-Chapter 28-

-E S C A P E-

At that same night, Sooyoung was at the rooftop at their company. She couldn’t sleep and so, she went to the company. She went up to the rooftop to think.

“Whaa~ the view from up here is so great. It never fails to amuse me.” Sooyoung said looking at the view

Although, their company wasn’t that exceptionally tall, it was high enough for her to see the City’s night view which she had admired ever since. Sooyoung went to the bench and sat there. She tilts her head and closes her eyes. She suddenly remembers what had happened back in the mansion.

She was at her room. She just woke up.

“Ahh! My head hurts! What did happen to me???” Sooyoung touches her head, “Ah! Right! I was going to get out of the room but they stopped me.”

Sooyoung went to her door and noticed that the door was locked.

“Ya! What is this?”

She tries to knock but no one opens the door. She tried and tried again almost breaking the door but still no one opens it. She loses all of her energy and went back to her bed to sit.

Suddenly, the door opened revealing a small woman, hair tied up in circle and wears glasses. It enters the room and locks it. The footsteps were familiar to her. She knew whose footsteps it belongs to.

“Grandma?” Sooyoung asks in shock

Mrs. Moon came to her. “How are you, Ms. Choi Sooyoung?”

”Grandma, what are you doing here?”

“Your friends called me. They said you had gone wild. Waeyo?”

“You-“Sooyoung swallows her saliva,”You never showed up to me but you came after a single call from my friends”

“I thought you don’t need me anymore, so I kept my distance from you. Was it the snowball I gave you?”

Sooyoung looked at her desk. She saw her broken snowball. She remembers why she was mad.

“You went mad and hurt one of your friends’ sister because of that snowball. I see you’ve become dependent on that snowball” Mrs. Moon said

“It’s not just because of that-“

“Sooyoung, you have to know, there are lots of things you need to give attention to besides that snowball”

“What do you mean?” Sooyoung was confused

“I know you knew it already. Mr. Kim Youngmin knew about your relationship with Lee Donghae”

“Bwa?” Sooyoung was shocked that she stood up from sitting. “Lee Sooman-songsaegnim said it to him?”

“Aniyo! You know from the very start that Lee Sooman protects all of his artists. He treats them like his own.”

“No, I don’t know. What are you saying? Kim Youngmin-songsaegnim protects us from him. Lee Sooman-songsaegnim tried taking the company away from him by finding some issues to destroy him.”

“Sooyoung! Did you really have forgotten everything?”

“What do you mean forgotten?”

“I know you’ve been into an accident—“

“Accident? What accident?”

“Don’t you remember? I thought you know-“Mrs. Moon took a deep breath before starting, “Anyway, yes, an accident. You had an accident before. Your parents told me you were ok that you didn’t have any injuries but a maid told me that you had a temporary memory loss. You don’t remember anything from when you were in high school. I contact your parents and even went to your house to confirm it but I was too late. Your parents brought you to Japan.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Don’t try to make my parents look bad. How can you say something like that about my mom? Your daughter?!”

“Mianhae, Sooyoung. But what I’m trying to say is that Kim Youngmin is not the person you should trust” Mrs. Moon said convincing Sooyoung, “When SM had reached its title of becoming part of the BIG 3, and after producing great artists, Kim Youngmin took advantage of it. He made issues that he is abusing his artists. That made Lee Sooman stepped down and let Kim Youngmin took over.”

“Impossible” Sooyoung was shocked as ever, unable to grasp the truth.

“At that time, SHINHWA left the company and so followed by Jaejoong, Yoochun and Xiah Junsu. They didn’t like how Kim Youngmin handled things in SM so they left. That’s also Hanggeng’s reason”

“But Kim Youngmin-songsaegnim told me Sooman-songsaegnim is—“

“Kim Youngmin had planned all of this from the start. He contacted Lee Sunmi and made agreements with her. He ordered her things. All the recent issues about SM were all made by Sunmi. They made as if they were targeting Kim Youngmin but the truth is that it’s targeting Lee Sooman. They also told everyone that it is Lee Sooman who made those issues and gave the reporters some documents”

“That’s why Sunmi kept going at the SM even though she was not part of it.”

“She was still part of SM but Kim Youngmin made it seem like he terminated her contract and let her sign contract with other company. He couldn’t terminate her contract that fast because Sunmi is one of the exclusive artist of SM”

“So what do we do? How are we going to stop Kim Youngmin?”

“I heard that he plans to make both SNSD and SUJU busy. If I am not mistaken, he plans to send SUJU to China. The reason why Hanggeng came back here is that he wants to warn everyone about it but he wasn’t able to do so because Kim Youngmin prevented him from coming back. He contacted Lee Sooman and me”

“Wait! You? Why would he do that?”

“Sooyoung, you know this place, this mansion, and so are Taeyeon and Donghae. What do you think is the reason why? That’s because this mansion actually belongs to me. Lee Sooman’s first love is my bestfriend but my bestfriend married another man. I lend him this mansion before and now for some personal purposes like this.”

“I understand Taeyeon but—why Donghae?”

Mrs. Moon smiled at Sooyoung, “You’ll know soon, Sooyoung. I trust you’ll do”

Sooyoung opens her eyes once again. Suddenly, she saw Donghae looking at her.

“OMO! YA! What are you doing?” Sooyoung was startled

Donghae smiled, “Ya! What are you thinking that made you didn’t hear I entered?”

“Nothing. How did you know I’m here?”

Donghae sat beside her, “I was about to go to your dorm but I saw you went out so I thought. I should follow you”

“Whaa~ Daebak! You can be a spy now!” Sooyoung said smiling

“Anyway, about going to China-“

“Oppa! Let’s go somewhere!” Sooyoung cut him, “This will be the last chance to be with you again since you’ll be gone for 3 years. I want to do something special!”

“Arasso! Where do you want to go?”

Meanwhile, at the girls’ dorm, Taeyeon was at the living room. The rest of the girls were out leaving her alone at the dorm. Suddenly, the doorbell rings. She quickly looks to see who it was but there was none. She opens the door and was shocked as flowers were presented before her.

“Ya!” Taeyeon said making the person reveals its identity. It was Siwon.

“Oppa?” Taeyeon was surprised seeing him there

“Surprise!” Siwon said smiling

They both entered the living room.

“The girls were out-“Taeyeon said as she storms at the kitchen and bring something good to serve her special guest.

“I know. The boys too. And Sunny was at the dorm” Siwon said smiling at Taeyeon who sat beside him.

“So you thought you should leave too?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow

“Well, yeah! Since everyone was out—I think it’ll be a good time to spend time with my Taeyeon”

“My Taeyeon? Ya! Since when did you speak like Hyuk-oppa?”

“I thought it might sound good. I guess I’ll just leave it all to him.” Siwon laughs, “Anyways, I brought some snack and—“

“Wait! We’re not actually going to—“

“I brought movies!”

“Which one? I love ‘Ninja Assassins’ and ‘Natural Treasure’”

“But you already watch it. Aigoo! Arasso!” Siwon said as he plays the disc on the video player

As soon as Siwon sat, Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Siwon’s right arm and rest her head to his shoulder. Siwon just smiled at her and rest his head at her head.

“Oppa, thank you so much. Though, we were spending our time together ordinarily, I will treasure it. I’m really happy just being with you. I love you, Oppa”

“I’m happy too just being with you. I love you too, Kim Taeyeon”

Siwon then plant kisses on her head and they started watching the movie.

Back at Sooyoung and Donghae, they were at the Namsan Tower. They were sitting at the bench.

“What do you think the others are doing?” Sooyoung asked Donghae

“Let’s see…Sunny went to Sungmin to help him get over on what happened with Sunmi, Yoona and Kibum were probably hanging out at the mall, Hyo and Hyuk at the Amusement Park, Fany and Kangin were watching musical since both were interested in it, Wookie and Yul could have been at the restaurant eating Wookie’s signature dishes, Sica and Heechul might go to cruise. I heard Hee-hyung prepared one for Sica. Kyu and Seohyun should go to the National Museum. That two were kind of geeks. As for Yeonie and Siwon, those two probably stayed at the dorm and watch movies.”

“Yeah right! They must be watching ‘National Treasure’ and ‘Ninja Assassins since it was Yeonie’s favorite.”

Sooyoung rested her head at Donghae’s shoulder. “Sooyoung?”

“Hmm?” Sooyoung asked just looking at the locks in front of them

“Let’s make a promise to each other” Donghae said making Sooyoung look at him

Donghae took out a lock which made Sooyoung smile. They both went where the locks are.

“Let’s promise that we will love each other and remain loyal during those 3 years. When we came back after 3 years, we’ll start all over again. And this time, we’ll tell to everyone about us!” Donghae said before locking the lock along with the others.

“I Promise” Sooyoung said

“Promise” Donghae said

They both threw the key at the air together.