Disappointment

Our Crazy Life and Work

 

Speeding down the street towards Kyuhyun’s dorm, Sungmin was found panting and frustrated. *It can’t be! No! She’s not that kind of person.* Some thoughts came over his head, making him irritated over how the situation seemed. *She... she can’t! Maybe is a big misunderstanding. I mean... she loves Kyuhyun.*

 

He arrived to the front of Kyuhyun’s door, and panic took over his body. He started banging on Kyuhyun’s door and yelling his name all over. “Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun open the door!”

 

Kyuhyun stood up from his bed abruptly and ran quickly to open the door. “Sungmin-ah, what’s wrong? What happened?”

 

Sungmin took a couple of deep breaths and pulled Kyuhyun towards the living room. His banging alarmed the members, so they showed up quickly to hear Sungmin’s explanation. Sungmin took a deep breath to calm down. He slowly turned to look at Kyuhyun and began to explain, “I-I... I was getting dinner and I-I...” His nervousness betrayed him. 

 

 

Since Kyuhyun couldn't understand his sudden stutter, he grabbed Sungmin’s shoulder and tried to calm him down. “Breath, just breath and tell me.” 

 

A few seconds pass for Sungmin to calm down. Once he finally relaxed, he spoke, “Kyuhyun, I’m very sorry to tell you this. I really hope is a big misunderstanding. I really do.”

 

“What? What?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly. 

 

“Kyuhyun, I went to get dinner, but... but before I could, I saw Marie-ah.”

 

“What about Marie-ah?”

 

“I saw her having dinner with some american guy.”

 

Kyuhyun let out a calm breath and replied, “It was probably some business she was doing.”

 

“Kyuhyun, she was rubbing the man’s hand.”

 

Kyuhyun started to get uncomfortable with this conversation. He eyed the rest of the members and then back at Sungmin. “Maybe you saw wrong.”

 

Sungmin ruffled his hair in frustration, “Kyuhyun, I did see right. They were even crying. Look, I really hope this is a huge misunderstanding. But I needed to let you know.”

 

Kyuhyun looked around nervously, he sighed silently and stood up, “I-I... I need some sleep.” He left towards his room and closed the door behind him.

 

Sungmin let out a heavy sigh just as Kyuhyun left. He turned to face the rest of the members and found their worried look on them.

 

“Sungmin-ah, are you sure you saw right?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“I did.”

 

“Look, let’s not jump into conclusions. Maybe we should ask her.” Ryeowook suggested.

 

“Whatever it is, I want to help. Marie-ah is not that kind of girl. She would never do anything like that to him. She loves him. And we all know that.” Siwon reminded. “Like Sungmin-ah said, it may be a misunderstanding.”

 

 

 

Walking down the hallway to work with EXO, Cathy felt a tug on her arm. She turned around and faced a sleepless Kyuhyun. “What’s wrong? You look kinda pale.” She mentioned.

 

Kyuhyun looked around, trying to find the correct words before speaking. “I-Is Marie-ah working with TVXQ today?”

 

“Yeah...” Cathy gave him a suspicious look. “Why? Kyuhyun, what’s wrong?”

 

With nervous eyes, he tried to explain. “D-Did Marie-ah explained w-where she went yesterday?”

 

“She said she had some stuff  she needed to do.”

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

“Kyuhyun, what’s wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun gaze turned to the floor as she tried to make him speak.

 

“S-Sungmin-ah came yesterday, saying that M-Marie-ah was with someone.”

 

Cathy’s eyes turned into understanding ones. She extended her hand and placed it on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. Don’t jump quickly into conclusions. It was probably some... I don’t know... business or something like that.”

 

“That’s what I want to think too. But Sungmin-ah said that they were crying and that she rubbed his hands or something like that.”

 

“Maybe he was depressed. Remember the guy I had to dance ‘Gangnam Style’ to? He was depressed and I helped him.”

 

Kyuhyun let out a sigh, “Yeah.”

 

Cathy gave him a small smile and assured him, “Marie loves you. It will only be you.”

 

Kyuhyun managed a smile and nodded. “Well you should go back to EXO.”

 

She nodded and waved goodbye.

 

 

 

“Marie, I’m home!” Cathy called once she entered through the door. “Marie!” She called one more time. There was silence on the apartment. She walked up to Marie’s room but a sudden sound coming from the bathroom alarmed her. “Marie?”

 

“I’m taking a shower!”

 

“Okay.” Cathy replied. She turned to leave towards her room, but before she could reach inside, Marie’s phone rang from Marie’s room. Expecting to be Kyuhyun, Cathy walked back inside Marie’s room and took the phone. The world stopped for her once she saw who the message was from.

 

                           To: Marie

                           From: Jason

'Hey Panda! I thought about yesterday. Let’s meet up at 8 pm on the park. I would love to talk to you about this. Love you! :D’

 

 

A tear dropped on the phone screen. Cathy looked up and found herself with tears rolling down her cheeks. She heard the shower drain close and quickly put the phone back on Marie’s desk, running towards her room. As she closed the door room, she rested her back on the wall and kneeled on the floor with teary eyes and a small chest pain. *It can’t be! He... he can’t be back.*

 

A knock on her door woke her up from thought. “Cat! I’m leaving for a while. Do you need anything?”

 

*Why did she betray me like this? Why?* Cathy managed to stand up and wipe her tears away. She faked a smile as she opened the door. “No, I’m good. I’ll see you later.” She answered to Marie.

“Okay... Bye.”

 

After Marie left, Cathy took out her phone and dialed a number. She took a breath as the person answered the call. “Kyuhyun, I need to talk to you. Can you please come over?”

 

 

 

The park was quiet breezy as Jason and Marie walked. There weren’t many people around, which made it easier for them to broach the situation. “So I thought about it. You’re right. I should’ve faced my mistakes the minute I did them. But I was young, ignorant and stupid.” Jason confessed to Marie. “I didn’t think that one stupid mistake, could’ve bring so much pain to the ones I love. And now I can’t fix it.”

 

“You’re realizing it. That’s a start.” Marie replied. “And even thought is something that will never be easy to face, if you don’t, your own conscience will not leave you alone.”

 

“That’s why I want to start making things right. And I know that after this, you won’t cope with me, but is what I feel.”

 

Marie turned to look at him with wide eyes, “What do you mean?”

 

He took a deep breath and answered, “I’m doing everything I can to get Cathy back.”

 

“Jason!”

 

“Marie no! I won’t let her go!”

 

“You can’t do this! She’s happy. Don’t you dare do this to her!”

 

“Marie, you can say whatever you want, but i’m not going away. I love her Marie. And i’m going to get her back.” Jason replied. He stood up and faced Marie, “With or without your support, I will get her back. I’m sorry.”

 

The second he was about to leave, Marie warned him, “If you dare do anything to ruin her relationship with Kris, I won’t hesitate to bring you down. You don’t deserve her Jason. You never did.”

 

With that comment, Jason left frowning while Marie took a moment to calm herself down.

 

 

Wincing at the pain she felt on her head, she managed to walk back towards her apartment. Opening the door, she found Kris staring at  her, sitting on the couch with Cathy beside who had a glare on her face.

Marie closed the door and looked towards the kitchen where she found Kyuhyun with a disappointed look. “What’s going on?” she asked.

 

Cathy stood up and walked closer to Marie, “Where were you?”

 

Marie took a moment to analyze the situation. Before answering, she took a deep breath. “Before you get angry, please hear me out...” She looked at Cathy with apologizing eyes, “I was with... Jason. He didn’t want you to know.” Marie replied softly.

 

Cathy’s eyes frown once those words escaped Marie’s mouth. Gasps, coming from the boys, filled up the room once a heavy slap was heard. Marie grabbed her burning cheek, looking at Cathy’s glare with wide eyes.

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! I hope you keep liking the story. Please conitnue to comment. We love all of those readers. Thank you! ;D