A Hard Decision

Our Crazy Life and Work

“I’m sorry to come here unexpected. I’m looking for Marie. Could you tell me where she is?” Jason asked politely.

Kyuhyun turned to him the second he mentioned Marie. Kris looked straight at Jason’s eyes and responded, “We’ll take you to her.”

Jason nodded and turned to look at Kyuhyun. He extended his hand and introduced himself, “I’m Jason.”

“I know.” Kyuhyun answered in a serious tone. He shook his hand and walked with Kris towards Marie with Jason behind them.

 

“Marie-ah?” Kris called her while peeking inside SHINee’s practice room quietly. Marie looked at Kris and stepped outside with him for a minute.

 About to speak, her eyes drifted to Kyuhyun and a male figure behind him. “What are you doing here?”

“You left this morning without any word. I was worried.” Jason told her.

“Well I had to work, and I’m fine.” Marie responded without any emotion.

“Can we please talk for a minute?”

“Talk about what?”

Jason looked at Kris and Kyuhyun. He turns back to Marie, “I understand Kris being here in our conversation. But why is this guy here?” He asked while pointing at Kyuhyun.

Marie eyed Kyuhyun’s frown and turned back to Jason, “This ‘guy’ is named Kyuhyun. And to add, he’s my boyfriend.”

“Oh, so this is the guy.” Jason replied in a surprised tone.

“Jason, why don’t you just leave? Don’t cause any more trouble than what you have already done.” Marie stipulated in an annoying tone.

About to walk back inside SHINee’s practice room, Marie’s eyes widened once she saw Cathy standing behind the boys. “C-Cathy…” She called weakly.

The boys turned around with surprised looks, and a nervous one from Jason. Cathy moved forward, passing the boys and stopped beside Marie.

Marie avoided her gaze and looked down. Jason, feeling the tension on the hallway, stepped forward and spoke, “I should get going.” He looked at Marie and continued, “I’ll see you.” He turns to Cathy and finished, “It was nice seeing you again.” Cathy turned to him with a glare, making him feel uncomfortable. He lowered his head and softly murmured, “Bye.”

 

The second that Jason disappeared, Cathy turned to Marie and scoffed, “Unbelievable.”

Marie’s gaze was still facing the floor. She slowly turned to Cathy and responded, “I’m really sorry, Cathy.” She turned to leave but Cathy’s angry voice stopped her, “I packed you a bag of clothes. You can go and pick it up. But after you do, leave.”

Marie turned abruptly towards her, “You can’t do that! I live there!”

“It’s just for a while.” Cathy confirmed in a soft tone.

“Then, where will I stay?” Marie asked.

“I talked to Junga-shi. She’s willing to give you a roof for a couple of days. It’s better than staying with Jason.”

Marie slightly softened, “I’ll pick up the bag tonight.” With tears gathering upon her eyes, she turned away and ran inside the practice room, alarming SHINee. Kyuhyun followed behind and grabbed her arm. He closed the practice room door and sank to the floor with Marie sobbing soundlessly on his chest. SHINee walked quickly beside them.  They stayed quietly with Marie, trying their best to make her feel better.

 

Cathy had a lot of mixed emotions inside of her. Her anger and stubbornness against Marie grew bigger. But guilt and sadness were building up inside of her too. She felt a sudden tug on her arm and quickly turned towards the person who touched her.

“Why do you keep doing this?” Kris asked softly. Cathy’s tears rolled down her cheeks as she tried to walk away. “Cathy, please. Just talk to me.” Kris pleaded.

Cathy stopped struggling and turned to Kris, “Let’s go somewhere private.”

Kris nodded and pulled her towards the empty music room. Once inside, Kris waited until her sobs calmed down. He pulled her in for a hug, letting her rest her head on his chest. Softly he spoke, “Please, talk to me. I know you Cathy. I know you well enough to understand that you don’t hate Marie. So please talk to me. Tell me, why so much anger over something that happened years ago?”

“I-it hurts.” Cathy stared at the floor, clutching Kris’ shirt. She continued, “That everybody is against me. And that she lied. I went on every day, thinking that it was me, that I never was good enough for him. And I had to pretend that I got over it, to help Marie when I was still hurting. I’ve helped her so much, and still she had the nerve to see me suffer for three years and lie to my face. And no one seems to bother to see my point of view. Instead, they just keep defending her, including you. I don’t hate her, Kris. But she lied. She just lied to me, and it hurts. I’ve never felt so alone…”

She kneeled to the ground, sobbing. Kris held her close, understanding her pain. “I’m so sorry. I really am, Cathy. I never thought you would suffer this much.”

Cathy held on to Kris tightly while he comforted her. She slowly spoke in between sobs, “I-I j-just-“

Unable to finish her sentence, she cried harder on Kris’ embrace. Kris cupped her head held her tighter. “I’m here Cathy. I’ll always be here.” He moved his hand to lift her chin. And slowly, he leaned for a kiss, assuring her that she is not alone.

 

 Time passed and Cathy stopped crying. Her head rested on Kris’ chest while he held her from the neck. “Cathy…” he called softly.

She looked up, meeting his eyes and waiting for him to continue.

“You should let her explain. She told you what happened, but she never said why she hid it from you.” Kris stopped once he felt Cathy had stareted to rise up. He held her hand and continued, “Cathy… I know you're mad at her, but it isn’t healthy. It’s not healthy for you two to be like this. She needs you, Cathy. And I know you need her.”

“It’s not that easy.” Cathy whispered.

“Whoever said that relationships are easy? Whether it is family, friends or intimate, it’ll never be. But the key is to make it work no matter what. I’ve known you girls for months. And for what I’ve seen, you two are inseparable. You never let anything get on the way of your friendship. And even though you two are like this, I know- wait, I’m sure that you will make it work. You need to, Cathy. You both do, more than anything.”

“I’ll try…” Cathy responded with a soft voice.

 Kris pulled her back for a hug, “I know you will.” He whispered.

 

 

 

Cathy entered the apartment and her eyes immediately drifted to a bag full of clothes on the couch. Emotions rose up, realizing that Marie hasn’t come by yet. She managed to walk towards the kitchen, looking for something to eat.

Time passed, making her eye the clock once in a while. *Eight already. Is she… is she coming?*

She looked down at her bowl of soup, playing with it’s liquid. *What should I do? Why is it so hard?* she looked up and viewed the living room.

Silence was heard around the house. Loneliness is what she most felt at this precise moment.

Suddenly, she heard keys dangling from the outside of the door. She stood up quickly, watching how the door opened slowly.

Marie entered the room silently and immediately turned to look at Cathy. She opened to speak, but nervousness grew inside of her and decided to just stay quiet. Her gaze turned towards the bag on the couch and she started to walk towards it.

Cathy eyed every one of her movements with upset eyes. Marie picked up her bag and turned to leave. She stopped the second she reached the door, just hoping for another option. But no voice was heard. She thought about turning around, but instead, with all the pain in her heart, she opened the door and walked out closing the door behind her.

Cathy stared at the door. Tears gather up in her eyes as she sunk to the floor crying. “I’m… M-Marie… I’m-“

 

Marie rested her back on the door, hearing the sobs coming from the inside. Her heart broke just as her tears rolled down her cheeks. She turned around, grabbing the door handle, staring at the door with her teary eyes. *I’m sorry…* Marie released the handle and walked away, with pain on her chest, until the sobs finally faded.

 

Hope you like this update guys. Thank you for all your comments and for all those readers. We love you all! :D