Goodbyes

Our Crazy Life and Work

“Are you sure you want to go alone? I can come with you.” Marie suggested to Cathy who was getting ready to meet Jason.

“I need you to stay and keep an eye on Kris. I trust him, but not his jealousy.”  Cathy confirmed while eyeing Kris. Kyuhyun and Marie chuckled while Kris pouted. “I’m not jealous.”

“Then why are you holding Cathy?” Kyuhyun asked teasingly.

Kris looked down and found himself grabbing Cathy’s arms. “I just… want a hug before she leaves.” He murmured while holding Cathy tight. Cathy chuckled and turned to Kris, “Baby, I’ll be alright, I’m just going to talk with him. Okay?”

Kris pouted and nodded, “Okay… just, please don’t take too long.”

Cathy rolled her eyes and chuckled, “Fine.” She turned to Marie and continued, “Please keep on watch of this Babo.”

Marie looked at Kris’ frown and giggled, “I’ll try.”

 

 

It was a good weather that day. The park was slightly crowded with different tourist, and the climate was comfortable. Jason was sitting on one of the park benches, supposedly waiting for Marie to arrive.

He looked around at the people, admiring the families, the elders and including the couples. A new wedded couple arrived at the park. Jason eyed the happy couple and the first thing the came over his mind, was Cathy.

Her happiness is the most important thing for him. The thought of her smile and her cute blush, made his heart flutter. He knows the things that could make her happy, just as he knows who could make her happy.

The sad part for him was that he isn’t the one who will. He knows that. He knows that he won’t have a chance. But accepting it has become a conflict for him. He knows that he has to let her go, but letting her go meant not being able to see her again. And that is one of his biggest fears.

“Jason?”

A girls voice called for him. Recognizing the voice, Jason rapidly stood up and turned around. He opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out. Cathy stared at him and smiled, “You look so different.”

“C-Cat-“

“Yeah, I know. I found out the truth and here I am, smiling.”

Jason’s gaze turned to the floor, avoiding her eyes. “I made up with Marie.” He heard Cathy mention.

“I-I’m very g-glad.” He whispered.

“Let’s sit down, Jason. I would love to talk to you, if you don’t mind.” Cathy pleaded while sitting down on the bench. Jason nervously nodded and took a sit beside her.

“I’ve made up with Marie, but I still haven't forgiven her yet. She lied, just like you did.” Cathy softly said.

Jason turned quickly to her, “Cathy, please do forgive her. She never wanted to lie. It was me who made her do it. I didn’t want to hurt you and I made her keep this secret from everyone. She really wanted to tell you, she kept nagging me every day about it. But I never let her do it; I never let her tell you. And every time she was about to, I was always there to stop her. So please, don’t blame this on her.”

Cathy sighed and nodded with a smile formed upon her lips, “Thank you.”

“W-what?”

“Thank you.” She repeated, “That’s what I wanted to hear. To tell you the truth Jason, it hurts more the fact that Marie lied to me, than the fact that you hurted me. But know that you told me the truth, I can see things differently. Because now I know that I’m not alone anymore.”

“Cat, I am truly sorry. Not for the stupid mistake that I did, because I knew what I was doing and I regret it. But I am sorry for running away instead of facing my mistakes. I did wrong; I acted wrong. I hurt my loved ones and lost so much. I’m not saying for you to forgive me right now, but please, I would love a chance.”

“Jason…”

“No, please listen. Not a chance for me to be with you. Knowing how things are right now, it’s impossible. But I would love a chance for me to let me be your friend; your brother. To tell you the truth, my chances for being with you are long gone. It’s too bad that I realized it now and not years ago.” Jason expressed. He took a deep breath and continued, “Kris… Kris is a good guy. The way he took care of Marie that other night says a lot about him. I know how much you two love each other. So… I will… let you go. I won’t bother you again with this. But please… please let me be part of your life.”

Cathy stared at him and smiled, “You’ve always been part of my life, Jason. People make mistakes all the time, including me. Some mistakes are big, just like some are small. But a thing that Nana taught me was that we need to move one, learn from each mistake and keep working on making yourself better. Working on being better tomorrow than what you are today.”

“I’m so glad you came today, Cathy. Thank you.”

“Jason… Thank you for coming back to our lives.” Cathy smiled and hugged him. Jason returned the hug with a smile, but at the same time, eyeing how a bush near their bench moved. “You do realize that Kris, Marie and her boyfriend, whose name I can’t seem to remember, are hiding on that bush, right?” Jason asked looking straight at the three stalkers.

Cathy chuckled and turned towards the bush, “Didn’t I order you to stay home?”

“That’s what I told them, but no… they never listen to ‘Baby Maknae’…” Kyuhyun answered in a sarcastic tone. Marie nudges him while Kris tried to hide behind Kyuhyun.

“Nice try, Kris. But you’re taller than… what’s your name again?” Jason asked.

“Kyuhyun! I told you twice yesterday.” Marie reminded.

“Sorry, you know me and my memory.” Jason joked. The girls chuckled making the boys smile. Jason noticed their happiness and became comfortable around them. He cleared his throat and turned to Kris, “I’m not going to say it because you’ve probably heard it a million times already. But what I will say is that I need a favor from you.”

Kris looked at him curiously and nodded, “Alright.”

Jason smiled and answered, “I need you to give Cathy the love and care that I never did. I want you to protect her, to be there for her, even if it’s just for something small, and to promise me that no matter what problems could come, you won’t ever leave her. I didn’t keep that promise, but I’m certain that you will. Would you do me that favor Kris?” Jason extended his hand waiting for a response.

Kris looked at Cathy and smiled. He turned to Jason and shook his hand, “I will. I promise, Jason.”

Jason nodded and smiled. He turned to Kyuhyun and spoke, “Now, I don’t know you yet. But considering how you make Marie smile, I guess you’re okay.”

“Jason…” Marie called.

“Let me finish! Kyuhyun, right? I’m going to speak on behave of my brother. When we were young, Bryan once told me his biggest wish. I was hoping in answer something like to become a dancer or a manager. But it surprised me when he said that his wish was for Marie’s happiness. I asked him if anything else, but he said no. He clearly stated that it was his big and only wish. And by seeing her smile today, I finally realized that his wish came true. So, one behave of my brother, thank you. To both of you. Kris and Kyuhyug, thank you for making them smile after all this years.” Jason expressed.

“It’s Kyuhyun!” Marie reminded. Jason turned to look at the girls and smiled, “I’m just teasing.”

Kris and Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded. “These girls, to be honest, are the best things that have happened in our lives. We are so grateful that we can have them here with us.” Kyuhyun said with a soft voice.

Jason smiled and nodded. He turned to the girls and gasped, “Oh! I forgot to tell you. I’m starting my doctor’s degree next week. I’m leaving tomorrow for New York.”

“Are you going to be a plastic surgeon?” Cathy asked.

Kris turned to her with raised eyebrows, “Don’t even think about it!”

“Yeah, I’m with Kris. I won't ever touch your faces. And I’ll even make sure to announce that to all the doctors.” Jason told the girls. “Well, I’m off to pack. Kris? Kyuhyun? Do you mind if I give the girls a hug?”

The boys chuckled, “Of course not!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

The girls ran off to Jason’s embrace and hugged him tightly. “I’ll miss you.” He softly whispered.

 

 

After Jason left, the couples stayed walking around the park. Marie got lost in her own thoughts until she remembered something. “Cathy!”

Cathy turned towards her in shock. “What?”

“You owe me!”

“What do I owe you?” Cathy asked in a confused tone.

“My trip! I won the deal. Remember?”

Cathy looked at Marie with a weird expression, trying to remember what deal she’s talking about. Her face lifted once finally remembering. “Ohh! Psst… do I have to?”

“Yes! And I already picked the place… Italy!” Marie expressed.

“Whoa, whoa! What deal? Why Italy?” Kyuhyun asked.

Marie chuckled and responded, “When we started, I made a deal with Cat. If I could make a change of heart on Super Junior, I win a trip.”

“Oh? So you made it for interest, not from heart?” Kris asked.

“Well with Super Junior, it started that way. But then Kyuhyun blocked my way.” Marie blushed.

Kyuhyun smiled and pulled Marie for a hug. Kris rolled his eyes and murmured, “Get a room.”

Cathy giggled and gave him a peck on his cheek, “Don’t be so grumpy, Babo.”

Kris reddened and hid his cheeks. “So Italy, huh? Can we come?” Kyuhyun asked.

“NO!” The girls shouted. Kris and Kyuhyun pouted while lowering their heads. The girls secretly smiled at each other and hi-fived.

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait this week. We we’re a bit busy with school. I hope you guys like this update, please keep commenting and hope you can keep supporting us. Thank you all!! ;D