Explanations

Our Crazy Life and Work

Tension filled up the air on Cathy’s and Marie’s apartment. The boys eyes were wide, unbelieving how Cathy and Marie were being.

“!” Cathy frowned at Marie. “I can’t believe you! After all these years, and this is how you betray me?”

Marie’s eyes widened, still with her hand on her cheek, she answered calmly, “I’m so sorry Cat.”

“Don’t you dare call me ‘Cat’?”

Tears were gathering up on Marie’s eyes. “Please, let me explain first.”

“Explain what? How you betrayed me? How you’ve lied to me all this years?” Cathy interrogated. Marie started to tear up, while Cathy scoffed, “Unbelievable!”

“Cat please, just let me explain.”

“I don’t need your explanation. I’ve heard enough from Jason’s mother.”

Marie looked straight at Cathy’s eyes. “She told you.” It was not a question, but a conformation.

“Just as she told me how you knew. I trusted you Marie. I believed you when you said you didn’t know why he left in the first place. And after all these years, this is how you betray me? I hate you!” Cathy shouted, “I’ve spent all these years, just trying to make you happy again because of Bryan. You knew how devastated I was when I thought it was because of me. And still you didn’t say anything? Instead you just left me like that? Just all depressed?”

Marie stood silent while letting out low sobs. Cathy saw Marie’s tears only making her angrier. She frowned, stepping closer to Marie with her right hand raised. Before hitting Marie’s red cheek again, she felt a hand grabbing her wrist tightly. Cathy’s eyes tears up when she heard Kris say, “Enough Cathy!” He continued, “Maybe you should give her a chance to explain herself.”

Cathy glared at Marie and ripped her wrist out of Kris’ grip. Marie, on the other hand, turned to look at Kyuhyun and saw his angry frown. “Now’s your chance Marie-ah, explain.” He ordered.

Marie turned back to Cathy and slowly began to speak. “The night that you confessed to Jason, he was very confused. He went to this party at one of his friend’s house…

 

                                  -Flashback-

 

“Yo Jason! Come here, drink this.” One of Jason’s friends called.

“Just a second.” Jason answered back while finishing his phone call. “Marie, please! Don’t tell Bryan or Mom that I’m here. And especially not Cat.”

Why? Is it that important?

“Marie, please!”

“Panda!”

Fine! Just don’t do anything stupid, Jason.

“I won’t.”

Jason hanged up with Marie and went back inside towards his friends. The smell of alcohol coming out of his friend breath was irritating. But that didn’t stop Jason from drinking too.

The music pounded real hard on his head, just as a terrible headache rose up inside of him. His vision started to blur. He made his way up to one of the rooms in the house, hoping for some peace and quiet.

He turned around when he heard the door close. “Bianca, what are you doing?” He frowned.

Bianca walked towards Jason, pushing him slightly on the bed. “Don’t worry Baby, I just want to have some fun.”

She straddled his hips, slowly taking of his shirt and planting soft kisses all over his chest. Drunk enough, he didn’t even budge to leave. Closing his eyes, still with the pain on his head, letting the girl spread the heat on the room.

 

 

Waking up with a moan, Jason felt an arm, circled around his waist. He turned around and found Bianca, covered with bed sheets, sleeping soundlessly next to him. His eyes widened once he laid eyes on his own clothes all over the floor. *! What did I do? !* He started to ruffle his hair in frustration as he felt Bianca waking up. “Hey baby…” She said softly while planting a kiss on his cheek.

“H-how… How did this happen?” He asked with anger.

Bianca smiled and replied, “Well you seemed to like it, since you were… having a lot of fun.”

Jason frowned and got up from the bed. He took his clothes and started to put them on while leaving the room.

“Jason!” Bianca’s shout was heard while Jason ran out of the house.

 

 

Walking to the front porch of his house, Jason found Bryan, on the chair next to the door, waiting for him. “Where were you? Do you have any idea of how worried we were?” Bryan asked.

Jason closed his eyes and sighed, “I was just at a friend’s house.”

Bryan stood up from his seat and walked closer to Jason. He twitched his nose in disgust once he caught a brief smell of Jason’s clothes. “Ugg… you reek of rum. Where you… where you drunk?”

“Bryan, I don’t want to talk about this now.” Jason turned to leave, but Bryan stopped him, “Nana’s inside.”

Jason ce again towards Bryan with wide eyes, “Is Cat here?”

Bryan stared at him with serious eyes and nodded. He looked through the window to make sure that Nana or Cathy haven’t realized that Jason’s back, and turned back to Jason, “Do you even feel anything for her?”

Jason closed his eyes and mumbled loud enough for Bryan to hear, “I don’t know.”

Bryan nodded and took a deep breath in anger, “Cat is a sister to me. I love you and you’re my brother, but if you ever hurt her… you’ll pay.” He whispered. He turned around to go back inside, but the smell of alcohol coming from his brothers was to obvious, “The back door is open. Enter from there.” He ordered.

With that comment, Bryan stormed off inside the house, leaving Jason speechless.

 

About to walk inside the house through the back door, Jason didn’t notice Marie behind him with an angry glare; he turned around surprise once he saw the shadow, “Marie?”

She took a step closer and swings a hard slap on his face, making his cheek burn. Jason stared at her with wide eyes, understanding her intentions. “Marie, I-“

“Don’t! You’re an ! I received a call from Bianca. She told me everything. I can’t believe it!”

“I’m sorry, Marie I’m sorry. I didn’t know what I was doing. I was drunk.” Jason explained.

“Drunk or not, you should’ve know what was right from wrong. I can’t believe you did this to Cat.”

“You think I feel good about this? I feel horrible right now!”

Marie frowned, “Who should tell her? You or me?”

Jason’s eyes widened, “None! This stays between you and me.”

“Are you crazy? She’s my best friend. I will not hold this from her.”

“Marie, please! I beg you. Don’t say a word about this.”

“Then what are you going to do Jason?”

Jason stared at her nervously and sighed, “I-I don’t know. I think I might leave or something.”

“Leave?”

“I just think that is better if I get distance.”

“How could you be so selfish?” Marie looked at him with a glare, “How do you think she will feel.”

“I don’t know Marie. I really don’t know.” He whispered, “Let’s just drop it for a while.”

                        -End of flashback-

 

The room went silent as Marie finished explaining what happened with Jason. “I-I’m really sorry C-Cat. I really am.” Marie whispered in between sobs. Cathy looked at Marie, teary eyed, she responded, “How could you do this to me? I-I trusted you…”

“Cat, I’m so sorry, I pro-“

“No! You knew I loved him! How could you do this to me? You betrayed me…” Cathy whispered in tears.

Marie tried speaking to her again; only to be interrupted by her glare, “Get out! I can’t… I can’t-, Just please leave.”

Kris eyed Cathy in disbelieve and argued, “You can’t kick her out. She has every right to be here.”

Cathy turned to Kris with a furious expression. “So now you’re defending her? Get out! Both of you just leave!”

With the little strength she had, she grabbed the closest thing she could find (which was a book) and threw it at them, knocking a flower pot in the process. “LEAVE!”

Before she could grab another thing, Kyuhyun grabbed her, holding her arms down. Kyuhyun turned to Marie and Kris, “I think is best if you two leave.” He turned to Marie and continued, “I’m very disappointed in you. I never thought you’ll do something like this.”

Marie hanged her head low and turned towards the door, grabbing Kris’ wrist. “Let’s just leave.” Before walking out the door, “I’m really sorry Cathy…” Marie apologized one last time and walked out with Kris, closing the door behind her.

 

Cathy stood in silence, staring at the door. Sobs filled the room, breaking the silence. Still in Kyuhyun’s grasp, she sinks to the floor with Kyuhyun still holding her. Cathy rested her head on his shoulder.

“I know that probably things right now won’t be easy. I’m sure she has a reason for holding it so long. Just give each other some distance. Until both of you calm down.” Kyuhyun reassured while rubbing Cathy’s head.

 

 

THank you so much for the comments! Please keep it up guys. Thanks again! :D