Secret Love

Our Crazy Life and Work

After Marie hanged up with Cathy and said her goodbyes to TVXQ, she catches up with Taemin in the hallway on her way out. “Taemin wait up!” she shouted. He turned around alarmed in hearing her voice after it has been a while. “Oh, Marie-ah! How’ve you’ve been?”

“I’ve been good. Things have been going pretty well. How about you?” she answered with a smile.

“It’s been good… we haven’t talked for a while.”

Marie’s smile faded, “About that… I have to talk to you Taemin.” He looked around nervously and agreed. “Why don’t we go to the coffee shop?” she nodded and they both went out to across the street.

 

It was silent for a while, as they sipped their coffee. Until Marie decided to break the silence. “So… umm… Taemin I’m just going to tell you the truth. I-“

“Marie-ah” Taemin interrupted, “How was the rest of the trip for you?”

Marie gave him a weak smile, “Taemin, I don’t want to hurt you. I don’t think I’ll ever forgive myself if I ever do, please hear me out, I’m sorry.”

Taemin, with watery eyes, looked at Marie nervously and spoke, “I know Marie-ah, you’re about to say that I’m not the one.”

“I’m really sorry Taemin, I really am, I don’t want to hur-“

“You won’t! Marie-ah don’t worry, you won’t hurt me. I… I know that it won’t be… easy, but I’ll be… okay. So don’t worry, please.”

Marie looked straight at Taemin’s eyes, without realizing that her hands started to tremble. Taemin noticed it and he extended his hands and put them on top of hers. “I’m not angry, I’m not upset and I’m not hurt. Like I said, it won’t be easy but it’ll be alright. Please don’t be like this, please?” he pleaded.

Marie started to tear up a bit, Taemin ruffled her hair to cheer her up. “Hey, come on! Don’t be like that. We’re still friends right?” he assured with a small smile. Slowly, Marie returned a smile and nodded, “Great Friends."

“And like I’ve always told you, if you ever need anything…” He pointed at himself, “I’m here”

She chuckled and nodded, “Okay”

“Well, it’s getting late. Why don’t we go and grab something to eat and head back?”

“Sure, I’ll like that.”

He smiled and pulled her up. “Gaja!” They got out the coffee shop and left to a sandwich shop near the company before they head back.

 

 

A week later, after Cathy and Kris moved their friendship, well almost friendship, to the next step; Cathy was cleaning the house, while Marie went out to the grocery store. While Cathy was washing the windows, she received a text message from Kris

           ‘To: Cathy

           From: Babo

Hey! I’m coming over in 20 minutes. <3

 

 

Cathy smiled to herself and chuckled

          ‘To: Babo

          From: Cathy

Sure! If you don’t mind cleaning with me’

 

          ‘To: Cathy

           From: Babo

Well in other words… ughh whatever, I just want to see you. <3’

 

           ‘To: Babo

            From: Cathy

Well hurry up, Babo. <3’

 

 

After twenty minutes later, Cathy heard a knock on the door. “Well that was fast.” she joked while letting him in once she opened the door. Kris entered and replied, “Well I did say that I wanted to see you.”

Cathy smiled and handed the mop she was holding to Kris. “Aww, how sweet. You saw me, now help me clean.”

Kris groaned “Ughh… fine." He took the mop and began cleaning, mopping the kitchen while Cathy washed the dishes. After a couple of minutes of silence on washing the dishes, she felt arms snake around her waist and a chin resting on her shoulder. Her eyes drifted to him when she felt a kiss on her cheek.

“Baby, we need to talk.” Kris said softly but serious.

Cathy got nervous and nodded. “Okay…” They made their way to the sofa and sat down facing each other. *Is he breaking up with me?* Cathy thought nervously. Her eyes drifted everywhere, except on Kris. She finally looked at him when she felt him grab her hands. “I think us shou-“ Kris stop at mid sentence when he saw Cathy’s eyes widened. He looked at her confused, until he captured how the situation looked like. “No, no… it’s not like that. I’m not breaking up with you." He chuckled and moved close to cup her cheeks “Aww, my poor baboon was scared because of that?” he cooed, making her blush. He continued, “What I wanted to say is that we should keep out relationship low-profile. I don’t want angry fan girls to come after you and I’m not ready to tell EXO.”

“I understand about the fans, but why not tell EXO?” Cathy asked

With innocent eyes, Kris answered, “Yeah… about that, I kind of told them in the beginning not to get attached to you… and I’m not ready for the guys to turn the tables on me with my own words.”

Cathy rolled her eyes and replied while pocking his nose “That’s your own fault, you stubborn boy.”

Kris smiled, “So is it okay, you’re not mad.”

“Of course not, babo.” Cathy smiled and pecked his cheek.

 

 

 

Meanwhile on the grocery store… “Thank you.” Marie said to the employee while grabbing the bags. Struggling, she made it out the store and continued walking. “Ugh, we only needed milk and paper. Why do I always exaggerate?” Marie walked back the ten minute walk, which was strangely empty for a Saturday afternoon.

Kyuhyun was driving in his car, when suddenly his eyes drifted to Marie when he saw her walking on the sidewalk, struggling with some grocery bags. He stopped the car and got off “Marie-ah!”

She turned around and looked at him, “Hey Kyuhyun! What are you doing here?”

He smiled and replied, “I was going to buy lunch, but I saw you here, by the way, do you need help?”

“Oh no, don’t worry. I’m almost home anyways.”

“Oh come on!” He grabbed her bags and pushed her towards his car. She sat on the passenger’s seat and Kyuhyun closed her door. He opened the door behind her and put the groceries on the backseat. He got inside the car and drove off. “Why are you shopping alone? Where’s Cathy?” Kyuhyun asked.

“She stayed at home cleaning. I was suppose to buy two things but I kind of exaggerated.”

Kyuhyun chuckled, “I bet you’re happy I’m here to help you with all this bags.” He teased.

“Oh Of course my Savior!” Marie joked as she laughed when Kyuhyun started laughing. “Speaking of ‘savior’, how’s your bruise?” he asked.

Marie chuckled and smiled, “Well I think you over-healed it. It’s like if it was never there.”

“Of course it has to be good; your ‘Savior’ here cured it.” He laughed. “Suuuree” Marie replied and chuckled with him.

Kyuhyun parked the car in front of the building. “Thank you for the ride.” Marie mentioned once she got out of the car, she went to grab the bags. “Here, let me help you” Kyuhyun stepped towards her while grabbing some bags from Marie’s hands “Thanks." she repeated.

They walked inside the building and went inside the elevator. Kyuhyun pressed the floor number 4. They walked out of the elevator and down the hallway. When Marie started putting the key to open the door, she heard laughter and a man’s voice. Marie’s eyes widened, she opened the door and peeked inside, she turned back to Kyuhyun, “Umm… the house is still a mess, just give me these bags and I’ll come back out.”

“Okay…” Kyuhyun said suspiciously. Marie opened the door, enough for her to go in without Kyuhyun to be able to see. She cleared , “You guys seem comfortable.” Marie teased. Cathy and Kris looked at Marie, while blushing they scooted a little bit away from each other. Marie rolled her eyes and smiled, “Not to alarm you or anything, but we have a guest” Marie whispered.

“Who?” Cathy asked.

“Kyuhyun”

Cathy stooped up abruptly and tried to pull Kris up, “Hide on the laundry room.” Cathy opened the door to the cramped laundry room. “But is too small.” Kris whined.

“Just hide.” Cathy pushed Kris lightly only for him to trip on his own feet and knock the basket down from the top shelf. “OW!” Cathy screamed when the basket hit her head and knocking her on the floor. Cathy’s scream not only alarmed Marie who was laughing at Kris’s clumsiness, but it also alarmed Kyuhyun who came rushing inside through the door shouting, “What happened? Marie-ah are you hurt?”

Marie, Kris and Cathy stared at Kyuhyun with wide eyes. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and stared back at all of them. Marie cleared and spoke, “So Kyuhyun… how about that lunch?” she pretended like nothing happened.

“How about if I go to lunch with Kyuhyun?” Kris offered.

“I think that will be a good idea, you have a lot of explaining to do.” Kyuhyun smiled. Kris reddened and looked at Cathy who was still on the floor hiding her red cheeks. He pulled her up and said goodbye. He walked towards the door to wait for Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smirked at Kris and Cathy; he turned to Marie and poked her nose. She smiled at him and they said goodbye.

 

 

After leaving the girls apartment, the walked to a sandwich shop near their home. They sat down and Kris explained everything to Kyuhyun.

“So now you two are an item? And you won’t say anything?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I’ll eventually say, but for now, we want to keep it low profile." Kris replied.

“And the only ones who know are Marie-ah and me?”

“Yes…so, I confessed… when will you?”

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Soon Kris, I’m still waiting for the right time”

“When’s the right time Kyuhyun? What if she feels that you won't do anything and she moves on?”

“‘moves one’?“

“Don’t act dumb with me! You know she likes you. Cathy told me that Marie-ah didn’t accept Taemin’s feelings. And we think it’s because of you, wait… we don’t think, we know it was because of you.”

“She didn’t accept Taemin’s feelings?”

“No. Like I said, she likes someone and that someone is YOU.”

Kyuhyun smiled, “I will Kris, I’ll confess soon. I just want it to be special. So I’ll wait for the right time.”

Kris smiled and nodded, “Alright, but like you said to me, don’t waist too much time, and when you finally confess, don’t you dare let her go. You’re a good guy Kyuhyun and I know that she’ll be happy with you.”

“Thank you, Kris.” Kyuhyun smiled and got lost in thoughts. *Marie-ah, please wait for me. I will tell you soon and when I do I promise to make you smile. So please, wait for me sweetie.*

 

 

Hey guys! So what you think up till now? Please comment and for those silent readers, please, I’m a silent reader too but I always love to at least let the author know what I think about the fic, please let me know. Thank you guys so much. IAmLeNinja and me are very grateful for those viewers and subscribers and for all those who are supporting our story. Thanks again ; D