Last Night on Jeju

Our Crazy Life and Work

After Marie came back from her ‘date’ with Taemin, she went up to her room to take a shower. Once inside her room, and about to go inside the bathroom, Kyuhyun stopped her. “Come on! I’m bored and I don’t want to be here." He started to grab her arm but she pulled back, “Why not go out with your friends?”

“Because they’re already out and I didn’t want to go with them.”

“Why?”

He didn’t want to say his reason. Although Marie didn’t see it, it was pretty obvious. He wanted to hang out with her. Not his friends, only her. “Umm… I wanted to be alone… but I got bored. So let’s go."

Marie groaned, “Why don’t you find someone else? I’m tired. Why don’t you go and find F(x)?”

“Umm… no… I just… ughh, come on!” Before she could respond, he grabbed her arm and pulled her along with him.

 

 

They went to the same park were Taemin took her, with the sligh difference that she felt more comfortable than before. Wonder why?

“So... where were you today?” Kyuhyun asked curiously. He actually knew she went out with Taemin, since he saw them today at the same park they are right now. But he still asked her, hoping to get other expectations.

“Oh, I went out.” Marie responded. He just nodded and continued walking beside her. He wanted to ask with whom, but instead he kept silence, he didn’t want to make it more obvious.

They stopped walking once they heard a shout from a man in a suit. “Come on in and win tickets for the B.A.P concert in Seoul this September!”

Kyuhyun turned to speak to Marie, but instead found her in excitement for what the man said. “Are you alright?” he asked. After she nodded at Kyuhyun’s question, the man shouted again “We need one more couple for the competition to start. Who else would like to have the chance on winning the tickets?”

Kyuhyun stared at Marie when the man spoke; her eyes sparkled like diamonds at the mention of the tickets. *B.A.P? Oh, she likes them.* He turned around and shouted, “We’ll enter!” He grabbed Marie’s hand and walked towards the man.“ Alright we found a new couple!”

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing?” Marie hissed at him.

“Relax! I just think it’ll be fun to do something stupid for once.” He lied.

“But why this? We’re not a couple.”

“So?!That doesn’t mean we can’t pretend.”

Marie gulped as her face started to redden. Kyuhyun smiled for himself, knowing that he’s about to act like a real couple with Marie, he grabbed her hand tightly and pulled her towards the competition.

“So what are your names?” The man asked. Marie looked at Kyuhyun while she thought of a new name for them to say. They couldn’t say there real ones, if Super Junior fans were in the park and found out that Kyuhyun is in this competition as a couple with Marie, the fans will run her off. Marie turned back to the man and answered, “Tom and Jerry."

The man chuckled and replied, “So who’s Tom and who’s Jerry?”

“Uhh… Oh you know... however you want to put it.”

The man nodded and shouted, “Okay… well let’s give it up for Tom and… Jerry!”

Kyuhyun looked at Marie and smiled. He leaned closer and whispered on her ear, “Why did you choose does names?”

“Well if we’re not saying our real names, I wanted to say ones that can describe us better." He smiled and turned back to the man who spoke again, “Alright, well this is what will happen. There are three couples here and only one will win the prize. The couple who can complement the most on each other, wins. Arraso?”

They all nodded and the game began. The first couples were doing pretty well, but after two minutes, the guy didn’t have any more compliments which made her go ‘angry ape’ on him. Poor guy! The second couple barely made it, after their first compliment they got stuck and just ran away. The man walked over to Kyuhyun and Marie, “Alright, if you can break the record of the first couple, well you win. Two minutes… starting now!”

Kyuhyun stared at Marie and nervously started speaking “Umm… you look very pretty."

Marie blushed and replied, “You have nice hair”

“You have an amazing sense of humor”

“Really? Thanks… umm… you have your ‘evil’ side but you also have your innocent one”

He smiled at her comment and pointed out, “You can be very reasonable”

“One minute!” the man shouted. Marie turned back to Kyuhyun and smiled, “You are a very clever person."

“Even though you are very private about yourself, once you open up to someone, new smiles appear on your heart and those smiles are not only from you.” Kyuhyun answered.

“30 seconds!” the man yelled anxiously.

“When I first started here, people told me to stay away from you, but somehow I knew that it would’ve been a mistake if I did. Meeting you was a huge challenge for my life and it still is… but is worth it, so I thank you for coming into my life.” Marie said to Kyuhyun who was smiling. Covering the fact that he started to blush, he stared sweetly at Marie and replied, “I care for you."

Marie’s eyes widened and before she could answer back, the man shouted, “And done! Let’s give it up for the winners Tom and Jerry!” Applause could be heard all around them. But Kyuhyun and Marie just stood looking at each other, making the man smile at them.

 

 

After they took their tickets, Kyuhyun and Marie started to walk around the park for a while before they returned back to the hotel. Marie gazed at the tickets on her hands and smiled. She was litterally screaming inside her head about it. Such a fan girl!

“You really love B.A.P, don’t you?” Kyuhyun asked while chuckling because of Marie. She smiled and nodded while putting away the tickets. “So, how did you come up with does compliments?” she asked him.

“What makes you think that I made them up?”

“Knowing how you’ve been treating me since I got here, it’s not that hard to figure”

“Well I hate to burst your bubble, but I actually meant them.”

“Really? So you think that I have an amazing sense of humor?”

“Well… it could be annoying sometimes but you know…” Kyuhyun joked.

Marie rolled her eyes making him chuckle, “So how about you? Did you mean anything you said to me?”

“Come here I’ll tell you." She waved him to lean closer. She whispered on his ear, “It’s a secret."

“Really? That’s not fair, I told you…”

“Tough luck!” She wanted to ask about the last compliment he said to her on the game. But her mind had lots of thoughts right now, and she's afraid to get disappointed if he didn’t mean it. So she preferred to stay quiet about it and pretend like nothing happened.

 

After a long walk around the park, they stood by a tree just gazing at the stars. Marie looked at Kyuhyun and examined his face. He had his eyes closed with his head tilt up at the sky. His breath was calm and he looked sweet. She smiled to herself and a thought came to her mind *Why didn’t I feel this comfortable with Taemin today?* she snapped out of thought when she saw how Kyuhyun smiled to himself. “You’ve been spaced out lately. Let me guess? Is there a girl on your mind?” Marie asked.

He smiled and chuckled, “As in matter of fact, yes, there is a girl on my mind."

“Ohh… well now you got me curious. Who is she?”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and replied, “Before I answer. Do YOU have someone on your mind?”

She gave him half a smile, “Well… I do but… but I’m still confused."

“Why?”

“Umm… I guess that I’m just afraid… to fall again."

“Do I know him?”

Slowly, she nodded, “I guess."

Kyuhyun grew curious, he felt desperate to find out who was the guy. “Who is he?”

“Come here, I’ll tell you." She waved him to lean closer. Once he did, she whispered in her ear “If I tell you, I’ll have to kill you." She stuck her tongue out and started to walk. Kyuhyun ran up to her, “Fine, don’t tell me. Then I won’t tell you who the girl is."

“Alright”

“Oh come on! At least tell me one thing about the guy”

“Umm… you go first."

“Okay… well she’s very unique. She has her own point of view for life.”

“Well she sounds interesting… now I’m more curious."

Kyuhyun smiled “Your turn”

“He’s very independent”

“Why?”

“He doesn’t need for someone to tell him his next move. He has a very interesting way on dealing things on his own. He’s very… sly about it." She explained.

Kyuhyun looked at her curiously and asked “Yunho?!”

“What? No! Look… I don’t want to say anything for now… like I said I’m still confused about it.”

Kyuhyun spoke carefully to her, “Are you not letting yourself fall in love because of Bryan?”

Marie’s breath got caught on , she nodded, “Is just a little hard to let go."

Kyuhyun softened, “I understand you. I know is hard to let go of someone who was special for you. But you know what… even though the one you like right now is not Bryan, I’m sure that Bryan would be happy to see you smile again, with someone you love."  Kyuhyun meant it. He didn’t care if it wasn’t with him, all he cared about was for Marie to be able to smile and be happy with someone she loved. Even if it meant for him not to be with her, he wanted to help her.

Marie looked at Kyuhyun and smiled, “You’ve been awfully nice today. Why?”

“I don’t know… I guess I just wanted to have a decent conversation with you for once." He chuckled.

“Well let me enjoy it before something stupid comes out of your mouth.”

“Like the fact that you have bird poop on your head”

“Yeah like that… wait… what?!” she touched her hair and felt something liquid on her fingers. “Ewww…” she made a disgust face. Kyuhyun started laughing at her making her frown. Suddenly and idea came to her mind, she smirked and with innocent eyes she put her wet hand on Kyuhyun’s arm and spoke, “Thank you for warning me."  She ran away leaving Kyuhyun with a disgust face eyeing his arm. “Marie-ah, you’re dead!” he shouted and ran after her.

 

 

 

Over at Cathy’s room, Kris waited until Tao fell asleep. He had a plan on making him silent all night, since it has been already two nights on a row where he had to sleep on Cathy’s bed because of Tao’s horrible snore. He got close to Tao with a sock on his hands waiting for him to open his mouth. The moment he was about to do his action, a shout stopped him, “What do you think you’re doing to your dongsea?!” Cathy yelled while coming out of the bathroom. Kris jumped and dropped the sock. He turned around to Cathy and frowned, “Well, what do you prefer? Snoring from this zombie or a peaceful sleep?”

Cathy was about to reply, but then she thought about these nights sleeping next to Kris. She didn’t want it to happen again, so she wouldn’t feel any more confused than she is now. She looked at Kris and answered, “So what’s the plan?”

 

At the middle of the night, with Tao soundlessly sleeping with a sock on his mouth, Cathy and Kris were wide awake. Even if they were at peace, their presence of each other made them nervous.

Cathy moved side to side from her bed making Kris irritated, “Will you stay still?”

Cathy groaned and turned around. Finally, she fell asleep and Kris lay on his side with his elbow propped just watching her sleep so calmly and peacefully. He smiles to himself and slowly went off to dream land.

 

 

Hey guys! So what you think of this chapter? Please keep commenting and letting us know your opinion. Thanks again for the support. xD