I Promise

My Sister's Gift

No One's POV

"Y-Y-You're lying..." whispered Yoona.

She fell to the ground with a loud thump.

"YOONA!!!" screamed Yuri hurrying to Yoona's side to check on her.

The younger girl had fainted and her breaths were shallow and weak.

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE NOW!" yelled Yuri as she frantically tried to wake Yoona up.

The tanned girl was sobbing even harder now as she shook Yoona's stiff body. Taeyeon grabbed Yuri to stop shaking Yoona as Sunny went to the other side of Yuri to try to calm her down a little. The paramedics soon arrived as they had also been called upon the scene. They quickly loaded Yoona on a stretcher. Yuri broke free from Taeyeon's grip and followed Yoona to the ambulance.

"OH MY GOD! YOONA!" yelled another voice in the hallway as they spotted the doe-eyed girl on the stretcher.

It was Jessica with Tiffany right behind her. The ice-princess grabbed Yuri by the collar and shoved her against the walls. Yuri struggled to breathe from Jessica's grip. Taeyeon was ready to pound the daylights out of Jessica as she had Yuri in a death grip. But Sunny stopped her before a brawl could begin.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER???" screamed Jessica.

Yuri gasped, trying to breathe.

"JESSIE! Let her go! Yuri hasn't done anything wrong!" yelled Tiffany trying to calm HellSica down.

"SHE HURT YOONA! SHE PROMISED SHE WOULDN'T... AND SHE DID. I'LL MAKE HER PAY!"

"You let Yuri go! SHE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING!" shouted Taeyeon trying to breakaway from Sunny's grasp.

"Calm down Tae-Tae," coaxed Sunny not letting go of Taeyeon.

"P-P-Please J-J-J-Jessica... let m-m-me f-f-follow Y-Y-Yoona..." whispered Yuri still trying very hard to get air.

Tiffany placed a gentle hand on Jessica, "Please Sica... this isn't you. Yoona needs us now. She doens't need us fighting... Let her go Sica..."

Jessica growled in impatience and threw the coughing Yuri to the ground. Taeyeon rushed over to Yuri making sure she was okay as Jessica collapsed to the ground as well, crying. Tiffany had her arms around her girlfriend whispering soothing words into her ear.

"The paramedics said that two people can accompany Yoona to the hospital," said Sunny breaking the tense atmosphere.

Yuri stood up first and followed the paramedics with Jessica right behind her. Tiffany, wide-eyed, stared worriedly at the two as they both climbed into the back of the ambulance.

"They'll be alright Tiffany..." said Sunny patting Tiffany's shoulder, "we'll followe them with our car."

Tiffany nodded and got in the Sunny's car right after she got Taecyeon and Changsung to drive their own respective cars to follow them to the hospital as well.

The sirens of the ambulance were all the girls heard as they rushed towards the hospital...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona POV

Before I even opened my eyes, I could tell I was in the hospital.

There was that distinct smell and the dull pain from what I assummed was an IV that could be felt in my arm. There also seemed to be an oxygen mask on my face as it forced air down my lungs. As my thoughts started to clear and I took in my surroundings, I could hear muffled voices.

I slowly opened my eyes and was first met with Jessica-unnie's tear-stained worried face.

"YOONA! Oh thank God! You're awake now!"

Groaning, I struggled to sit up and was gently forced back down by a gentle pair of familiar hands.

I looked to see Yuri smiling weakly at me. Her eyes were red.

"Rest Yoona-ah... you collapsed due to too much stress and over-exhaustion. Don't try to get up..."

I felt my head land on soft cushions of the hospital bed, while taking in the people that were in my room. Tiffany-unnie was there as too, sitting next to Jessica-unnie, tightly holding her hand. She gave me a smile eye-smile.

"Hey sweetie~ how are you feeling?"

I tried my best to smile at her, but it seemed that Tiffany got my message.

Sooyoung was there as well looking at me like a worried puppy. Her hair was frazzled and she was still wearing makeup and an outfit that seemed to be from a photoshoot.

"Yoong! Gosh you had us so worried!!!"

"You look... fashionable..." I whispered, chuckling dryly.

Soo pouted at my lame attempt to joke but let it pass. Surprisingly, Taeyeon-unnie was sitting next to her with her arms crossed and pouting. But she hurriedly gave me a smile as she saw that I was staring at her.

"Sunny's here too, but she went to the cafeteria with Seohyun... I had to come to make sure you were all right and that Jessica didn't hurt Yul."

Jessica looked sheepishly to the ground and refused to make eye-contact with me. I pondered at what had happened between them.

"Sica-unnie," I said weakly as she quickly looked up at me, "i-i-i-is it t-t-t-t-true? About M-M-M-Minna?"

Tears formed in my eyes as they flowed freely down my face. Soon the whole room was filled with silence and sniffling. There was not a dry face in the room as I realized with heartbreak that Minna really was gone...

"I'm sorry Yoona..." whispered Yuri as she looked away from me, "I failed as her teacher..."

I gripped Yuri's hand tightly stopping her, as she was about to get up and walk away. Yuri's warm brown eyes that were rimmed with red, met mine. I shook my head slowly.

"It wasn't you're fault Yuri... I don't blame you so please don't blame yourself..."

Yuri broke down crying again as she burried her face in my shoulder and I awkwardly her raven hair.

"Shhh~ it's alright Yuri... please don't cry. My heart already hurts... Please don't make it worse by crying."

Yuri sniffled and wiped away her tears. She gave me one of her warm smiles.

"Thanks Yoongie... But you should rest now. The doctor said that you should stay for the night to recover."

"Yuri's right Yoong," said Tiffany-unnie, "we'll let you know i-i-if... we hear anything about M-M-Minna."

"Tiff's right Yoona, go back to sleep," added Sooyoung.

"Get some rest Yoona," said Taeyeon still eyeing Jessica-unnie closely.

Sica-unnie dragged the blankets up to my chin and carefully tucked me in.

"Please get some sleep Yoona, it's my fault that I filled your schedule up so much."

I finally nodded and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight my love," whispered the sweet voice of an angel as the last thing I felt was a pair of soft lips planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiffany POV

It was 2 am now and Yoona was still sleeping soundly. The doctor had suggested that we let her rest by only having one of us watch her, not the huge group of us. He said the huge group might cause her more stress. Since it was so late, we had decided to take shifts every hour.

Sunny and Taeyeon had gone home as they still had to deal with the police as they had to open the daycare tomorrow.

Sooyoung was watching Yoona now. Seohyun, Yuri, Jessie, and I were down in the cafeteria. Jessica had fallen asleep, using my lap as a pillow as soon as she had come downstairs from Yoona's room after switching shifts with Sooyoung. Yuri was also exhausted and had fallen asleep as well. She was leaning on Seohyun who was currently studying one of her law books.

I personally couldn't sleep as I was worried about everyone and everything. A cup of coffee sat in front of me as I sighed for the nth time tonight. Seohyun looked up from her textbook and faced me.

"Is everything all right Tiffany-unnie?"

"Just worried... sorry I distracted you from studying."

"It's all right unnie. I couldn't really pay attention anyway..." Seohyun trailed off.

"Are you close with Minna too?"

Seohyun shook her head, "I wouldn't say I'm as close with her as Yuri-unnie is but she really is a great student. I enjoy spending time with her whenever I go visit unnie."

"Yuri's quite close with her huh?"

"Close doesn't even cut it unnie. Yuri-unnie always said it was bad to have favorites but she couldn't help it with Minna. She really loves her... I can't even imagine how awful she must be feeling right now."

"Yuri must really care for both Yoona and Minna then..."

"She really does Tiffany-unnie. I've never seen Yuri-unnie so deeply in love with anyone before. They make a good match and Minna compliments them well."

"So you agree with the relationship then?"

"Of course, Yoona-unnie is the first one that seems to be able to tame Yuri-unnie. And at the same time Yuri-unnie really tries to be an emotional pillar of support for Yoona-unnie. They compliment each other. They are the strength where the latter lacks. It also helps that Yuri-unnie fully supports Minna and Yoona as well as being an understanding fan about Yoona-unnie's career."

"They're a good match..."

Seohyun nodded agreeing, "I've never told anyone this before but I guess I'll tell you now unnie... Yuri-unnie really does care a lot about Yoona-unnie. I mean she's had some serious relationships before, but this is the first time I've seen her so head-over-heels for anyone... I haven't seen her this committed about anyone else ever before. I hope they can be happy together..."

I smiled at the younger girl, "I agree with you Seo. Yoona's never seemed so happy before. Ever since Minna and Yuri came into her life... That's why we need to find her. We need to find Minna."

"We'll find her Tiffany-unnie. Yoona-unnie and Yuri-unnie will go to the ends of the earth to find Minna..."

Seohyun was absolutely intelligent and observant for her age and I was pleased to have a conversation with her. We enjoyed casual chatter about everyday things of no importance. She talked about school and I told her about her work. I even shared some silly stories involving Sooyoung, making her blush and giggle cutely.

The clock struck 2:45 and I stretched to get up and relieve Sooyoung from her shift. However that was when Seohyun and I noticed the tall shikshin sprinting towards us in the cafeteria. Her face was pale white and I had really bad feeling about this.

"What's wrong Sooyoung-unnie?" asked Seohyun.

"I-I-It's Yoona... s-s-she's gone..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona POV

*Flashback*

I had woken up from a nightmare and saw that Sooyoung was the only one in my room. My throat was dry so I begged Soo to fetch me something to drink. She reluctantly got up to look for a vending machine as I was left alone in my room.

That was when my phone flashed, signaling an incoming call.

I looked at the caller ID only to see it was the last person that I wanted to see.

I pressed "talk".

"Hello Yoona... It seems as if you've misplaced you're precious niece," said the cold voice from the other line.

"What have you done with her?"

He chuckled.

"If you want her back. You will follow every single one of my directions."

I was silent.

"Leave for my company now. Studio 4, I'll be waiting..."

He hung up and I was left with only one choice.

"Sorry Soo," I whispered as I quickly got up from bed and threw the IV and air mask away to the side of the bed.

After making sure the coast was clear, I sprinted down the hallway with my jacket in my hands.

"Please wait for me Minna... I promise you that I will get you back safely in my arms..."

"Yuri-ah.. please forgive me but I have to do this..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprise!!! Another update! After the very strong responses I got from my readers I decided it wasn't fair to keep you all waiting. It was a quick update so I'm sorry for any errors and the rushed story line.

Thank you so much for giving me all the great responses!

Please leave me a comment to tell me what you thought this new update! <3