Yuri's Day at the Daycare

My Sister's Gift

Yuri's POV

"Y-y-you're the girl from yesterday right? The one I ran my car into... a-a-a-at the gas station?"

Finally Yoona's face lit up in recognition, "Ohhh... Yes that was me. I'm sorry about leaving so abruptly but I had to make sure none of the tabloids saw. Are you alright?"

"M-m-m-me?? I-I-I.. I was the o-o-o-one who ran into y-y-you..."

Omo... Kwon Yuri... STOP STUTTERING!!! You sound like a fool!!!

"A-a-a-are you all right Miss Im?"

The Im Yoona shrugged nonchalantly, "Like I said yesterday, I'm fine. It's nice to meet you again, but I believe we weren't introduced yet. "

She flashed the smile that captured so many fans from across the world and dazzled my sight, "My name is Im Yoona, just call me Yoona. I'm Minna's aunt and now guardian. I'll be relying on you from now on. Please take care of us both."

I took the hand she offered, "K-k-k-kwon Yuri, Minna's teacher. It's nice to meet you Y-y-y-yoona-ssi." 

I looked into her eyes and saw that she was intently gazing into my face as well...

She's beautiful... so THAT'S why I thought I had met her before... Im Yoona. My idol... My celebrity crush... UGH! I can't believe she's standing right in front of me! O.O OMO~ what am I going to do???? And her hands are so soft... OH MY GOSH. I AM HOLDING THE IM YOONA'S HAND!?!? Can I maybe get a signature? Or... a parent-teacher conference? OMG! That would be like... like... like a DATE!

A cute giggle interrupted my daydreaming...

It was Minna. She tugged at Yoona's hand.

"Umma! Yuri-seonsaengnim is a big fan of you! She talks about you all the time! She has ALL the books you wrote too AND she even has a poster of you in the classroom!"

Minna pointed at the large poster of Yoona's recent movie that was hanging on one of the walls in the classroom.

I blushed bright red and quickly let go of Yoona's hand as Yoona's gaze made her way to the poster.

She slowly walked over to it.

"Omo... Is this true Miss Kwon? Are you really a fan of mine?" she asked in a bewildered tone.

Before I could respond Taeyeon-unnie responded for me, "Pffft... Fan?! Hahaha more like obsessed stalker! Yoona-ssi you won't believe the amount of knowledge she has on you!"

Oh please... Someone just kill me now! 

I wanted to die from the embarrassment I was feeling....

"Umma," said Minna cheerfully, "maybe you can sign the poster for Yuri-seonsaengnim? I think she would like that very much!"

Oh no... Minna please!!!! Be a darling and keep quiet... You're embarrassing me!!!! T^T
B-b-but... if Yoona could actually sign it for me... OMG THAT WOULD BE DAEBAK xD!

"Miss Kwon? W-w-would you like me to sign your poster? I mean if you really are one of my fans, I wouldn't mind..."

I looked up at Yoona and was surprised to see her blushing as well.

"Ummmm, i-i-if you c-c-c-could... that'd be wonderful..."  I managed to whisper, barely audible.

But Yoona smiled and grabbed one of my many sharpies from my desk. As she signed, I saw Taeyeon grin cheekily at me. Minna was smiling mischievously at me as well.

Kim Taeyeon... you will pay for this later... Mark my words shorty...

"Here you are Miss Kwon; I hope you don't mind that I signed Yuri instead of... well... Miss Kwon," said Yoona while giving me back my marker. "I thought you'd like a more personal signature better."

"T-t-t-thank you, Yoona-ssi. And please... call me Yuri."

Yoona nodded and glanced at her watch.

"I'm sorry but i should get going soon or I'll be late for work. Yuri-ssi I'll make sure to come pick up Minna by 4, I know school ends at 3 but I don't think I can come with all the parents here. Do you think you'll be able to take care of Minna until then?"

"O-o-of course Yoona-ssi. I'll do my best." Yoona smiled widely and motioned for Minna to come over. Minna skipped happily to her aunt as Yoona squatted down to her eye-level.

"Minna-ah, I have to go to work now. You behave yourself for Yuri-seonsaengnim okay? I don't want to hear any bad things."

"Nae umma. I will be a good girl while you are away," replied Minna cheerfully.

Yoona patted her on the head and got up to leave.

"WAIT! Umma! Where is my goodbye kiss?" called Minna.

Yoona froze mid-step almost causing herself to trip. She turned around to look at her cute niece holding tightly onto her Rilakkuma plushy.

Minna puckered her lips sweetly, "Kiss Umma!"

Minna ran over to her aunt as Yoona automatically knelt down. The little girl planted a small kiss on Yoona's right cheek. Yoona blushed as she kissed Minna back.

"I have to go now Minna-ah."

"Okay umma! Have fun at work! I love you! Mwah~"

"I love you too sweetie," mumbled Im Yoona as she hurriedly left the classroom, very red in the face.

I smiled at Minna and grabbed her hand to follow Yoona out of the classroom. We stood together outside as Minna waved goodbye to her aunt driving away. Minna was silent for a little while as we stared at where Yoona's car disappeared.

"Seonsaengnim, Yoona-umma will come to pick me up this afternoon right?"

I looked at Minna, shocked to see that her doe-eyes were filled with tears and they were streaming down her face as she sniffled into her Rilakkuma. I quickly bent down to hug her as she cried quietly.

"Of course Minna-ah," I responded reassuringly. "Im Yoona never breaks her promises and if she does Yuri-seonsaengnim will make sure to punish her."

Minna looked up at me with her eyes wide, "Really? Yoona-umma won't leave like appa and umma did?"

"No sweetie," I said gently as I her hair, "Yoona-umma will never leave you. No one is ever going to take anyone else away from you again."

Minna smiled and hugged me. I took out a handkerchief from my pocket and wiped away her remaining tears.

"Now why don't we do something together before all the other children come?"

She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the classroom.

"Seonsaengnim!! Can you read me one of umma's stories?"

I chuckled and nodded as Minna excitedly led me away into the classroom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Lunch time*

 

The kids were all at recess, being watched by the volunteers so I had time to eat my lunch. I pulled out my packed lunch that Seohyun had handed me this morning.

Please... not goguma again... *crosses fingers*

I cautiously open the lid and happily discover that it is stir-fry vegetables. I munched away enthusiastically as both Taeyeon and Sunny sat besides me.

"Yah! Kkab! I heard from Tae-tae... what is this about you running into your girlfriend's car?"

*Cough* *cough*... I choked on my rice.

"G-g-girlfriend??? What are you talking about Taeyeon???? I ran into Yoona's car yesterday..."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, "Oh please... the way you were drooling at her this morning and the way she blushed at you... it's bound to happen soon enough... but seriously Yul... You ran into her car? Smooth moves Yul..."

Sunny chortled along with her. 

"I don't know what you're talking about Tae... Yoona is one of my student's guardians, nothing more nothing less... And yes I ran into her car yesterday..." I added the last part a bit more quietly.

Taeyeon and Sunny laughed heartily. 

"Alright fine, I'll stop teasing you for today Yul," said Taeyeon finally.

"But on a serious note, how's Minna holding up. Loosing her parents at this young age must be difficult for her to understand..."

I swallowed my mouth full of food.

"She cried a little when Yoona left this morning but other than that, she's been handling it just fine. There's been nothing out of the ordinary. Minna's her happy cheerful self."

"Poor Minna-ah..." said Sunny while pouting, "I hope Yoona will be able to take care of her. She's a special kid."

I cocked an eyebrow up at Sunny, "You think Yoona's not capable?"

"Aish Yul~" Sunny said sweetly, "I didn't say that. What I meant was that I hope she's able to raise Minna amidst her busy schedule. I mean, she IS a big-time celebrity and Minna needs all the attention and care she can get."

I shoved another large spoonful of rice into my mouth.

"I'm pretty sure Yoona will be able to handle it Sunny-ah," added Taeyeon, "sides she has Yuri to help her."

I choked on my food again.

"You're right Tae-tae," said Sunny.

I hurriedly finished my lunch and decided to check on Minna. As I ran out of the staff room, I hard the chortles of my two bosses behind me.

Aish... What is wrong with me today???

*Playground*

I found Minna on the swings, cheerfully chattering with her friends, Sulli and Luna.

"Yuri-seonsaengnim!" yelled Minna as she spotted me.

I waved at my students as the three girls ran over to me.

Sulli reached me first and she tackled me to the ground with a large bear hug. Minna and Luna climbed on top and soon I was groaning from the weight of the three girls.

"Aish... Jinja? You girls... what did you all eat for lunch? You're all so heavy!!" I exclaimed as I tickled them. They erupted into a fit of giggles as they hurriedly got off of me.

"Seonsaengnim," said Sulli brightly, her eyes curving into her adorable eye-smile, "why are you not eating lunch with the other teachers?"

"I finished and I wanted to see my students."

Luna then suddenly began to bounce up and down and her brown locks blew gently in the wind.

"YURI-SEONGSAENGNIM! Will you twirl the jump rope for the three of us?!?!?"

"Aish~ Luna-ah... I'm right in front of you; there is no need to shout. And yes I shall twirl the rope for you."

The girls chattered excitedly as Minna went to go get the rope.

"HEY!!!!" a little boy's voice rang from behind me. I turned around to face three of my other students. Minho, Taemin, and Jonghyun.

"That's not fair seonsaengnim," whined Minho, "play with us too~"

Behind him, little Taemin and Jonghyun nodded vigorously.

"Why don't we all play together?" I suggested.

The six kids nodded in agreement and I called one of my co-workers over so she could hold onto the other end of the rope, As I started to twirl the rope, the children all took turns jumping in and out.

Sulli and Luna were in perfect harmony. That was until Minho decided to tease Luna, causing her to loose concentration. So when it was Minho's and Jonghyun's turn it was no surprise that Luna decided to get back at Minho. The little boy got twisted in the ropes as little Luna screamed, surprising even those that were far away from where we all were.

"Yah! Luna!" yelled Minho angrily, "Are you trying to make us all deaf?!?!?"

"Merong~!" Luna said as she cutely stuck her tongue out at Minho as he stuck his tongue back. Soon the two children were involved in a chase of tag as both Sulli and Jonghyun ran after their two friends and tried to get them to calm down.

I chuckled at the sight of two of my rowdiest students. They were a match to be wary of...

"Yuri-seonsaengnim," said Minna. I looked her only to see her holding hands with Taemin who had by now turned a shade of crimson.

"We want a turn to jump too~" Minna whined and pouted. Taemin stared at Minna's small gesture of aegyo with awe. I giggled at the sight.

"Taemin-ah~" I called teasingly, "why are you turning so red??"

Minna's eyes widened as she noticed that Taemin had turned even more red, "Omo! Taemin-ah!!! You're so red! Are you hot? Do you have a fever? Are you sick?"

"Hahaha he's love sick Minna-ah~"

Minna looked confused as she turned to look at me and then at Taemin and then back to me.

"Seonsaengnim~!!" whined Taemin.

"Hahahaha, arasso! I will stop teasing you now! Come on kids let's jump rope!"

The two of them smiled and they held hands tightly as they both perfectly kept to the beat and rhythm of the twirling ropes, while singing a children's song. I watched the two with a happy expression.

And this is why I'm a teacher... They're too cute~ ... Hehe I wonder what Yoona would say about this scene... OMO! She'd probably get all protective... Wait, YAH!!! KWON YURI, why are you thinking about your crush again??? You have to concentrate on the kids! AISH Kwon Yul!!! CONCENTRATE!

*Brrrrrrrriiiiiiingggg~*

The bell rang to signal that recess was over. Luna and Minho came back, still bickering. Sulli and Jonghyun were right behind them pacifying the two. Minna and Taemin ran over to the four with the rope their hands, while I made it my job as a teacher that all the children got back into the daycare center. As the children walked back into the classrooms, chattering excitedly, I glanced over the play area to make sure we didn't miss anyone. I was surprised to see a car parked in the drop-off area of the daycare.

That car looks familiar...

The driver, probably noticing that recess was finished, quickly rushed out of the parking lot.

Oh my gosh! What the heck?!? Who was that person??? Was he some strange ert? OMO... E??? I should tell Taeyeon and Sunny!!!
But wait... Then why did that car look so familiar??? Hmmm....
OHHHHHH!!!!! WAIT A SEC!!!! Was that YOONA???? Was she really here??? Was she checking in on Minna?
Omo... Im Yoona... were you watching us the whole time?

"Yuri-ssi," said a voice, interrupting my thoughts. I spun around only to find it was one of my fellow staff members, Victoria.

"Yuri-ssi, I think you can close the doors now. All the children are inside."

"Oh. Oh of course! Haha how silly of me! Thank you Victoria-ssi, I'll go back to my classroom now."

.... Im Yoona... You mysterious person... The tabloids all said that you were cold. Yet here you are making my heart go wild with your kindness... Just who are you my beautiful celebrity stranger??

Sunny POV

 

It was 1:30 now, nap time for all the children at daycare. Tae-tae and I made it a point that all the kids have time to nap, because sleep stimulates your brainwaves. 1:00-2:30 was reserved especially for naptime
It was also time for all the teachers to take a break and prepare for tomorrow's lessons and activities. Tae-tae liked to hold conferences with all the teachers, so I usually stay behind in the kitchen and make snacks for all the kids and teachers.
No different from usual, I was baking cookies; bunny and teddy bear shaped ones. I had just started to cut out the shapes when a small voice distracted me from my work.

"Sunny-seonsaengnim~"

It was Minna, one of my favorite students at the daycare.

"Minna-ah~ what are you doing awake?"

She rubbed her eyes cutely and yawned widely, "I smelled bunny cookies~"

Hehe how cute~... Baby shikshin!

"Yah~ Minna-ah, these are for later. After you wake up..." I picked her up gently and started to walk back to the classroom.

"Let's get you back to bed little one!"

"NO!" yelled Minna loudly. "I don't want to sleep anymore!"

I looked at her and sternly said, "But Minna-ah~ all the kids are still asleep. And you need to take a nap so you can get bigger and stronger..."

Minna shook her head, "I don't wanna~"

"*Sigh*... But Minna-ah why not?! You're usually a good girl... why are you acting up now?"

"Hey Sunny, what's up?" asked Yuri as she suddenly walked into the room with my Tae-tae.

The meeting must have just finished.

"Minna-ah what are you doing awake?" asked Taeyeon puzzled.

"She says she doesn't want to sleep."

Yuri walked over to us and lifted Minna out of my arms, "Why not Minna-ah? Aren't you sleepy from all the playing we did at recess?"

Minna cuddled into Yuri's arms and while yawning she nodded.

"Well then let's go back to sleep," I added cheerfully.

"NO!!!! I don't want to~!!!!!" yelled Minna. She hid her face in Yuri's hair.

Taeyeon walked over to Minna and gently her hair.

"Minna-ah, remember we have to follow the rules at daycare. Right now it's naptime so you have to go back to sleep. You can have cookies after you wake up okay sweetie?"

"NO! NO! NOOOO! I don't WANT to sleep!"

The three of us were surprised when Minna started to cry. Usually Minna was a really good kid. In fact we had no trouble with her at all. She didn't throw tantrums, she was kind, she followed all the rules, and she got along with everybody. We never had a problem... Well, until now.

"Minna-ah~," said Yuri gently, "why are you crying sweetie?"

Minna sniffled as she continued to cry into Yuri's hair, "I don't want to go back to sleep..."

"Why not Minna-ah?" I asked.

"Because..." whispered Minna, "because... bad things happen when I sleep by myself..."

"What bad things Minna-ah?" asked Yuri.

She shook her small head as she sobbed harder. "It's alright sweetie, you can tell us," said Taeyeon softly as I tried to coax her with a cookie. Yuri her hair as she gently rubbed her back, cooing encouragements
Minna finally lifted her face out of Yuri's hair as she looked at us with her big now red doe-like eyes, as tears streamed down her little face.

"Nightmares..." she whispered softly.”I'm alone. Appa and umma come back to me but leave again... And Yoona-umma leaves too..."

Finishing her sentence Minna erupts in uncontrollable sobs once again as we try to comfort her. Tae is humming softly as Yuri rocks her slowly and I try to rub her back in soothing circles. Minna continues to cry and her sobbing only subsides when Tae finds her Rilakkuma plush. She hugs it tightly as she hiccups.

"Minna-ah," said Yuri gently, "no one is going to take anything away from you. Not again. You don't have to be sad anymore. Yoona-umma won't ever break her promise."

"*sniff* *sniff* but... Umma said the same thing... And then... And then... She left me..." cried Minna as she once again started to shake from her sobs.

I looked over at Taeyeon and we exchanged looks of worry... Earlier on in the day, we both had been worried for Minna and how she'd react to her parents’ death.

In the end we couldn't comfort her and Minna ended up crying herself to sleep in Yuri's arms.  

Omo... what are we going to do???

Yuri POV

Minna slept her way through the rest of the school day and it wasn't long until the clock hit 4. Once again Yoona was exactly on time. She pulled into the parking lot, at exactly 4 and she hurriedly rushed out of the car to where I was sitting with Minna in my arms

Omo... she still looks beautiful, even after working for the whole day.

"How did she do today? Did she behave? Was she fine? Is she tired? Is she sick?"

Hehe~ she's cute when she's worried... She crinkles her forehead. Kyeopta!!!
AISH! KWON YURI there you AGAIN! Concentrate! You need to tell her what happened today!

"Please calm down Yoona-ssi, Minna was an angel as usual. Well... except for one incident..."

"Incident??? What happened? Is she hurt? Does she need to go the hospital? What can I do?!?"

"Aniya... Not that kind of incident Yoona-ssi... Minna actually had an emotional breakdown today. It happened during naptime. She woke up during the middle of it and started to cry because she didn't want to go to sleep. She said she was scared of nightmares she has when she sleeps alone. Did Minna have trouble sleeping last night?"

Yoona's eyes opened in shock as I told her what happened. "Not that I can think of Miss Kwon."
She blushed a little as she said her next statement, "We slept together last night, but I was completely asleep the whole entire night... Um... what kind of nightmares did she have Yuri-ssi?"

"Minna said she was afraid to be left alone again, like how her parents left her... Have you talked to Minna yet? A-a-a-about her parents?"

Yoona suddenly froze and she turned pale. Her shoulder slumped. She looked to the ground.

"I was hoping that Minna wouldn't be effected very much by her parents’ death... I-I-I'm not very good with kids a-a-and it's a hard thing for even an adult to understand. What am I supposed to say to a child? Especially to a child that hasn't even met me properly before. We're only related by blood Yuri-ssi, we have no bond..."

She looked at me with tears in her eyes, "I don't deserve to be her guardian Yuri-ssi."

I was taken aback. The confident Im Yoona I had fallen in love with on screen was in front of me, now crumbling. Almost breaking down in tears...

Omo.. what am I supposed to do??? Oh I know! Give her advice!! You can do this Kwon Yuri! Hwaiting!!!

"Yoona-ssi, regardless of your capability as a parent, you are Minna's guardian now. Minna understands that and she absolutely loves you already. All she wants right now is someone she can trust, someone who won't leave her. I believe that you can provide that for her Yoona-ssi. You just have to reassure her and have confidence in yourself."

"Do you r-r-r-really think Minna loves me?"

"Of course Yoona-ssi," I smiled at her reassuringly. "It doesn't take a genius to figure that out from the way she interacts with you."

Yoona smiled a little and quickly wiped away her tears.

"Thank you very much Yuri-ssi." she took Minna into her arms. "I'll make sure to talk to her tonight."

"Don't thank me it's my job as her teacher."

Yoona smiled at me as Minna snuggled into the crook of Yoona's neck and smiled softly in her sleep. While Yoona grabbed Minna's school bag and Rilakkuma plushy, I opened the car door for her, which reminded me of the car I had seen at recess.

"Oh Yoona-ssi! We're you here during recess today???"

Yoona immediately blushed as she continued to buckle Minna into the car seat.

"S-s-so... y-y-you saw me?"

I nodded and she sighed heavily.

"Yes that was me. I was a little bit worried today so I snuck off when I had a little bit of free time."

I had to smile at her explanation.

Haha, here you are Im Yoona telling me that you aren't fit to be Minna's parent and yet you take time out of your day just see if she's all right... Not many parents do that you know Yoona-ssi... Omg! You're just too cute~

Yoona finally closed the car door and got inside her car. She rolled down the car window to look at me.

"Thank you again Yuri-ssi."

"Like I said it was no problem."

I watched as she pulled out of the parking lot and this time as she drove away I finally had a chance to wave goodbye.

Im Yoona... just who are you to make my heart beat so widly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated! What do you guys think?? :) Comments would be greatly appreciated!
Next chapter will be about Yoona's day and her point of view. Jeti will also be introduced more formally in this chapter. Another bonus will be a little bit more foresight into Yoona's past and her relationship with her sister Hyoyeon.

Thank you all for reading and subscribing!