A Simple Mistake

Our Crazy Life and Work

 

 
 
 "MARIE-AH!"
 
 "D.O!"
 
As they were on the floor, they stared at each other in disbelieve. Their eyes were wider than an owl and their cheeks felt as if it were on fire. "Oh my god! Oh god!" Marie ruffled her hair in frustration. "How did- How the hell did-"
 
Both of them were to shocked to even speak about the situation. D.O place his hand on his chest, taking deep breaths to control his nervousness, and realizing that he could feel his own skin. He looked down to himself and noticed that he had no shirt on. He immediately looked up at Marie and found her in the same state. "Marie-ah, your-your-" He pointed at her chest.
 
As she looked down, her eyes widened and as fast as she could, she covered herself with her arms. "! Where's my shirt?" She began to crawl over the floor with one hand while covering herself with the other, searching for her missing shirt. She spotted it on the corner of the bed and quickly ran towards it, grabbing it and putting it on. Once she finished, she rested her back on the end of the bed and whispered to herself in a shocked expression, "What did I do?"
 
D.O heard her whisper and crawled next to her. "I don't think anything happened. I mean, we woke up with pants." He stated.
 
Marie placed her hand on her forehead and confessed, "I can't remember anything."
 
D.O stared at her, trying his best to come up with better words. Marie noticed his intentions and spoke, "D.O this doesn't look good." Her eyes widened as she continued, "Oh my god! What if Kyuhyun finds out? I'm so dead, I'm so dead." She banged her head against her knees. 
 
D.O placed both hands on her shoulders and slightly shook her. "Look, you're not dead. I'm sure he'll understand the situation. I mean... nothing happened." He assured her. Marie nodded, "You're right. Nothing happened. We just woke up in the same bed and that's it. Yeah... He'll understand... I think."
 
D.O rubbed his neck nervously. "Marie-ah?" He called. Marie looked at him, waiting for him to continue, "I am kind of scared of Cathy. What if she finds out?"
 
Her eyes widened as she heard him speak. She looked around searching for something and turned back to D.O. "I-Is there a blank paper around here?"
 
"Why?" D.O asked confusedly. 
 
"Because I have to write down my pitiful will." She looked at him and continued, "Today is the day that I will die." 
 
 "Can you be anymore dramatic?" D.O asked with sarcasm. Marie pouted and answered, "Well I'm sorry. But it's the truth. I'm so dead when Cathy finds out."
 
"You're dead? I'm the one who will get it. I wasn't as drunk as you. I should've realized you were here." D.O mentioned.
 
"But I'm not supposed to get drunk. So I'm the one who will get in trouble." Marie defended.
 
"Are we seriously fighting about who will get in trouble?" D.O asked with a small chuckle. Before Marie could respond, a knock on the door alarmed both of them. "D.O it's me! Open up!"
 
Marie tuned to D.O with a panicked expression. She stood up abruptly, looking for a place to hide. "Crap! That's Kris! I need to hide." D.O took her arm and pulled her to the side of the bed. "Hide under the bed. I'll make him leave."
 
Marie nodded and began to kneel down. D.O turned around and took out his bag from the room's closet. He opened the bag and took out the first shirt he could grab. He walked towards the door and presented himself to Kris. "What's up?" D.O asked as if nothing happened here. Kris walked inside the room and began to explain. "Just came to check if you're alright. Apperantly, getting drunk wasn't the smartest thing to do."
 
"I agree with you." D.O mumbled.
 
"Kai, Tao and Sehun were found vomiting in their rooms. Cathy went to check on them." Kris mentioned. Under the bed, Marie was found face palming herself because of Kris' statement. "I wonder how Marie-ah is." Kris continued, "Cathy told me that she doesn't tolerate alcohol that well. I hope that Kyuhyun treated her good."
 
"Kyuhyun?" D.O asked in curiosity. 
 
Kris nodded, "Yeah. Marie-ah said that she was going to Kyuhyun's room. Well, in her exact words, she was going to show Kyuhyun a good tiiimee~" Kris imitated Marie's words. D.O's eyes widened as Marie cursed under the bed. Kris jumped by the sudden voice and kneeled down to see where it came from, only to find Marie smiling sheepishly. "Heyy, K-Kris..."
 
 
 
After some time, Cathy arrived to D.O's room and made them sit down on the bed. Both Cathy and Kris crossed their arms as they interrogated the two victims. "What the hell happened?" Cathy asked in a surprised tone. "How did you end up with D.O instead of Kyuhyun?" Kris asked Marie.
 
"Nothing happened! I told you guys already." D.O claimed.
 
"Look, I believe you. I know you guys wouldn't do anything. I trust you." Cathy confirmed and continued, "I'm just worried about this. Marie, how are you going to explain this to Kyuhyun?"
 
Marie raised her fist all dramatically. She opened and said, "I don't know." She laid on the bed, frowning at herself.  "Well how about this? Tell him the truth." Kris suggested.
 
Marie stood up and replied, "No , Sherlock." 
 
Kris frowned, "Damn! I'm just trying to help." 
 
Marie ruffled her hair in frustration. "I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just that... how the hell am I going to explain this to Kyuhyun without him misunderstanding? I can't just go up to him and say 'Oh, Kyuhyun. I got drunk last night and went to show you a good time, but instead I ended waking up in D.O's room'."
 
Cathy nodded and shrugged her shoulders while answering, "Yeah like that. Just without that deep voice. Seriously, you're terrible at imitating yourself." 
 
Marie shot her a frown. "Look, no! I can't say that. He'll definitely misunderstand." She defended. Kris sat beside her and placed an arm around her shoulder while advising. "Just talk to him. Explain everything from beginning to end. I'm completely sure he'll understand. Okay?"
 
Marie looked at him and with an unsure look, she nodded.
 
 
 
Cathy walked through the hallways of the hotel, searching for any EXO members that still needed to be checked. As she walked through the fifth floor, she began to hum a tune, all happily. As she hummed, she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around but found a desolated hallway. *Hm... That's weird.*
 
She turned back around and continued her pace. Another sound of footsteps were heard. She turned around quickly and yet found no one behind. Her heart began to pound in fear and her hands began to tremble. Slowly, she began to turn around with her head still focused behind her. Once she fully turned, she let out a huge scream in shock. "AHHHH..."
 
Manager Kim flinched by her sudden scream and waited for her to finished. Once she calmed down, he crossed his arms and looked straight at her eyes with a glare on his face. "What happened last night?"
 
Cathy's eyes widened, "What?"
 
"Why is Kai, Sehun, Tao, Baekhyu-"
 
"Okay, I get it."
 
Manager Kim looked at her and waited for a response. Cathy looked at him all innocently and playfully nudged his arm, "What's up, Guju Kim?" 
 
Manager Kim raised an eyebrow at her. Before he could speak, she interrupted. "I'm sorry, Guju Kim. I know I disappointed you. It's my fault they got drunk." 
 
"Well I'm glad you recognized it. Be glad that I won't mention this to President Lee Soo Man." Her head perked up as he mentioned this. He held up an index finger and continued, "But... for your punishment, you will clean up after EXO. Since you have realized that they can't tolerate alcohol, they will be ill for a couple of days. It will be YOUR job to make them better. Understood?" Cathy nodded and Manager Kim continued, "Also, EXO-M will be leaving to China in a couple of weeks. Which means that Kris will leave. And you will stay." Cathy's eyes widened. Before she could respond, he cut her off. "That will be also part of your punishment. I was thinking about bringing you along to China, but considering your irresponsibility of last night, you will stay here in Korea. No boyfriend for three weeks."
 
"Three weeks?!"
 
"Yes, you will learn for this mistake. I already spoke  to Kris about this and we came to an understanding. So for this week and a half left before they leave, you can both spend your precious time together. I don't care what you do, but just to make sure..." He leaned closer to whisper on her ear, "Don't you dare get pregnant." 
 
Cathy's eyes widened. "Not even in dreams. I'm too young for that."
 
"Good! Well as I was saying, after this week and a half passes, is bye-bye for three weeks. Are we clear?"
 
Cathy stood in silence while looking at him. She lowered her head and nodded. "We're clear." She murmured. "Good. Now go and find EXO. Make sure they're okay." Manager Kim ordered her. She nodded and began to walk away, still hurt that she won't be able to see her boyfriend for three weeks. 
 
 
 
*Okay Marie. Just tell him the truth. He'll understand. He will... right?* Marie took a deep breath as she got out of the elevator. Her hands trembled and her heart was ready to jump out of her chest and run away, metaphorically of course. But still, her nervousness was growing deeper inside of her. In her twenty one years of her life, she has never gotten in a situation like this. And explaining a misunderstanding to the person she loves, makes her head spin around. 
 
As she walked to the lobby, she spotted members if Super Junior talking with each other. She took one last deep breath and began to walk towards them. "Hey guys!" She greeted with a forced smile.
 
"Hey Marie-ah!" The boys waved back. Marie looked around and asked, "Where's Kyuhyun?"
 
"Awww, that's so sweet. Desperate to find her boyfriend." Eunhyuk teased.
 
Marie threw a pillow from the couch at him as the rest giggled. "Marie-ah, he's at the pool with Sungmin." Siwon told her. She thankfully nodded and walked away towards the pool. Her mind kept thinking of how she will start to explain. At one point, she has every word ready inside of her head. But it all scattered as she laid eyes on him by the pool. 
 
She carefully began to walk towards him and Sungmin. "Oh, Marie-ah!" Sungmin called as he noticed her. Kyuhyun looked at her with a smile and pulled her for a hug. "Good morning, sweetie." He softly said before giving her a peck on the lips. He backed away in surprise as he realized she didn't responded to the kiss. "Are you okay?" He asked her.
 
Before she could respond, they all got interrupted by a running Donghae who called their names.  Donghae panted as he stopped beside Sungmin. "Guys, guess what?"
 
"What?"
 
"I heard by one of F(x) assistants that one of the EXO's members had a fun night." Donghae explained.
 
Marie's eyes widened while listening to the boy's questions. "Wait... fun as in 'yay' fun or fun as in 'wohoo' fun?" Sungmin asked.
 
Kyuhyun and Donghae looked at him in confusion. "What?"
 
Sungmin rolled his eyes, "I meant, fun as in a party or fun as in a... you know."
 
"The 'you know' fun." Donghae answered.
 
"Oh wow! But wait... who was the girl?" Kyuhyun asked. Marie began to lowered her head in guilt as she continued hearing their conversation. "F(x) assistant didn't tell me. But I have a feeling it was one of the assistants. I mean... SNSD isn't here, F(x) had interviews last night. So who's left? The assistants." Donghae told them. 
 
"Damn! I know this is my opinion, but if that girl is older than the EXO guy, she will be in trouble. Or if she's married, or at least already in a relationship." Sungmin mentioned. Second by second, Marie kept lowering her head, cursing at herself inside of her mind. "Do you imagine if that happens to us? Finding out that our girlfriends woke up with another man?" Donghae asked. 
 
"I will be pissed!" Sungmin said.
 
"I won't worry about that. I know that Marie-ah will never do that to me. Right Marie-ah?" Kyuhyun asked while turning to look at her. He found her staring at the floor with wide eyes. "Marie-ah?"
 
Slowly, she began to look up until she met his eyes, nervously. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms. Sungmin and Donghae looked at each other in shock. "Oh I'm hungry!" Donghae commented. "Oh yeah, me too. Let's go eat." Sungmin said as he pulled Donghae away from the pool.
 
As they left, Marie and Kyuhyun stayed at the pool. "Marie-ah?" Kyuhyun called her for the third time. Marie took a deep breath and began to speak. "Before you say anything, it's a big misunderstanding."
 
Kyuhyun's eyes widened as he realized what she would talk about. "Oh my god." He placed a hand on his mouth, calming his emotions. "Please let me explain first before jumping into any conclusions." Marie begged in a whisper. After a few seconds, Kyuhyun motioned her to continue. She nodded and began to explain. "I got drunk last night..."
 
"Oh what a great way to begin an explanation." Kyuhyun said sarcastically. 
 
Marie continued, "And I don't tolerate alcohol that good."
 
"I figured."  
 
Marie ignored his comment once again and continued, "The thing is, one thing led to another and the next thing I knew is that I was telling Cathy that I was going to your room to show you a good time. As I got out of the room, I forgot which room number you were and I went inside to the closest one I remembered thinking it was yours. But nothing happened. All I did was enter and I literally fell asleep in the bed."
 
"And you couldn't look at his face to realize it wasn't me?"
 
"I was drunk, Kyuhyun. I was dizzy and I could barely see a thing."
 
Kyuhyun looked straight in her eyes, noticing her nervousness. He bit his lips, preparing himself for what he's about to ask. "So... who did you end up with?" 
 
Marie looked at him and afraid of what he might think, she answered. "D.O"
 
Kyuhyun scoffed and shook his head. He looked at her and took a deep breath. Marie noticed his reaction and with tears gathering up inside her eyes, she asked. "You're mad, aren't you?"
 
"Is not that I'm mad, Marie-ah. Is just tha- I'm, I'm shocked." Kyuhyun answered. "I'm really shocked. Is hard to picture it."
 
Marie lowered her head and whispered, "I'm sorry, Kyuhyun. I'm really sorry." A tear began to roll down her cheek. Kyuhyun pulled her in for a hug and told her, "Don't cry. I trust you. If you say nothing happened, then I trust you. It's alright. Let's just forget about this." After a moment, he felt Marie nod in his chest. He rested his chin on top of her head and closed his eyes. Although he believed her, the shock was just to big for him to cope at this moment. 
 
 
 
 
A few days passed and everyone returned back to SM.  Cathy and Marie sat down in the lobby's couch, listening to the jokes between Super Junior and EXO. "So Cathy, when you first started working here, did you feel the hots for Kris?" Ryeowook asked her. 
 
Cathy blushed and cleared . "Oh Yesung, how is it going with your singing?"
 
The Super Junior Members cheered along with EXO as they heard Cathy changing the subject. "Ha! It's true! She did feel the hots for Kris." Chen giggled.
 
"Wait... Now for Kris. Did you felt the same way for her?" Sehun asked. Kris couldn't help anything with his smile and red cheeks as the rest cheered. "Awww... That's so cute." Marie cooed on her seat.
 
"Shut up!" Kris blushed. 
 
"Dude, you're so shy!" Kyuhyun teased as he jumped from the floor to seat beside Marie. "Shut up! You're the same with Marie-ah too." Kris defended. 
 
"I think we're all shy around the girls." Baekhyun chuckled, "Remember the time that Suho hyung fell and Cathy came running to help him up. He didn't even meet her eyes because he felt embarrassed." 
 
"Or the time that D.O got a fever and Cathy was busy with EXO M that Marie-ah had to take care of him. When we got to the dorm, I thought D.O's fever increased. But no, it was because he was blushing about Marie-ah." Kai commented. D.O smiled and Marie chuckled. Kyuhyun turned serious at the comment and without realizing it, he stood up and left. The crowd fell silent as they watched him leave. Marie stood up and ran up to him. "Kyuhyun?" She pulled his arm. 
 
Kyuhyun turned around and met her eyes. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?" She asked in concern. He shook his head and turned to walk away, but Marie held his arm once again and begged, "Don't do this to me again. Tell me what's wrong, Kyuhyun." 
 
He turned to look at her and with angry eyes he began to speak.  "Why are you so close to them? You're always working for Super Junior. You never work with them, and still you're that close to them."
 
Marie stepped back, surprised by his sudden expression. "Why are you so mad about that? You know how I am with them. Why the sudden outburst?" She asked. Kyuhyun stood silent, unable to respond back. Marie noticed as he tried to find words to reply and that's when she realized something. "Is this... is this because of D.O?"
 
Kyuhyun looked at her with a frown. Marie shook her head. "I knew it. I knew you weren't going to let it go." 
 
"Well what did you expect? I'm mad, Marie-ah. I know you didn't do anything, but I'm still mad. You should've known better than that." Kyuhyun confessed.
 
Marie lowered her head, controlling her breath as she spoke, "I thought you trusted me. You said to let this go, so why haven't you?"
 
Instead of answering her, he turned his head away from her. Marie's eyes started to tear up as she scoffed, "Wow. So this is how it goes?" He continued being silent. She angrily nodded and turned away. Before leaving, she told him, "You know that you're misunderstanding this, right? You can hear me say it a million times that nothing happened, but all your head says is that I woke up in another man's bed. And that's where you are wrong Kyuhyun. I might be capable of a lot of things, but cheating on you is the last thing I will never do. I love you, Kyuhyun. I hope you can trust me when I say this next words. I prefer to die a million times before I hurt you in any kind of way." She finished with tears rolling down her cheeks. Before he could turn around to reply, she was already gone. And he stood there wishing he could turn back time and correct the mistake he did. 
 
 
 
Hey guys! Hope you liked this update. Don't forget to leave your amazig comments and thanks again for all
your supports. :D