To Korea

Our Crazy Life and Work

(1 week later)

"Girls come on! You'll miss your flight." Nana shouted at them from the outside of the house. The girls just finished packing their last suitcase. They looked around their room admiring it. Marie sighed, "Can you belive it? We're leaving! It's actually true, we're going to Korea!"

Cathy nodded and smiled, "I can't believe it's officialy the day we'll leave."

"Girls, your Nana is calling you." Marie's mom, Keren, called them. Marie went up to her and gave her a tight hug. "Mom, i'm going to miss you so much." She broke the hug and kept talking to her. Or should I say ordering her, "Remember to take your medicine everyday, if you get a cold there's some pads on the closet and put it on your head..."

"Yes Marie, now go." Her mom started pushing her out the door.

"Mom if you get sick, do not, under any circumstances, forget to call me! Nana will be here to assist you everyday."

"Marie, you'll miss your flight."

"Why do you keep pushing me? Are you trying to get rid of me?"

Keren shook her head and hugged her daughter tightly, "No, but if you stay, I'm afraid I'll keep you here and wont let you go." She broke the hug and smiled at her. "Now go, before I change my mind."

"Alright mom! I love you! I'll call you when I get to Korea." Keren nodded and waved goodbye. The girls stepped inside the car and Nana drove off to the airport.

 

Once in the airport, they went to check-in their luggage. Good thing they didn't bring that much. If not, they had to pay extra for it, and it wasn't cheap. They passed security and went to the gate. Since they still had an hour for their plane to arrive , they sat down and waited. Nana went to a shop close to them to get coffee while the girls stayed on their chairs.

"I can't believe we're going to Korea!" Cathy shrieked.

"Hey, we can't lose our heads! Remember we're going to work not vacation.... But I know, it's so cool." Marie giggled.

"I know... We're going to meet the bands, the ones we listen to the radio all the time. The ones we used to dance to on highschool. And in Korea... A new life, new people, new culture. Can you believe it?"

"It's amazing how things happen! I just hope to do a great work for the bands. I don't want them to get angry and throw a tantrum like Adam did."

Cathy bumped Marie's head making her frown. "Don't think about that! They're not Adam. And besides, we've had experience before. It won't be hard. So don't worry bubblehead! It'll be alright."

"Since when do you call me 'bubblehead'?"

"I don't know! It's the first thing that came to my mind."

Marie laughed and shook her head. "Cat, you worry me sometimes."

"Hey, at least I make people smile."

"Oh yeah sure." Marie said with sarcasm. The girls end up laughing just as Nana came back hissing at her hot coffee.

"Nana, there's a reason why they put cup holders." Cathy said teasing at Nana. 

Nana looked at Marie and jocked, "Good luck with her in Korea."

Marie laughed making Cathy frown. She stood up and went to Nana for a hug, "Aww you're just saying that becuase you will miss me." 

"Of course i'll miss you." Nana joined the hug. 

"Attention, the flight 625 to Korea will leave in 15 minutes. Will the passangers that haven't aboard the plane yet please pass?"

"Alright girls, is time for you to leave." Nana took their bags and gave it to them. " remember to sleep well, eat well and work hard. Make us proud."

"Yes ma'am." They said in union. The girls saw the concerened face Nana now had. "What's wrong?"

"I need to warn you, it will not be easy to work there. There can be grudges, fights and who knows what else, so please stay safe." Nana's face now turned serious, " and please girls DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GET ATTACHED.... I know it may sound cheesy but please I beg you, I don't want any heart breaks, because you know the company wont let it."

The girls looked at Nana, back at each other and then at Nana again. "Nana, don't worry! We know our limits, it won't happen." Cathy assured.

"Yeah, and you know we've worked with many singers before, I think we'll be able to control ourselves." Marie confirmed.

"Well girls, you know that i've been with you since you were in diapers. I love you both like you're my own daughters, so please I beg you, in fact instead of beg, promise me you won't get any heartbreaks. Please?" Nana asked desperately. Cathy and Marie smiled at each other and hugged Nana, "We promise."

 

The girls waved goodbye to Nana and stepped on the plane. " I told you she was going to say that." Cathy gaped. Marie laughed, "She really needs to calm down. I mean, I know she's just scared if we get hurt, but we're old enough to know our limits."

"Yep, that's why I gave her an hour lecture yesterday of how we will focus on the jobs only."

"No wonder she didn't give us a speech."

They took their seats and waited for the pilot to leave.  Since Marie had the window seat, she was gazing outside when suddenly she sighed. Cathy worried by her reaction. "Are you alright?"

Marie nodded  but Cathy didn't believe her. "Let me guess! You're still thinking about what Nana said."

Marie chuckled. "No! Is not that, its... Its just that, is going to be different, a new culture, new house, new life, and is just the two of us."

"Oh now I get it.... Bryan right?"

"Yeah! He would've loved to be here with us."

"Hey, who said he isn't? Whatever happens we'll stick together! For Bryan!"

"For Bryan."

"Ladies and gentleman, we are ready for take off."

Marie looked at Cathy and saw her excitement in her face. She turned back to the window as the plane started to move.

*For you Bryan, now it's time for us to be there for you! I promise that I will have you with me always through this experience. I miss you* Marie thought with a smile on her lips.

 

Now the time has finally come to enjoy, sleep and relax for this next 14 hours of their flight to Korea - unaware of what experiences that will await them.