“The event where you told everyone about our relationship!” Bianca answered happily, “Soo was a bit sick that day but she helped me with my clothes because it had a malfunction. Thanks again, Soo”

“Don’t mind it!” Sooyoung flashes a smile

 “We didn’t know you went to that event” Siwon said

“Oh! Ne! I only stayed shortly. I just showed up at the red carpet just to say I attended but then leave immediately. I went back to Japan to finish my schedules. I’m actually quite surprised you guys didn’t know~”

“She came there with Hankyung” Bianca interrupted, “Right?”

Sooyoung smiled and nod. By looking at their reactions, she knew they were all shocked. There are lots of things she wasn’t able to tell them and she felt as if she lied to them. However, she was sure she had informed them very well about her taking part at the event. She couldn’t understand why they didn’t know anything. She even asked Hanggeng to tell them.

“Soo! You mention last time that when I go to Korea, you would definitely bring me to Namsan Tower. I was so excited about it”

Hearing the word ‘Namsan Tower’ made Donghae nervous. He remembers the last place he went with Sooyoung-before they parted 3 years ago.

“Sure.” Sooyoung’s voice was a bit weak but smiled widely, “On weekend? 5pm? What do you say?”

“Perfect!” Bianca said before turning to Donghae, “Oppa, let’s go there! I heard it was place for couples”

“Why don’t let Donghae just bring Bianca there?” Taeyeon said before turning to Donghae with eyebrows raised, “Donghae should know that place any better!”

“Yeah!” Jessica said with arms crossed, “Besides, don’t you think it’s awkward for Soo to come with you two there?”

“I’m sorry, Bianca! But the girls are right; Donghae-ssi knows the place very well. He’ll give you a tour there. Besides, it’ll be a perfect date if it’s just you two” Sooyoung said letting out an apologetic face

Hearing the word “Donghae-ssi” gives a heart ache on Donghae. It only means the connection between them was finally cut and that they have no relation anymore.

“Ok. But you would tour me around right?” Bianca said

“YA! Why keep on asking Sooyoung around? She’s SNSD’s Sooyoung! Do you know what that means? Stick with your boyfriend and don’t ask Soo around!!!” Jessica exclaimed angrily

Everyone was startled. But Bianca just pretend as if nothing happened

“Ah! I should be going!” Bianca said, “Oppa, I brought your lunch. I’ll be going. Annyeong”

Bianca kissed Donghae in his lips in front of Sooyoung. Bianca then goes away.

“What a nice thing to watch!” Yoona said sarcastically, “I’m disgusted”

“I’m going to go outside for a while. Excuse me!” Sooyoung said immediately leaving the room.