The Awaited Attack

My Sister's Gift

Yoona's POV

It felt like a dream to finally be in the warm embrace of Yuri. Her arms were wrapped around my shoulder as I rested my head in the crook of her neck.

We had finished eating dinner and had decided to take a walk through Tiffany-unnie's gardens. SooSeo had stayed behind to clean up, while the SunYeon duo was kept busy by JJ. The JeTi couple on the other hand sat on the grass sipping red wine.

Minna had tagged along with us but she fell asleep, using my lap as a pillow, while Yuri and I enjoyed the cool breeze of the evening and the wonderful aroma of the pink roses that Tiffany-unnie had requested to be planted all over her garden.

The week had been exhausting as my schedules were filled with hours and hours of work. Jessica-unnie had loaded me with overwhelming events and she even had me doing last minute photo shoots, which she NEVER did unless we were really time-crunching. Not to mention the whole Mr. Kim ordeal...

*Flashback*

It was late and Yoona had just gotten home from a late night radio show. The clock read 3 am as Chansung finally dropped her off for the night. Nickhun was barely awake as he escorted Yoona up to her room. 

"Nickhun-oppa, you can just see me to the elevator, I know you're tired."

"It's fine Yoona-ssi, Miss Jung expressed clearly that I was to see you up to your room."

The doe-eyed girl smiled apologetically at her body guard but nevertheless let him lead her up to her room. She bid him goodnight as she entered her home and locked the door.

Yoona fell onto the couch as she collapsed with exhaustion. Her phone lit up as she received an incoming call. Thinking that it was Jessica again, she sat up and answered it reluctantly.

"Hello Sica-unnie? Can we please talk about this after I get some sleep?"

The person on the other side chuckled dryly and Yoona realized that it wasn't Jessica at all.

"Hello Miss Im. Sad to say that I'm actually not Miss Jung."

"Kim..."

"Yes it's Kim speaking. I would have liked a better response from you as it has been quite a while since we have met. How unfortunate... You don't seem to miss me..."

"With all due respect sir... I don't have time to reminisce on all the... pleasant memories you have given me. I'm a busy person."

"That I do know Miss Im. My men have seen you working yourself overtime to prepare for the next book release. I wish you all the best."

"Thank you sir, but I believe you did not call me to give me congratulations... What is it that you really want?"

The other line became silent and Yoona shivered, feeling an ominous tingle down her spine.

"I wanted to give you a warning Miss Im. Clear the misunderstanding between you and K-Entertainment, come back to my company, and I promise in return your punishment will be small."

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim but I won't be doing anything of the sort. I'm perfectly satisfied with the career I have right now."

"Then you have been warned Miss Im... Remember that whatever I do from now on you could've stopped."

Yoona was quiet.

"Oh and by the way Miss Im... you're niece is absolutely charming. I will be keeping close eyes on her. Sleep well..."

*End of flashback*

"Yoona-ah~ are you feeling okay?" asked Yuri as she studied my face with a worried expression.

I gave her a reassuring smile, "Just tired."

I can't tell her the truth... I can't put her in danger as well...

But what am I supposed to do?? Am I strong enough to fight for you both???

"She looks so much like you," said Yuri gesturing towards Minna.

I grinned widely, "I know; it's kind of amazing... I never knew she would look so much like me."

"It's cute though! You really seem like her mom!"

"Looking like her mom and being one is completely different... I don't think I'm cut out to be her mom..."

Yuri turned to face me with an angry expression, "Hey now. We all know you're the only for Minna so don't doubt your parenting skills now."

" *Sigh*... I'm sorry I'm just really tired..."

"It's alright Yoona-ah... why don't you rest for a while?"

Yuri shifted me so I was resting on her more comfortably. She gave me a smile that sent my restless heart at ease. Her sweet voice lulled me towards sleep. Slowly, I began to close my eyes, drifting off to a place where none of my worries would find me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday came quickly and now my stylist team were frantically doing my hair as Jessica-unnie rehearsed answers that I should use for the official book release combined press conference. We had decided with a bold chic look, professional but still fresh. My long hair was being curled carefully Tiffany-unnie on the other hand was on her phone making last minute adjustments and driving her staff into a frenzy.

The staff led us to the waiting room as the release would be broadcasted live this morning. They had yet to finish setting up the cameras, leaving Jessica-unnie time to pace nervously in the enclosed space.

"Sica-unnie... calm down please..."

"How can I Yoong???!! This is your first comeback after the press conference with Minna!! If this doesn't go well your whole entire career is down the drain!!!!"

"Everything's going to be fine..."

Before Jessica-unnie could say anymore I was led out towards the large conference room packed with media and obviously my fans. They had been lined up and waiting since 4 am. I was touched at their devotion so I gave them my best smile, sending the storm of cameras into a light show. They seated me in a panel which consisted of me, my editor, Tiffany-unnie, and a representative from the publishing company. Before the conference started I glanced at my phone, which sported a cute picture of Yuri, Minna, and I posing goofily. Smiling, I opened the text Yuri had sent me earlier that morning.

To: MyDeerYoong~

Hwaiting~ I know that you'll do well honey! Can't wait to get a copy of my own...
But for now Minna and I are wishing you the best of luck!
Love you~

It put me at ease to see Yuri's words. Tiffany-unnie flashed a quick eye-smile and gripped my hand as the conference began...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

No One's POV

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to official book release of my 8th book and the first book of my new series, Chance of Fate: Race Against Time!" declared Yoona clearly speaking into the mic.

The fans cheered their hearts out, filling the large conference rooms with cheers.

"IM YOONA JJANG!!" "I LOVE YOU YOONA NOONA!!! PLEASE MARRY ME!" "YOONA YOU'RE SO PRETTY!!" "YOONAAAAAA WE CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR BOOK!!" "CHANCE OF FATE!!!! GIVE ME A CHANCE YOONA!"

"I can see that all of you are very excited for this book, believe me we were just as excited," said Tiffany cheerfully, "but please give us several minutes of your attention so Yoona will be able to explain to plot and the concept of her new book."

"Thank you Miss Hwang. As I mentioned before, this is a start of my new series Chance of Fate. The first book, Race Against Time revolves around the main protagonist, AVE-7. She has been trained as a mercenary for a large terrorist group since her younger sister has being held captive by them. However her latest client orders to murder one of the world's most powerful men, who also happens to be the most eligible bachelor. Who will win? The importance of duty and family or the young love of a heated couple?"

The fans cheered with anticipation.

"Hello everyone, I am Yoona's main editor and I would just like to add that although this is quite different from Miss Im's previous works, it does not fail to disappoint. Please give it a lot of love!"

"NAEEE~!"

The panel smiled and Yoona moved the mic closer to her.

"I've been informed that we will now have time for some questions from the fans. Please step up to the mic if you have been chosen by my staff."

A young man in his twenties stepped up boldly, a shade of bright red, "Sarangheyo Yoona~! I-I-I just wanted to know if you are in a relationship recently?"

"Hmmm... I do have someone irreplaceable in my life right now. Sorry to disappoint you," said Yoona with a sweet smile making everyone fell all warm and bubbly.

This time a woman in her mid-forties came up, "Hello Yoona-ah! I've also been a fan of yours for the longest time, it's so great to see you in person! I was wondering how is your niece doing?"

"Kamsahamnida. I truly appreciate your support and my niece is doing very well right now. She's at school at the moment actually."

Next a group of media representatives took the microphone.

"I have a question about the book," said a middle-aged man, "is the book based on any of your own experiences?"

Yoona laughed brightly, "Hahaha~ I don't think I've ever been a mercenary before... But the relationship that AVE-7 has with her sister is something I based from in my own relationship with my own older sister."

"Is your older sister looking forward to your new book as well?"

"I hope she is, sadly that's something I cannot ask her anymore since she has passed away."

"Is that why you included such a relationship as a memory of your sister?"

"It was intended to be that way as my sister was alive when I began brainstorming the plot, but I have decided to dedicate this series to her and my brother-in-law."

"What do you think the responses will be to your new book?"

"Hopefully my fans will be supportive as the critics have already been giving be some good responses."

"What have the critics been saying?"

"I don't mean to brag since it is my own work, but so far no one has said anything bad about this book."

"Do you plan to make this into a movie?"

"That'll depend on the fan response."

"What company will be producing your next movie if you have one? K-Entertainment?"

"That," said Yoona slowly, "is something that should be discussed with my manager and K-Entertainment."

Jessica suddenly interrupted the barrage of questions as the topic had slowly but surely drifted to a dangerous area.

"Ummm that concludes the questioning sessions. We will now open it up to the book signing for those of you that have pre-ordered Miss Im's latest book. Please form an orderly line."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona POV

It was already 4:30 by the time I finished the book signing and the multiple interviews that followed it. Jessica-unnie let me call it a day for now but reminded me that I had a late-night taping for a variety show later that evening. I texted Yuri to see if were still at the daycare but not getting a response back, I merely asked Chansung-oppa to drive to the daycare as it wasn't that long of a trip.

My heart swelled with excitement as the press conference had gone smoothly and now I would be able to see both Yuri and Minna~ ^^ After the exhausting activities from earlier I must've fallen asleep since when I opened my eyes again I saw that we had arrived at the daycare. I saw that I had received some calls from Tiffany-unnie and Jessica-unnie, but decided to call them later.

Yet... As we pulled into the parking lot...

Something seemed to be wrong...

The usual cheerful daycare was surrounded by multiple police cars...

I rushed out of the car before Chansung-oppa could stop me and sprinted towards Minna's classroom, worried for both my girlfriend and niece. Upon arriving at the classroom I was out of breath. I peered into the classroom and was met with shock.

Sunny-unnie and Taeyeon-unnie were sitting next to a sobbing Yuri as several police officers surrounded the three of them. I couldn't speak a word as I just stared at them.

What had happened???

"Y-Yoona?" asked Taeyeon who had finally spotted me. Yuri's eyes were red from her tears and she sobbed harder as she looked at me. Sunny rubbed her back reassuringly. Observing the people in the room, I noticed that Minna was nowhere to be seen.

Oh my god... what happened? WHERE'S MINNA?!?!?!

I quickly walked over to Yuri and knelt in front of her, grabbing her hands so she would face me.

"Yuri-ah... Please... tell me what's wrong... I'm scared."

Yuri shook and buried her face in her hands, "I-I-It's Minna s-s-s-she's g-g-g-gone! I'm so s-s-s-s-sorry Yoona!!!! I don't know what h-h-h-happened!!"

My heart stopped.

I couldn't remember how to breathe. It was if my body stopped functioning.

All I could see was Minna's smile.

All I could feel was her in my arms.

All I could hear was her laughter.

All I could smell was the sweet scent of her strawberry shampoo.

Yet now a crushing force attacked my heart as it tore my thoughts about Minna turning everything black.

She's gone...

"Y-Y-You're lying..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprise?

Hahaha~ I wasn't going to update this soon but I couldn't help it. I got in as I started to write it...

What do you all think???

You guys saw it coming right? ^^

Leave me a comment ;)

Thank you guys so much for supporting this story so much! Love you all very much! <3